Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God (13836 Views)

Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Godiloveu(f): 10:22am On Feb 05, 2017
well for the question I will say No,
but the fellowship of brethens is d true essences of Christianity, so therefore, as a Christian one needs a church to grow one's faith in Christ Jesus.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Scalord: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2017
remiopash:
When a person trusts Jesus Christ for salvation, he or she is made a member of the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27). For a church body to function properly, all of its “body parts” need to be present (1 Corinthians 12:14-20). Likewise, a believer will never reach full spiritual maturity without the assistance and encouragement of other believers (1 Corinthians 12:21-26). For these reasons, church attendance/participation and/or fellowship should be regular aspects of a believer’s life. Weekly church attendance is in no sense “required” for believers, but someone who belongs to Christ should have a desire to worship God, receive His Word, and fellowship with other believers.

So pls answer honestly. Since you are a christian you must therefore belief that every unbeliever and believer in different religions would end up in hell right? Except true believers that do not forsake the gathering of the believers and keep God's commandments...

Is this correct..

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by musicwriter(m): 10:24am On Feb 05, 2017
Excell360:

Read matthew 21 vs 1-15 nd Mark 11 vs 1-19

If you actually read it and understand it, you'll understand Jesus was going his own way when he stumbled upon people desecration the temple and chased them away because "he hated church goers" cause they were in the church (temple) doing what they weren't supposed to be doing.

Jesus wasn't even inside the temple, but in the "temple court" that's the compound, in the premises of the temple. The custodians of the temple were "the chief priests and the teachers of the law" not Jesus.

The relevant passages says "Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. “It is written,” he said to them,

“‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’ ”

The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them. But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple courts, “Hosanna to the Son of David,” they were indignant".

Jesus would normally go to farm or on charity works on Sundays (Sabbath day). On one occasion they asked him why he do that and he replied them saying “Which of you, having a son or an ox that has fallen into a well on a Sabbath day, will not immediately pull him out?”. Luke 14:5.

Jesus referred to church goers and pastors as sinners, hypocrites. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
Matthew 23:25.

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by jfleece(m): 10:24am On Feb 05, 2017
xstry:
No where did it say you should go to church on Sundays
remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.....
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by GOGMIG(m): 10:35am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:
Religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind
God is fake
Jesus is fake
Only kids can believe those stupid lies

may God not make your life like this pic

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by GOGMIG(m): 10:35am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

may God not make your life like this pic

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Trippledee(m): 10:38am On Feb 05, 2017
Christane:
yes nw ...bt if u re too sick dat u cnt move a muscle dat z understandable even God wil understand ...bt wen u re physically,mentally and emotionally sound and u stay away from d gathering of d children of God ..den dat z d sin ..nd it mean u dnt av regard for d thngz of God ...so it sink ur relation-ship wit God ..so quickly go and dress up dy z stil time to be in d house of God.. am out

sin? U gat me wonder
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by chelsea1116(m): 10:39am On Feb 05, 2017
[quote author=Atmmachine post=53431935][color=#770077][b]

God is fake

Jesus is fake

kwontinu...its wen u die u wil find out bt 4 nw keep entertaining ur thoughtless stupidity.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by zionmade(m): 10:43am On Feb 05, 2017
HungerBAD:

No.

Your body is the temple(Church) of the Lord, so you can serve him anywhere without going into Church.

1 Corinthians 6:19King James Version (KJV)

Bros u re not even a Christian why do u rush into christian threads like dis. Cant u just focus on ur belief

To d OP If there is no use to go to Church den why was Jesus always found in d synagogue
Paul made it clear do not forsake the gathering of d saints as the manner of some is.
D church is a gathering of d saints where u get inspired.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by michkings: 10:44am On Feb 05, 2017
Ask yourself why ritualist and occult men do have a private place, call it room or anything, there they consult their god ant talt to them privately,

And you must believe with me that in this world there is principle of light and darkness, so you must chose one and be strong in them,

if you are of darkness (devil) you must obey him nd be available anytime anywhere he needs you if not you suffer the consequence.

If you are of light(God Almighty) you must as well obey him and his commands, of which He says you must keep the seventh day holy, therefore it is obligatory that anyone that calls him/ herself a Christian must go to church, if not you have sinned.

As for me any Sunday I didn't go to Church I feel like am missing smthn or smthin is being taking away from me.

SAY THIS PRAYER WITH ME.
Lord I believe you are a living God, I ask you to open the eyes of humans that they may see that you are a living God and worthy to be praise and worship in your presence and your true Church, Make strong the heart of those who believe in you and make them prosparous in all their endeavors, through Christ our Lord, Amen.

Like this if you say this prayer with me.

A HAPPY SUNDAY TO ALL BELIEVERS ON NAIRALAND.

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by zionmade(m): 10:46am On Feb 05, 2017
MakeADifference:
Exactly! Man you sure know the Bible

Matthew 18:3 NIV
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. ...

Bros u made my day. Thank u for such a wisdom

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Excell360: 10:46am On Feb 05, 2017
musicwriter:

If you actually read it and understand it, you'll understand Jesus was going his own way when he stumbled upon people desecration the temple and chased them away because "he hated church goers" cause they were in the church (temple) doing what they weren't supposed to be doing.

Jesus wasn't even inside the temple, but in the "temple court" that's the compound, in the premises of the temple. The custodians of the temple were "the chief priests and the teachers of the law" not Jesus.

The relevant passages says "Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. “It is written,” he said to them,

“‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’ ”

The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them. But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple courts, “Hosanna to the Son of David,” they were indignant".

Jesus would normally go to farm or on charity works on Sundays (Sabbath day). On one occasion they asked him why he do that and he replied them saying “Which of you, having a son or an ox that has fallen into a well on a Sabbath day, will not immediately pull him out?”. Luke 14:5.

Jesus referred to church goers and pastors as sinners, hypocrites. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
Matthew 23:25.

He didn't go to temple buh he encouraged people so wat does it entells. If he neva liked d idea of people going to his holy temple, y did he nt pass-by ........ His teachings didn't he gather people
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by swankylay(m): 10:46am On Feb 05, 2017
It depends on u. People go to church nowadays for different reasons and people don't go likewise for different reasons. Know ur own reason.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by cybriz82(m): 10:47am On Feb 05, 2017
going to church help you to know more about God and the bible...many of us cn read the bible bt cnt understnd..that why we have pastor as a teacher to help break it down for us.so we cn know God the more.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by mavelos1o(m): 10:48am On Feb 05, 2017
you're asking this question because churches are no longer what they should be. Churches now preach 10% salvation, 90% prosperity. what about the understanding the will of God for us? Even the salvation they preach is now filtered to please the audience. This is why you end up asking if going to church affects your relationship with God. If you don't study, you won't learn. When the school that's meant to teach maths is teaching agric, what business do you have there?
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by musicwriter(m): 11:00am On Feb 05, 2017
Excell360:

He didn't go to temple buh he encouraged people so wat does it entells. If he neva liked d idea of people going to his holy temple, y did he nt pass-by ........ His teachings didn't he gather people

The temple wasn't his!!. Before Jesus was born there were always temples of worship.

Jesus did not encourage anybody to go worship in the temple as he was in a constant battle with pastors (teachers of the law, pharises, scribes). He would usually go street by street passing his message, and when a crowd gathered, they'll make that place their temple/church. Jesus never encouraged property ownership, he never even owned a house.

Be warned that your pastors and Christendom as is today doesn't represent Christ.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by greenhope(m): 11:11am On Feb 05, 2017
If you don't go to church how will be blessed and profit from the word of God through His prophets.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Culin(f): 11:20am On Feb 05, 2017
AngryNigerian:

If the rest of the coal are already cold or burnt out, you go burn out faster...& don't criticise any church; leave that for God. He is the true judge. I love you eyes shaa

I can't remember criticizing any church above
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Revolva(m): 11:50am On Feb 05, 2017
NO BE BY CHURCH GOING OOOOO pls nigerians.....i am tired of all you religious foools
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2017
It depen on the person view. U ask urslf wot do u go 2 church 2 do, y are u goin 2 church? If u knw d reasons, den u knw hw 2 ans dat. Bt 2 me, it dos. because d mre u try 2 knw him, d mre u loves him 4 d growth of ur spritual life.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by DrogoG(m): 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
Evans407:
This got me wondering honestly, if i don't go to Church and am a believer, will it affect my relationship with God?

You don't need church or god to live a good life.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2017
when you go to church and you hear the word of God and you are able to put it into your daily life then good but if you go to church and just because its Sunday then hmmm.personally I feel that going to church on Sunday was assigned by those ancient catholic tradition (am not judging catholics now)they were the foundation of Christianity.so because of how political the church was and how respected it was I mean those people had some power mehn they decided to enforce conditions and stories to make people scared and stick to the church because probably people where getting tired of their abusive reign.I mean can you imagine something like purgatory only a human can create that in other to feel special more respected and powerful not to forget the wealth.ideally God rested on the last day right which is Saturday right the Jews call that Sabbath so if really we had to go to church why are we going on Sunday the first day of the week?all these things are fixed by humans for their own benefits... to me this whole Christianity stuff is just a plan that some group of people have done many Years ago just like the founding fathers of america so if you really wanna what can affects your relationship with God its prayers and your bible not church.... Now before anyone attacks me on above statement they are just my personal opinion or thesis and I believe there is something called freedom of expression so think twice

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by agent01(m): 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2017
0b10010011:
Which of the God's re we talking about?
. Which one r u serving?
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Limpo(m): 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2017
YES
See the following Bible passage: "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and
so much the more, as ye see the day approaching". (Heb 10:25)
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by 0b10010011: 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
agent01:
. Which one r u serving?

Ogun laka ye Osimole!
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Panshow(m): 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2017
Evans407:
This got me wondering honestly, if i don't go to Church and am a believer, will it affect my relationship with God?
This question can only be answered by God himself.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
Evans407:

Hebrews 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Your body is the temple of God but the Church is the city of God on earth.

No matter how good a house look, if it gets disconnected from its city it will fall to ruin.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
I really think that I can answer this.
There've got times that for some reasons, I stopped going to church. In the beginning, it'll seem as it I'm still on track, but as time goes on, I'll realize that I've started losing interest in God things. Reading my Bible, Quiet time, Prayer life, evangelism, e. t. c. These things help u go deeper with God.
But anytime I start again, I start gaining my ground. The worship, d testimonies, mingling with believers of higher spiritual stability. Iron sharpeneth iron.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by HHH7king: 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
the answer is emphatically No.mostly todays worldly titled church of the last age or end time church.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by heybee72(m): 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
Hebrews 10:25

not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by heybee72(m): 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
Matthew 18:20

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”u see the Day drawing near.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by heybee72(m): 12:33pm On Feb 05, 2017
Acts 2:1

When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe / The Importance Of Family Prayer / Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.