Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,444 members, 7,826,704 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective (568 Views)

Lagos Police Rescinds Ban Decision, To Provide Security For Feb 6th Protest / Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? / Screenshots Explaining Why I Feel The Tuface Protest Should Be Supported (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by IstandWitNAIJA: 9:05am On Feb 05, 2017
Dear Nigerians, It is obvious,very very obvious we are in soup..and when i say we are in soup,this simply means that ,this present regime happens to be the worst of all in terms of the democracy in Nigeria. are we really practicing democracy or demo-autocratic system of the government? where the government comes in public to give you free hand to something and go behind to threaten you.

with heavy heart and tears i write this to you today.. i weep for our country..real hard.

WHY THE FEB 6TH PROTEST SHOULD GO ON IRRESPECTIVE OF TUFACE BACKING OUT

when i learnt about tuface supporting this protest which was organised by ONEVOICENIGERIA and was being spearheaded by tuface.i was shocked for a while and then amazed with the level of boldness in him to have come out to support this.. within me i knew that the government will one way or the other frustrate this protest,
either by

coming up with counter attack with another celebrity
or using tuface past lifestyle
or using the power they have through the nigerian force
or using the media through their agents to frustrate this.

i knew one way or the other this protest will be frustrated by this government..

At First when the protest was gaining ground on social media facebook and twitter, they used the PA to the president on social media, laureta onochie and co to come against it..by trying to go back on how the ex-Governor of akwa ibom gave expensive cars to 2face during his wedding with annie, Really?? how does that affects the fact that this government is not doing anything to better the life of the average nigerians? They found out that nigerians aint buying that, they moved up to asking tuface that if he is sure and certained that he is not being sponsored behind he should come on at national television to state what buhari have done bad to him, READ HERE ( http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/02/come-and-tell-us-your-beef-with-pres.html)

That wasnt working also ,they said tuface aint qualified to lead a protest,hes uneducated and no fit..he has a lot of babymamas.. READ HERE ( https://www.nairaland.com/3601434/bloody-illiterate-professor-blasts-tuface ) so on and so fault.

They also found out Nigerians everywhere were solidly behind the protest, they now came up with security reasons using The Lagos State Commissioner of Police (CP), Mr. Fatai Owoseni in lagos that the protest wont hold due to security reasons and hoodlums hijacking the protest READ HERE { http://saharareporters.com/2017/02/02/police-ban-tuface-staging-anti-government-protest-lagos )

This same commisioner of police came up to say he will practically arrest tuface if he fails to stop the protest, when educated nigerians now reminded him that the duty of the police and why we are paying them from out tax money was for them to protect us from hoodlums and hijacker in times like this.. so its the duty of the nigerian police to provide security during peaceful elections.. ( http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/wont-allow-2face-anti-government-protest-police/ )

The so called government of democracy went back to restrategize,now coming up to tell us that we can go Ahead to protest READ HERE ( https://www.naij.com/1086372-police-2baba-reach-agreement-protest.html )

after all these their strategies failed,they went ahead to PROBABLY start threatening Tuface behind with every means available.. now note that all these their frustrating strategies came up in just few days to nullify that protest, you can see how swift this government can go in frustrating and silenting any one or group or party trying to speak up against their unifit and in-capabilities..

when i woke up to watch the so called cancellation video made by tuface to stop the protest on a flimzy excuse of security, i looked at his face and mood on that video,then i percieved and realised that this guy must have gone through a lot of frustrations behind the media..

a lot of plots could have been made against him.. To Those calling him cowards and names

1. Do you how many phone calls,mails and text messages he must have recieved ever since then?

2. Do you know the kind of forces against this protest,that is behind ?

3.Tuface is a public figure, he got children,he owns businesses he survived with, he is a millionaire and bet me, threats must have been up for him to cancel this protest.. because we all knew that in d video made earliee before that of cancellation,he pointed out that we should do this peacefully and with no violence,so why cancelling it a day ti go.?

Nigerians,please reason with me here.. why cant we organise a peaceful protest without being threatened?
is this democracy? almost 17 years into a democractic experiment are we supposed to fear the governement?

the last administration permitted protests,less intimidation, but why aint this government doing so?

Now if tuface has passed a message across to us all.. lets look at the message and take that message to the finish line, because this hardship is affecting each and everyone of us..

because he backed down to protect his family as a public figure,lets not do same,but as nigerians we are.lets move and tell this government that enough is enough.

an average citizen coming together cant be intimidated atall..rather let our voice be heard.. americans carried a peaceful protest against their president,there was no cause for alarm, romania is protesting against corruption n their system..yet no one stopped them..

why did you think most of the celebrities didnt come out to support this movement? you should know the answers by now..

we have cowards,buttlickers etc in our system being manipulated by the politicians to sing praises to them at our own peril..

If you dont want to protest because 2face backed-pot please lets protest because of our future generation,lets do it because the price of items in the market have skyrocketted,lets do it because there is nothing tangible to hold unto anymore,lets do it to show this governnment that we are truely tired and hungry.lets do it cos of the love of the country
Lets wise up..
Lets fight for ours

5 Likes

Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by IstandWitNAIJA: 9:06am On Feb 05, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44 seun please let people have more views on this..Thank YOU

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by madridguy(m): 9:07am On Feb 05, 2017
NOTED.
Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by subtlemee(f): 9:15am On Feb 05, 2017
2face has really disappointed me after standing with him, as a Nigerian I now know I can only stand with myself

I dey vex

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by collinsVP: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2017
Honestly Nigeria is so negatively peculiar. why is our government oppressing and suppressing the masses at the same time. This is the apex of cruelty. it is damn appalling.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 05, 2017
2face or not,it still holds #Feb6 #OneVoiceNigeria Lagos: National Stadium. 8am Abuja: Unity Fountain. 9am #IStandWithNigeria

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by IstandWitNAIJA: 9:23am On Feb 05, 2017
You dont need tuface to voice out your mind.. He has helped us to publicize and created awareness to this.. Its now left for us to do the needful.. Tuface is just a drop out of 150million Nigerians suffering.. Lets move and go on
subtlemee:
2face has really disappointed me after standing with him, as a Nigerian I now know I can only stand with myself

I dey vex
Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by Kamanuozuzu: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2017
U can only wonder why Nnamdi Kanu has such mammoth followership.

He knows no fear. And that's what's called A MAN. Tuface is a coward.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by IstandWitNAIJA: 9:44am On Feb 05, 2017
Its disheartening
Kamanuozuzu:
U can only wonder why Nnamdi Kanu has such mammoth followership.

He knows no fear. And that's what's called A MAN. Tuface is a coward.
Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by NaMe4: 9:44am On Feb 05, 2017
I'm not angry with 2face, really.

What further irritates me is the fact that a government can tell its citizens that it CANNOT provide security for them on the streets.

Just to prevent the people from speaking, they again use one of their FAILURES as an excuse!

Considering the fact that these 'mediocres' have nothing to offer, inevitably, a protest will still hold. I suggest a BIGGER and BETTER ORGANISED protest be planned and the inept security agencies be informed about a month or two in advance.

Come to think of it, taking into consideration the Constitution of the Federal Rep of Nigeria, Nigerians just had their fundamental rights violated.

The freedom to peaceful protest has just been suppressed by this administration.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by Gpdwise(m): 9:54am On Feb 05, 2017
Shege to #istandwithbuhari and #istandwith2face instead #istandwithmyself Feb 6 national stadium here I come #tostandwithNigerians
Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by Beranco: 10:20am On Feb 05, 2017
Re: Opinion : Why The Feb. 6TH Protest Should Hold..irrespective by IstandWitNAIJA: 10:21am On Feb 05, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44 how far na??

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Sick Buhari Extends Vacation Indefinitely / Obasanjo Is Right, 2019 Is Our Time —ezeife / What I Discussed With President Buhari — Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.