Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' (1026 Views)

OAU Is Not Joining ASUU Strike / POEM: Why OAU Is Great And Still Remain The Greatest. / OAU Is Over Rated Pompous University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' by teemanbastos(m): 10:33am On Feb 05, 2017
In Reply to mrawepresident's writeup
www.nairaland.com/3609815/oau-10-reasons-why-not

I want to briefly review the points.
1. ACADEMIC CALENDAR - it is true that the school's academic calendar might be unstable but it is due to various circumstances that couldn't be avoided.
But thankfully.. The correct session is going on smoothly and hopefully, things would align soon.

2. STRIKES- OF COURSE WORKERS AND STUDENTS strike because their needs are not attended to inorder to get what they want, but this is not peculiar to OAU only as all over the country people strike but tyrannical leadership tries to suppress their voice- I don't think this is a yardstick for saying oau isn't good.

3. SIZE of the university?! So because the university is big then what? His point on this was baseless, the school has been established decades ago and alumnus didn't complain.. So i'm indeed bemused by this point.

4. Violence - yes in oau, there is a system called scientific maximum shishi( SMS) Where thieves who are caught are beaten and paraded, it might be trur that the method doesn't work again but it is again subjected to review and would be when a new Students CEC is formed.

5. housing isn't cheap agreed... Due to limited bed spaces in the university, most students have to stay off campus where prices of accommodation may range from 50k to 130k or thereabouts.. Again, this is not peculiar to OAU so shouldn't be used as a yardstick for determining best Uni or not.
As to students not been able to afford shows and thereabouts, oau is not covenant.. The school encompasses everyone and not all fingers are equal.
We might not have a 100% social life but we are reasonably social.

6. Oau has its structures but lack of maintenance has left it where it is now e. G the hostels, one of the reasons students protests and school is closed.

7. Poor Employment opportunities?! Beyond me but a lot of people are employers on nairaland.. They can talk on that.

8. Indeed the yardstick of a university is patency and not grades... I agree but researches might be going on but the facilities aren't there- a general problem.
About students been marked down, I am not so sure of that story tho' but let the students involved speak for themselves and maybe the dept you mentioned.

9. The said course units have been over the years.. So I don't think you have a point here sir.

10. You can request for your scripts if you are sure of what you wrote down sir.
Stop all these insinuations sir and stop misinforming people

OAU STILL REMAINS ONE OF THE MOST RESPECTED SCHOOLS IN THE COUNTRY.
GOD BLESS GREAT IFE
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

cc : lalasticlala, fynestboi, seun

1 Like

Re: Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' by jaymejate: 10:46am On Feb 05, 2017
Trash... This should go nowhere
Re: Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' by MrAwePresident: 10:49am On Feb 05, 2017
Haha haha haha haha
Why are you begging for lala's attention

My number 10 point is Corruption
OAU is one of the most corrupt schools in Nigeria
Unless you are ignorant about the struggle of power concerning the vice chancellors office.. Then you will disagree with me.

Several Vice chancellors having been spending the money meant from lectures and none academic staff given to them by the federal government on their own privately.
Re: Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 05, 2017
wat do we stand to gain 4rm all these counter threads? You guys av nt proferred solution to d current problem nigeria found herself u ar there taking glory in ignorance. Is OAU beta dan china technical schools? A technician 4rm china is far beta dan many nigerian university graduates even wit 1st class

1 Like

Re: Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' by mat2d6boi(m): 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2017
what Mr awe president said all through was all 50% true but he went excessively. will he tell me that other universities are perfect in all the faults he listed of OAU? notwithstanding, he sounds like a frustrated person and he is a shame to his alma mater for making such a defaming write up like that.
Re: Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' by mat2d6boi(m): 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
a reasonable person, I expect will have to deduce 2 things from that 'frustrated and hater' , mr awe president's write up:
1_ he stated his points but he exaggerated
2_ he is undoubtedly a frustrated person
passers by, you had better go and do a deep research about what that 'disgrace' said cause he said it all out of sentiments.
chikena
Re: Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' by CharlotteThomas: 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
First of all the expenditure of the money for unnecessary things should be stopped by the university authorities and see that the budget allocated to the university is spend to good use of university. I have read an article from best uk assignment writing blog which the dean of this university has posted by saying money is spending for waste use.
Re: Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' by AnjelinAnderson: 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
As a matter of first importance the consumption of the cash for pointless things ought to be ceased by the college experts and see that the monetary allowance assigned to the college is spend to great utilization of college. I have perused an article from coursework writing service blog which the senior member of this college has posted by saying cash is spending for squander utilize.
Re: Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' by Quarsion1955: 10:16am On Jun 25, 2018
Indeed I concurred every one of the considerations and feelings of this incredible creator Missdior Lee since they all if connected can give better outcomes. Above all else picking an extraordinary metal is essential after that need of incredible cement and bond is likewise important but https://www.aussiewritingreviews.com/ website shares unique stuff. However, just an incredible planner can do this.

(1) (Reply)

Official 2017 Jamb Cutoff Mark Announcement / WAEC RESULT 2017 - See When It Will Be Released / WAEC GCE 2018 Registration Forms, Details Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.