Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,073 members, 7,859,894 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute (4128 Views)

Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? / President Buhari Must Not Die - Bishop Adeoye / Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Talk2nanro(m): 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2017
frosbel2:

Don't be silly , Jesus Christ is not GOD, he was a MAN.

"Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know " - Acts 2:22

dont be stupid, Jesus was an angel that came in form of a man to earth to die for die for our sins.
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2017
Talk2nanro:
dont be stupid, Jesus was an angel that came in form of a man to earth to die for die for our sins.

lol
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 1:58pm On Feb 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I can see that you are progressing in the opposite direction.

Ignorant you!

When did asking question become a crime in the Bible?

The bible is a very rational book that has answers to questions, it entertains all questions relevant to it's msg like the sort Frosbel just asked.

That your simple brain cannot answer the question is no reason to maligned him. Stop the Nonsense!

It is high time you grow up, every year in and out you remain infant in this Forum.

Answer the question he asked or leave the thread, stop attacking him.

Attacking someone for asking question, is it christian in any way?
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
frosbel2:
"Parents must not be put to death for the sins of their children, nor children for the sins of their parents. Those deserving to die must be put to death for their own crimes." - Deuteronomy 24:16

"In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge" - Jeremiah 31:29-30

" So Moses went back to the Lord and said, “Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold. But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.” The Lord replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book. Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.” - Exodus 32:31-34

No man can by any means redeem his brother Or give to God a ransom for him -Psalm 49:7

In the light of the scriptures above , God has consistently all over the bible said that NO MAN can die for the sins of another MAN. so how come many of us believe that Jesus died for our sins, is this not massively CONTRADICTORY ??

The truth is, the above are rational questions that if one does not get the answers because of the billions of man made irrational doctrines in Christiandom, one is free to ask. People are rather getting confuse than getting answers as is obvious in this thread thus far.

I wish that answers are provided rationally from the bible without threat by the sort of Oladegbu of this world.

Not to forget a so called Dr Allan, i some times wander how old he is. he sure looks like a kid to me(no offence intended). SMH.

Pick the questions one by one and provide answers!

1 Like

Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2017
frosbel2:
So my question is simple if God requires blood to forgive our SINs, why was he able to forgive sins without BLOOD in the ancient days up to the arrival of Jesus?

Consider the following bible verses;

"If, however, they cannot afford two doves or two young pigeons, they are to bring as an offering for their sin a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour for a sin offering. They must not put olive oil or incense on it because it is a sin offering " - Leviticus 5:11

We see that God accepted flour as a sin offering in this verse, no blood required - why?

"I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats......Stop bringing meaningless offerings!...even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood!......Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong " - Isaiah 1:11-17

Here God is tired of all the vague, fake and meaningless offerings, he wants REPENTANCE and then he will forgive, case closed. NO BLOOD required.

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool" - Isaiah 1:18

God forgives as long as we stop doing wrong and repent from your evil ways, again NO BLOOD SACRIFICE require, just plain repentance.

"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." - Isaiah 44:22

Here again, God forgives, NO BLOOD required.

Read Jonah 3 where God did not destroy Nineveh because the people repented. I can quote much more bible verses.

So answer my questions

1. Why does God need a man to forgive sins
2. Assuming God became a man, why did he become a man to forgive sins when he had been forgiving the sins of thousands prior to this period.
3. If we need the blood of Jesus to be redeemed and saved, where does that leave the thousands of righteousness ones who died before Jesus appeared
4. Why did it take over 1,500 years for the news about Jesus to reach sub-Saharan African if it was that important?

I need answers

The above four questions sure deserves answers.

Come on @Goshen360
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 11, 2017
frosbel2:
So my question is simple if God requires blood to forgive our SINs, why was he able to forgive sins without BLOOD in the ancient days up to the arrival of Jesus?

"If, however, they cannot afford two doves or two young pigeons, they are to bring as an offering for their sin a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour for a sin offering. They must not put olive oil or incense on it because it is a sin offering " - Leviticus 5:11

We see that God accepted flour as a sin offering in this verse, no blood required - why?

"I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats......Stop bringing meaningless offerings!...even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood!......Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong " - Isaiah 1:11-17

Here God is tired of all the vague, fake and meaningless offerings, he wants REPENTANCE and then he will forgive, case closed. NO BLOOD required.

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool" - Isaiah 1:18

God forgives as long as we stop doing wrong and repent from your evil ways, again NO BLOOD SACRIFICE require, just plain repentance.

"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." - Isaiah 44:22

Read Jonah 3 where God did not destroy Nineveh because the people repented. I can quote much more bible verses.

So answer my questions

2. Assuming God became a man, why did he become a man to forgive sins when he had been forgiving the sins of thousands prior to this period.
3. If we need the blood of Jesus to be redeemed and saved, where does that leave the thousands of righteousness ones who died before Jesus appeared
4. Why did it take over 1,500 years for the news about Jesus to reach sub-Saharan African if it was that important?

I need answers

1. Hebrews 9:22
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
God didnt need a man, It was God the Son (The Word/Jesus)

2. He didnt become a man mainly to forgive sins but to seek and save the lost

3. They were carried to Abraham's bosom

4. You can't tell.
Maybe there were no expenses
They may be selfish
No one knows
There are villages were Christ has not been preached yet. Many Christians nowadays don't wantu sacrifise and go there
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Goshen360(m): 4:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
truthislight:

The above four questions sure deserves answers.

Come on @Goshen360

Hey brother!

Longest time. This one wey you call me like this, you wan give me big assignment be this o....lol.

Anyway, we, as students of the word have to find an explanation to scriptures flying around in the thread. Its a lots of work to be done. I have seen and read scriptures quoted by Frosbel but how do we explain scriptures like:

New Living Translation
I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said.
1 Corinthians 15:3

Hebrews 9:28
so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.

It's so busy for me because I work 2 jobs and I'm try hard to find time to come here and explain things in details. However, I'll see what I will do and go over the thread from beginning.
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2017
Goshen360:

Hey brother!

Longest time. This one wey you call me like this, you wan give me big assignment be this o....lol.

Anyway, we, as students of the word have to find an explanation to scriptures flying around in the thread. Its a lots of work to be done. I have seen and read scriptures quoted by Frosbel but how do we explain scriptures like:

New Living Translation
I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said.

so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.

It's so busy for me because I work 2 jobs and I'm try hard to find time to come here and explain things in details. However, I'll see what I will do and go over the thread from the beginning.

Hi Goshen,

Please show us the scriptures from the old testament that support these new testament passages , please they have to be specific matches.

Thanks.
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2017
The Church appeals to this verse to prove that the blood of the cross is man’s only hope for salvation and the assurance that God will forgive his sins.

In response to this argument, I have explained that contrary to the missionary claim that blood sacrifice is the only method of atonement, the Bible clearly prescribes three methods of atonement: the sin sacrifice, repentance, and charity. Moreover, the sin sacrifice (called in the Jewish Scriptures as korban chatat) did not atone for all types of sin, but rather, only for man’s most insignificant iniquity: unintentional sins. The sin sacrifice was inadequate to atone for a transgression committed intentionally. The brazen sinner was barred from the sanctuary and had to bear his own iniquity because of his rebellion against God. The Torah teaches this fundamental principle:

If a person sins unintentionally, then he shall offer a one-year-old female goat for a sin offering. The priest shall make atonement before the Lord for the person who goes astray when he sins unintentionally, making atonement for him that he may be forgiven …The person who does anything defiantly, whether he is native or alien, that one is blaspheming the Lord; and that person shall be cut off from among his people, because he has despised the word of the Lord and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his guilt shall be on him - (Numbers 15:27-31)

[edited]
“If the sin sacrifice was necessary in order to atone for unintentional sin, didn’t Jesus then have to die for those sins committed unwittingly?”

The answer to your question is simple. Jesus could not die for anyone’s sins, whether they were committed intentionally or accidentally. To begin with, the Jewish people were strictly prohibited from offering human sacrifices under any circumstances. There is not one place throughout the entire corpus of the Jewish Scriptures where human sacrifices are condoned. In fact, over and over again, the Bible warns the Jewish people that it is a grave sin to bring a human being as a sacrifice. In the Book of Leviticus, only distinct species of animals are permitted for use in blood sacrifices.

The ancient pagan religions promoted the same idea about atonement as Christendom continues to preach today (e.g. Molech). They would joyfully offer a child into the fires of their sacrificial offering in order to expiate their sins and appease the gods. Why would a child sacrifice be used in this pagan ritual rather than an adult? The reason is that a child is a moving portrait of one who is innocent of sin. A child, they reasoned, could not have committed iniquity and thus mirrored the animal sacrifice which also had to be unblemished. The Torah, therefore, condemned human sacrifices and forewarned Jewish people of terrible consequences if this commandment were violated.

This message was conveyed at Mt. Moriah, where Abraham prepared to offer up his beloved son Isaac as a sacrifice. At that epic moment in history, as Abraham was ready to sacrifice Isaac, the Almighty admonished him that He did not desire human sacrifice, and directed Abraham to sacrifice the ram caught in the thicket instead. The Almighty’s directive – He only wanted animal sacrifices rather than human sacrifices – was immediately understood. This teaching has never departed from the mind and soul of the children of Israel.

Furthermore, the prophet Ezekiel warned the Jewish nation that a righteous man could not atone for the wins of the wicked. Wouldn’t we consider a father cruel if he punished an obedient child for the misdeeds of another? Only an unjust society would pardon its criminals while imprisoning the innocent. The prophet, therefore, warns that no innocent person can die for the sins of the wicked!

The soul that sins, it shall die! The son shall not bear for the sin of the father, nor the father bear for the sin of the son. The righteousness of the righteous person shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked person shall be upon him. 21As for the wicked man, if he should turn away from all his sins which he did, and safeguard all My decrees, and do justice and righteousness; he shall surely live. He will not die. 22All his transgressions which he committed will not be remembered against him. For the righteousness which he did, he shall live. 23Do I desire at all the death of the wicked man — the words of my Lord, God — is it not rather his return from his ways, that he might live? - (Ezekiel 18:20-23)

Moreover, if missionaries want to use Leviticus 17:11 to bolster their claim that blood sacrifices are indispensable for procuring an atonement, they must use all of the verse, not just a part of it. Leviticus 17:11 specifically says that the blood of the sacrifice must be placed “upon the altar to make atonement for your souls.” That is to say, Leviticus 17:11 explicitly declares that blood can only effect atonement if it is placed on the altar. Jesus’ blood, however, was never placed on the altar. If the Church is going to take the “blood” part of the verse literally, they must also take the “altar” part literally as well. Jesus’ blood was never sprinkled on the altar, and therefore his death could not provide atonement for anyone.

Finally, the prophets loudly declared to the Jewish people that the contrite prayer of the penitent sinner replaces the sacrificial system. Therefore, atonement for unintentional sins today is expiated through devotional supplication to God, the Merciful One.

In fact, in the third chapter of Hosea, the prophet foretold with divine exactness that the nation of Israel would not have a sacrificial system during the last segment of Jewish history until the messianic age. Hosea declares,

…for the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. Afterward, the children of Israel shall return and seek the Lord their God and David their king. They shall fear the Lord and His goodness in the latter days -
(Hosea 3:4-5)

In the words of the Bible, this period of time would last for many days. Yet, despite the repeated proclamations of the Church that the crucifixion of Jesus serves as a sin sacrifice today, the words of Hosea were meticulously fulfilled, and we remain without an animal sacrificial until this day.

Given the spiritual magnitude of this remarkable prophecy, Hosea was compelled to reveal how the ecclesiastical Temple functions were it to be replaced. In essence, if the prophet is testifying that the nation of Israel will indeed be without a sacrificial system during their long exile until the messianic age, what are we to use instead? How are the Jewish people to atone for unintentional sin without a blood sacrifice during their bitter exile? What about all the animal sacrifices prescribed in the Book of Leviticus? Can the Jewish people get along without animal offerings? Missionaries claim they cannot.

The Bible disagrees.

For this reason, the teaching highlighted in Hosea 14:2-3 is crucial. In these two verses, Hosea reveals to his nation how they are to replace the sacrificial system during their protracted exile. The prophet declares that the Almighty wants us to “render for bulls the offering of our lips.” Prayer is to replace the sacrificial system. Hosea states,

Take words with you, and return to the Lord. Say to Him, “Take away all iniquity; receive us graciously, for we will render for bulls the offering of our lips” - (Hosea 14:2-3)

The prophets never instruct the Jews to worship any crucified messiah or demigod; nor does Scripture suggest that an innocent man could die as an atonement for the sins of the wicked. Such a message is utterly antithetical to the teachings of the Jewish Scriptures. Rather, it is the prayers of the sinner that would become as bulls of the sin offerings.

King Solomon echoes this sentiment as well.

In I Kings 8:46-50, King Solomon delivers a startling prophetic message as he inaugurates the newly constructed first Temple. In his inauguration sermon, King Solomon forewarns that one day the Jewish people would be driven out of the land of Israel, and banished to the land of their enemies, near and far. During their exile, many would fervently desire to repent of their sins. King Solomon then declares that they are to face Jerusalem from their diaspora, confess their sins, “and God will hear their prayers in heaven, and forgive them for all their transgressions.”

If they sin against You, for there is no man who does not sin, and You will be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, and their captors will carry them away captive to the land of the enemy, far or near. And they shall bethink themselves in the land where they were carried captive, and repent, and make supplication to You in the land of their captors, saying,‘We have sinned, and have done perversely, we have committed wickedness.’ And they shall return to You with all their heart, and with all their soul, in the land of their enemies, who led them away captive, and pray to You toward their land, which You gave to their fathers, the city You have chosen, and the house which I have built for Your name. And You shall hear their prayer and their supplication in heaven, in Your dwelling place, and maintain their cause. And forgive Your people for what they have sinned against You, and all their transgressions that they have transgressed against You…- (I Kings 8:46-50)

There was no mention of a cross or a dead messiah in King Solomon’s prophetic message. Only the contrite and repentant prayer of the remorseful sinner can bring about a complete atonement. Although King Solomon’s timeless message stands out as a theological impossibility in Christian terms, it remains the warm, centerpiece of the God’s system of atonement throughout his long and bitter exile.

https://outreachjudaism.org/jesus-death-atone-for-sin/

1 Like

Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 11:21am On Feb 12, 2017
Goshen360:

Hey brother!

New Living Translation

It's so busy for me because I work 2 jobs and I'm try hard to find time to come here and explain things in details. However, I'll see what I will do and go over the thread from beginning.

Ok o.

At least, you see fit that answers should be given unlike Oladegbu that only specialize in ridiculing any one that does not agree with him.
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 11:26am On Feb 12, 2017
frosbel2:

Hi Goshen,

Please show us the scriptures from the old testament that support these new testament passages , please they have to be specific matches.

Thanks.

What do you mean by specific marches?

Do you mean word for word?
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Barristter07: 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
Isaiah 53 proves Christ died for our sins , compare 1 Pet 2:24

" He himself bore our sins in his own body on the tree so that we might die to sins and live to righteousness . And ' by his wounds you were healed ' ( a quotation of Isaiah 53:5 fulfilled in Jesus ) "

*Bracket Mine*
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
frosbel2:

So answer my questions

I need answers

Romans 3:25-26

25 God presented him as an offering for propitiation through faith in his blood. This was to demonstrate his own righteousness, because God in his forbearance was forgiving the sins that occurred in the past. 26 This was to demonstrate his own righteousness in this present season, so that he might be righteous even when declaring righteous the man who has faith in Jesus.

Is this helpful?
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 9:19am On Feb 13, 2017
To answer this question, the first question anyone that wants to do so should answer is, whose sin did Jesus pay for?

If you say our sins as in the sin we committed, then you must answer and tell us the sin a new burn baby committed?
Is the new born baby's sin coming into the world?

Hence, when we said that Christ died for our sins, a sin that no son of Adam can pay for his brother, what was the Bible talking about?

Was those animal sacrifice really able to get the forgiveness of this particular sin?

Actually, unlike what frosbel is thinking, those animals and flour/wheat did not enable forgiveness of this sin, if it does, why was a yearly sin offering an ongoing activity?

The Sacrifice that was used to cover the whole nation for a year was a Bull. Why? Even though it was just for a year, but why for every body? This Bull sacrifice for every Body cannot be replaced with wheat, and it was for all Israelites, but temporary.

What most of those sacrifices did was gloss/cover the imperfection temporary to keep the relationship with Israel going till the messiah comes. That this particular sin was not dealt with by those sacrifices is obvious in this activities being continues.

1. So, which sin did Jesus paid for?

2. why was Animal sacrifices incapable to obliterate it?

3. what is the relationship between Adam and Jesus?

4. Are there no scriptures that pointed to Jesus as the one that would obliterate this sin in the OT scriptures?

Peace.

*Editted*
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 10:17am On Feb 13, 2017
There is a direct correlation between this statement and how it relate to us and why the Bible says that our sins are forgiven when Jesus Paid for the sin of..........

Hebrews 7:9,10 KJV
And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him

Hebrews 7:9,10 NIV
One might even say that Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham,
because when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor.

Does the above made sense to you as to why and how the sin of Adam came to affect us and why it has to be the sin of Adam that has to be obliterated for us to be free?

If it is making sense to you, address the issue starting from the other post.

Peace.
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 10:27am On Feb 13, 2017
@Frosbel2

Please, I need your comment on the scriptures Below:

Daniel 9:26-27New King James Version (NKJV)

26 “And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”
.....................................................................................................

Your comment on the Above scriptures.

Peace
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 10:47am On Feb 13, 2017
Daniel 9:25-27New International Version (NIV)

25 “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One,[a] the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’[c] In the middle of the ‘seven’[d] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering[/b]. And at the temple[e] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.[f]”[g]
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Goshen360(m): 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2017
Thank you, truthislight, I see you have time to expound the exact thing I wanted to do. Obviously, when people read the word sin in scriptures, they won't check what it's talking about. It means 2 different things in scriptures but context with tell which one applies and or how it's used interchangeably. But I'm following up with the discussion.

1 Like

Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2017
Goshen360:
Thank you, truthislight, I see you have time to expound the exact thing I wanted to do. Obviously, when people read the word sin in scriptures, they won't check what it's talking about. It means 2 different things in scriptures but context with tell which one applies and or how it's used interchangeably. But I'm following up with the discussion.

Actually, there are still more to be said from the scriptures on this matter. Am waiting to see if the other questions and statements I posted above is well understood as people comment on them.

Again, Frosbel has to comment on his take on what Daniel said:

!. Messiah will make a covenant.
3. Messiah will be cut off.
2. Messiah will cause Sacrifices to seize.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2017
truthislight:
@Frosbel2

Please, I need your comment on the scriptures Below:

Daniel 9:26-27New King James Version (NKJV)

26 “And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”
.....................................................................................................

Your comment on the Above scriptures.

Peace

This says nothing about the messiah dying for the sins of the people ?
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 9:02am On Feb 14, 2017
frosbel2:

This says nothing about the messiah dying for the sins of the people ?

Actually, your one liner is bereaved of the attention that post deserves.

You cannot make statement without giving reasons for them.

If you still need further input, then do the needful.

Attend to the highlighted and explain your understanding on the highlighted and why you think it should or should not be whatever you have in mind.

Am waiting for such.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 6:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
Since it is not only Frosbel2 that is reading this thread, it is important that the below scriptures showing that the OT prophesied concerning Christ dying for human sins be posted here:

Isaiah 53:4,5

4 Truly he himself carried our sicknesses, And he bore our pains. But we considered him as plagued, stricken by God and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgression; He was crushed for our errors. He bore the punishment for our peace And because of his wounds we were healed

7 He was oppressed and he let himself be afflicted, But he would not open his mouth. He was brought like a sheep to the slaughter, Like a ewe that is silent before its shearers,And he would not
open his mouth.
8 Because of restraint and judgment he was taken away; And who will concern himself with the details of his generation? For he was cut off from the land of the living;Because of the transgression of my people he received the stroke.

9 And he was given a burial place with the wicked, And with the rich in his death, Although he had done no wrong And there was no deception in his mouth

11 Because of his anguish, he will see and be satisfied. By means of his knowledge the righteous one, my servant, Will bring a righteous standing to many people, And their errors he will bear. 12 For that reason I will assign him a portion among the many, And he will apportion the spoil with the mighty, Because he poured out his life even to death. And was counted among the transgressors; He carried the sin of many people And he interceded for the transgressors
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
truthislight:
Since it is not only Frosbel2 that is reading this thread, it is important that the below scriptures be posted here:

4 Truly he himself carried our sicknesses, And he bore our pains. But we considered him as plagued, stricken by God and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgression; He was crushed for our errors. He bore the punishment for our peace And because of his wounds we were healed

7 He was oppressed and he let himself be afflicted, But he would not open his mouth. He was brought like a sheep to the slaughter, Like a ewe that is silent before its shearers,And he would not
open his mouth.
8 Because of restraint and judgment he was taken away; And who will concern himself with the details of his generation? For he was cut off from the land of the living;Because of the transgression of my people he received the stroke.

9 And he was given a burial place with the wicked, And with the rich in his death, Although he had done no wrong And there was no deception in his mouth

11 Because of his anguish, he will see and be satisfied. By means of his knowledge the righteous one, my servant, Will bring a righteous standing to many people, And their errors he will bear. 12 For that reason I will assign him a portion among the many, And he will apportion the spoil with the mighty, Because he poured out his life even to death. And was counted among the transgressors; He carried the sin of many people And he interceded for the transgressors

@frosbel2

Have you not seen this post as it concerns what the OT said about Jesus coming to die for humans?

Why have you kept silent thus far?

Please, let us know if the Bible have answered your question.

Peace.
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by favdomintent: 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
frosbel2:
"Parents must not be put to death for the sins of their children, nor children for the sins of their parents. Those deserving to die must be put to death for their own crimes." - Deuteronomy 24:16

"In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge" - Jeremiah 31:29-30

" So Moses went back to the Lord and said, “Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold. But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.” The Lord replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book. Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.” - Exodus 32:31-34

No man can by any means redeem his brother Or give to God a ransom for him -Psalm 49:7

In the light of the scriptures above , God has consistently all over the bible said that NO MAN can die for the sins of another MAN. so how come many of us believe that Jesus died for our sins, is this not massively CONTRADICTORY ??

it is difficult to understand the fact that Jesus Christ died for us if we do not know who Jesus is....it can't be argued but be taught anyone who is ready to learn with open heart.

the scriptures quoted here are all old testaments...they are relevant but God is a loving father that seeks way out for his Creatures from punishment of sin.

Quoting "No man can die for the sin of another man"

JESUS CHRIST is the son of God Matthew 3:16-17
(NIV)
As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out
of the water. At that moment heaven was opened,
and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove
and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven
said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am
well pleased.”

Though Jesus was also the son of man I.e human because he was conceived by human but not through sexual intercourse.

Luke 1:26-38 New International Version (NIV)

In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God
sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,
to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named
Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name
was Mary. The angel went to her and said,
“Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is
with you.”
Mary was greatly troubled at his words and
wondered what kind of greeting this might be.
But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid,
Mary; you have found favor with God. You will
conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call
him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the
Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the
throne of his father David, and he will reign over
Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never
end.”
“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I
am a virgin?”
The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come
on you, and the power of the Most High will
overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be
called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your
relative is going to have a child in her old age, and
she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her
sixth month. For no word from God will ever fail.”
“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May
your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left
her.

Why did Jesus has to come as Human?

to be continued tomorrow
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 12:06am On Sep 04, 2017
This thread should and will not be rounded up nor be closed by my friend Frosbel2 by his default method of closing thread without acknowledgement of the issues he had raised.

It is clearly obvious that the OT assigned the role Jesus played before he came to die for humans. Such evidence has been given to Frosbel2 on this thread but he that asked the question has not bothered to reappear again to address them.

I belief it is normal that he personally give such acknowledgement so that it will be noted that he has seen this answers contained in the Bible.

It is also known that Muslims also asked and come up with similar arguments.

Pease my Friend frosbel2, what say you on this matter and thread you started?

Is the issue resolved?

truthislight:

open his mouth.

Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by truthislight: 12:23am On Sep 04, 2017
frosbel2:

Hi Goshen,

Thanks.

Don't forget that the above was your requirements.

Peace.
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 04, 2017
frosbel2:

All you have done is throw bible verses at me and make ambiguous statements that have no factual foundation.

Try again !

Na his formation and strategy. I simply ignore
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Julivas(m): 12:38am On Sep 04, 2017
Op, man can nit lay his life for others to be saved because all have sinned.
It must take someone who did not sin to die for the salvation of mankind, thus the reason why our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ came into the world to save us.
He knew no sin.
Hope you get it.

1 Like

Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Feb 23, 2023
Saying Jesus Christ died for the sins of man is not akin to saying Jesus Christ's death automagically wiped away the sins of men. No, Jesus Christ died in order that He may redeem men from the curse. John 3 vs 16 clearly highlights this as salvation is offered from the curse of sin which is Death.

The curse in question was God's judgment against sinners who were in default of His Law. And the curse was meant to keep the people in bondage — slaves to sin — until they were eventually destroyed by it - Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 58 — redemption was not an option under the Old Law. However, God then sent Jesus Christ to redeem men from the curse, providing them salvation from the curse, and a chance to pay back their sin debt to God via continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Kobojunkie: 1:05am On Feb 24, 2023
DoctorAlien:
■Very foolish and unlearned question. No man can give his life to save another man from the demands of the Law of GOD because every man has sinned/transgressed that same law.
■ The Law is as sacred as its Giver (GOD Himself), and only the life of the Lawgiver (GOD) can deliver from the demands of the Law(seeing that the Law demands the death of its transgressor). Jesus Christ is fully GOD. But in His Heavenly state as the Almighty Creator and Lawgiver, nothing can take His life. He therefore took on flesh, while retaining His Divinity, so as to be able to give up His life for our sins.
■ That's how much He loves us. GOD died just to make sure we live.
1. This here is the foolishness of religion, this belief that all men are sinners and none righteous in the sight of God. The very prophets who brought to you God's message where all righteous holy men of God. They couldn't have been able to do any of what God had used them for if they had been filthy with sin much the same as you who believe no man is without sin. And as the verses OP posted made clear, God does not give any man a pass from sin. You are expected to pay for your sin debt or be destroyed by it. That is the God's Law! undecided

2. Oy! ramblings! undecided

3. God said that His love only belongs to those who obey His teachings and commandments — not to those who do not obey. So, if God's love is limited to a select few, how can you, one who believes it is your nature to disobey God, pretend you know God's love? Is God some sort of liar to you? undecided
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Feb 24, 2023
Splinz:
■ Calm down bro. There's absolutely nothing contradictory here. Here's what you lack: knowledge of Jesus personage. Have you not also read from the same Bible that this Jesus was sinless
1. Well, the doctrines of your churches which teach you all that Jesus Christ purged your sin debts the moment He saved you from the curse of sin - John 3 vs 16 - directly contradicts what is written in those verses. What the doctrines of your churches also contradict are the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ which instead teach that it is only by living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments that one comes to know the Truth of God and is then set free from slavery to sin by the Truth of God, Jesus Christ- John 8 vs 31 - 38. undecided
Re: Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute by Nobody: 3:08am On Feb 24, 2023
DoctorAlien:
Very foolish and unlearned question.

No man can give his life to save another man from the demands of the Law of GOD because every man has sinned/transgressed that same law.

The Law is as sacred as its Giver (GOD Himself), and only the life of the Lawgiver (GOD) can deliver from the demands of the Law(seeing that the Law demands the death of its transgressor). Jesus Christ is fully GOD. But in His Heavenly state as the Almighty Creator and Lawgiver, nothing can take His life. He therefore took on flesh, while retaining His Divinity, so as to be able to give up His life for our sins.

That's how much He loves us. GOD died just to make sure we live.

You are not making sense at all. You need to free your
mind from all the B.S you've been fed with.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interview With The Founder Of Celica Church Of Christ / Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character / How Do We Stop Islam ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.