Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character (4063 Views)

“Don’t Go About Eating All Over The Place This Season”- Dr Olukoya Warns / In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Daviddson(m): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2017
No long story... Good morning everyone. Pls I have an observation about Christians in the Religion section I want to make known. I will really appreciate contributions, as I hope to learn too.
I have noticed that Christians are falling for the trap of the atheists in this section, in that we tend to stoop low to their level by returning insults, using bad languages and words, that ordinarily we would not have used (knowing its sin). We use statements such as "kîss my ass", "fxck you" (and many others I can't recall now) etc, are we not sinning in the quest to bring the atheists and non-Christians into the light? Will anyone even take us seriously then? I guess no.
I know how the atheists have been very mean, but we must continue to show that we're different from them. If not, there'll hardly be a difference between us and they.

Pls I will appreciate your comments:
KingEbukasBlog Analice107 FelixOmor ParisbookAddict Ishilove

1 Like

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Daviddson(m): 10:11am On Jul 05, 2017
Cc: An2Elect2 Plappville Spacetacular Annunaki2 Bennyann True2God Mrpresident1 Muafrica2
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by An2elect2(f): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2017
You have a point. If we argue, post, respond like them how are we different!

To save an atheist soul= Use scriptures
To win the argument and lose him= Use his tool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Daviddson(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2017
An2elect2:
You have a point. If we argue, post, respond like them how are we different!

To save an atheist soul= Use scriptures
To win the argument and lose him= Use his tool
Great comment!
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by JackBizzle: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2017
cheesy

Learners. Una never jam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Daviddson(m): 11:34am On Jul 05, 2017
JackBizzle:
cheesy
Learners. Una never jam
Pls what do you mean?
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by JackBizzle: 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
Daviddson:
Pls what do you mean?

An atheist hasn't dealt with you yet and so your tactics are laughable

5 Likes

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by frank317: 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2017
Lol, Christianity is nothing but a hypocritic religion where people only pretend to be what they are not or pretend to be what's impossible for them to be.

If i am an arrogant person and realise that this trait has not been helpful in terms of my relationship with others, I may decide to suppress it and make conscious effort to be less arrogant to people around me. and rather than going around telling people I have changed, I will just observe myself and correct myself whenever I am wrong.
but Christians will claim they have changed overnight just because they believe in some Jewish dead man. Then they expect their lifestyle to change like magic, after all, they God has wiped away their sins and they are new creatures, they wait for their sky daddy to change them making them different while they put little effort to change.
but they still fall short and find themselves doing those things they denied, but then, they have the devil to blame, so it's not their fault. They can sin as long as they want, Devil and God can take the blame. This makes them worse than they were even before confessing their sins.

7 Likes

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Daviddson(m): 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2017
JackBizzle:

An atheist hasn't dealt with you yet and so your tactics are laughable
That's not an excuse. You can't use wrong to correct wrong.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by mrmrmister: 3:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
Daviddson:
No long story... Good morning everyone. Pls I have an observation about Christians in the Religion section I want to make known. I will really appreciate contributions, as I hope to learn too.
I have noticed that Christians are falling for the trap of the atheists in this section, in that we tend to stoop low to their level by returning insults, using bad languages and words, that ordinarily we would not have used (knowing its sin). We use statements such as "kîss my ass", "fxck you" (and many others I can't recall now) etc, are we not sinning in the quest to bring the atheists and non-Christians into the light? Will anyone even take us seriously then? I guess no.
I know how the atheists have been very mean, but we must continue to show that we're different from them. If not, there'll hardly be a difference between us and they.

Stoop low to their level?

How stupidly arrogant!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Daviddson(m): 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
frank317:
Lol, Christianity is nothing but a hypocritic religion where people only pretend to be what they are not or pretend to be what's impossible for them to be.
If i am an arrogant person and realise that this trait has not been helpful in terms of my relationship with others, I may decide to suppress it and make conscious effort to be less arrogant to people around me. and rather than going around telling people I have changed, I will just observe myself and correct myself whenever I am wrong....
There's a limit to which you can help yourself in moulding good character. Character and morality go together. Since atheists believe morality is not absolute, they can't cultivate one consistently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
Oh, really? You want to stop stooping so low to "our level"? How preposterously presemptous of you. So Christians are meant to be on a much "higher level" than others? Now, that's impudently arrogant.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by OtemAtum: 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
As if fictitious Jesus himself did not dedicate a full chapter of the bible to calling some thinkers fool I pity the sheeple who think that they need any superhuman before they can inprove upon their mistakes and become a better person in life. undecided Read these things said by fictitious Jesus. Which words could be more insulting than these?

bible: Matthew 23:1

1. Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe,[a] that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. 4 For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. 6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ 8 But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ,[b] and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

[b]13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.[c]

15 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

16 “Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.’ 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies[d] the gold? 18 And, ‘Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.’ 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. 21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells[e] in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it.

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.[f] 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

29 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.’

31 “Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers’ guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?[/b]

Fictitious Jesus used foul words like serpents, brood of vipers, hypocrites, woe, whitewashed tombs, fools, blind, etc. So why do you OP say that the christians should not follow the footsteps of their master fictitious Jesus who had a first class degree in Cursology in the University of Hatred

2 Likes

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Daviddson(m): 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2017
Tuhbee:
Oh, really? You want to stop stooping so low to "our level"? How preposterously presemptous of you. So Christians are meant to be on a much "higher level" than others? Now, that's impudently arrogant.
I said "stoop to your level" because you people see nothing wrong in dishing out insults, abuses, exaggeration & outright lies to push your claims. And all these vices Christians abhor.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by hopefulLandlord: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
Daviddson:
I said "stoop to your level" because you people see nothing wrong in dishing out insults, abuses, exaggeration & outright lies to push your claims. And all these vices Christians abhor.

below were your exact words

Daviddson:
we tend to stoop low to their level

Bros, when your goof is called out and its clear for every one to see, the only sensible thing to do is to admit you goofed not what you just did

So atheists are "low" and you guys are somehow "high"?

you could've phrased that sentence better or do away with it totally

2 Likes

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
Daviddson:
The fact that your religion is a lie to me is enough reason for this accussation of telling outright lies to come across as annoying. The Christians do everything you listed up there. Even JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF did them. You can check out his vitriolic outpourings against the Pharisees, for insults. Barely any atheist sounds that bitter. He was a judgemental retard_, and one who told ridiculous lies - that he's the Son of God, he'll return during the era of those who witnessed his sermons et cetera. Your Jesus Character is riddled with contradictions. He's just as protean, hypocritical and paradoxical as Yahweh. Sorry, there are different sides to the personality of Jesus, and Christians are at liberty to cherry pick whichever ones suit their purposes. grin

1 Like

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by frank317: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
Daviddson:
There's a limit to which you can help yourself in moulding good character. Character and morality go together. Since atheists believe morality is not absolute, they can't cultivate one consistently.

still, we are waiting to see theists who have cultivated one consistently. That's why I say they are hypocrites, claiming to be what they are not.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by frank317: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
as regards their character, I think these Christians are doing what their God wants from them. He asked them to call unbelievers fools
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
Daviddson:
If morality were absolute, then you Christians ought to behave like the Jewish lunatics of the Old Testament, since morality is supposed to be FIXED and unchanging. Only an ignorant person blinded by ancient bullsh!t doesn't know that humanity is an EVOLVING species! Morality is relative and never cast in stone. It evolves and is always subject to change. That's why a man's wife is his property and banging another wife is considered THEFT in the England of a few centuries ago. That is why morality was different all over the world in ancient times, and that is why numerous societies in the 21st century still disagree on what is moral and what is not. There is no absolute morality. That's a FACT.

1 Like

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
Daviddson:

undecided you can say this again. Help me tell my fellow brothers and sisters in christ.

They know the word, but still forget the kind of person they were. As it says here...

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

“For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

“For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

“But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.” (James 1:22–25.)

I don't want to throw a sound off at anybody.

They know the word. It also says "let your speech minister grace / or let your speech be salted with grace unto the hearer for edification"

It also says "avoid vain babblings"

Instead of them to use edifying words, they drop words like bomb to chase people away from christ, yet they call themselves christians?

**please let's imitate christ. And let's people see his light in us** we are the light of the world, my fellow bro and sis in christ. God help us all. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by Daviddson(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
Tuhbee:
If morality were absolute, then you Christians ought to behave like the Jewish lunatics of the Old Testament, since morality is supposed to be FIXED and unchanging. Only an ignorant person blinded by ancient bullsh!t doesn't know that humanity is an EVOLVING species! Morality is relative and never cast in stone. It evolves and is always subject to change. That's why a man's wife is his property and banging another wife is considered THEFT in the England of a few centuries ago. That is why morality was different all over the world in ancient times, and that is why numerous societies in the 21st century still disagree on what is moral and what is not. There is no absolute morality. That's a FACT.
Thank you; but that'll be a topic for another day. This thread is not for that.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
Daviddson:
Pls what do you mean?

It means he doesn't have problems with the insults as an atheist. Don't you think the enemy has sent him?

JackBizzle Well-done. If you're looking for someone that will jamb you by insulting you, please go to the romance section, I beg angry

1 Like

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
mrmrmister:

Stoop low to their level?

How stupidly arrogant!

grin grin grin grin

Ok, sorry. "Stoop high to their level"

Are you OK now?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by dalaman: 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
Complete thrash. Christians throughout history have NEVER held a better or higher moral standing that any other group of people. Never!
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

below were your exact words

Bros, when your goof is called out and its clear for every one to see, the only sensible thing to do is to admit you goofed not what you just did

So atheists are "low" and you guys are somehow "high"?

you could've phrased that sentence better or do away with it totally

You too grin

Chaiiiii, you guys like high positions ehn...

Is the verb 'intelligent' you guys use to qualify yourselves no longer enough? grin

Even if you're in a high level, then I don't want to Stoop high to your level lipsrsealed

I think I should do the opposite of what you do grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
dalaman:
Complete thrash. Christians throughout history have NEVER held a better or higher moral standing that any other group of people. Never!

You mean the op is trash? And where did you get the 'never' from?
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 4:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
OtemAtum:
As if fictitious Jesus himself did not dedicate a full chapter of the bible to calling some thinkers fool I pity the sheeple who think that they need any superhuman before they can inprove upon their mistakes and become a better person in life. undecided Read these things said by fictitious Jesus. Which words could be more insulting than these?

Fictitious Jesus used foul words like serpents, brood of vipers, hypocrites, woe, whitewashed tombs, fools, blind, etc. So why do you OP say that the christians should not follow the footsteps of their master fictitious Jesus who had a first class degree in Cursology in the University of Hatred

You've taken your case to Jesus. I can see

Are you like the pharisees and saducees that Jesus was exposing? You mean you have issues with him exposing those who claim they live for God?

They are his responsibility because they were to represent what He represented. Did you see him insulting sinners? He didn't even insult them to me because he called them what they really are, he called them by what they do in secret.

How can you deceive the people you represent God and you expect the son of God to be mute on that.

You are a case o

1 Like

Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by mrmrmister: 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
bennyann:

grin grin grin grin

Ok, sorry. "Stoop high to their level"

Are you OK now?

grin grin grin grin grin

Benny! cheesy

My Sister-in-the Lord
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by dalaman: 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
bennyann:

You mean the op is trash? And where did you get the 'never' from?

Its complete thrash because there is no evidence whatsoever that shows that christians are better human beings when it comes to.morality than non-Christians.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
frank317:
as regards their character, I think these Christians are doing what their God wants from them. He asked them to call unbelievers fools

Come here o

Come and show me where God tells His people to call others fool.

I'm waiting cry
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
dalaman:

Its complete thrash because there is no evidence whatsoever that shows that christians are better human beings when it comes to.morality than non-Christians.

Did the op say they are better humans? I thought he was only admonishing fellow Christians to remember to follow biblical instructions by not being insultive. How can that be thrash?

Besides, whether a Christian is better than others or not, Christians are supposed to follow the Commandments of God. That's what Christianity is all about.

Only the creator knows if one is better than the other especially when it comes to hypocrites cos I might not be able to read them.
Re: Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character by bennyann: 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2017
mrmrmister:

Benny! cheesy

My Sister-in-the Lord

I won't Stoop high to your level brother. I refuse to grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EXPOSED: RCCG Pastor Caught Naked In Attempt To Sleep With Married Woman(video) / Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? / What Does MMM Really Stands For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.