Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? (31896 Views)

When Inlaws Don't Want To Leave. / Settling Down Next Year, But I Don’t Plan On Living Under The Same Roof. / Is This The Right Time To Call The Inlaws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by aameyah(f): 10:44am On Feb 07, 2017
seguno2:

In this Buhari APC recession, it may not really be a bad thing oh.
Everyone has to manage until the old man returns from his treatment in London.
Maybe oyinbo people will also reset his brain.

Abi oh.
In this recession, where is the money?

Association of family house husbands. Una weldone o.
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by aameyah(f): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2017
derato:
then let her stop complaining n bear it.marriage isn't a bed of roses,dats part of it..

See your mouth like marriage is not a bed of roses.
Another family house husband at work! cheesy tongue
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by aameyah(f): 10:48am On Feb 07, 2017
shyling:

You're very wicked..So you want her to become a basket case smiling at every body? A footmat for general purpose? You guys don't have mercy.... Well I don't blame the guy it's the lady I am angry with for subscribing to such an ungodly arrangement in the name of marriage

Yes o. A woman must suffer and smile.
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 07, 2017
dokyOloye:
Madam,we live in Abuja,she just went to d east to deliver and will be back this weekend, cos her mum who should've taken care of her after delivery lives outside Nigeria and my own mum took that up,though she couldn't come here due to her busy work schedule .
Thanks for Ur 'advice '.
Now i understand better sir!.
Have a nice day!.
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by cecegorz(m): 11:10am On Feb 07, 2017
Lizzyangel:

is anybody in the house feeling or have felt the same way am feeling? right now i am going crazy. i have been living with them(father,mother,and siblings inlaw) for past 4yrs and things get worse……many things i cant type happens on daily basis. which i cannot type all…it is killing my self esteem…someone should advice me on what to do.as my hubby was not allowed to leave without building his own house been the.only son and family custom

please i need advice on what to do from experienced and matured minds.

Sorry dear.
Any man that cannot rent his own apartment, even if it's a one room, is NOT READY to marry.
I don't care if the family house is a mansion, unless your husband has a different wing in the building that ensures some privacy.

2 Likes

Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by Harinholar(f): 11:20am On Feb 07, 2017
shyling:

You're very wicked..So you want her to become a basket case smiling at every body? A footmat for general purpose? You guys don't have mercy.... Well I don't blame the guy it's the lady I am angry with for subscribing to such an ungodly arrangement in the name of marriage
You are foolish.... Yeah u are!!!!....Give her your advice (the merciful) #Ode# and stop quoting me with silly words..... Am entitle to my opinion...
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by samhay: 11:29am On Feb 07, 2017
Its a NO NO for me

1 Like

Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by glossy6(f): 11:41am On Feb 07, 2017
Lizzyangel:

is anybody in the house feeling or have felt the same way am feeling? right now i am going crazy. i have been living with them(father,mother,and siblings inlaw) for past 4yrs and things get worse……many things i cant type happens on daily basis. which i cannot type all…it is killing my self esteem…someone should advice me on what to do.as my hubby was not allowed to leave without building his own house been the.only son and family custom

Take a chill pill, pretend they are not just there, with time, things will sort out themselves
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by Hannysmilez(f): 11:42am On Feb 07, 2017
You're the real VIP-4yrs isn't a joke.
You need patience.There's nothing you can do about it,it's only for a while.Treat them well even when they're annoying and never badmouth them to ur husband.
It's really annoying but you gotta stand by his side
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by Hannysmilez(f): 11:58am On Feb 07, 2017
[quot author=Lizzyangel post=53451537]
You've got to change your mindset,tell urself its only for a while. Treat them like royalty even when they treat you like a slve,apologise evn wen theyre wrong. Determine never to let them get to you.
All the best
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by NemzySeries(m): 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2017
shyling:
Sezwani?
?
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

What did you expect when you decided to live in your husband's family house?

The only time you will be free is when they have got someone else to pick on.

My dear you got it all wrong.it depend on the kind of family you found yourself in.mine was not like that.
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by snowblaq(f): 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
Cutesexy1:
This requires great application of wisdom to handle
...you are funny grin grin grin....but honestly.. Wisdom is really needed
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by delishpot: 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2017
onome2013:
Sickness that can't be cured must be endured.,but if you haven't gotten a child for him yet , pack out to your parents house so that he will wake up to do his duties as the husband

Naija woman would never dare do that o. Her man may be the type that his mother would bring new wife for him and he would say his hands we're tied he couldn't do anything but sleep with her and give her bele. Then he would blame OP for giving his mommy chance to go bring the new woman in the first place. That is why she is respecting herself and enduring. That man no be the type wey go tell his mom and dad no. Imagine custom that says a man can't leave his parents unless he is moving into his own home. So if his career takes him to another city now, he will carry his parents house on his head with him to the new location?

2 Likes

Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

FIRSTLY, remove your picture from your profile. This is Nairaland - millions of Nigerians here. Someone who knows you may see this post and report to your husband or worse still, his family.

As regards your issue, have you sat your husband down and in the most gentle way told him about your challenge? Explain to him that you feel picked on or bullied. He should be able to take his stand and talk to his family about it. If they are good, they will stop. If not, start pushing for a relocation.

LASTLY, I never judge a case until I hear both sides. You also need to check yourself and see what you are doing (or not doing) that is making your in-laws antagonistic. Ask them if possible, what you need to change to get on their happy side. Start doing it.
Also take charge of the house. As the first and only Daughter-in-law, take charge. Become a sister to your elder -siblings-in-law and a mother to the juniors.
Take charge of the kitchen. Ask of their welfare. Show genuine care.
Their contempt would soon be turned to respect.

Bless.

i just did…… thanks for the eye opening comment.

1 Like

Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by shyling(f): 12:54pm On Feb 07, 2017
Harinholar:
You are foolish.... Yeah u are!!!!....Give her your advice (the merciful) #Ode# and stop quoting me with silly words..... Am entitle to my opinion...
Then take responsibility for comments on your opinion
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by chris31(m): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2017
Lizzyangel:

You have made the big mistake already just learn to deal with it.
If u truly deserve peace with them u have to adjust ur life to please them all.
To all single ladies pls dont marry becoz u love him most rather marry becoz he loves u most so dat he will be d one dat will bear d burden of d marriage.

This is situation u find urself when love overshadowed u when choosing a spouse.

4 Likes

Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by jimb(m): 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2017
I found my self in ur shoe and now am enjoying every bit of it cos I killed both parents... :DI
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by viktor01(m): 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2017
Seriously, it is not advice able for a man to marry a woman and put her in his father's house...

Jeez....! I trust my mum, she will kill her for me especially if it happens to be an inter ethnic marriage.

Woman, It is better to move back to your parents house too so that he can come for you when he is ready than allow yourself to be killed before your time.

1 Like

Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
samhay:
Its a NO NO for me

bro i need to talk u asap......been following your posts a lot on uae thread but u ve been quiet there lately,cant post this on thread so i find u come here.....dunno if u can reach me on my mail.....omololu51@gmail.com please try abeg
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by SalomonKane: 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hannysmilez:
You're the real VIP-4yrs isn't a joke.
You need patience.There's nothing you can do about it,it's only for a while.Treat them well even when they're annoying and never badmouth them to ur husband.
It's really annoying but you gotta stand by his side
Hi. smiley
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by Hannysmilez(f): 7:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
SalomonKane:
Hi. smiley

Hello buddy
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by ShaqFu: 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2017
Hannysmilez:

Hello buddy
Hey Hahn. What happened to thee? cheesy
Re: Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? by Emioga: 2:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
Lizzyangel their is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Speaking from experience, it will get harder and you have to get stronger. For me it's my hubby's house but my mil stays with us(even though she built her own house) worst is anytime I am pregnant I have to move out so she won't see me in pregnancy (crazy right). You will feel alone, unloved but be strong. I have brother in law too. Quick question, do you and your hubby fight alot cos this tends to happen. Be strong and don't report any issues to your husband. You will become the bad person. Hugs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / Baby Found In A Bush In Tanke, Ilorin (Photos) / Army Colonel And Wife Welcome Twins After 12 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.