Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,348 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

"The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati (31509 Views)

Buhari’s Impeachment: Mission Impossible, By Reuben Abati / Biafra: Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Reuben Abati / President Buhari And His Marabouts By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by logica(m): 11:40am On Feb 06, 2017
Segadem:

don't start what u can't finish
Wrong context. In this context, anybody can be the catalyst and then the reaction progresses rapidly. Others should stand up rather than sit their asses on their tattered chairs and call others "coward".
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by lacoach: 11:44am On Feb 06, 2017
akpamuomenka:
Abati, all I can say is that you are a good writer.

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala

No be here o. I admire his writing skills.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2017
He's always had two faces from inception so no need for a special report on him.
Cool headed guy he is though.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by williaam(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2017
if the youths of dis country are serious and tired of this hardship we could definitely hijack the protest, turning it to our own "arab spring" . But e no go happen 4 here, according to Adolf Hitler, "how fortunate it is for government, that the people they lead don't think"
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by fergie001: 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2017
masseratti:
thank.you.oo,tor know that someone that once worked in.the corridor of power is talking like this/wrote this its.a real shame.
No mind am
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by dmcdad: 12:34pm On Feb 06, 2017
Sammypope4all:

I Dey tell you. I took my time to peruse through it and it was worth it. Walahi 2face fall my hand, if it had been during secondary school days, him go gass change school because he will be chastised for life.
Walai... And trust government schools.cheesy
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by viktor01(m): 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
Why his guy go start wetin him no go fit finish>>>PSQUARE SHOULD SING FOR HIM..
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by janejive(f): 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2017
Abati, one of my favourite writers

1 Like

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by nom44311: 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
fergie001:
2face f up,but Reuben Abati,u are one of those people never 2 be remembered for anything positive,u experienced your 2face-ism,when u fought for d masses in The Guardian,but went up there and messed up.U are a vivid example of what a 2face should be.Sometimes u make an irreparable damage to your person and credibility,one u wished would wash off with time,but it wouldn't.The same with Olu Adeniyi,and Femi Adeshina looks like one to beat ur record,so my dear Reuben,Shut Up!

God bless you!.

1 Like

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by kolado(m): 1:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
chizzy4love:

I beg to disagree with you.in my opinion,I feel if it's about risking his life for Nigerians,2 face should have because we made him who he is today.from the little 100naira cds we buy and the tickets we buy for his shows,the love we Nigerians show him on the streets and the fact almost all Nigerians and fellow musicians look upto him because he is humble hence the name 2 baba is enough for him to die for nigeria if need be.check one of his throw back photos and see what I am talking about.He is 41 so he is no longer a spring chicken.he has been a star for almost 2 decades now if I remember correctly and this was the only way he would have told Nigerian thank you.we don't need his money,all we needed was his voice.and guess what,if he had gone ahead with the protest,nothing would have gone wrong because they would have been in one place (stadium) so it wouldn't have been easily hijacked as portrayed.it can be hijacked if there were moving from street to street.
He remains the biggest Coward in Nigerian Music History.
He wouldn't have announced a date atall if he was not ready.
I must dare say you've convinced me beyond any reasonable doubt that he is a coward and as daft as a toothbrush. Nonetheless you and i know what this useless government is capable of doing and not every person has got the balls to wear the armour of a knight to face them. But i must still concede to your points. He started what he could not finish.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by Horus(m): 1:27pm On Feb 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFP_3eVJRcw

Uti Nwachukwu gives Support to TuFace Idibia for his failed Protest
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by Tobycharles: 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2017
Reuben Abati never disappoints, on point
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by Tamakay(m): 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2017
No comment but enjoyed the write-up
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by greaterlove001: 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2017
A really nice piece.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by guywitzerogal(m): 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2017
Bahddo:
if the government starts persecuting him tomorrow, can you bail him out?
I don't need to ask if u 're an Afonja or not by Dere words u shall knw them

1 Like

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by madridsta007(m): 1:56pm On Feb 06, 2017
Tifemide2017:

This is a lie.

Tuface is really TwoFaced.

Where was he during the Save Nigeria Group and Ojota protests? I guess he was busy hobnobbing with David Mark and Akapbio.

Those were the protests that made meaning in Nigeria.

The only meaning that those protests made were to birth forth the recession, hunger, famine, Buhari and government that you want to protest about. In hindsight it looks like a very foolish protest. No wonder Bakare is numb.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by melow: 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2017
shallow minded nigerians, easily bought. my bro u re rite he's just playing out d script.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2017
Some of the youths who has criticised 2face, are now afraid that that their futures are nothing to write home about.

We wants to be like other developing countries, yet, we are afraid of making Nigeria also a developed country.
SHAME ON NIGERIA YOUTHS

1 Share

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by murtalaa(m): 3:15pm On Feb 06, 2017
Only in Nigeria would a thief like Abati call out someone who refuses to protest against a government that is struggling to right the wrongs of the past administration which Abati was part of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by amicable09(f): 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2017
Lol. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like this man!
His pen does wonders! I like how in one single article, he made two bold statements grin
*Statement 1 Summary: Hype Tuface cheesy *Statement 2 Summary: Yab Tuface tongue

Way to go Reuben! Hearty Cheers!

1 Like

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by calberian: 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2017
hucienda:
Tuface don hear am.

Started what he could not finish ...

But this man, Dr Abati, sure is one beautiful writer.

Suddenly, Reuben Abati has a pen again.

As an undergraduate at the University of Ibadan 16 years ago, a Use of English lecturer once told the class that we should read through editorial columns for concise and balanced critiques on social issues. He pointed out Reuben Abati's column as one that readily came to mind. At the time, the name wasn't very familiar to me. It pretty much wasn't. Over time, I came to understand why the lecturer's recommendation easily came about. Reuben Abati dissected, analysed, critiqued and advised Obasanjo's government (and previous ones also) so masterfully well that the GEJ administration employed him to serve in a suitable capacity (whether to advise the government from within or to shut him up though, no one could say at the time).

And then Reuben Abati's pen ran out of ink. Professionally, he became a shadow of himself. Personally, it was disappointing. His performance could easily have been compared on the same pedestal with the shameless shenanigans of today's Lai Mohammed and Femi Adesina.

I thank the good God that Reuben Abati has finally refilled his pen. I only wish I knew exactly what happened to his voice during his time as a presidency staff.

2 Likes

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by okpanachi09: 3:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
At the end of the day Reuben abati and 2baba are just some cc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by Lordtee11: 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
You too a turncoat is talking. nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by madridguy(m): 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2017
Good write up Abati.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by fof1: 4:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
Iaia:
Reuben Abati has just dropped a bombshell to express his own reaction towards Tuface Idibia's latest decision to back out from the much publicized protest.

Read below…

http://naijavocal.com/opinion-the-two-faces-of-tuface-by-reuben-abati/

REUBEN ABATI. U REMAIN A WRITER PAR EXCELLENCE, UR PROWESS AND FLOW OC THOTS HV NOT CHANGED. UR GUARDIAN PAPER DAYS HV ALWAYS COME TO MIND. THIS IS A MASTER PIECE OF JOURNALISTIC EXPRESSION AND METHODICALLY SERIALISED BALANCED PORTRAIT OF INNOCENT DIBIA AKA TUFACE.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by fof1: 4:19pm On Feb 06, 2017
Iaia:
Reuben Abati has just dropped a bombshell to express his own reaction towards Tuface Idibia's latest decision to back out from the much publicized protest.

Read below…

REUBEN ABATI. U REMAIN A WRITER PAR EXCELLENCE, UR PROWESS AND FLOW OF THOTS HV NOT CHANGED. UR GUARDIAN PAPER DAYS HV ALWAYS COME TO MIND. THIS IS A MASTER PIECE OF JOURNALISTIC PROWESS AND METHODICALLY SERIALISED BALANCED PORTRAIT OF INNOCENT DIBIA AKA TUFACE.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by temitopeking(m): 5:04pm On Feb 06, 2017
no matter what, He is an Hero to conceive the idea and ppl bought the idea, i tell you that the backing out of 2FACE make the protest a success, that is strategy.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by vislabraye(m): 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2017
Tifemide2017:

This is a lie.

Tuface is really TwoFaced.

Where was he during the Save Nigeria Group and Ojota protests? I guess he was busy hobnobbing with David Mark and Akapbio.

Those were the protests that made meaning in Nigeria.

In other word, where is Bakare and Utomi of the SNG ? I guess they are hobnobbing ?
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by themanderon: 5:15pm On Feb 06, 2017
Who cares what Reuben has to say? He was a patriot before he sold out to the last administration. He is a true example of the old saying "everyone has a price". He made some valid points though.

2 Likes

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by lastpage: 5:32pm On Feb 06, 2017
Iaia:

Read below…

Nigerians have very, very short memory!
Look at "Reuben Abatti, a Pot.... saying the Kettle is Black"!

Does Reuben Abatti, who used to write well for the Guardian, before he was appointed to be a Presidential Spokesman under President Obasanjo, think we have forgotten how Himself (Abatti) sold out Nigerians during the fuel-hike protest back then.... just as that short thing called Oshiomole, as head of the Labour Congress, sold-out the workers on the same issue of fuel hike"?

In return, Obasanjo gave Reuben Abatti a lots of Bag of money and choice land in Abuja while Oshiomole was rewarded with a Governorship ticket and eventually was Governor of Edo state for two terms.

There is no one more "TWO FACED" than Reuben Abatti so he should just ShutTheFuckUp and stop pretending he is with the masses.
Reuben Abatti is a sell-out who was not even bold enough to do it publicly like @Face Idibia.

Lastpage!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by God2man(m): 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
The downfall of a man is not the end of his life, it is an opportunity for Tuface to re-strategize.
Re: "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati by logica(m): 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2017
calberian:

I only wish I knew exactly what happened to his voice during his time as a presidency staff.
The Aso Rock demons silenced him. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinese Men Entertain President Buhari With Hausa Song And Dance (Video) / Caption This Femi Fani-kayode Photo With EFCC securities / Buhari Receives Alpha Conde, President Of Guinea In Daura (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.