Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:58 PM

Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion (1180 Views)

Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu / Chris Anyanwu's Bill Did Not Set 11 Years As The Age Of Consent (to Sexual Acts) / CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by jona2: 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2009
[b]Soludo challenges Nigerians
By Olu Obafemi

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Even in the most barbaric of human acts, you see a bit of wisdom. You and I may question the Japanese ritual killing – harakiri on the reason that it is condemnable to take one’s life. However, among the Jains, it is the reverse. You are not to take any life whatsoever, but you can take your own.

Soludo

Talking about harakiri, once, the Americans took a decision the Japanese considered hostile to them as a nation, the next morning, when the American representative in Japan opened his door, he saw dead Japanese. Behold, they had committed harakiri as a protest to what they considered as harsh American policies.

The foregoing may be barbaric, but the fact is that the Japanese reacted when their honour was assaulted. Though differently, it was in line with what Gabriel Marcel said a long time ago. “A man who believes in nothing and a man who depends on nothing is a man without correction.” In Nigeria today, can we say we are ready to go out of our way to do certain things for the sake of honour and for one’s love for the country? If this is not patriotism, what is? [/b] Recently, the country had a Central Bank Governor in the person of Prof. Charles Soludo. He is brilliant but certainly not the most brilliant among other Nigerians. Soludo was the National Economic Adviser under Obasanjo. He was also appointed the Governor of the Central Bank under Obasanjo. He was one of the founders of the Transcorp. Soludo changed the garb of Nigeria banking from conservatism to an institution hungry for awards, with himself awarded the Best Central Bank Governor in the world. Other magician bankers, even when like him they were presiding over failed institutions, won award as the best bank, and all that.

Today, God will bless Lamido Sanusi, he is cleansing the banking industry. Where Soludo saw no problem, Lamido is seeing something graver than problem. Those banks that won the best laurels under Soludo are now certified as clinically dead, the very banks he boasted might buy other distressed banks in other parts of the world.

As a result of Soludo’s recklessness, many Nigerians are in distress. Banks being one of the sectors that drive the economy, he made Nigerians to buy all manner of shares and today shares have crumbled.

When Soludo’s tenure was about to expire, Nigerians clamoured for his retention not knowing that he confused and confounded everybody. When the presidency appointed another person instead, we cried blue murder, not knowing that there were things they saw, which we did not see. Today the presidency is justified.

What is very surprising is that even in the midst of Soludo’s exposure as having failed Nigerians and the economy of the country, he is still prancing all over the place in the name of wanting to contest the Governorship. What type of country is this? He has not even apologized to the people of Nigeria for misleading them, rather he talks arrogantly and proudly. In some countries, his first class will be taken away from him.

Were Soludo to be from Japan, by now the country will be witnessing an epidemic of harakiri. Many people would have killed themselves in protest of what Soludo did. Many people would have even killed themselves not out of what he did, but for the fact that he is still threatening to continue leading the people as a Governor.

At this juncture, you will agree with me that Soludo is a challenge to Nigerians. How can a man preside over the collapse of the economy and to add insult to injury he wants to be Governor and the press is keeping quiet. Where are our columnists? Is the journalist no longer a watchdog of the society? To prove the type of man he truly is, look at the way and manner he became the candidate of the PDP.

How can Soludo without inherited riches, and after five years as the Central Bank governor have the money he is spending today in the name of politics?

Where did he get the money to buy hundreds of vehicles he is distributing to people? Where did he get the money to buy houses in London, Abuja, Enugu, Isuofia and more? Where did Soludo get the money, as reported by the newspapers, to pay off millions to some of those who were contesting against him? Where did he get the money with which he is “terrorizing” Anambra State?

From the foregoing, it is clear that Soludo has many questions to answer and he should answer them. Many Nigerians are disappointed that these questions are not asked. I am constrained to point this out because if care is not taken, his annoying swagger when he actually should be out of circulation, may get some of us think about hara-kiri. The odour is unbearable.

Ifemesia, a public Affairs analyst, wrote from Awka.
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by tarano: 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2009
Solodo sabi waka , even Wole Soyinka wrote about this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73wSaXE3VM
Tunji Oyelana & His Benders - I Love My Country / Chairman
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by banom(m): 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2009
Na today ?

*Jona continue in your stupidity while Soludo takes my people to the next level.
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by SEFAGO(m): 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2009
^ yep all the way to dubai level undecided
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by courage89(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2009
I am sure Soludo will be the next governor of Anambra state in spite of all these cheap publicity stunt. Didn't the UBA just purchased new Jet? He was one time among the big man running the affairs of the country. How come we're not probing where he got the money from to purchase his new Jet?
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by cantell(m): 12:37am On Dec 04, 2009
@Jona,
Una go tire. E no go work.
Propaganda go kill una.
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by PapaBrowne(m): 2:01am On Dec 04, 2009
As the propaganda grows, so does Soludo's popularity grow!
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Dec 04, 2009
@The poster did not write that piece himself, or did he? Can we learn to put our personal feelings aside and focus on looking at issues objectively. We have a man who worked for 5 years, during which it seems he amassed a lot of wealth. People ought to be curious about the source , and call for an investigation to ensure we were not ripped off in any way by this man.

I don't care if he is my mama brother, he ought to be investigated and findings made public so people can better judge him.
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:08am On Dec 04, 2009
@ Poster,
This is how he made the billions!

I believe that God has a purpose and a plan for everyone. From my very humble beginnings, it is only through the grace of God that I could have earned a Distinction grade at the secondary school; a B.Sc (First Class Honours) (Economics); an M.Sc. and a Ph.D (Economics) winning Departmental, Faculty and University awards as best graduating student at the University of Nigeria. I had cumulative four years of post-doctoral training and research in some of the world’s best institutions including the Brookings Institution, Washington, DC; University of Oxford, UK; University of Warwick, UK; Cambridge University as Smuts scholar; UN Economic Commission for Africa; the IMF Research Department, etc. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (FCIB); Fellow of the Nigerian Economic Society (FNES), and awarded Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) (Honoris Causa) from three Universities. 

I was visiting Associate Professor at Swarthmore College, USA, and promoted Professor of Economics at the age of 38 (University of Nigeria, Nsukka). I lived and worked in Ethiopia, U.K., and the USA and travelled to 45 other countries before joining Government in 2003. As consultant to 18 international organizations (including the World Bank, IMF, OECD Paris, European Union, African Union, USAID, UK-DFID, ADB, IBM Consulting, USA; IDRC Canada; Chemonics International, USA;  United Nations, UNIDO, ECOWAS, COMESA, CODESRIA, UNCTAD; AERC Nairobi) I garnered wide ranging experiences and knowledge. I was also the founding Executive Director of the African Institute for Applied Economics, Enugu. I have to my credit over 80 scholarly publications, 15 books, and over 250 monographs, conference papers and public lectures.

At the Federal Government (2003 – 2009), I held five substantive positions: Chief Economic Adviser to the President; Deputy Chairman/Chief Executive of the National Planning Commission (of ministerial rank by law); Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria; Chairman, Nigeria Security Printing and Minting Company (NSPM), Plc; Founder and Chairman, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), as well as membership of more than 25 technical/policy committees
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by Onlytruth(m): 2:12am On Dec 04, 2009
^^^
Dis my brother Soludo too much o!  grin
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by mekusxxx: 3:17am On Dec 04, 2009
Crap. This is EFCC era and I doubt that they will let Soludo, an Igbo man, steal money and go scot free. Crappy article, crappy journalist, crappy opposers of Soludo.
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by banom(m): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2009
Soludo GO GO Go , Anyi Sogi nazu, Onwero Ife neme, Onye kwuchie Uzo, anyi egbufuo ya.

the next to be added on the CV above, Governor Anambra State, 2010 -2014, 2014-2018,

President federal Republic of Nigeria , 2019 -2023, 2023 -2027.

Anyi eje wegoooooooooooo
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by cantell(m): 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Banom,
Akwu m gi na-azu.(i dey ur back)

@Poster,
Una go tire.
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by kcng: 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2009
ALL YOU WHO AGREE WITH CORRUPTION .NA WA FOR YOU O.HELL BIG ENOUPH FOR YOU. CONTINUE JARE , NNA WEY LIKE PEOPLE WEY NO LIKE NNA BIG MUMU'S.DUBAI KO DUBAI NI, SOLUDO WILL ONLY DUBAI HIS OWN POCKET. DONT YOU GET IT.ABI NA GROUND NUT HIM COMESELL FOR ANAMBRA.
IF HIS A MAN WITH COMMON SENSE HIM GO JUST GO HIDE FOR 1 CONER,AND KEEP QUIET.
BUT NA GOD WAN SET AM UP.THAT DAY THE WHOLE WORLD WILL FOCUS ON NIGERIA.ALL THESE GUYS WILL PAY WITH THEIR LIFE.
MEN I'M COUNTING DOWN, JUDGEMENT DAY IS COMMING SOON
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by jona2: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2009
lol.
Re: Soludo: Without Inherited Riches, After 5 Years As Cbn Gov, Now Spending Billion by chidichris(m): 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2009
I am sure Soludo will be the next governor of Anambra state in spite of all these cheap publicity stunt. Didn't the UBA just purchased new Jet? He was one time among the big man running the affairs of the country. How come we're not probing where he got the money from to purchase his new Jet?

@courage,
things like u are not supposed to be on nairaland as products like u are called MADE IN CHINA.
if we look at ur role model or case study - UBA, are u justifying the wealth of soludo? are they not birds of a feather? are they not the same criminals from the same gang leader? did both of them not make their filthy wealths under one man? are u saying not probing uba is a good reason to allow soludo to continue stealing and now in anambra state.
the truth is that ur uba and soludo are both federal criminals who are used to lion shares and as such will not be comfortable operating as state criminals but if they happen to find their ways into the state house, then am sorry for anambra people and anambra state.
now that soludo is conviened that he cannot win ordinary primaries, the best thing will be for him to quit.
nigerians are tired of selected and annointed candidates as nothing good has really come out of that using yar adua as a case study.

(1) (Reply)

Abc Documentary On Nigerian Scammers / Nigeria At 50: What Should Be Our Theme? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.