Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex (1040 Views)

Have You Ever Declined Sex Because You Didn't Like Your Partner's Body? / Science Reveals Nine Ways Having SEX Benefits Your Health / Nigerian Man Discovers Baby Is Not His, 6 Months After Proudly Welcoming Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by majorbravo: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
IT’S every parent’s worst fear — an offspring resembling a former partner.

If you were to spend time in a maternity ward listening to proud new parents, you’d definitely hear them discussing their offspring’s genetic heritage. Does the new baby have her eyes or his? Could that be great Uncle Charlie’s nose? What you won’t often witness is the father turning tenderly to the mother and murmuring, “Hey, he looks just like Phil! You know, your ex? With the motorbike, and sociopathic tendencies?” But new research suggests that this scenario is more plausible than it sounds.

It has been shown that newborns may resemble a mother’s previous sexual partner, after scientists at the University of South Wales observed an instance of telegony – physical traits of previous sexual partners being passed down to future children.

The researchers found that, for fruit flies, the size of the offspring matched the size of the first male the mother mated with – not its biological father. It is thought that molecules of the semen produced by the first partner might be absorbed by the mother’s immature eggs.

“We don’t know yet whether this applies to other species,” explains author of the study, Dr Angela Crean. Too late, Dr Crean! I’m already working my way through a mental Powerpoint presentation of my exes and trying to work out whether I can travel back in time with a box of Durex.

The idea of our unborn children resembling partners past might initially fill us with horror, no matter how amicably your relationship ended. Your ex is not supposed to lurk inside you, waiting to burst forth in miniature form. This idea is scarier than Alien.

I’m sure plenty of prospective mothers feel incredibly guilty about the fact that they might be, unwittingly, about to fill the world with children who blow their nose on their sleeves, claim they have a moral objection to booking restaurants, and pronounce the eighth letter of the alphabet “haitch”.
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/02/baby-looks-like-ex-research

Ladies you have been warned, keep your legs together.
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by tripplephi: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2017
This is a BIG FAT LIE.... when we see posts and blogs that say SCIENCE REVEALS or IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN .... or ACCORDING TO RESEARCH.... we all seem to KNOCK off all common sense and get gullible BUT I SAY NO MORE.... where was science in the days of our forefathers..... IT IS TOO MUCH KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT DOESN'T WORK that is destroying many today.... CONFUSION is in itself a killer. pls let HISTORY VERIFY FACTS before it is believable.

AS FOR THIS THREAD.... its completely false.

2 Likes

Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by majorbravo: 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
Is it a lie or you want it to be a lie? I see fear and ignorance written all over your post. The websites sourced for this news from 2014 are authentic news websites not just blogs. TheGuardian and Telegraph have it too. Do some research before coming here to spill your ignorance on a topic alot of people could learn from.

tripplephi:
This is a BIG FAT LIE.... when we see posts and blogs that say SCIENCE REVEALS or IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN .... or ACCORDING TO RESEARCH.... we all seem to KNOCK off all common sense and get gullible BUT I SAY NO MORE.... where was science in the days of our forefathers..... IT IS TOO MUCH KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT DOESN'T WORK that is destroying many today.... CONFUSION is in itself a killer. pls let HISTORY VERIFY FACTS before it is believable.

AS FOR THIS THREAD.... its completely false.
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by Griffon(m): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2017
Guys not to worry, no one is gonna know what that ex looks like.

We are safe!
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by majorbravo: 10:14pm On Feb 05, 2017
Griffon:
Guys not to worry, no one is gonna know what that ex looks like.

We are safe!

If you read the post you'll find it's the female's Ex not the male's Ex that the baby looks like.
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by LordZero(m): 10:19pm On Feb 05, 2017
Fruit flies and not confirmed in humans..

bloggers...
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by Davash222(m): 11:54pm On Feb 05, 2017
So, does that mean I'm likely going to have a big headed baby My ex head though.
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by majorbravo: 1:57am On Feb 06, 2017
Davash222:
So, does that mean I'm likely going to have a big headed baby My ex head though.
unfortunately, its your woman's ex's head the baby might likely have grin
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by Nobody: 2:16am On Feb 06, 2017
oh no!!!! cry I pray noooooo!!!
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by majorbravo: 3:17am On Feb 06, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
oh no!!!! cry I pray noooooo!!!

Oh yeah. Prepare for his dreadlocks, love for reggae and the pronunciation of the word "Bacon" as "Beer can". grin
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by lanicky(f): 7:30am On Feb 06, 2017
I don't want my past staring at me through my baby's eyes grin
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by Bahddo(m): 8:18am On Feb 06, 2017
Nonsense speculation based on indeterminate research on fruit flies. Even if it were true for fruitflies, how does that even relate to humans?
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by tripplephi: 8:29am On Feb 06, 2017
IT IS CLEAR YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR MUM's EX.

you better open your eyes and see and percieve that the entire scientific world are yet still not sure of any findings and maybe after you are much older they will come back and say this exact stuff you put up was a lie. SUCH TRAITS NEVER EVER HAPPENED AND WILL NOT HAPPEN IN AFRICA AND EVEN THE REST OF THE WORLD.... it is only after we believe their SO CALLED FINDINGS that we see it happen. SO THE ISSUE IS YOUR BELIEVE. Fix it. and find TRUTH.... science is NEVER truth no matter how age long their LIES exist. am a scientist and i know that we are just blind people trying to give other blind people excuses for our general blindness.

majorbravo:
Is it a lie or you want it to be a lie? I see fear and ignorance written all over your post. The websites sourced for this news from 2014 are authentic news websites not just blogs. TheGuardian and Telegraph have it too. Do some research before coming here to spill your ignorance on a topic alot of people could learn from.

Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by majorbravo: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2017
tripplephi:
IT IS CLEAR YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR MUM's EX.

you better open your eyes and see and percieve that the entire scientific world are yet still not sure of any findings and maybe after you are much older they will come back and say this exact stuff you put up was a lie. SUCH TRAITS NEVER EVER HAPPENED AND WILL NOT HAPPEN IN AFRICA AND EVEN THE REST OF THE WORLD.... it is only after we believe their SO CALLED FINDINGS that we see it happen. SO THE ISSUE IS YOUR BELIEVE. Fix it. and find TRUTH.... science is NEVER truth no matter how age long their LIES exist. am a scientist and i know that we are just blind people trying to give other blind people excuses for our general blindness.

You are ignorant
Re: Science Reveals Your Baby Is Highly Likely To Look Like Your Ex by majorbravo: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2017
lanicky:
I don't want my past staring at me through my baby's eyes grin

My dear Lanicky, no one does, i understand and feel your fears. God wasn't joking when he asked y'all to keep it together. It's not too late to do the right thing though.

(1) (Reply)

Finally, Nothing Like A Special Woman In My Life! It's All Scam / Crush And Dating A Nigerian Guy / Too Early for A Cum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.