Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,442 members, 7,853,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN (11848 Views)

Buhari’s Award Of GCFR To M.K.O Abiola Illegal — Ex-cjn Belgore / IGP Idris Gets Buhari’s Nod To Arrest Saraki Over Murders In Kwara / Yemi Osinbajo Swears In Onnoghen As CJN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by ionsman: 8:12am On Feb 06, 2017
ddippset:
this is the best comment I have ever read in my life. I have been following all your posts and you seem to have a certain level of word play and intelligence never seen before among mankind. pls how do you manage to write so wonderfully? pls teach me. I would like to be like you when I grow up. omg you're so intelligent, your family must be very very very very proud of you. you have achieved so much fame on nairaland everybody uses your post as a yardstick and case study. hands down the best writer on nairaland. if only seun could advertise for a position in his company iam sure you'd excel as a nairaland mod. pls keep it up OK, you might win a Nobel price for nairaland commentary soon. cheers man!

Sarca sarca
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by Charly68: 8:15am On Feb 06, 2017
okosodo:
Buhari will not be happy with this if he comes
Which one concerns him..
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by freeze001(f): 8:19am On Feb 06, 2017
ddippset:
everyone in Nigeria is morally bankrupt and discredited. or are you not? abi you want to exempt yourself? he's the president, and whatever power the constitution gives him in terms of appointment of cj he will exercise. no amount of insults and derogatory words from you can change that.

That's the point! The constitution does not empower him to investigate the CJN and subject him to any executive scrutiny. That is what separation of powers is about so why the arbitrary exercise of power?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 06, 2017
chachanga:
One of the many blessings of the DauraDullard's protracted health maladies.

If he was hale, hearty and mobile now; he'd prolly be all over the place, scheming with his band of gworo-chewers and misguided beasts-of-no-nation Judases angry, shopping for a Mallam-chief Judge but that's done with now.

Not praying for him to kick it though but hope whatever medical wonders they're working on him also gets to re-calibrate his brain sha tongue.

U are wicked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by Jesusloveyou: 8:26am On Feb 06, 2017
ddippset:
this is the best comment I have ever read in my life. I have been following all your posts and you seem to have a certain level of word play and intelligence never seen before among mankind. pls how do you manage to write so wonderfully? pls teach me. I would like to be like you when I grow up. omg you're so intelligent, your family must be very very very very proud of you. you have achieved so much fame on nairaland everybody uses your post as a yardstick and case study. hands down the best writer on nairaland. if only seun could advertise for a position in his company iam sure you'd excel as a nairaland mod. pls keep it up OK, you might win a Nobel price for nairaland commentary soon. cheers man!
you are really a kid,

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by ELAGAIE(m): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2017
mu2sa2:
Of what use are your snuff-sniffing, raw tobacco chewing people to the country? You people have been saying Pmb is against a southerner cjn. Now that you have been proved wrong you resort to another shenanigans.
The beginning of your failure as a Northerner or Muslim is trying to please southern Christians.
JUST INGNORE THEM AND DO WHATEVER U BELIEVE DESERVE TO BE DONE.
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by chachanga: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2017
lilytender:

Fayose's attack cat called Lere Olayinka who started Buhari's death rumour just lost his mother four days ago. Beware of what you wish Buhari because it may come back to you.

Nah man, nah

He started it first by contesting like his life depended upon it ,with ulterior motives, for the right to meddle with your life, mine and all the other countless millions who can't speak out for themselves.

I wish him no ill-luck but, I do hope you're aware that the same way you would never take chances and risk your life by boarding a blind driver's bus; so, also do you deserve the highest level of probity, utmost good faith and competence from the teams driving your econo-political policies.

And what is the level of man's intellectual capacity? His management acumen? What about fiscal and policy creativity beyond his 1984 old glories? Have you realised that even physical fitness, agility and wellbeing have a crucial part to play in this mix? What are his antecedents 2015? Every kid wants to drive, but do you give them car keys?

We talk about his team doing the work and he, directing? Wouldn't that process be enhanced if He also knew some things too, beyond ethnic prejudice, monocausalist naïveté and political bull-headedness?

Man, I wouldn't hire PMB to do my lawn. I'll just be like "Baba, u're old, come.take whatever you need and let's just be chilling together in the evenings so I can benefit from your sagely wisdom of your years"!

If running Nigeria was a task pretty much as dangerous as servicing a faulty electrical transformer, do you think he would apply for the job knowing the level of his own ineptitude, unpreparedness, the uncertainty-factor in his ragtag merry band of kleptocratic mofos and mismatched failed mal-administrators? Would you have applied given the same set of odd indices?!

My few experiences have thought me as well on measuring human emotional pain thresholds and being more empathetic and i can tell you emphatically, there is pain, hunger and suffering in the land.

The PMB admin met certain issues on ground, no doubt, but part of the present maladies were also created by them.

Their former "body-language" of zero-tolerance for corruption was cross-pollinated with dilution of their initial vision, zeal and the exigencies of sacred-cow favoritism while persecuting every politician, neighborhood dog-lover and frustrated pastor with instruments of government. But, what came out of that travesty :
A Mongrel Government of Loose Ends and Beret-Donning Recycled Misfits from Past Eras with No current Solutions for our present challenges.

Apart from Kemi, Tunde and a few others, who amongst them are doing well.
OR who would hand over your family's inherited wealth to manage for you as a consultant? YET, you now hand over national portfolios to overfed mentally-lazy feudal Lords and you expect Nigeria to become Japan overnight, let's keep dreaming then, we'll wake up soon.

I don't wish @MBuhari any illwill but he needs to jerk da fck out whatever ethno-religious and political stupor that years of bigotry has steeped him in coupled with his acquired military rigidity. Parochialism wouldn't fly well on him now, neither will these childish blind-eye games he's being playing with critical national issues and decisions all these while.
#ThePeopleKnowDaTruth
#WakeUp&SmellDaBurntToast!

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by Ovamboland(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2017
hedonistic:
Nigeria's democracy is still a huge joke. So in other words, a morally bankrupt and discredited president like Buhari arrogates to himself the arbitrary power to conduct a moral scrutiny on the individual recommended by the NJC for the INDEPENDENT position of CJN?

Is this what separation of powers entails in a so-called constitutional democracy that should have three distinct arms of government?

So, if for whatever foolish reason, Buhari's goons had deemed Onnoghen incompatible with Buhari's so called war on kwarapshun, his due appointment as the CJN would have been denied? Where then is the concept of separation of powers? The Constitution does does grant Buhari any authority to scrutinise whosoever is nominated by the NJC to become the CJN. The president's role is merely ceremonial, as he is expected to simply transmit the name of the nominee to the National Assembly!

This country dey make me vex walahi.

You happen to be very ignorant of the workings of a presidential system of government. If have the habit of listening to news, during the last American general elections, the choice of supreme court judges and who gets to pick them was a major campaign issue. For your education, our system is based on the American system
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by chachanga: 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2017
ddippset:

Chai, dis bros wan "pinish" shocked me
I dey humble dey hail dey doff cap o
In fact, double Twale sef wink

NB
Fllg u
Do fllg back pls
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by hedonistic: 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2017
Ovamboland:

You happen to be very ignorant of the workings of a presidential system of government. If have the habit of listening to news, during the last American general elections, the choice of supreme court judges and who gets to pick them was a major campaign issue. For your education, our system is based on the American system

Look at this dimwit purporting to use a condescending tone to address your father or who? "For YOUR education, Nigeria has its own Constitution, which governs our own presidential system and brand of democracy. The presidential system of government and democracy itself is not a replicable operating system that you simply copy and install on any device. Systems differ significantly and are adapted to the peculiar conditions of specifc societies... according to the prevailing Constitution! That's "for your education", you miserable asswipe.

Why not use the relevant sections of our own Constitution to disprove my earlier argument rather than foolishly and unthinkingly making reference to the American system? This shows you're a hopeless kid. Shebi America has an electoral college, shebi they also have state police, and shebi their presidential cabinet members are addressed as secretaries whereas ours are 'ministers. Shebi the Vice President of the United States ceremonially functions as the Senate President in the US, whereas we have a full standing Senate President here in Nigeria...and a million other significant differences that I can point out for the education of a maggot like you. Why are these differences there, since "for my education" (spits in disgust) "our system is based on the American system"?

Who appoints Supreme Court judges in the US and what is the process for appointing Supreme Court justices here in Nigeria? If you cannot tell me the procedural differences between the systems in both countries, then take it for granted that you would die the disgusting fool that you are.

Look at the ignorant animal coming here to do shakara "for your education", when you know absolutely nothing. I spit on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by freeze001(f): 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2017
chachanga:

Chai, dis bros wan "pinish" shocked me
I dey humble dey hail dey doff cap o
In fact, double Twale sef wink

NB
Fllg u
Do fllg back pls

That was sarcasm!
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by freeze001(f): 1:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
hedonistic:

Look at this dimwit purporting to use a condescending tone to address your father or who? "For YOUR education, Nigeria has its own Constitution, which governs our own presidential system and brand of democracy. The presidential system of government and democracy itself is not a replicable operating system that you simply copy and install on any device. Systems differ significantly and are adapted to the peculiar conditions of specifc societies... according to the prevailing Constitution! That's "for your education", you miserable asswipe.

Why not use the relevant sections of our own Constitution to disprove my earlier argument rather than foolishly and unthinkingly making reference to the American system? This shows you're a hopeless kid. Shebi America has an electoral college, shebi they also have state police, and shebi their presidential cabinet members are addressed as secretaries whereas ours are 'ministers. Shebi the Vice President of the United States ceremonially functions as the Senate President in the US, whereas we have a full standing Senate President here in Nigeria...and a million other significant differences that I can point out for the education of a maggot like you. Why are these differences there, since "for my education" (spits in disgust) "our system is based on the American system"?

Who appoints Supreme Court judges in the US and what is the process for appointing Supreme Court justices here in Nigeria? If you cannot tell me the procedural differences between the systems in both countries, then take it for granted that you would die the disgusting fool that you are.

Look at the ignorant animal coming here to do shakara "for your education", when you know absolutely nothing. I spit on you.

Hehehe perfect! I was going to educate the unfortunate one perhaps in not so heated a way but this is excellent! Some people are so dumb it hurts! Just brief snippets of news and they feel informed enough to educate others without any real knowledge whatsoever! Elements of ur moniker show through ur post though...lol
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:58pm On Feb 06, 2017
mr1759:
if magu remain the only choice for efcc, even with all his criminal record the presidency still resend his name to Senate then why are they treating onoghen like that

Sorry how many criminal case are on Magu? I guess you have been misled you better get information and stop deceiving yourself..

The only thing they got on him was that he is living in 40million naira house, Mind you the hous ewas paid for by FCTA.
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by Organs(m): 2:38pm On Feb 06, 2017
chachanga:
One of the many blessings of the DauraDullard's protracted health maladies.

If he was hale, hearty and mobile now; he'd prolly be all over the place, scheming with his band of gworo-chewers and misguided beasts-of-no-nation Judases angry, shopping for a Mallam-chief Judge but that's done with now.

Not praying for him to kick it though but hope whatever medical wonders they're working on him also gets to re-calibrate his brain sha tongue.

That is not TRUE: I think you are just a bigot. Yes Buhari's kitchen cabinet are mostly northerners and its based on the fact that he is old school and he trusts them to do what is right but they are not doing what is right (that's another matter) Yes, i agree that he should balance his kitchen cabinet but go check out GEJ's and come back here and talk. But others, Buratai, IG etc is all based on merit, that has been proven, in this case as well they have to do all these vetting are you aware that Buhari cannot find credible judges for people awaiting trial? Cos their hands are stained, we all saw what happened btw NJC and the govt and judges.
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by Halo22: 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2017
Congrats to the man.....Kudos to men of constitutional repute who educated the Daura cabal. it is good for people to speak up. This is democracy and not oligarchy.
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by ngbede1984: 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hab24:
•Presidency to submit name
Those pushing for Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Walter Onnoghen’s confirmation are likely to carry the day.
He has been cleared of all allegations impeding his appointment as the head of the nation’s Judiciary.
The Presidency may send his name to the Senate for confirmation “any moment from now”, The Nation learnt yesterday.
The nomination may either be sent by President Muhammadu Buhari or Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, depending on when the President’s vacation ends. He has asked for an extension.
A security report on Justice Onnoghen is said to have been centred on “the fact that he is reform-minded and suitable for the anti-corruption agenda of the Buhari administration”.
The Presidency is believed to have received the report.
A government source said: “All hurdles against the nomination of Justice Walter Onnoghen as CJN have been resolved. He has been absolved of all allegations against him.
“As a matter of fact, the nomination was delayed as a result of the need to address these allegations. Now, Justice Onnoghen has been given a clean bill of health.
“Every allegation was investigated and proofs indicated that Onnoghen has no case to answer. The government went to this extent to ensure that the holder of the office of CJN is above board.”
The source dismissed the insinuations that the delay in nominating Justice Onnoghen had to do with his being a Southerner.
“There were issues against him and it became imperative to get to the roots of these allegations,” he said, adding: “More importantly, the outcome of the security checks rated Onnoghen as ‘reform-minded and suitable for anti-corruption agenda of Buhari administration’.
http://thenationonlineng.net/onnoghen-gets-nod-cjn/

Is long over due, let the Presidency do the needful.
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by baralatie(m): 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2017
Until day break b4 i know what to right
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by chachanga: 11:45pm On Feb 06, 2017
freeze001:

That was sarcasm!

Nay lass, 'twas most certainly not!
Now "UnFreeze" off to bed; 'tis well past your bedtime.
Re: Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN by chachanga: 4:34am On Feb 07, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Now Poorer, Facing More Hardship – Anglican Bishop Fagbemi / Jonathan Africa’s Ambassador For Agricultural Technology. / No More 20 Naira: New Pay 4 Federal Workers, Military & Police !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.