Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

"I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) (59295 Views)

3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital / Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) / I Stand With Nigeria Protest: Anti Riot Police Vans Spotted In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 06, 2017
icedfire:
Them no plenty... all of us coward Nigerians dey office, the remaining dey house dey pray make others come protest for them... we are cowards

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Orikinla1: 10:18am On Feb 06, 2017
Airforce1:
Good

The revolution has begun..

This alone is enough to send shiver down the spine of this wicked leaders.

They've taking us all for a ride for too long.

Enough is enough.
Which revolution?

Majority of Nigerians are at work.
Who wants to lose his or her job?
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by TeamSimple(m): 10:18am On Feb 06, 2017
bilulu:

why should d protest start from the east? didn't dey warn u guys not to vote yet u called dem names now u want dem to front d protest.....
Abeg keep quiet,even the protest again fuel subsidy started in Lagos even when you folks voted massively for GEJ..Everything good about Nigeria always start from Lagos.

I bet you,if Ipob are to receive their Biafra it will also start from Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by dokyOloye: 10:21am On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:
My little neighbor came over to me yesterday and asked that I helped with his home work. The homework was about "HERO".

So the question read.. " MENTION SOME PRESENT DAY NIGERIAN HEROS"

I cracked my head thinking...and it dawned on me that we don't even have Heros. All those who are in top positions do nothing worthy of emulation. All those who seemed to be different went into politics and became vagabonds in power.

The Heros of today just may be all those protesters who are risking their lives coming out to speak against this injustice, nepotism, corruption etc.

#GodBlessTheProtesters.
Fela is a hero.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by macgodon: 10:21am On Feb 06, 2017
Nigerian' s are cowards, until we are ready to make sacrifices this country may remain like this or attract more doom to it self low turnout.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 10:23am On Feb 06, 2017
icedfire:
Them no plenty... all of us coward Nigerians dey office, the remaining dey house dey pray make others come protest for them... we are cowards

What are we protesting against? I would have gladly joined if the protest had defined theme other than bitter losers of 2015 seeking vengeance.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by UjSizzle(f): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2017
Dd you see the police vans at every bus stop?
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Macgabe(m): 10:28am On Feb 06, 2017
icedfire:

I dey where I dey hustle... I am a coward praying for the protest to be successful like most Nigerians are. I am sorry I failed
Bro, you didn't fail. You can't afford to risk your job for protest. Everyone can't go for protest it's always those that are available. Anyone in your shoe would have done same. Although, your first comment isn't necessary if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by iamdondanna(m): 10:38am On Feb 06, 2017
presently at ganni fawehinmi park but no protester in sight just filled up with police
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by folem: 10:38am On Feb 06, 2017
From KOWA TL.

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 10:39am On Feb 06, 2017
ephi123:

Not true. Even if they collect 100 trillion per day. If there are no sound structures and systems in place, that money will be looted and go into private pockets as is currently the case. Money is not Nigeria's problem, its distribution is.

The middle east has some of the most corrupt leaders and messed up systems in the world.. But because the revenue is high what do u get?
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by bilulu(m): 10:40am On Feb 06, 2017
TeamSimple:

Abeg keep quiet,even the protest again fuel subsidy started in Lagos even when you folks voted massively for GEJ..Everything good about Nigeria always start from Lagos.

if u still think d fuel subsidy protest was a gud one even after ur god has increased it u mux visit yaba left? I bet u aren't even in d protest cuz u re an enemy of d state

1 Like

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by akoko11: 10:43am On Feb 06, 2017
ForValour:
oh... it is not MMM
I know ur type
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ephi123(f): 10:43am On Feb 06, 2017
mrvitalis:

The middle east has some of the most corrupt leaders and messed up systems in the world.. But because the revenue is high what do u get?

Which middle east country are you referring to? Be specific please.

The oil rich countries in the middle east are doing very well because they have developed their country with the oil income they made i.e. the money was NOT looted like was and still is being done in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2017
ephi123:

Which middle east country are you referring to? Be specific please.

The oil rich countries in the middle east are doing very well because they have developed their country with the oil income they made i.e. the money was NOT looted like was and still is being done in Nigeria.
Saudi Arabia, Qatar, uae all have super corrupt leaders living lavish lifestyle... But yet has enough to develop their place.. That's what enough revenue can do for u
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by iamdondanna(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2017
iamdondanna:
presently at ganni fawehinmi park but no protester in sight just filled up with police
any protester currently in ganni fawehinmi should please notify
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by FemiGreatness(m): 10:48am On Feb 06, 2017
icedfire:
I can't help but to agree with you on this one. Our generation youth are not ready to take our seat in the leadership of this country yet. A path we are taking that will lead to our children paying with their future too #factsonly

1 Like

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by iamdondanna(m): 10:52am On Feb 06, 2017
all this police in ganni fawehimi park are they in support or opposing d protest
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ephi123(f): 10:58am On Feb 06, 2017
mrvitalis:

Saudi Arabia, Qatar, uae all have super corrupt leaders living lavish lifestyle... But yet has enough to develop their place.. That's what enough revenue can do for u

Those 3 countries you mentioned have done very very well in terms of development neither are they known for corruption (check their ranking in the latest index) - so again this is not just about having high revenues but high revenues combined with low levels of personal enrichment and corruption.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 06, 2017
I STAND WITH NIGERIA. WHAT IS THE DIRECTION OF THIS GOVERNMENT ?

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 06, 2017
Akaujaa:
Anything outside revolution, is waste of time and energy. Nigeria will never get better until some politicians are brutally eliminated. This isn't the first time Nigerians would be protesting against poor governance. We have to try something different.

Until their blood irrigates the fields, I'm afraid the ruling class would continue ad infinitum to gull the people with their self-serving devices as is the common practice, without effecting any positive change.

And the people being more concerned about self-preservation than winning back their destiny would, sadly, be hectored into a cave of cowardice by threats of sanction. Case in point: Innocent Ujah Idibia.

The people need to strike fear and terror into the hearts of the [corrupt] politicians. Crucify, maim, burn, and KILL them, rather than imprison or let them off the hook whenever any of them is caught putting his/her fingers in the till, or found wanting.

Unfortunately, our religions – especially the 21st century brand of Christianity – have made us soft, weak, ignorant, and STUPID.

Joseph Stalin's chicken analogy in the meeting at Pulitburo seems most apt to decribe how the masses are like putty in the Government's hands.

P.S.: What we need is a Napoleon Bonaparte, not some lily-livered crooner with a million baby mamas.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 11:02am On Feb 06, 2017
ephi123:

Those 3 countries you mentioned have done very very well in terms of development neither are they known for corruption (check their ranking in the latest index) - so again this is not just about having high revenues but high revenues combined with low levels of personal enrichment and corruption.

Lol.. Ok Brunei
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 11:02am On Feb 06, 2017
ephi123:

Lol.. Ok Brunei, Brazil, Indonesia
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2017
Eddiecute86:

Is it tears from excitment or from disappointment

Anger at the FG and our ineptitude as citizens
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Longman6(m): 11:04am On Feb 06, 2017
I commend Nigerians who have gone out today to protest but i hate to admit that this might be an excerse without gain just look at the number of people protesting in a country that has more than 60% of its population living in extreme poverty,Did any one see the number of women who came out to warn Trump for making statements against their gender?

Nigeria would not witness growth until most Nigerians have notin to lose, most of us are still hopeful that things would turn out well for us, we are scared we might get killed or arrested so we wont bother going..

Again i ask who are those standing with a president that goes abroad for medical vacation when the Aso Rock Hospital budget is around the region of 1billion Naira? i challenge sarrki or any other pro-buhari individual on this.

Who does this president stand for when the president hast addressed its people in the past 4weeks?

I know am not old enough to say this but i think the president lacks wisdom, he should therefore ask God to give him. Because i cant point to any area the president has demostrated brilliance except the social-security plan of N-power

2 Likes

Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

Of course you can but just be careful and be security conscious if you choose to go OK.

I dey drink garri since yesterday. If I never chop...how I was take protest
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ephi123(f): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2017
mrvitalis:

Lol.. Ok Brunei, Brazil, Indonesia

None of these 3 are middle east, and of the 3 the only one known for massive corruption is Brazil, they have had a lot of protests since 2016 because of the economic situation. Corruption at the end of the day will always hinder development significantly.
Indonesia is not a huge player in the oil sector, their production has declined in the past two decades.
Brunei is a tiny country, not much to reckon with.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Longman6(m): 11:11am On Feb 06, 2017
macgodon:
Nigerian' s are cowards, until we are ready to make sacrifices this country may remain like this or attract more doom to it self low turnout.

I commend Nigerians who have gone out today to protest but i hate to admit that this might be an excerse without gain just look at the number of people protesting in a country that has more than 60% of its population living in extreme poverty,Did any one see the number of women who came out to warn Trump for making statements against their gender?

Nigeria would not witness growth until most Nigerians have notin to lose, most of us are still hopeful that things would turn out well for us, we are scared we might get killed or arrested so we wont bother going..

Again i ask who are those standing with a president that goes abroad for medical vacation when the Aso Rock Hospital budget is around the region of 1billion Naira? i challenge sarrki or any other pro-buhari individual on this.

Who does this president stand for when the president hast addressed its people in the past 4weeks?

I know am not old enough to say this but i think the president lacks wisdom, he should therefore ask God to give him. Because i cant point to any area the president has demostrated brilliance except the social-security plan of N-power
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2017
ephi123:

None of these 3 are middle east, and of the 3 the only one known for massive corruption is Brazil, they have had a lot of protests since 2016 because of the economic situation. Corruption at the end of the day will always hinder development significantly.
Indonesia is not a huge player in the oil sector, their production has declined in the past two decades.
Brunei is a tiny country, not much to reckon with.
My point is all three have better infrastructure than us.. If we had enough revenue at worse we will be like Brazil.. That's my point..
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by ephi123(f): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2017
mrvitalis:
My point is all three have better infrastructure than us.. If we had enough revenue at worse we will be like Brazil.. That's my point..

They have better infrastructure because they have low levels of corruption, with the exception of Brazil - there is nothing to aspire to in "being like Brazil". They've got equally as many problems as Nigeria has right now because of corruption. It has nothing to do with revenue. Countries without high revenues are making progress, because the little they have, they use it for what it is meant to be used for.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by actrinity(m): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2017
akoko11:
Good, I am very close to PH now to join them, Nigeria must be better enough is enough.
#istandwithnigeria
There comes a time, when the poor will feed on the rich to survive.
Re: "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) by Ngokafor(f): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2017
TeamSimple:

.....You should keep quiet!!...The East were far ahead of you guys even in 2012..They didnt protest in the stuipid 2012 fuel subsidy protest because they knew that the nation needed that subsidy removal,as well as the fact that your protest was politically motivated.

...At the end of the day,didnt buhari finally remove the fuel subsidy in 2016 which you zombie supporters of apc applauded??..after protesting against it in 2012?

...Abeg go and sit down in National Stadium with your neatly written 'too much hardshipoo' on pieces of card-board paper in the name of protest cheesy..after that head to Ibadan to boost your numbers,because from the pix flying around,its just a handful of protesters that are there. cheesy

..clowns everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe / PDP 2018 Governorship Campaign In Ilesha, Osun (Photos) / Uloma Nwosu's School Sealed By EFCC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.