Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Top Teens Club - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Teens Club (391 Views)

Join Our Totalchild Online Children And Teens Club / 10 Arts And Acts You Should Know And Achieve In Your Teens And Twenties. / How Our Teens And Youths Are Damaging Their Spelling Skills And Punctuation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Teens Club by pacesetter247(f): 5:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
That moment when you dream of becoming a doctor, a lawyer, an engineer and a teacher at the same time huh…

Have you ever been at that point in life where you are confused as to who you want to become? Hey friend, I used to be in that situation just like you. I always dreamt of becoming a Petroleum Engineer from my first year in High school, I never really knew what it entailed but I was driven by the fact then that there were fewer females than males in that field so I wanted to be a pacesetter at all cost. I remember ever telling my mum that I will be the first female Petroleum Engineer in Nigeria and being a loving mum who wants the best for her children she prayed for me.

Days passed and turned into months and then into years and then I discovered this dream of mine started fading oh no. I started thinking of how I had disappointed mum. But hey, one day I had to talk to myself and I discovered I was just being driven by the prestige of being a female engineer (extrinsic motivation) and not from within and then I asked myself this question, “what if I discover that I am no longer going to be the first female petroleum engineer in Nigeria and then all the goodies that come in this profession will I still want to continue my dream? ” and that was how I let it go.

I later discovered that I have passion for people and I always want to leave everyone better than the way I met them, I noticed I was most happy when I helped solved a problem for people who came across my way even though “my service was not monetized.” I just wanted to help people at all cost. Hoops!!! that was how I ventured into teaching because I discovered that is a profession that enables me to reach out to people and on a daily basis I was helping students and teachers alike to become better, my joy knew no bounds when I was awarded student teacher of the session during my teaching days.

I must say I am proud and happy being a teacher although no longer in the classroom but virtually. Hey Top Teen have you searched deep inside of you to know what you want to become, what makes you happy and fulfilled? That’s the first step to take in order to live a purposeful life, you have great potentials on the inside, search deep within yourself, you may need to stay away from friends and distractions for a while in order for you to discover yourself and hey when you find it, run with your purpose, pursue it with all vigour and I can bet you for sure you are the only one who can limit yourself.

I look forward to receiving your response and answering your questions. Live purposefully. See you at the top.

You can visit our blog for more: topteensclub., like our facebook page: @topteensclub or send me your questions @ teenstopclub@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Why Should I Study Nursing / Praying And Shouting, The Christian Life - John Victor / Countries To Study And Work At The Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.