Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Atheist In The House Help! I'm Gradually Turning Into A Nihilist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist In The House Help! I'm Gradually Turning Into A Nihilist (526 Views)

From Nihilist To Pastor & Theologian: How Dr. Greg Boyd Lost Faith In Atheism / Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist In The House Help! I'm Gradually Turning Into A Nihilist by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
I've dedicated most of my life reading and researching about the universe and now I feel like nothing really matters. I don't see reason for existentialism and other factor that aid life. Why are we here and why should we be here? my question is directed to all living element and I'm hopefully waiting for intelligent response only.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist In The House Help! I'm Gradually Turning Into A Nihilist by Hawlahscho(m): 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2017
I'm 99999999999999% sure that if you were in one huge wealth, more than enough money, real power and great influence, you would never ever ask the question WHY ARE WE HERE.

Kneel down, let's pray against poverty.
Re: Atheist In The House Help! I'm Gradually Turning Into A Nihilist by onetrack(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
Absurdism is really the only thing I can recommend to you. I don't have any other advice to give. Yes, I also think that life has no inherent meaning, but at least I can choose to try to give my life meaning even if I know it really isn't possible.
Re: Atheist In The House Help! I'm Gradually Turning Into A Nihilist by Niflheim(m): 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2017
@bamidelefundz,

YOUR QUESTION 1.Does life have a meaning? If yes, then what is the meaning of the life of children born with autism or children who die in war-torn nations after 3 years on earth?
MY ANSWER 1:Life has no meaning, but we can decide to give it meaning.

YOUR QUESTION 2: Does anything really matter?

MY ANSWER 2: Science matters cause it can help us to discover things that will be useful to us on earth and we can pass these things on to our kids!!! religions that make people to eat grass and drink rat poison(christianity), do not matter and are of no significance what so ever!!!

YOUR QUESTION 3: Why should we be here?

MY ANSWER 3: If all the conditions in nature, which can give rise to life from non-life, are ripe and available, we should naturally be here whether we like it or not!!! Laws of nature cannot be broken, therefore we cannot prevent ourselves from not coming into existence!!! If we live in a simulation, and the programmers programmed us to rise from a cosmic soup of proteinous DNA, then that is what will happen!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

10 Definitions Of The Bible / Mrs Otobo Should Put Her Facts Well Together Before Coming Out To Spill Trash! / (VIDEO) Why I Am Scared To Collect Tithe - Prophet Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.