Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,280 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? (4091 Views)

Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience / Who Created Hell?? God Or Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2017
It is popular belief that the Devil is more evil. No thanks to religious people who have blamed the devil anytime bad things happen in their lives and even consequences of their own actions.

But I have been thinking and also wondering, what exactly did the devil do to become so infamous?

In the beginning, according to the bible, the devil tempted Eve and she ate the fruit and as a result god punished mankind for eternity.

Let's go back a bit. God created the devil. God is omniscient and knew that the devil would fight against it. It also knew man would fall for the temptation, eat the fruit and it would also have to punish man for eternity.

Now, since god decided to do this, doesn't this make it responsible for every evil?

After all, everything is god's will which means that every evil, disease, poverty, death, eternal roasting in hell, sickness are also it's will. This also makes void any claim that there is freewill by the way since nothing is really by our or devil's will.

Then why do people keep blaming the devil for god's will as it manifests? Why don't people thank god when there is an accident or when a loved one dies or when they is an earthquake or tsunami or war that kills thousands and millions,

After all, it is only part of god's divine and perfect will.

What is your opinion?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by HungerBAD: 5:14pm On Feb 07, 2017
Huh?

I can respect your choice to be an Atheist,without bashing your beliefs in nothing.

Stop trying to belittle God this way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Rilwayne001: 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
Foolish question from a delusional hateheist. undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by UncleSnr(m): 5:19pm On Feb 07, 2017
Rilwayne001:
They don't fail to disappoint. #Deluded Fellow (Theist). grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
ask mark zukerberg
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
ask mark zukerberg

His etisalat number is not going through

You get him mtn? grin

8 Likes

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2017
HungerBAD:
Huh?

I can respect your choice to be an Atheist,without bashing your beliefs in nothing.

Is there a law that says Christians can evangelize and I cannot criticize?

Belittling a little god is not that hard. Trust me

Is that all?
undecided

12 Likes

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Rilwayne001: 5:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
UncleSnr:
They don't fail to disappoint. #Deluded Fellow (Theist). grin

So tell me, does the OP make any sense?
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 5:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
Rilwayne001:

You now qualify for a free gift cheesy grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Rilwayne001: 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2017
hahn:

You now qualify for a free gift cheesy grin

You often sound unintelligent. Sorry to ask, how old are you sef?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 5:29pm On Feb 07, 2017
Rilwayne001:

You often sound unintelligent. Sorry to ask, how old are you sef?

Einstein grin

4 Likes

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
Rilwayne001:

So tell me, does the OP make any sense?

I am still searching for the sense you have made on this thread undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Niflheim(m): 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
The devil in the bible was an "amateur assassin"!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2017
Evil is human concept applies to humans only. Just as I can't call a man evil for eating a chicken I also can not tag God evil for anything it does. That's if it exists
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
cool cool cool
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2017
hahn:
It is popular belief that the Devil is more evil. No thanks to religious people who have blamed the devil anytime bad things happen in their lives and even consequences of their own actions.

But I have been thinking and also wondering, what exactly did the devil do to become so infamous?

In the beginning, according to the bible, the devil tempted Eve and she ate the fruit and as a result god punished mankind for eternity.

Let's go back a bit. God created the devil. God is omniscient and knew that the devil would fight against it. It also knew man would fall for the temptation, eat the fruit and it would also have to punish man for eternity.

Now, since god decided to do this, doesn't this make it responsible for every evil?

After all, everything is god's will which means that every evil, disease, poverty, death, eternal roasting in hell, sickness are also it's will. This also makes void any claim that there is freewill by the way since nothing is really by our or devil's will.

Then why do people keep blaming the devil for god's will as it manifests? Why don't people thank god when there is an accident or when a loved one dies or when they is an earthquake or tsunami or war that kills thousands and millions,

After all, it is only part of god's divine and perfect will.

What is your opinion?

This reeks of total ignorance or hypocrisy or just plain incompetence. You started off more intelligent five years ago, what happened?
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
Image123:

This reeks of total ignorance or hypocrisy or just plain incompetence. You started off more intelligent five years ago, what happened?

Actually it is your level of comprehension and delusion that has gotten worse smiley

5 Likes

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 3:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
hahn:

Actually it is your level of comprehension and delusion that has gotten worse smiley

Oh me, i wish it were. But it isn't.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
Image123:

Oh me, i wish it were. But it isn't.

Oh it is actually smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 12, 2017
The theist reaction on this thread is amazing. This is the kind of mentality that boko haram justifies it's bloodshed with.

Everyone in this thread knows that the atrocities their God has committed dwarf that of Satan's. But somehow, their minds just glide over the implication of it.

Your God's a criminal, Guys. Get over it.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Lex11(m): 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2017
Men are from the earth... "dust" (Gen 3:19) and our understanding is quite finite... So, unless one knows the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, one should be silent!

But know that GOD is good, GOD is love, GOD is abundantly merciful... astoundingly making provision to save/deliver many, many from evil/wrath, at such great cost to Himself (The Lord Jesus Christ)... we have no idea.

"The Lord is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works. The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth." -
Psalm 145:17-18

"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." - Matthew 5:44-45

The LORD reigns.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Ermacc: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2017
OP is bashing something he believes doesnt exist yet calls someone delusional.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by helinues: 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
I tire oo

Everything na devil..

The day wey devil go punch some people's face heh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
Image123:

All you had to do was give reasons why you think the OP is wrong and that the devil is indeed more evil than your god.. you need not throw accusations of any sort

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
Ermacc:
OP is bashing something he believes doesnt exist yet calls someone delusional.

Is there something you want to say? undecided
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by UyiIredia(m): 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
The God who wiped out all humanity in a flood and created hell is far more evil than the Devil.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by orunto27: 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
The Devil.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by avaa(m): 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
Lex11:
Men are from the earth... "dust" (Gen 3:19) and our understanding is quite finite... So, unless one knows the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, one should be silent!

But know that GOD is good, GOD is love, GOD is abundantly merciful... astoundingly making provision to save/deliver many, many from evil/wrath, at such great cost to Himself (The Lord Jesus Christ)... we have no idea.

"The Lord is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works. The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth." -
Psalm 145:17-18

"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." - Matthew 5:44-45

The LORD reigns.

Are you talking of the same god who murdered innocent kids in Egypt? Who commanded and aided all those atrocities committed by the Israelites? The one who drowned the whole world?
Such a kind, good, just and loving god he is!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by avaa(m): 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
If the abrahamic god is real, believe me, he'll be serving a long jail time for all the atrocities hr committed in the bible and quran.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
Bump. Sunday loading...

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by mmsen: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Huh?

OP isn't "bashing" anything by asking a logically sound question.

How does one create everything but then absolve themselves for anything bad?

Or rather, how do followers claim that their deity did not do something that their special book claims that they did?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
mmsen:

OP isn't "bashing" anything by asking a logically sound question.

How does one create everything but then absolve themselves for anything bad?

Or rather how do followers claim that their deity did not do something that their special book claims that they did?

Help me ask hungerbad oo. Someone cannot quote the bible again tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Was Inclined To Committing Sin Even Before Eating The Forbidden Fruit / T B Joshua Allegedly Married Off His Daughter Secretly To Avoid Scandal / Watch Viral Footage: ‘God Almighty Seen Walking On A Cloud’ In United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.