Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me (11947 Views)

In - Between ( A Fictional Story) / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by NevetsIbot(m): 10:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
Missperfect28:
okay na.:-( bt m watin ooh smiley
i tried updating last week. Anti spam bot banned me and deleted it. Might take a while
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
NevetsIbot:
i tried updating last week. Anti spam bot banned me and deleted it. Might take a while
ohh cry cry cud u still try?
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by NevetsIbot(m): 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
Missperfect28:
ohh cry cry cud u still try?
maybe I'll just post it on fbk and direct y'all there
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Lleigh(f): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
bibijay123:

Lol
Cc
Skarlett
Twaci
Chumzypinky
Lleigh

Thanks bibijay123....let me think I will come and drop something
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by heemah(f): 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
Lleigh:

Thanks bibijay123....let me think I will come and drop something
I wish you'd meet Linda! grin angry grin.. That punishment is too much for her faa
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by ChizzyMaris(f): 10:33am On Feb 19, 2017
Solomonbrown64 where art thou? Angelinastto. Hadampson come and see.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Hadampson(m): 11:00am On Feb 19, 2017
ChizzyMaris:
Solomonbrown64 where art thou?
Angelinastto.
Hadampson come and see.
Warris goin on here dear.. i jez hope ayam nur late o
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by konfused: 11:00am On Feb 19, 2017
Divepen1:
Tye's tribbette song blasted in my ear as I was writing my story on paper. My head was becoming hot. I needed rest after writing for two hours non-stop.
Suddenly, I heard a loud noise. I hurriedly unplugged the earpiece from my ear. Someone was knocking. Who could be knocking? The school was on holiday. There was no way anybody could come visiting at this time. I had no friend. Just acquintances.
' Yes. Who is there?'
' Good afternoon', a lady called. My eyes almost entered my head as I tried to figure who the lady was. I shook my head and opened the door. I was surprised by the beauty of this lady. She had a bottle in her hand. A bag hanged across her body. My heart pounded. I knew this lady. But I didn't know where.
' Good afternoon...' I said as I looked at her.
She sized me up and pushed her way past me.
' What is this?' I said after I had regained a little confidence.
' So, this is you?'
' Me... What are you talking about?'
She laughed, threw her head back and drank from her bottle. My breathe stopped. I know this lady. I have seen her somewhere.
' You know who I am. Don't you?'
I shook my head.
' Oh God. Are you telling you are so dumb?'
' Lady. If you don't leave this room, I will be forced to forcefully evict you'.
She paused. A bright smile covered her face. ' You even look more like Bidemi, only that he is fairer'.
My heart skipped beats. I know only two Bidemi. One from our church. The other from my story.
' Which Bidemi?'
' Bidemi Adeoti of course'.
' Are you for real?' I whispered, stunned.
' Don't you recognise my bottle of coffee'.
I stopped breathing.
' My bag of weapons', she said gracefully and start revealing the deadly weapons in her bag.
' That's impossible'.
' What is impossible? I don't know what to say. Just make sure Bidemi do not wake from the slumber'.
' What are you talking about?'
' Yes, I've read your story. And I know he will wake in June.'
' If you are truly Racheal, how did you get here?'
She laughed mockingly.
' A powerful witch made all the fictional characters in the world become real'.
' But that's impossible'.
' I don't know what's impossible'
' How...How..Did you find me?'
She smiled. 'you are my author. You made me good. I can find anything. I'm Racheal. I know everything.'
' What do you want?' My heart was pounding.
' My initial plan was to just see you. But now, I want to see how you can send us back to our childhood. I don't want to be the one kidnapped. I want it to be Grace. So, I will find her'.
' But that's impossible'.
' Very possible.' She said and brought out her gun from the bag and pointed it at my head. ' You know I don't miss'.
' How do I know it has worked?'
' When you post it online. The witch can only read it online'.

Lol, your sense of imagination is so intriguing

This is exactly like Stephen king did with his characters on his book THE DARK TOWER series, one of the characters ROLAND had to visit him when he had an accident in the real world to tell him to hurry up and finish the book cos time is running out.

Keep it up, you are good dude. I enjoyed reading this.

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by rachealfst(f): 12:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lleigh:

Thanks bibi.....let me think I will come and drop something
If you meet Linda........na die. I can imagine what she'll do to you. I'm very sure she won't spare you.Lol
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by rachealfst(f): 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Oyinprince : i would love you to meet Gentle and Slimmy from New creation

Angelinastto: I wish you meet Nelly( you killed that girl while her twin sister is alive now enjoying as the president's daughter in-law)

Chumzypinky I wish you met Jolade and not kaka&Nene(after all the humiliation she suffered in the hands of Nathan. you still allow her to be gang raped)

Bibi294: you must meet Ken(So he's girlfriend was not raped by the VC and you made him turned himself into a monster because of her)

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by solomonbrown64: 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
"Osanoboa! What a day!" I said to myself as I inserted the key into the key lock of my room door. It had truly been a stressful day after running around Uniben's sports complex. We were on holidays and that has been for so for the last two weeks but I refused to return home for the festive season as staying under the same roof with nagging women was something I couldn't cope with any longer for even a minute. I preferred the now quiet hostel I was resident in the famous village of Ekosoden.

..... I got into my single room that had a mini kitchen and a bathroom in it. I dropped my bag and resorted to undressing jogging wear and footwear. I tossed the dirty wear somewhere in my wardrobe and did the same to my new stretchers footwear. I took my towel and headed for the bathroom. I washed my sweaty body and played a little there before drying myself. I went nude to the kitchen and got flakes and milk. I lived alone which meant that my beverages would last as long as they should without someone else taking as much they would like under the guise of a roommate.

.....I ate and did the dishes before returning to the main room, still without clothes. I sat on my bed but later stood up and that was when I noticed that outside was dark. I was shocked and quickly checked the time because I knew I was here by few minutes past six and the sun was still out, or did I spend that much time in the bathroom.

.....There was light just a while ago when I doing the dishes now, how could everywhere go dark so quickly? I picked up my torch and pointed at the wall clock to see that it was just fifteen minutes before seven in the evening. I surprised and simply prayed before checking if my door was locked. It was and I sought to anoint my door and windows. I sat on the edge of the bed to take the oil bottle across the sofa but I didn't particularly reach it. I felt weak suddenly and light headed and soon I found myself asleep.

.... I opened my eyes when I heard the glass in my window shatter to pieces. I jerked up in time to see a blinding white stream of light emerge through the now opened window. I shaded my eyes and when the lights went out; a tall white man was there standing and staring straight at me with mean eyes. He was on a beautiful black tunic and had long black hair. He was handsome even with this weird dark rings around his eyes.

He just stood there watching me in my naked form but my phallus was hidden from view. I wondered what was going on and how could a white man be in my room.

"Who are you." I managed to voice out in a really shaken state. He said nothing but just moved a few steps closer to my bed and each step of his caused my room to shake. His eyes never left mine and all I could think at that moment was wonder what I must have done to piss off this being.

"Return my sister's powers before I turn you into ash with just my gaze." He finally spoke through tight lips, his black eyes still on me.

"How can I return 'powers?' I surely do not know what you are talking about...."

"Do not play with me, mortal. Do as I have asked and I will leave you be regardless of your insolence towards Olympus."He warned but his statement only confused me the more.

"I honestly don't know what..... Wait, Who are you?" I asked instead with my right hand now stretching towards the anointing oil.

"I am Apollo, the god of Light and the person whose powers you stole is ....."

".....Artemis; goddess of the moon." I heard a female voice say and then the sound of an arrow flew through the air and stopped millimetres in front of my finger tips. I knew the message, move those fingers any further and you are dead. I gulped down the huge load of saliva in my throat as I refused to believe what was happening. It just couldn't be real; I must be dreaming.

"Get up, mortal and begin the spell." Apollo voiced as I refused to look over at Artemis's end.

"What spell....I don't anything about Magic..." I said but didn't finish,

"...Don't drag this any further, mortal. Return my powers now or I will end you." I heard the woman say and then the sound of a bow being pulled followed next.

I swallowed another load of saliva and wondered how I was going to tell a jealous brother that his virgin sister would have to be deflowered before she could get her powers back. Either ways, I was dead anyway because I knew nothing about Magic.
I began saying my final prayers as I awaited my death.

#Thelastwolfseries

#Nemesisinlove

#Anticipate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Freeezzz(m): 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
I would love OyinPrince to meet Tarasha, or more likely Tarasha meets him. cool
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by sleemoon(m): 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
solomonbrown64:
"Osanoboa! What a day!" I said to myself as I inserted the key into the key lock of my room door. It had truly been a stressful day after running around Uniben's sports complex. We were on holidays and that has been for so for the last two weeks but I refused to return home for the festive season as staying under the same roof with nagging women was something I couldn't cope with any longer for even a minute. I preferred the now quiet hostel I was resident in the famous village of Ekosoden.

..... I got into my single room that had a mini kitchen and a bathroom in it. I dropped my bag and resorted to undressing jogging wear and footwear. I tossed the dirty wear somewhere in my wardrobe and did the same to my new stretchers footwear. I took my towel and headed for the bathroom. I washed my sweaty body and played a little there before drying myself. I went nude to the kitchen and got flakes and milk. I lived alone which meant that my beverages would last as long as they should without someone else taking as much they would like under the guise of a roommate.

.....I ate and did the dishes before returning to the main room, still without clothes. I sat on my bed but later stood up and that was when I noticed that outside was dark. I was shocked and quickly checked the time because I knew I was here by few minutes past six and the sun was still out, or did I spend that much time in the bathroom.

.....There was light just a while ago when I doing the dishes now, how could everywhere go dark so quickly? I picked up my torch and pointed at the wall clock to see that it was just fifteen minutes before seven in the evening. I surprised and simply prayed before checking if my door was locked. It was and I sought to anoint my door and windows. I sat on the edge of the bed to take the oil bottle across the sofa but I didn't particularly reach it. I felt weak suddenly and light headed and soon I found myself asleep.

.... I opened my eyes when I heard the glass in my window shatter to pieces. I jerked up in time to see a blinding white stream of light emerge through the now opened window. I shaded my eyes and when the lights went out; a tall white man was there standing and staring straight at me with mean eyes. He was on a beautiful black tunic and had long black hair. He was handsome even with this weird dark rings around his eyes.

He just stood there watching me in my naked form but my phallus was hidden from view. I wondered what was going on and how could a white man be in my room.

"Who are you." I managed to voice out in a really shaken state. He said nothing but just moved a few steps closer to my bed and each step of his caused my room to shake. His eyes never left mine and all I could think at that moment was wonder what I must have done to piss off this being.

"Return my sister's powers before I turn you into ash with just my gaze." He finally spoke through tight lips, his black eyes still on me.

"How can I return 'powers?' I surely do not know what you are talking about...."

"Do not play with me, mortal. Do as I have asked and I will leave you be regardless of your insolence towards Olympus."He warned but his statement only confused me the more.

"I honestly don't know what..... Wait, Who are you?" I asked instead with my right hand now stretching towards the anointing oil.

".....Artemis; goddess of the moon." I heard a female voice say and then the sound of an arrow flew through the air and stopped millimetres in front of my finger tips. I knew the message, move those fingers any further and you are dead. I gulped down the huge load of saliva in my throat as I refused to believe what was happening. It just couldn't be real; I must be dreaming.

"Get up, mortal and begin the spell." Apollo voiced as I refused to look over at Artemis's end.

"...Don't drag this any further, mortal. Return my powers now or I will end you." I heard the woman say and then the sound of a bow being pulled followed next.

I swallowed another load of saliva and wondered how I was going to tell a jealous brother that his virgin sister would have to be deflowered before she could get her powers back. Either ways, I was dead anyway because I knew nothing about Magic.
I began saying my final prayers as I awaited my death.

#Thelastwolfseries

#Nemesisinlove

#Anticipate

Good.... Been awaiting your response since morning... I knew it ll come from d last wolf series... Thumbs up bro

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by rachealfst(f): 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
skarlett:

Blessing the evil nanny grin
We are waiting, I want you to meet her too....she will show you pepper.lol
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
konfused:

Lol, your sense of imagination is so intriguing

This is exactly like Stephen king did with his characters on his book THE DARK TOWER series, one of the characters ROLAND had to visit him when he had an accident in the real world to tell him to hurry up and finish the book cos time is running out.

Keep it up, you are good dude. I enjoyed reading this.

Lol.. Thanks boss.. a lot
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by 5ircreepy(m): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
rachealfst:

Angelinastto: I wish you meet Nelly( you killed that girl while her twin sister is alive now enjoying as the president's daughter in-law)

Chumzypinky I wish you met Jolade and not kaka&Nene(after all the humiliation she suffered in the hands of Nathan. you still allow her to be gang raped)

Bibi294: you must meet Ken(So he's girlfriend was not raped by the VC and you made him turned himself into a monster because of her)

And your imagination is out of this world... .
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Angelinastto(f): 7:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
rachealfst:

lol i wish to meet emmanuel from your story

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Angelinastto(f): 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
ChizzyMaris:
Solomonbrown64 where art thou?
Angelinastto.
Hadampson come and see.
i am sawing. I wish to meet Mi lady in Nitefury's cartal and Adana on Ozila's mysterious Aba girl.

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by rachealfst(f): 7:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
Angelinastto:

lol i wish to meet emmanuel from your story
You can't meet Emmanuel na....you are to meet characters from your own story. lol
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by chistar01(m): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Well, this is my feeble attempt. I've never really thought of this ever happening so...

"Chistar why did you do that to me?" She asked as a cloud of tears formed on her eyes. I could tell she was barely trying to hold back tears that definitely came from deep within her heart.

"Do what?" I asked with a sense of urgency. The lady at my front looked very much familiar but I couldn't quite match the face with a name and this made me really curious for a quick reply. She seemed to know quite a few things about me already.

"You created me and made me fall in love but just when everything was going so well you..." She paused at this point as she couldn't bring herself to say the next words.

Being a man who understand females are very delicate creatures and should be comforted whenever they are in pain irrespective of whatever, I leaned over and hugged her, whispering random words of comfort in her ears. So enough she got back her composure and slowly pulled away from the hug.

"Errr.. Please don't take this the wrong way. I swear, I'm not trying to be rude here but, what the hell is happening here? Do I know you from somewhere?" I asked in the most gentle tone I could conjure.

She looked at me in silence for a few seconds which felt like hours. I couldn't guess what was going on in her mind.

I had been at a bar getting intoxicated thanks to the three empty bottles of beer that stood gallantly at my front while watching a Real Madrid FC match which we, Madrid, were losing to an obvious underdog opposition at our own great stadium, the Santiago Bernabeu... Can you imagine? And just when I thought nothing more could go wrong with my day, a stranger had walked up to my table from literally nowhere and sat down beside me, speaking in parables. I thought about ignoring her as she was disturbing me from watching my football match but curiosity got the best of me.

"You look very familiar but I just can't place a memory to the face?" I added.

"You really don't know who I am?" She asked, sniffing.

"If I did, I won't be asking. What's your name?"

"Funmi," she replied and paused for effect.

As she told me the name, I quickly went into search mode as I tried to recall all the Funmi(s) I had come across and strangely enough, in my many years on earth, irrespective of how popular the name is especially in the western part of Nigeria where I'm based, I have never really had any friend or known anyone named Funmi... Except... Oh my God!

It hit me finally, the smile, the dark skin, the blue eyes, the casual outfit, everything just as I had imagine it had materialised right in front of me. My head started spinning in shock.

"Which Funmi?" I asked, "definitely not from Why I Want to be Bad," I added in disbelieve.

"For someone with such a wide imagination, you seem to have very little belief in your stories," she replied.

"This can't be, its not possible! How come you're here in blood and flesh?" I queried her, I needed answers quickly to save me from losing my sanity. Was this a dream? I thought.

"Oh trust me, its not a dream," she said, showing me she could even read my thoughts.

"How is this all possible?" I asked calmly, I knew the character I created had no tendency to do harm so I tried my possible best to hide my excitement so I could get some answers.

"How this is possible is not for you to know. However my business with you has to do with your story, you broke my heart into so many pieces I don't even thing you can ever put back together and all I want to know is why you did that to me."

Immediately she spoke I knew exactly what she was talking about. The impromptu death of Maxwell, the allege love of her life in the series Why I Want To Be Bad which I wrote quite a while ago.

"I... I don't know," was the best reply I could come up with.

Her face went from being sober to raging anger in a flash. "You mean you just picked up your pen and destroyed my life for no reason? You created me, gave me a vision, gave me direction, showed me how to love and when I was getting comfortable, you snatched it all from me? Why are you so evil?" She spat. I could see veins protruding on her fore head.

"Calm down please," I said as I realised I had given a very wrong reply, "I don't mean it that way, I'm sorry."

"Why did you create me if you were going to destroy me?" She asked in a well calculated tone.

I gave her question a quick thought. She seemed to have a point, I created a character and had total power to make her happy all through but somewhere along the line, she had to feel far much pain than most people could bear.

"Funmi, I really don't have the perfect answer to your question and I really am sorry but frankly, I was just trying to tell a story that would entertain, educate, trigger emotions and at the same time be realistic," I started to say, "you see, being human entails that we have emotions which may include joy, sadness, pain and many others. I was just trying to create a character that would be perceived to be as human as possible. I agree that maybe I gave you more pain that most people get in all their life time but I created you so I knew you could handle it and trust me, that's not where your story ends. I'm currently writing a follow up to the first part of the series and I there just might be a light at the end of your tunnel."

I could see a smile slowly form on her face as I spoke with so much confidence to a question I had never given a thought.

"So now I've answered your question, can you answer..."

Goal!!!

Everyone, well, except the bad belle Barcelona fans, all screamed in joy as Sergio Ramos rose above all opposition and nodded the ball into the net. I was elated, our non losing streak was restored in the dying minutes by a defender! I watched the replay keenly with smiles.

The joy I felt knew no bounds as I was reminded yet again why I supported the best club in the world and thoughts of another hardcore Madrid fan who happened to be my not-so-stranger-friend ex, who was brutally killed crossed my mind.

"You know Maxwell was a fan of Madrid as well?" I asked as I finally turned my stare from the TV to where Funmi was supposed to be seating but she was gone, like voom!

I thought about all that had just happened trying to comprehend it all but it didn't seem to make any sense to me. It's not possible for a character in a book to come to life and my disclaimer clearly states its all fiction so there can't possibly be anybody like Funmi in existence. I scanned all around me in search for Funmi or any sign that what I think just happened really happened and I wasn't hallucinating but I found nothing.

I gave up and with one quick glance at the TV set I saw there was barely few seconds left in the match. I stood up and left the bar... I think I drank far too much.

2 Likes

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by esthyope(f): 8:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
i'm enjoyin this
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by BraniacX(m): 9:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
solomonbrown64:
"Osanoboa!

................................... quiet hostel I was resident in the famous village of Ekosoden.

.....what you are talking about...."

#Thelastwolfseries

#Nemesisinlove

#Anticipate

Osheeeey!! grin

Ekosodin (my old fiefdom) strongman vs olympian immortals cool

Though i think the way you spelt ekosodin as ekosoden will resonate with many of us ex-residents (convicts grin) that gherro was/is an infamous den

Buh we lurrrrrve it! wink

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by ChizzyMaris(f): 10:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hadampson:
Warris goin on here dear.. i jez hope ayam nur late o
Just relax and enjoy the ride.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Hadampson(m): 6:49am On Feb 20, 2017
ChizzyMaris:
Just relax and enjoy the ride.
With what? dere iz ntin on my table nah

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Seunvense(m): 8:34am On Feb 20, 2017
GSteve001:
Never, ever write again.

It was the last Sunday in April. I had just returned with that special ecstasy from the church. It was another day for me to dust off my bible and flip helplessly while the pastor read from a tablet. By the time I was done arranging and re-arranging, I returned back to the little boy chewing a loaf of bread slowly on the rug. He was a helpless boy I found on my way home, and I had picked him up in line with our pastor’s message that morning –the Good Samaritan. I played one too, and, the feeling was great, knowing that you can be of help too. I passed him a bottle of water and sat opposite him on my bed.

“So, you are lost, right?” I didn’t know if he heard me, but he continued with the loaf of bread. I shrugged and said, “Kid, you didn’t tell me your name on our way home and you want to continue that here? I can’t risk being called a kidnapper. Tell me something about you.” Even though I spoke in care-filled tones, his head was still bowed on the bread. That, my friend, was annoying and I was getting irritated quickly. The pastor didn’t teach us how to handle an annoying Samaritan. The one in the bible would have spoken to a donkey just to get help, but this one was mute.

“See, I can’t continue with this…”

“Mister, why did you stop writing?” his little voice interrupted me as he raised his head, his glazy and intelligent eyes bored into mine and I could barely hold back a chuckle. He spoke, though he asked a strange question.

“Why is that important to you?” I asked.

“If you give me an answer, I’ll tell you all about me.”

Well, that wasn’t too bad. I had bottled up the reason I stopped writing for too long. I knew people would tag me crazy if I told them why, but this boy wanted to know, and I should tell him.

“Come here.” I patted a space on the bed and beckoned on him to join me. He did joyfully and fixed his gaze on me, with a raised brow that signalled ‘start talking’, and I did.

“It started in the year 2017, with divepen1 to be specific. I know you won’t believe this but he had an encounter with one of his fictitious characters. When he posted it online, we all thought he was crazy and never believed him until it started happening to others too. I can’t tell you much about this story, it’s scary, boy. It’s damn scary!

“Just imagine this. A lady you murdered in one of the stories you wrote came back in reality for revenge. Sounds Crazy, right? It actually happened to a writer from Ghana. It was so scary that many writers including me had to stop. We feared that it might happen to us too.

“I have spoken too much already. Boy, now tell me about you.” I looked away from the books I stacked on my table back to the boy who listened to the story with rapt attention. He stood up without a word and approached the door slowly. I walked after him and held his shoulder.

“Kid, who are you? And why are you going away even without telling me a bit about you?” I crouched before him and asked.

“Mister, when the little boy, Ahmed, got locked inside the secret library, someone was supposed to find him after four hours. Isn’t it?” he asked silently. Was he hurt?

“Who is Ahmed? And what have we to do with him?” I asked and stood up. The boy was strange.

“Ahmed got trapped in chapter four. Mary was supposed to find him in chapter five. You stopped that story in chapter four. Mary never arrived, and you can’t imagine how horrible it felt for me to be alone. Please, help me and write chapter five. I need to get out of that library.” He cried and tugged at my leg. His grip was so strong that I had to hold unto the door-leaf.

“Who the hell are you, boy?” I managed to ask.

“I am Ahmed. The boy you created with your imagination while writing.” He declared.

Yes, I wrote The Secret Library. Yes, there was an Ahmed in the story, with a matching description. And yes… I fainted.

Simply brillant
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by GSteve001(m): 9:40am On Feb 20, 2017
Seunvense:
Simply brillant
Thank you, Sir.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Tycoflu(m): 11:53am On Feb 20, 2017
Let me give it a shot.

"Oga abeg help me" he pleaded, his teeth chattering as the heavy down pour intensified. His torn cloths were draggled and the deafing sound of the thunder continued forever. Following my instincts, I pushed my writing pad to the back seat before opening the door for him. Picking a stranger at the dead of the night has never been part of me but seeing an elderly man shiver non stop under the cold rain was an unbearable sight even the devil will be obliged to help.

"Thank you sir!" He kept saying in excitement as we drove down the lonely highway. Observing as he adjusted the seat to accomodate his massive size, all I kept thinking was the pain of cleaning up the mess he was creating. An unbearable stench filled the air as he pulled off his wet coat.

"I have never had a good bath like this for ages" he chuckled and for once, the thought of him being a mad man crossed my mind.

"But he sounds sane person" I reassured myself.

At interval, he tried to start a conversation but I was not in the mood for that. Dropping him at the next bus stop was all I wanted to do. Moreover the biblical good Samaritan never spoke with the Jewish fellow he helped.

There was something unique about him that kept throbbing my heart. It seemed I have heard all his utterance before but I can't think it through.

Weaves of anxiety flooded my whole being as I spoke his next possible sentence and we ended up saying the same thing like we rehearsed it.

It seemed more crazy and impossible as the source of his lines dawned on me.

Our eyes locked each time I tried to steal a glance at him. Sensing the tension building, he decided to relieve me a bit by bursting the bubble, leaving me stunned than earlier.

"Charles you did not even recognize your creation!"...

"I won't take it!" He fired as I tried to explain my own reasons.

"You left me inactive for years!" He yelled back, refusing to accept my excuses.

It was impossible to believe, I thought it was daydreaming but it's clarity made denial impossible.

Here I was, arguing with a stranger and not just an everyday stranger but a character from one of my unfinished stories I never shared with anyone.

"5 years of loneliness and inactivity! Charles!"

"You left me to grow old just like that without the love of my life, Hanna" he wailed, then bursted into uncontrollable tears.

"Listen Ben" I lied, using a different name from the one I gave him. I have tried all sort of trick but I was busted each time, making me believe it's him.

"Give up the old trick! You named me Philip, Mr. Liar!" he corrected me, sounding more disgusted with me. It made me more scared than before.

Philip was a character I created in my final year in secondary school. He lost his family in a car accident and was left alone in the world to fend for himself. Determined never to give up, he weathered the storm and was meant to meet the love of his life in chapter 3 of my short story but it never happened. I lost interest in the story and never finished it.

15 years later, I offered Philip a lift and explaining why I never gave him the life he yearned for despite making him pass through severe hardship.

I felt relieved when I saw the bus stop sign few meters away from us. My pleads fell on deaf ears all these while and I was becoming increasingly irritated.

"Sir you need to come down here" I pleaded bringing the car to a halt. But he was no where to be found except for my soaked passenger's seat.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by ChizzyMaris(f): 3:09pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hadampson:
With what? dere iz ntin on my table nah
Order for anything you want.
I will pay.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Hadampson(m): 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
ChizzyMaris:

Order for anything you want.
I will pay.
Okay.. pls gimme isiewu, ogba, kilishi, sharwarma, assorted, ASUU with Blue label.... i tink am okay wit dat so d bills iz on yhu o

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Eze2000(m): 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
Divepen1:
Gsteve001
Larrysun
Bibijay123 ( I love your cupid madness... Come and do it here)
Iolite
Eze2000
everywriter

I thought and thought but my brain can't press play on this subject and that's because I no be winch way my character go come knock for my door.

I leave this one to u guys,

lol
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by ozila(m): 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2017
Angelinastto:

i am sawing. I wish to meet Mi lady in Nitefury's cartal and Adana on Ozila's mysterious Aba girl.

lol I don't even pray to meet her again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The First Bloods / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.