Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas (15263 Views)

Meet Taiwo Oyebola Agbona, Regent Of Aaye Town In Ondo State / Ooni Of Ife Different From World Leaders And Kings I've Met - Arab Billionaire / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Forlarene: 7:42pm On Feb 07, 2017
I've come across a lot of people from ondo state and they seem to be different from their yoruba counterparts.they 're well-disciplined,accomodative, highly educated and friendly.may be i'm wrong,pls Feel free to share your experience with these wonderful people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by AnotherSeun(m): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2017
You might be right to an extent tho..
Am an ondo dude,..
Attitude is an individual character...
And I don't really think its a tribe issue rather than the individuals themselves....

11 Likes

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by daviomy: 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2017
ALUTA BELL CALLING AGAINST DELAY IN OSOPADEC BURSARY.

Combatant greetings to you all from the Aluta barrack of the National Association of Ilaje Students (NAIS), national body actively led by Comr. Oguntibeju Anthony Owolemi.

I'm directed to formally acquaint all the Ilaje students both home and abroad that our marathon freedom peregrination starts tomorrow (8-02-2017) as the OSOPADEC chairman categorically declared to us this afternoon that he has nothing to do with the students union anymore, but he has forgotten that he has not paid our bursary. He also confirmed it on air not quite long ago that he has paid our bursary.

Immediately we heard him speaking on air, NAIS president put a call to him in other to confirm the veracity of the news and he said "YES"

It's pathetic, pitiable, dismal and lugubrious that Mr chairman could went ahead to say such fallacious statement on radio. It is repressive and predatory that we are living in a society of heartless politicians who are victimizing people for their personal interest.

The megalomanian, satanic minded, Machiavellian, political Gorgon Medusa and unrealistic man called Pastor. OGUNYEMI WOLE JOHNSON, has called for war of the students and he must see the wrath of God and the entire students populace.

We are hereby calling on all the gallant Aluta fighters, fearless comrades, rugged students of Ilaje, Aluta soldiers and all Aluta Generals of every campuses to start gearing up their men because, it's now we must fight, we need to match to the commission in massive and ventilate our grievances in a peaceful and intellectual manner to them tomorrow.

There is this popular aphorism that says; "Freedom is never voluntarily given to the oppressed by the oppressors, it must be demanded by the oppressed".

Let us come out in massive tomorrow and match peacefully to the commission to demonstrate to them that we are not cowards.

Aluta continua, victoria ascerta. Dare to struggle, dare to win!

Signed:
Yours in Aluta struggle,

Comr. Oguntibeju Anthony Owolemi NAIS NATIONAL PRESIDENT

Comr. Akingboye Iyanu Sodayo NAIS NATIONAL SECRETARY
Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by lx3as(m): 8:47am On Feb 08, 2017
Forlarene:
I've come across a lot of people from ondo state and they seem to be different from their yoruba counterparts.they 're well-disciplined,accomodative, highly educated and friendly.may be i'm wrong,pls Feel free to share your experience with these wonderful people

Mr. Op, why dividing Yorubas? So Ekiti, Osun, Ogun, etc are not highly educated, disciplined or accommodating? We're one this side.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Nowenuse: 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2017
Forlarene:

Yes, u are very correct. I have also observed this, but the reason is not far-fetched.
A lot of Ondo people have non- yoruba origins from Edo and other areas. Their own cultures also differ naturally from hinterland yorubas.
Many Ondos are not even orignally yorubas.
Watch their cultural displays and u will clearly notice the great difference between them and other yoruba groups.

The difference btw the Ondos and other yoruba groups is just like that between Delta/Rivers Igbo groups and main South-east Igbos.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by babyfaceafrica: 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ipob yoot

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 08, 2017
True talk....once had on Ondo GF, Tolu, a very wonderful girl.... But NL Afonjas wanna make you group them as same. Ondo felas seems to be a different species of Yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by KingOvoramwen1(m): 5:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
Most Ondo people are originally Edos!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by orimsamsam(m): 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:
really, anything that make u sleep at night

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by YonkijiSappo: 6:02am On Feb 10, 2017
You people should 'kuku' say most Ondos are Ibos and let us hear word grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by YonkijiSappo: 6:04am On Feb 10, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Yet Ondo state is more populated than Edo state... cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Keegan: 6:11am On Feb 10, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
You people should 'kuku' say most Ondos are Ibos and let us hear word grin

You get them.
Awon werey eleribu gbogbo.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Olu317(m): 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
blues2022:
True talk....once had on Ondo GF, Tolu, a very wonderful girl.... But NL Afonjas wanna make you group them as same. Ondo felas seems to be a different species of Yoruba.
There you go again! fingers crossed undecided
blues2022:
There you go again! fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by EdoNation(f): 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Yet Ondo state is more populated than Edo sate... cheesy

YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT KNOW ANYTIN...IGNORAMOUS COMPARING EDO STATE NOT EVEN AUCHI TO ONDO OF ALL PLACES HAHAHAHA grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by manlawal(m): 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
daviomy:
ALUTA BELL CALLING AGAINST DELAY IN OSOPADEC BURSARY.

Combatant greetings to you all from the Aluta barrack of the National Association of Ilaje Students (NAIS), national body actively led by Comr. Oguntibeju Anthony Owolemi.

I'm directed to formally acquaint all the Ilaje students both home and abroad that our marathon freedom peregrination starts tomorrow (8-02-2017) as the OSOPADEC chairman categorically declared to us this afternoon that he has nothing to do with the students union anymore, but he has forgotten that he has not paid our bursary. He also confirmed it on air not quite long ago that he has paid our bursary.

Immediately we heard him speaking on air, NAIS president put a call to him in other to confirm the veracity of the news and he said "YES"

It's pathetic, pitiable, dismal and lugubrious that Mr chairman could went ahead to say such fallacious statement on radio. It is repressive and predatory that we are living in a society of heartless politicians who are victimizing people for their personal interest.

The megalomanian, satanic minded, Machiavellian, political Gorgon Medusa and unrealistic man called Pastor. OGUNYEMI WOLE JOHNSON, has called for war of the students and he must see the wrath of God and the entire students populace.

We are hereby calling on all the gallant Aluta fighters, fearless comrades, rugged students of Ilaje, Aluta soldiers and all Aluta Generals of every campuses to start gearing up their men because, it's now we must fight, we need to match to the commission in massive and ventilate our grievances in a peaceful and intellectual manner to them tomorrow.

There is this popular aphorism that says; "Freedom is never voluntarily given to the oppressed by the oppressors, it must be demanded by the oppressed".

Let us come out in massive tomorrow and match peacefully to the commission to demonstrate to them that we are not cowards.

Aluta continua, victoria ascerta. Dare to struggle, dare to win!

Signed:
Yours in Aluta struggle,

Comr. Oguntibeju Anthony Owolemi NAIS NATIONAL PRESIDENT

Comr. Akingboye Iyanu Sodayo NAIS NATIONAL SECRETARY
IYANU u only mentioned ilaje as if ESE odo is not part of osopadec again.
Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Akpoesiri(f): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
I am from Delta state and schooled in Ondo state.......the poster is very correct....i spent 7yrs in Ondo state....they are the most refined yorubas...the rest are local abeg......peace#

9 Likes

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Probz(m): 11:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
Some of the lightest-skinned Yorubas you'll ever see.

But I heard no one can sabi their dialect. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Igboid: 12:35am On Feb 11, 2017
Ondo people marry Edos and Igbos alot. And some of them even look like they were originally Edo, but became Yorubanized in a distant past, especially Akoko and Ose parts of Ondo.

Most Yorubas can't understand Ondo dialects too.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by ODVanguard: 3:47am On Feb 11, 2017
I can see the flatthheads are here with their usual mischief. Make una no worry. One thing I always trust my Ondo brothers for is their usual way of flogging some sense into you lots when y'all step out of line. wink cheesy The Deji and his boys have a very special and locally customized cane and way of treating una fvckup wella, and no amount of fake & empty a$$ kissing can change that. lipsrsealed

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Probz(m): 4:48am On Feb 11, 2017
ODVanguard:
I can see the flatthheads are here with their usual mischief. Make una no worry. One thing I always trust my Ondo brothers for is flogging some sense into you lots when y'all step out of line. wink cheesy The Deji and his boys have a very special and locally customized cane/way of treating una fvckup wella and no amount of fake and empty a$$ kissing can change that. lipsrsealed

Who be they?
Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by ODVanguard: 7:18am On Feb 11, 2017
Probz:

Who be they?

Una sabi unasef na. If the shoe/cap fits then wear it. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by samtee37(m): 7:26am On Feb 11, 2017
What make them different..... Is it because if the dog they normally eat.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by babyfaceafrica: 8:12am On Feb 11, 2017
Igboid:
Ondo people marry Edos and Igbos alot. And some of them even look like they were originally Edo, but became Yorubanized in a distant past, especially Akoko and Ose parts of Ondo.

are you high or just plain naive?.. Which dialect they do not understand?..u beta go and face ur business ,instead of spewing trash...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by EdoNation(f): 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
Igboid:

Very Very True!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Olu317(m): 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
are you high or just plain naive?.. Which dialect they do not understand?..u beta go and face ur business ,instead of spewing trash...
DON'T MIND THEM? THEY HAVE NOT EVEN FINISH REORIENTATING THEIR HUMAN FLESH EATING BROTHERS AND SISTERS. YET IT SUITS THEM TO COME ONLINE AND SPEW OUT ROTTEN WORDS. ANYWAYS, YORUBA HAVE A WAY OF WHINING THEIR LADIES'S BRAINS ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Afam4eva(m): 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2017
I really don't know the intent of the OP but from my own experience i'm inclined to agree with him/her. Ondo people behave more like the people eastwards of them. That is from Edo state. They tend to be lighter in complexion and are more liberal in their disposition. Though there's a saying that Ondo women are stubborn. Don't know how true that is sha.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by babyfaceafrica: 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2017
Afam4eva:
I really don't know the intent of the OP but from my own experience i'm inclined to agree with him/her. Ondo people behave more like the people eastwards of them. That is from Edo state. They tend to be lighter in complexion and are more liberal in their disposition. Though there's a saying that Ondo women are stubborn. Don't know how and light skin true that is sha.
Ondo people are more liberal?.. You people don't know what you are saying?... Continue!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Afam4eva(m): 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Ondo people are more liberal?.. You people don't know what you are saying?... Continue!!!
I'm talking based on my own experience. I know Yoruba people always think Ondo people to be the stubborn ones for whatever reason but i have mingled with Yorubas from all over and Ondo people seem more liberal to me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by babyfaceafrica: 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2017
Afam4eva:

I'm talking based on my own experience. I know Yoruba people always think Ondo people to be the stubborn ones for whatever reason but i have mingled with Yorubas from all over and Ondo people seem more liberal to me.
I hear you
Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Probz(m): 12:56am On Feb 12, 2017
babyfaceafrica:

Nwata kïrï nwoke, nwayo nwayo.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emir Of Lafia, Isa Mustapha Is Dead / Do You Consider Romanians As White? / Benin Bronze Mask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.