Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas (15335 Views)

Meet Taiwo Oyebola Agbona, Regent Of Aaye Town In Ondo State / Ooni Of Ife Different From World Leaders And Kings I've Met - Arab Billionaire / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by mcayomind: 4:25am On Feb 12, 2017
true talk op

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by kingreign(m): 6:33am On Feb 12, 2017
Afam4eva:

I'm talking based on my own experience. I know Yoruba people always think Ondo people to be the stubborn ones for whatever reason but i have mingled with Yorubas from all over and Ondo people seem more liberal to me.

Igboid:
Ondo people marry Edos and Igbos alot. And some of them even look like they were originally Edo, but became Yorubanized in a distant past, especially Akoko and Ose parts of Ondo.

Most Yorubas can't understand Ondo dialects too.
you're right.
I'm from the Ikale tribe in Okitipupa of Ondo. But my family members don't even act or count themselves as proper Yoruba. Right from times past, we've married other tribes. My paternal grand mother was Ijaw, my uncle (my father's brother) married an Edo Bini woman, my mom is Akwa Ibom, my late uncle's father brother) son married an Nnsuka lady.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by orimsamsam(m): 6:55am On Feb 12, 2017
kingreign:

you're right.
I'm from the Ikale tribe in Okitipupa of Ondo. But my family members don't even act or count themselves as proper Yoruba. Right from times past, we've married other tribes. My paternal grand mother was Ijaw, my uncle (my father's brother) married an Edo Bini woman, my mom is Akwa Ibom, my late uncle's father brother) son married an Nnsuka lady.
really u are from ikale and ur family members don't count themselves as proper yoruba

Continue lying

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by kingreign(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2017
orimsamsam:
really u are from ikale and ur family members don't count themselves as proper yoruba

Continue lying
You dimwit. I didn't speak to you. Oya face ya front jatijati.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by babyfaceafrica: 7:50am On Feb 12, 2017
Probz:

Nwata kïrï nwoke, nwayo nwayo.
why should I take it easy with him?...that guy no get job that spreading tribal hate all over nairaland....otutu oma nwanne

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by orimsamsam(m): 8:22am On Feb 12, 2017
kingreign:

You dimwit. I didn't speak to you. Oya face ya front jatijati.
clearly u are not from ikale

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by babyfaceafrica: 8:32am On Feb 12, 2017
orimsamsam:

Continue lying
ignore them ...mi da won pa...a won ajokuta ma mumi ....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Olu317(m): 9:13am On Feb 12, 2017
Afam4eva:

I'm talking based on my own experience. I know Yoruba people always think Ondo people to be the stubborn ones for whatever reason but i have mingled with Yorubas from all over and Ondo people seem more liberal to me.
YOU ARE VERY VERY WRONG. ONDO PEOPLE ARE THE MOST CONSERVATIVE AMONGST THE YORUBA EVEN WHEN THEY ENGAGE OTHER GROUPS/ETHNICITY OR TRIBES IDEOLOGICALLY BUT TEND TO HOLD TO YORUBA TRADITION MORE. THIS IS THE GRANDEUR MISTAKES YOU PEOPLE MAKE . THIS IS THE REASON THEY DO MARRY OTHER TRIBES AS ADDITIONAL WIVES(SHIIINA TO STUPOR). TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. THEY ARE LIKE EVERY OTHER YORUBAS WHO TALK AND DO AND ALSO WITH FLAWS LIKE EVERY OTHER YORUBAS.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Probz(m): 11:12am On Feb 12, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
why should I take it easy with him?...that guy no get job that spreading tribal hate all over nairaland....otutu oma nwanne

See omo Ibo vex for this thread sef. Wetin concern you if he's pointing out differences in one Yoruba subgroup? Are you Yoruba?
Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by kingreign(m): 12:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
orimsamsam:
Okay, your opinion. Not my business. When next you come at me, I'd chase you like a stray dog is chased.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by ODVanguard: 1:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Any Yoruba subgroup that denies or denounces being a part of the race was most likely never Yoruba to begin with, because the common denominator for all Yorubas is the intrinsic inability to loose the consciousness that ties and binds us as a people.

It's the same reason why till today Yoruba descendants all over the world, be it in Brazil, Benin, Togo, Ivory Coast, e.t.c still retain that Yoruba consciousness no matter what (even after several centuries of cross-breeding and race-mixing), are ever proud of their roots and culture, do everything to preserve it, and even flaunt it with it gusto wherever they may find themselves -- I mean really, who wouldn't be proud to be associated with such a renowned race of kings, empires, and achievers?

Therefore any 'Yoruba' person that comes forward to deny being one of us was probably never one of us to start with -- perhaps such a person belongs to an entirely different ethnicity or group that was assimilated into the wider Yoruba race/nation in a distant (or not so distant) past.

That's mighty fine as far as I am concerned because we Yorubas are not so desperate to 'claim' other peoples or form attache by force, usually it's the other way round (like some people I know who are fraudulently trying desperately to super-impose themselves into our rich history) undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by babyfaceafrica: 2:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
Probz:

See omo Ibo vex for this thread sef. Wetin concern you if he's pointing out differences in one Yoruba subgroup? Are you Yoruba?
are u high?..who is omo Igbo?..so because I can speak Igbo makes me omo Igbo?..I am a polyglot and linguist... Nansense!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by EdoNation(f): 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
kingreign:

Okay, your opinion. Not my business. When next you come at me, I'd chase you like a stray dog is chased.

Like a stray dog!! grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by kingreign(m): 2:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
EdoNation:

Like a stray dog!! grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Yes na grin, it has been acting like a stray dog, and wanna stray into my discussion, so it needs to be mal handled like a stray dog is treated. grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by EdoNation(f): 2:50pm On Feb 12, 2017
kingreign:

Yes na grin, it has been acting like a stray dog, and wanna stray into my discussion, so it needs to be mal handled like a stray dog is treated. grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin Hahahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by kingreign(m): 2:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
EdoNation:

grin grin grin grin grin Hahahaha
And ummm, I guess you're from Bini or Eshan tribe right? wink cool
Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by EdoNation(f): 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
kingreign:

And ummm, I guess you're from Bini or Eshan tribe right? wink cool

I Am EDO!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Probz(m): 4:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
are u high?..who is omo Igbo?..so because I can speak Igbo makes me omo Igbo?..I am a polyglot and linguist... Nansense!!!
Again, nwayo. Omo Ibo is now insult abi?
Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by babyfaceafrica: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2017
Probz:
Again, nwayo. Omo Ibo is now insult abi?
been I...eebu ni...bawo lo se ma fi mi we iPod yoots...arifin GBA ni!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Probz(m): 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
been I...eebu in...bawo lo se ma fi mi we iPod yoots...arifin GBA ni!!!!

I see you think cursing in Yoruba makes you look like a big boy. Quit with this yeye exclamations. Abi na common forum or war ground? Who vex this pikin?
Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Olu317(m): 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
ODVanguard:
Any Yoruba subgroup that denies or denounces being a part of the race was most likely never Yoruba to begin with, because the common denominator for all Yorubas is the intrinsic inability to loose the consciousness that ties and binds us as a people.

It's the same reason why till today Yoruba descendants all over the world, be it in Brazil, Benin, Togo, Ivory Coast, e.t.c still retain that Yoruba consciousness no matter what (even after several centuries of cross-breeding and race-mixing), are ever proud of their roots and culture, do everything to preserve it, and even flaunt it with it gusto wherever they may find themselves -- I mean really, who wouldn't be proud to be associated with such a renowned race of kings, empires, and achievers?

Therefore any 'Yoruba' person that comes forward to deny being one of us was probably never one of us to start with -- perhaps such a person belongs to an entirely different ethnicity or group that was assimilated into the wider Yoruba race/nation in a distant (or not so distant) past.

That's mighty fine as far as I am concerned because we Yorubas are not so desperate to 'claim' other peoples or form attache by force, usually it's the other way round (like some people I know who are fraudulently trying desperately to super-impose themselves into our rich history) undecided
Kudos to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Olu317(m): 5:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Probz:

I see you think cursing in Yoruba makes you look like a big boy. Quit with this yeye exclamations. Abi na common forum or war ground? Who vex this pikin?
IRRESPECTIVE OF HIS OPINION NEED NOT DEGENERATE TO THIS LEVEL. LET US FOLLOW THE CORE “OMOLUABI", IDEOLOGY THAT'S EMBEDDED IN US. I APPEAL TO YOU TO SHEATHE YOUR SWORD ON YOUR BROTHER WHOM YOU QUOTED LAST AND IF HE ISN'T YORUBA, LET HIM BE. I AM A PROUD YORUBA MAN AND BELIEVE IN PEACE WITH YORUBA FAMILY MEMBERS FIRST BEFORE ANY OTHER GROUP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by Probz(m): 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
Olu317:
IRRESPECTIVE OF HIS OPINION NEED NOT DEGENERATE TO THIS LEVEL. LET US FOLLOW THE CORE “OMOLUABI", IDEOLOGY THAT'S EMBEDDED IN US. I APPEAL TO YOU TO SHEATHE YOUR SWORD ON YOUR BROTHER WHOM YOU QUOTED LAST AND IF HE ISN'T YORUBA, LET HIM BE. I AM A PROUD YORUBA MAN AND BELIEVE IN PEACE WITH YORUBA FAMILY MEMBERS FIRST BEFORE ANY OTHER GROUP.

Who asked this onye ara to comment. Commot for here jare.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by kingreign(m): 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
EdoNation:

I Am EDO!!
I hear say Edo gehs dey fine, na true? cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by EdoNation(f): 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
kingreign:

I hear say Edo gehs dey fine, na true? cheesy wink
Yepp

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by ODVanguard: 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
orimsamsam:

Guy, your head dey there. That impostor ni the same person/handle as eyi to pe arae ni EdeNation yen. Alakori ati Eleribu ni bobo yen. E even dey talk to himself. Babanla digbolugi ni.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by kingreign(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
EdoNation:

Yepp

Ehen. You fit show me sample of any beautiful Edo gehs? cheesy wink smiley
Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by babyfaceafrica: 10:02pm On Feb 12, 2017
Probz:

I see you think cursing in Yoruba makes you look like a big boy. Quit with this yeye exclamations. Abi na common forum or war ground? Who vex thivs pikin?
k
Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by AkinPhysicist: 10:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:
Most Ondo people are originally Edos!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by babyfaceafrica: 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
ODVanguard:

Guy, your head dey there. That impostor ni the same person/handle as eyi to pe arae ni EdeNation yen. Alakori ati Eleribu ni bobo yen. E even dey talk to himself. Babanla digbolugi ni.
looz...alakora ati elede ni....mo funra pe awon iPod yoot yen loma je

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by AkinPhysicist: 10:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
Igboid:
Ondo people marry Edos and Igbos alot. And some of them even look like they were originally Edo, but became Yorubanized in a distant past, especially Akoko and Ose parts of Ondo.
Most Yorubas can't understand Ondo dialects too.

Re: Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas by AkinPhysicist: 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
Afam4eva:

grin You mean the same Ondo people that mercilessly flogged you disrespectful flat-headed ezendigbo in Akure? grin

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benin Bronze Mask / Where Does Pidgin English Originate From / A-Z Details About Your Chi (guardian Spirit/angel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.