Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors (677 Views)

Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo For Cursing Fulani Herdsmen Over Pastor Death / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by Samunique(m): 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
My name is ASP Usman Gambo Kobin, I am a retired police officer, I am from Kobin, Numana Chiefdom, Sanga LGA of Kaduna state. We learnt that some people were killed in Nandu, and some in Kabamu all in Numana Chiefdom. I then went to my old father around 7am and said, “baba, I don’t know what may happen to us today based on what we have been told but stay at home and don’t move around”. A Fulani man had actually hinted us of the impending attack but it was hard to ever imagine that our Fulani neighbours would come around to attack us. Then around 1:30 pm, we suddenly heard gunshots. They had launched their attack. Without any weapon, and nowhere we could escape to, I told my wife to remain indoors and let us be killed with dignity in our home. But, she was too scared and insisted she wanted to run out believing she may escape. She then ran out as shooting was still going on. My 104-year-old dad whom I asked to stay indoors was outside and he was the first casualty of the attack as they shot him outside. After some time the shooting came close to my house, behind my room and since they were in my backyard, that meant that the entire village had been surrounded. You could hear the screaming and shrieking of women and children the invaders were just killing everyone. It was horrible. They shot dead my wife as she ran out trying to escape. At the end of the shooting, nine of my relations were gunned down. I lost my father, Madaki aged 104; my elder brother, Paul aged 70; my wife, Salamatu Gambu aged 56 years; two of my brothers’ wives, Hadiza Danjuma, 35 and Helen Fedelis, 40 and the young son of my elder brother. Also killed were the wives of my elder brother’s two sons as well as elder brother’s grand daughter who was eight months pregnant. Among those who carried out the killings were Fulani who were born and raised in our village. We know them and they know us also. We have been living with them since their parents gave birth to them in Kobin. We know them. Their leader is one Yakubu Alhaji Haruna who is still in Sanga area and moving freely doing what he likes. People who were killed in my village were 48. Yes, we buried 48 people in a mass grave in Kobin. They were killed by people we gave our land to settle and graze their cattle without a quarrel. There was not even a disagreement or anything between us before the attack. That is the most annoying aspect of the killings. The mass grave is there, just beside my house. And while killing our people, they were shouting, “Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!” (“God is great” in Arabic, popular with jihadists while on mission). They were also saying “Ku Kashe Arna! Kashe Arna” (Kill the pagans! Kill the Pagans!) I was trapped in my home watching and listening. Those of us who survived are however suffering.
Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
angry sad
Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by subtlemee(f): 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2017
May God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by marshalcarter: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2017
ain't gon lie...didn't read but from the poster above me.... May God strenghten you
Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by annunaki2(m): 11:47am On Feb 08, 2017
The herdsmen were obviously possessed with the demonic spirit of Islam.
Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by EazyMoh(m): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
OK the attack actually happened but there must be a cause.
Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by delishpot: 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2017
What can I say?

EazyMoh:
OP tomorrow if DSS arrest you for padding lies you will start crying.
What's the date of this so called daylight attack?
And that you have been living with them for many years they just decide one day to attack you and then continue living among you like nothing was wrong is the most ridiculous thing.
Continue.

Typical reason Nigeria is still backwards. Someone has spoken, given names even his own name, his village and the names of those he believes carried out the attack, claims he has proof of the accusations instead of you to seek government investigation, you already conclude that he is telling lies? How or what turned you into such a cold blooded human?

1 Like

Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by babyfaceafrica: 1:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
Source?
Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by EazyMoh(m): 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
delishpot:
What can I say?

Typical reason Nigeria is still backwards. Someone has spoken, given names even his own name, his village and the names of those he believes carried out the attack, claims he has proof of the accusations instead of you to seek government investigation, you already conclude that he is telling lies? How or what turned you into such a cold blooded human?
I apologize for concluding the OP was lying, but this isn't is because most of these attacks are made up, exaggerated or mis-reported. And the best way to tell one is from the loopholes in the narrative. A clear one is the claim that they never had any issues with the so called attackers.
That been said this attack happened since early 2014 that's about three years, so definitely no one should abortion blame on PMB. All the same the security agents should the right thing and arrest any criminal giving bad name to the Fulani.

1 Like

Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by delishpot: 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
EazyMoh:

I apologize for concluding the OP was lying, but this isn't is because most of these attacks are made up, exaggerated or mis-reported. And the best way to tell one is from the loopholes in the narrative. A clear one is the claim that they never had any issues with the so called attackers.
That been said this attack happened since early 2014 that's about three years, so definitely no one should abortion blame on PMB. All the same the security agents should the right thing and arrest any criminal giving bad name to the Fulani.

Yes. Even if GEJ was there then, I still believe the subject matter here is NIGERIA not about whose era it happened. A crime has been reported, let investigation commence. How did you know not happened in 2014 tho? No attack intended o. I just want to know how you knew. Maybe it is a casebthat has been resolved already was all.
Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by annunaki2(m): 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2017
EazyMoh:
OK the attack actually happened but there must be a cause.

The cause is Islamic jihad.
Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by EazyMoh(m): 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
delishpot:

Yes. Even if GEJ was there then, I still believe the subject matter here is NIGERIA not about whose era it happened. A crime has been reported, let investigation commence. How did you know not happened in 2014 tho? No attack intended o. I just want to know how you knew. Maybe it is a casebthat has been resolved already was all.
I googled the whole story, the attack took place 24th June 2014.
Anyway the main narrative today is that herdsmen attacks are rampant and more daring simply because PMB is the president. But to honest we know that is very wrong and we can never solve this problem by trying to blackmail the president based on his ethnicity.
Again there are are many arrests of the herdsmen and arraignment but the biased audience and media chose what to believe.
If fulani herdsmen carry put an attack and they are arrested and paraded, the main comments you hear is that PMB will get them released. That's an insult to the security agents even though I believe they should do more, but they are trying.
Re: His Experience With The Fulani Herdsmen Neighbors by delishpot: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2017
EazyMoh:

I googled the whole story, the attack took place 24th June 2014.
Anyway the main narrative today is that herdsmen attacks are rampant and more daring simply because PMB is the president. But to honest we know that is very wrong and we can never solve this problem by trying to blackmail the president based on his ethnicity.
Again there are are many arrests of the herdsmen and arraignment but the biased audience and media chose what to believe.
If fulani herdsmen carry put an attack and they are arrested and paraded, the main comments you hear is that PMB will get them released. That's an insult to the security agents even though I believe they should do more, but they are trying.

I get your point.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Religion Of Peace Has Struck Again / Who Is Seeing Number 11,111 Or 1111 Everywhere / Us President Donald Trump Meets Pope Francis At The Vatican City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.