Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki (15997 Views)

Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw / No Hope For Nigeria Power Sector – Senate / Nigeria Power Sector On The Hopes Of Breakthrough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by seguno2: 8:44am On Feb 08, 2017
michoim:
Exactly what we have been saying. Clueless Jonathan sold the power sector to clueless investors.Clueless Jonathan is majorly responsible for all our present suffering. As if that is not enough, as wicked as he is, went a head to be sponsoring militants to vandalize oil and gas facilities. As if that is not enough he and his cronies have started secret moves through his so called foundation to slander the present government to foreign government in order to cut off foreign assistance to Nigeria; so that Nigeria people can suffer more in order for people to think that his government was good; but he is cursed and he will end up in bitter frustration and disappointment. His cronies are also in the Nigerian Senate try to frustrate anything that will bring money to Nigeria. Let us all arise against them at once and flush this evil from the land.

Yar'Adua and Jonathan did amnesty for militants that allowed oil to flow yanfu yanfu. Who is stopping clueless Buhari from doing the same?
Is the APC no longer the majority in the Senate?
Can you please remember to look before you leap i.e. think before you comment.
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by kings09(m): 8:46am On Feb 08, 2017
Customers wey no wan pay nko n they kip complaining of high bills even wen d discos r alredy phasing out d Era of crazy bills. It's a cycle dat will keep going round unless certain things r addressed.
realjoker:
You are right bro and Saraki is also right, Disco have been defaulting from paying for the power they purchase from TCN and whenever Power generation goes above 3500MW they will start rejecting loads, the reason is that they have not improve on bill collection, hence, they can't afford to pay for power generated by Gencos in excess of 3500MW, some of this discos lose as much as 40% in expected revenue on their output.

1 Like

Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by darknetcom: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2017
una want the private sector to build power infrastructure for una that una neglected for 60years....

una are not serious...

una dont understand capitalism...
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by HENRY940: 8:49am On Feb 08, 2017
But the present government is still people from the past government na
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by darknetcom: 8:53am On Feb 08, 2017
seguno2:

Yar'Adua and Jonathan did amnesty for militants that allowed oil to flow yanfu yanfu. Who is stopping clueless Buhari from doing the same?

why should we give criminals money??.

for what??...

13% is not enough...??

does nigeria only survive on oil??..

dont you have to drink and eat too after you sell the oil??...

you want another blockade like in the civil war to find out that you need other nigerians too and not only oil??
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by Saintp(m): 8:55am On Feb 08, 2017
Stelvin101:
All these ones una dey talk nor concern me o. The one I know be say the Clueless Vacuum from Otueke took Nigerian 10 years backward and now the. Cluelest Cow from Daura has shifted us backward more 30 years in less than one administration. Is Nigeria caused or what? Nor be somebori dey rule Austria or Denmark?

Bros, we need to start importing leaders from other countries. We give them KPIs and pay them accordingly. The worst leader in Europe and Asia seems to be better than the best leaders in Africa

1 Like

Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by focus7: 8:56am On Feb 08, 2017
Clueless investors bought power sector from a clueless government of a clueless leader in person Jonathan under a clueless and most corrupt party pdp.
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by blackboy(m): 8:56am On Feb 08, 2017
This Senate President is making noise that is how I see it. As earlier pointed by many; he was part of the last administration wether ACN, PDP , APGA , Senator, House of Rep, Governor etc.

As a former business man I also expect him to talk like a business man. It is not about who bought it buy how it is being managed.

Lets look at Trump. He is a billionaire yet he has investments in several sectors. But his back ground is real estate. It about how you manage the the business. Employing the right hands, paying the worker on time and well. Ensuring the business is run in the best international practice.

Politicians now just want to chop where they didn't chop before or pour sand in other people's garri.

Senate should call the regulators in the sector to order , to be on-top of their job of the sector are working and not just getting their people employed in the DISCOs or getting gifts from the Discos. NLC too should ensure the workers are treated fairly.

1 Like

Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by rolchi(m): 8:56am On Feb 08, 2017
COMPAQ:
I totally disagree WITH Saraki. If anything it is the government that is more clueless!! We started building power plants with limited gas supply, we have no alternative to the ND issue where our gas is, we have no political will to get MDA's to settle outstanding bill running into billions, and we are not courageous enough to find a commercially viable way for NLNG supply more gas to the domestic market.

Thank you. God bless you.

Saraki did not even mention the key issue here which: the cost of gas. The cost of gas is not attractive for any investor to expand by way of pumping in money.

Saraki is just trying to use this opportunity to turn the tide of public outcry against his party.
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by darknetcom: 9:05am On Feb 08, 2017
daveP:
wait what is doing this one this morning?

You smoke Mowe Weed?

what is mowe weed..??..is it good....

1 Like

Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by seguno2: 9:05am On Feb 08, 2017
darknetcom:
why should we give criminals money??.

for what??...

13% is not enough...??

Can you give somebody what he OWNS from the onset?
Think, bro, think.
Before you respond on this point, please research how the regions controlled their own revenue before Nzeogwu's coup and Ironsi's unitary government decree. Then you will understand that 13% is NOTHING.

does nigeria only survive on oil??..

Yes.
Read our budget annually and tell us why it is always a debate about the benchmark price for oil.
What revenue do you think the 774 LGAs, 36 states and federal government share monthly in Abuja from the Federation Account? Groundnut oil, palm oil or cocoa?
Ask yourself also why Buhari said he would "stabilise the price of oil" during his campaign?
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by darknetcom: 9:06am On Feb 08, 2017
Adonkia:
you can never be a good leader

kii.. grin
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by ogologoamu: 9:10am On Feb 08, 2017
shamecurls:
Our Hero, grin Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan did that!

Dude took us 5 decades backwards

What was happening in that sector before GEJ took over?.
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by udeh3(m): 9:10am On Feb 08, 2017
Businessideas:
What's this man saying? Is it discos that blew up gas pipelines delivering gas to power plants? Why can't people say the truth in their life? The power plants are down because they don't have gas and if no power is generated,how does he expect them to deliver electricity to homes? He should hold the senators from the Niger Delta responsible for not doing enough to stop bombing of gas pipelines in their constituencies.
For the past few months, I am yet to finish the Kilowatts of electricity I loaded on my meter because there's hardly light and I wonder how the discos manage to survive when we their customers have not recharged for months yet someone is still blaming them?
It's not their fault and as a matter of fact,they're more of victims of intense political power play. I support the government's move to move over to hydro power generation since the gas power plant is at the mercy of the miscreants that called themselves militants

You spoke well, but as an electrical technologist, hydro-electric power is seasonal. Gas is still the best if the govt are truthful to themselves to remove the bottled neck.

I'm from Delta state. The government knows the problem and also have the solution. Why will a lawyer even held a very professional ministry like power? Nigeria is almost short-circuited by politicians

Godbless Nigeria
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by darknetcom: 9:12am On Feb 08, 2017
in 2012 we still had around 4000mw..

you wailers should stop lying...
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by darknetcom: 9:17am On Feb 08, 2017
seguno2:

Can you give somebody what he OWNS from the onset?
Think, bro, think.
Before you respond on this point, please research how the regions controlled their own revenue before Nzeogwu's coup and Ironsi's unitary government decree. Then you will understand that 13% is NOTHING.

Yes.
Read our budget annually and tell us why it is always a debate about the benchmark price for oil.
What revenue do you think the 774 LGAs, 36 states and federal government share monthly in Abuja from the Federation Account? Groundnut oil, palm oil or cocoa?
Ask yourself also why Buhari said he would "stabilise the price of oil" during his campaign?

look..i was not around at that time..
i was not around when people made deals with each other...
i was not around when devils came on our shores and put me and you toghether..
taking out your anger on me will not solve anything..
you will only make me angry back at you too..
me,am just trying to survive in a crazy world..
you want to change anything,go confront the senate and your elders...
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by Sunmolar(m): 9:19am On Feb 08, 2017
darknetcom:

you can not realy blame the investors...

the power sector was neglected for to long...

it would take billions of dollars to renovate the power sector....

tge infracture was not already on ground or very little..

i would have done it the same way too..

milk it dry and run away...mmm style..

jonathan is a basstard...

I agreed with you 70%. Do you know we have to correct the misdeeds of the past government? You will agree with me that the government that be will soon be past,
Thus, we have to take the right step in the interest of the nation and not individuals who has no regrets when the power sector is grounded. I insist, sacrifices has to be made it doesn't matter whose ox is gored...genco,disquo whatever,whoever is/was involved.
We can't afford to repeat same mistakes year in year out.We can not fold our arms and watch.Those involved in this mess should be called to book,they should be ready to sacrifice some of their capital input otherwise they should face the ambit of the law.This is the SACRIFICE.
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2017
datola:
Clueless investors under clueless government led by clueless president.

We are watching how much or better clueless this PMB administration will amount on or before its four- year term.

LOL you shot yourself, GEJ privatized it and not Buhari? Now will you get lost son of hatred..
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by darknetcom: 9:30am On Feb 08, 2017
Sunmolar:

I agreed with you 70%. Do you know we have to correct the misdeeds of the past government? You will agree with me that the government that be will soon be past,
Thus, we have to take the right step in the interest of the nation and not individuals who has no regrets when the power sector is grounded. I insist, sacrifices has to be made it doesn't matter whose ox is gored...genco,disquo whatever,whoever is/was involved.
We can't afford to repeat same mistakes year in year out.We can not fold our arms and watch.Those involved in this mess should be called to book,they should be ready to sacrifice some of their capital input otherwise they should face the ambit of the law.This is the SACRIFICE.

yea well..this can not be a one man mission..

if the rest of nigeria dont want to get it then...well..

what should i say?...tahhh..

at the end,its still survival of the fittest... undecided...

1 Like

Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by ponti93(m): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2017
udeh3:

You spoke well, but as an electrical technologist, hydro-electric power is seasonal. Gas is still the best if the govt are truthful to themselves to remove the bottled neck.

I'm from Delta state. The government knows the problem and also have the solution. Why will a lawyer even held a very professional ministry like power? Nigeria is almost short-circuited by politicians

Godbless Nigeria
plz sir can you educate me on what is d real reason why we cant generate enough power in this country? I have thought about it for long and my head dey pain me? I really need answers?
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by blank(f): 9:49am On Feb 08, 2017
realjoker:
You are right bro and Saraki is also right, Disco have been defaulting from paying for the power they purchase from TCN and whenever Power generation goes above 3500MW they will start rejecting loads, the reason is that they have not improve on bill collection, hence, they can't afford to pay for power generated by Gencos in excess of 3500MW, some of this discos lose as much as 40% in expected revenue on their output.

They haven't improved on bill collection or people are not paying their bills?
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by blank(f): 9:50am On Feb 08, 2017
Eazybay:
TCN bought by a Canadian firm is clueless

Wea those peepz dat called it the most transparent privatization process??

Tho twas transparent sha

TCN is owned by govt and managed by a Canadian firm.
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by Codes151(m): 9:51am On Feb 08, 2017
shamecurls:
Our Hero, grin Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan did that!

Dude took us 5 decades backwards
okkk!!! Well under gej I saw light o!!

I think those past presidents where clowns cause it was only gej that made us have light until this Buffon came in with his cursed life! Sha it is well! When u vote a clueless uneducated man! Everything n everybody coming in too will be as well uneducated or incompetent

To u gej took u 5decades back!! U must love this man cause u can't let him be! Well to me the problem generally is having past rulers that were north n clueless cuz we now know they don't go to school! Thank God igbos r coming too! Maybe we can see the truth!
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by Codes151(m): 9:53am On Feb 08, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL you shot yourself, GEJ privatized it and not Buhari? Now will you get lost son of hatred..
oga check your facts!
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by murmee: 9:55am On Feb 08, 2017
Businessideas:
What's this man saying? Is it discos that blew up gas pipelines delivering gas to power plants? Why can't people say the truth in their life? The power plants are down because they don't have gas and if no power is generated,how does he expect them to deliver electricity to homes? He should hold the senators from the Niger Delta responsible for not doing enough to stop bombing of gas pipelines in their constituencies.
For the past few months, I am yet to finish the Kilowatts of electricity I loaded on my meter because there's hardly light and I wonder how the discos manage to survive when we their customers have not recharged for months yet someone is still blaming them?
It's not their fault and as a matter of fact,they're more of victims of intense political power play. I support the government's move to move over to hydro power generation since the gas power plant is at the mercy of the miscreants that called themselves militants
What caught my attention is the paragraph where you said you have not exhausted your meter credit in months and you wonder how the discos manage to survive.

My dear, I can tell you for free that the discos survive on Estimated Bills. That is the reason they (Discos) especially Ikeja Disco, do not want to reduce the number of people on Estimated bills by providing prepaid meters. When they can make the majority of Nigerians pay for darkness, why would they want to buy energy from Gencos to supply to you. All Nigerians on Estimated Bills must reject this MENACE by saying enough is enough!!!
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by netflicks(m): 9:59am On Feb 08, 2017
darknetcom:

work on empty pocket??..

tell me,can you go on the streets to buy akara on empty pocket?..

the ministers are telling you their is not enough money and you are calling them names...

what make una think jonathan would have done better without reducing the external reserves even more to please you??..

do you believe in magic drums??...

Do u really believe them?
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by Akainzo(m): 11:23am On Feb 08, 2017
netflicks:
No my dear, the failure was because the minister of power is a SAN that knows nothing about power generation and dispensation...wen they ask Buhari can u fix this human parts together Buhari said "yes"...Ok start! He carry hand put as leg den put leg as hand.. .tell me can the leg do the job of the hand? Yet we expect the Nigerian system to work with misplaced professions.. ..i laugh cheesy

Na wa for una. And if checked now, we would be shocked that you went to school to acquire education.

So Ben Bruce should be a movie producer before he could run SilverBird and Obama should have been a graduate of Political Science to be President. In fact one should be a Chef before he can manage Mr Biggs, and the CEO of Nigerian Bottling Company should be what to manage the company?

Your education should have taught you that there is a difference between MANAGEMENT and shop floor workers, engineers, admins staff, etc!
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by Akainzo(m): 11:39am On Feb 08, 2017
seguno2:

So you went to school to accept that a Corper be paid 18,600 but a militant should continue to earn 65,000 to ensure you get oil in your country. Na wa!
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by seguno2: 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2017
Akainzo:
So you went to school to accept that a Corper be paid 18,600 but a militant should continue to earn 65,000 to ensure you get oil in your country. Na wa!

Firstly, a corper is like a VOLUNTEER or intern who is on national SERVICE.
Secondly, a senator collects mega millions monthly for doing what compared to a corper or militant?
If you want to pick any fight about wages, please know who you should face.
Thanks.

Segun
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by Akainzo(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
seguno2:

Firstly, a corper is like a VOLUNTEER or intern who is on national SERVICE.
Secondly, a senator collects mega millions monthly for doing what compared to a corper or militant?
If you want to pick any fight about wages, please know who you should face.
Thanks.

Segun

What is the qualification for being a Senator or a Corper? What is the qualification for being a militant?

You can as well ask what Dangote does compared to what his truck driver does daily.
Re: Clueless Investors Bought Over Nigeria’s Power Sector – Saraki by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Plans To Sell Party Membership, Ministrial Slots For Being Cash-strapped / President Buhari Still Avoiding Aso Rock Office: 81 Days After / Wike Donates N100 Million For The Scholarship Of Children Of Dead Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.