Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) (53031 Views)

Stop Your Campaigns For My Re-election For Now, Buhari Tells Supporters / Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo / Throwback Pictures Of "Where Is Umaru Yar'adua?" Protest In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by Adminisher: 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2017
ivandragon:

well, that is probably out of our hands, if it turns out that PMB is truly incapacitated... at least until 2019...

but on a very personal note, I think Osibanjo has the intellect to perform 'better' than PMB... that is if the core north doesn't start another BH to create problems.

I hope you are talking real intellect and not paper qualifications.

Every young person below the age of 45 has this wrong notion that "intellect"( as evidenced by a high degree) is an advantage in leadership.
It is very wrong.
Presidency is an executive position, Courage, Decision making, Maturity, human management, management of perception and management of mass emotion.

If however you are going to be Adviser, SSA, SA and so on to the president, a higher degree in your field may help.

2 Likes

Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by onatisi(m): 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
Legalaffairs:
He should be served with the same plates he washed for another. ASAP. He so much reasoned well here. Let the nation assembly head this call for his sake now.
Don't mind the dullard president. He was brain sick when he was running his mouth all over yar adua then. These apc govt is just plain disgusting and annoying . They have really ridiculed the intelligence of Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by onatisi(m): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
ivandragon:

well, that is probably out of our hands, if it turns out that PMB is truly incapacitated... at least until 2019...

but on a very personal note, I think Osibanjo has the intellect to perform 'better' than PMB... that is if the core north doesn't start another BH to create problems.
Osinbajo is and will be worse than buhari but Nigerians have no choice

1 Like

Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by ancientbanana: 1:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
Wat goes around comes around.
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by goodnews777: 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
Well some you impeach, others God does.
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by olayanju22(m): 2:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
pmb said that statement 4 months after Yar'adua left Nigeria WITHOUT handing over.

One person of integrity and brain will check the date.
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by Apoztl3(m): 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

You did not understand what he said there. YarAdua had failed to abide by the constitution and thus left a vacuum which inadvertently led to chaos. Buhari was calling for intervention from House of Reps (the people have the mandate to impeach a president if he has failed to carry out the obligations of oath)

In Buhari's case there's no need for intervention, he has already done what is constitutionally required ahead of his incapacitation.

Do you get it now?

Few years from now we will look back and realize that Buhari is a father and blessing for the nation. The man is very transparent.
I guess "Oxford Dictionary" has just changed the meaning of Transparency.
Transparency indeed
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by Damsman10(m): 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
jhydebaba:
whatever we do today becomes history tomorrow... wow! impeach Buhari now.

some pple occupation na 2 dey dig others history, lol
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by sexysailor(m): 2:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
so what will happened to him now,he should resign as well
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by Jlow2: 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
karma is a nigerian.
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by BraniacX(m): 3:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
dominique:

That's because you refuse to see the sense in it. If Buhari was asking his fellow northerner (from same state o) to step down for a southerner to take over, then he is not the tribal bigot that he has been portrayed to be. Understood?

The northerner that he lost to? Right! undecided bigot first, no make that vindictive bigot! Sambo dasuki can attest to it
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by Anaconda76: 3:17pm On Feb 08, 2017
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.....its funny that the same people in Katsina state that wanted Yaradua impeached due to his ill health are the same people turning a deaf ear to Buhari's ill heath. #hipocrisy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by LorDBolton(m): 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
shammah1:
Yar'adua was a huge threat for him than anyone at that point. If he was still alive, he'll still be voted for over Buhari many times. How in your sense of reasoning won't you know that Buhari is a huge shameless bigot? He thought northern votes were enough for him to win elections which he couldn't get much because of late Yar'adua. Jonathan gave him the shocker of his life when he defeated him hands down back in 2011. Let karma serve him right

So believing "northern votes" will be enough to help one win an election...makes him/her a bigot?

Very interesting
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by judondasylva(m): 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2017
Now no one is asking the fool to resign
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by BraniacX(m): 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
dominique:

That's stretching it a bit. There is no way he could have known that he was going to defeat GEJ five years prior. He was just expressing the same concern every Nigerian had back then.

And echoing him, we are expressing similar concerns he had back then that every Nigerian (except you of course undecided) has right now that he should show up and resume at the helm of affairs again, resign or be impeached! undecided

Chikena!! angry

Is that so hard to understand?
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by ivandragon: 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2017
Adminisher:

I hope you are talking real intellect and not paper qualifications.

Every young person below the age of 45 has this wrong notion that "intellect"( as evidenced by a high degree) is an advantage in leadership.
It is very wrong.
Presidency is an executive position, Courage, Decision making, Maturity, human management, management of perception and management of mass emotion.

If however you are going to be Adviser, SSA, SA and so on to the president, a higher degree in your field may help.

a man who was instrumental to Lagos state weathering the 'local government storm' cannot be said not to have 'real intellect'.

this same man sent Magu's name for confirmation despite the intrigues & he is set to do same for Onnoghen, so I see some courage.

his request that the protest be allowed to hold shows some maturity...

but then again... true power does some nasty things to those who wield it...
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by ivandragon: 4:38pm On Feb 08, 2017
onatisi:

Osinbajo is and will be worse than buhari but Nigerians have no choice

hmm... hard to argue with you... you always seem to know something most people don't...
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by ivandragon: 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
prince088:

U probably have eye problem or u have comprehension problems. Maybe u go back to ur first quote and read properly this time around. Ur epistle of garbage was actually needless, and baseless as related to what u quoted. Lol.
U ain't as smart as u think u are. U are the one twisting kid. Learn to read and comprehend, u goofed from the very beginning when u quoted me cheesy

who quoted who first?

please just take your cluelessness & go elsewhere.

forming 'knowledgeable' when you know nothing.
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by onatisi(m): 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
ivandragon:

hmm... hard to argue with you... you always seem to know something most people don't...
Bros believe me,as dull as buhari is ,he is still far far better than osinbajo.
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by shammah1(m): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2017
Na. It's very clear for you to see
LorDBolton:

So believing "northern votes" will be enough to help one win an election...makes him/her a bigot?

Very interesting
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by prince088: 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
ivandragon:

who quoted who first?

please just take your cluelessness & go elsewhere.

forming 'knowledgeable' when you know nothing.

Lol. I am sure u have realised ur mumuish blunder. cheesy

Learn to read and comprehend next time. Lol
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by dragonking2: 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2017
dominique:

That's stretching it a bit. There is no way he could have known that he was going to defeat GEJ five years prior. He was just expressing the same concern every Nigerian had back then.
What he tried doing was to oust the president whom he sees as the major threat.. He did it to yaradua and GEJ.. Also, Buhari doesn't care about Nigeria.. that's a fact.. a man that doesn't listen to his ministers, advisers and experts is self centered that's why he threatened that baboons and dog will be soaked in blood if he doesn't win.. he nevers cared about Nigeria.

Sorry my response is late..na work
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by ivandragon: 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2017
prince088:

Lol. I am sure u have realised ur mumuish blunder. cheesy

Learn to read and comprehend next time. Lol

I think you give a new meaning to the term 'savant'.

you can't reason & neither are you coherent.

you must simply be a retarded agent provocateur...

again I ask, who quoted who first? figure that out & you would be on your way to retrieving the little sense you ever had.
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by prince088: 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2017
ivandragon:

I think you give a new meaning to the term 'savant'.

you can't reason & neither are you coherent.

you must simply be a retarded agent provocateur...

again I ask, who quoted who first? figure that out & you would be on your way to retrieving the little sense you ever had.

Bro. U need to work on your comprehension skills. Even a JSS student can do better. This is not about who quoted who First. Its about ur first quote to me where i said power was not handed over to Jonathan during Yar'adua regime. This caused peoblem with the budget cos Jonathan as a VP could not sign it. But Turai and her cabal came with one forged signature, claiming Yaradua signed it. But with Osibanjo as an actiing president b4 the president went on vacation, the case is different. Now check ur response to me after that and see it was just an Epistle of garbage.I hope after explaining to your weak brain, u will start making more sense?
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by ivandragon: 3:33am On Feb 09, 2017
prince088:

Bro. U need to work on your comprehension skills. Even a JSS student can do better. This is not about who quoted who First. Its about ur first quote to me where i said power was not handed over to Jonathan during Yar'adua regime. This caused peoblem with the budget cos Jonathan as a VP could not sign it. But Turai and her cabal came with one forged signature, claiming Yaradua signed it. But with Osibanjo as an actiing president b4 the president went on vacation, the case is different. Now check ur response to me after that and see it was just an Epistle of garbage.I hope after explaining to your weak brain, u will start making more sense?

https://www.nairaland.com/365326/yaraduas-illness-jonathan-refuses-sign

read the link above & see how silly you are.

GEJ himself declined to sign the budget & not that he 'could not' as you so erroneously put it. it was a personal decision. if he 'could not' sign it, the NASS won't have sent the budget to the presidency for assent, they would have waited till YarAdua returned & FEC meetings would not have been held.

in the 'controversial' absence of the president, the vice president is automatically empowered to act as contained in section 146(1) of the Nigerian constitution & this is independent of the provisions of section 145 of the same constitution.

so that GEJ backed down from doing somethings during the period was more of a personal decision & is the same way Osibanjo would refrain from carrying out some actions because he might not want to rock the boat too much.

now let's stretch this your twisted logic a bit-

fact 1- PMB went on a 10 day vacation.

fact 2- he was to resume 6/2/17.

this would mean that his vacation started 27/1/17. but we all know he left the country between 19-21/1/17.

so by your reasoning, between 19/21-26/1/17, Nigeria was without a president? see the constitution on this matter abhors a vacuum regardless of the circumstances.

I gave an instance in an organisation which you ignored because you are just a rudderless child who doesn't know what it means to work in an organised environment.

I know you cannot reason logically, but try to use your senses as often as you can & stop being a dunce.

& on the acting or not issue, my first comment clearly states my position on it, its not about acting, its about knowing the true situation of things so that government can focus & not be bogged down with conspiracies.
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by prince088: 8:19am On Feb 09, 2017
ivandragon:

https://www.nairaland.com/365326/yaraduas-illness-jonathan-refuses-sign

read the link above & see how silly you are.

GEJ himself declined to sign the budget & not that he 'could not' as you so erroneously put it. it was a personal decision. if he 'could not' sign it, the NASS won't have sent the budget to the presidency for assent, they would have waited till YarAdua returned & FEC meetings would not have been held.

in the 'controversial' absence of the president, the vice president is automatically empowered to act as contained in section 146(1) of the Nigerian constitution & this is independent of the provisions of section 145 of the same constitution.

so that GEJ backed down from doing somethings during the period was more of a personal decision & is the same way Osibanjo would refrain from carrying out some actions because he might not want to rock the boat too much.

now let's stretch this your twisted logic a bit-

fact 1- PMB went on a 10 day vacation.

fact 2- he was to resume 6/2/17.

this would mean that his vacation started 27/1/17. but we all know he left the country between 19-21/1/17.

so by your reasoning, between 19/21-26/1/17, Nigeria was without a president? see the constitution on this matter abhors a vacuum regardless of the circumstances.

I gave an instance in an organisation which you ignored because you are just a rudderless child who doesn't know what it means to work in an organised environment.

I know you cannot reason logically, but try to use your senses as often as you can & stop being a dunce.

& on the acting or not issue, my first comment clearly states my position on it, its not about acting, its about knowing the true situation of things so that government can focus & not be bogged down with conspiracies.

Loooooooooool. Stop reasoning like a toddler.

Only the first paragraph of the article u wanted me to read is enough. Are u sure u even read to comprehend at all. U are arguing blindly and foolishly. cheesy. U are not making a single sense.

What is the fuss about leaving on Thursday? Normal working day is Monday to Friday even for the president. Saturday and Sundays are weekends for his just as like for u and me.

The President can go on a short trip and direct the VP to attend to matters that does not need an executive decision as the president. But over a prolonged period like the Yaradua scenario, there is a big vacuum, all executive decisions like signing of budget are suspended because only A PRESIDENT can do that. So if power is transmitted to the VP as acting President, he immediately has executive powers of the President, but still acting except section 146 comes to play, the VP office becomes vacant, because the Acting President will have to be sworn in as a substantiatve President, and appoint a new VP.

This is the same Constitution u are quoting

146. (1) The Vice-President shall hold the office of President if the office of President becomes vacant by reason of death or resignation, impeachment, permanent incapacity or the removal of the President from office for any other reason in accordance with section 143 of this Constitution

So what exactly is your point? Which of this factor came to play during the Yaradua's scenario. Permanent incapability can only be determined by 2/3 NASS after it has been medically established that the president is permanently incable.

It was not a matter of personal decision, it was matter of Constitution. The only person that can sign the Appropriation bill into Law is the President. The Constitution does not empower a Vice to that that. If Jonathan was the acting president then, he could have signed easily.

Comparing an organization to a federal republic, is a very silly and myopic thing to do. I deliberately ignored the folly, but since u wanted me to talk i will. I can't even believe a literate will be making such comparisons. An organization can have their own internal rules or code of conduct. A country its governed by her constitution. Don't ever make such comparisons in a public place in other not to ridicule yourself.

Honestly, it is now an established fact that u are just an online troll, who is getting into things way beyond his mental capacity. Comparing an organization to a country is just a seal to that fact.

I hope u have some education today, so u don't keep embarrassing yourself.
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by ivandragon: 9:23am On Feb 09, 2017
prince088:

Loooooooooool. Stop reasoning like a toddler.

Only the first paragraph of the article u wanted me to read is enough. Are u sure u even read to comprehend at all. U are arguing blindly and foolishly. cheesy. U are not making a single sense.

What is the fuss about leaving on Thursday? Normal working day is Monday to Friday even for the president. Saturday and Sundays are weekends for his just as like for u and me.

The President can go on a short trip and direct the VP to attend to matters that does not need an executive decision as the president. But over a prolonged period like the Yaradua scenario, there is a big vacuum, all executive decisions like signing of budget are suspended because only A PRESIDENT can do that. So if power is transmitted to the VP as acting President, he immediately has executive powers of the President, but still acting except section 146 comes to play, the VP office becomes vacant, because the Acting President will have to be sworn in as a substantiatve President, and appoint a new VP.

This is the same Constitution u are quoting

146. (1) The Vice-President shall hold the office of President if the office of President becomes vacant by reason of death or resignation, impeachment, permanent incapacity or the removal of the President from office for any other reason in accordance with section 143 of this Constitution

So what exactly is your point? Which of this factor came to play during the Yaradua's scenario. Permanent incapability can only be determined by 2/3 NASS after it has been medically established that the president is permanently incable.

It was not a matter of personal decision, it was matter of Constitution. The only person that can sign the Appropriation bill into Law is the President. The Constitution does not empower a Vice to that that. If Jonathan was the acting president then, he could have signed easily.

Comparing an organization to a federal republic, is a very silly and myopic thing to do. I deliberately ignored the folly, but since u wanted me to talk i will. I can't even believe a literate will be making such comparisons. An organization can have their own internal rules or code of conduct. A country its governed by her constitution. Don't ever make such comparisons in a public place in other not to ridicule yourself.

Honestly, it is now an established fact that u are just an online troll, who is getting into things way beyond his mental capacity. Comparing an organization to a country is just a seal to that fact.

I hope u have some education today, so u don't keep embarrassing yourself.

well, at least we have established the fact that you can't read or reason appropriately.

you are the one embarrassing yourself with deluded reasoning & making a mountain out of a molehill.

what do you know about society? do you think countries just come into existence?

go & read books on social contract. read books by Rousseau & Locke, then come back here let's see if you have learnt anything.

society is predicated on a structure & it is that structure that gives rise to communities & then countries/nations.

so using a well ordered organisation that exist within a larger structure & has similar characteristic as an example is appropriate but of course you won't understand that because you are being breastfed or at best a tout for politicians who revel in chaos.

look, you are too dumb to comprehend issues beyond your grasp. so no need wasting my time on you. based on your wrapped logic, Osibanjo can act for the next 2 years simply because PMB wrote a letter that the VP should act.

people often say nairaland is populated by dullards, I guess you are one of the more advanced ones...
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by prince088: 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
ivandragon:

well, at least we have established the fact that you can't read or reason appropriately.

you are the one embarrassing yourself with deluded reasoning & making a mountain out of a molehill.

what do you know about society? do you think countries just come into existence?

go & read books on social contract. read books by Rousseau & Locke, then come back here let's see if you have learnt anything.

society is predicated on a structure & it is that structure that gives rise to communities & then countries/nations.

so using a well ordered organisation that exist within a larger structure & has similar characteristic as an example is appropriate but of course you won't understand that because you are being breastfed or at best a tout for politicians who revel in chaos.

look, you are too dumb to comprehend issues beyond your grasp. so no need wasting my time on you. based on your wrapped logic, Osibanjo can act for the next 2 years simply because PMB wrote a letter that the VP should act.

people often say nairaland is populated by dullards, I guess you are one of the more advanced ones...

Lool.

Off point.

How does this inconsequential epistle relate to what we are discussing?

I give up on u!
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by Moheat(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2017
Karma is a Nigerian who lives in Asp Rock
Re: Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) by LordOfNaira: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2017
igbalodehunter:

YarAdua had failed to abide by the constitution and thus left a vacuum which inadvertently led to chaos. ....Pls What Was The Constitution Lt. YarAdua Failed to Abide to that Left a Vacuum Which Inadvertently Led to Chaos That PMB Abided To.

He failed to transfer all constitutional powers unto his Vice (Jonathan) which prevented Jonathan from acting out his role as Acting President in deeds.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare Lists The Enemies Of Nigeria / Amaechi Pictured From Behind Running To Get Things Ready 4 GMB's Chatham Outing / The New Look Of Ojodu Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.