Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me (32120 Views)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Diamond Bank Reverses The Stamp Duty Charge After These Tweets To Them / Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Fogman(m): 11:35am On Feb 08, 2017
Received same this morning when I worked up. I thought stamp duty is N50. Cant imagine how many millions they have made with this deduction from millions of their customers.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Ophilabraham: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2017
See recession,,,, me also bought #200 card twice and was debited but not given,, hence I stop paying on mobile money..
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Brightology2(m): 11:36am On Feb 08, 2017
sweetboiy:
their charge less? As in all this unnecessary charges
go for zenith bank
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nick4life: 11:37am On Feb 08, 2017
If na me I go enter the bnk and demand to see ll the documents wre them stamp. Each transaction na #50. We go do the maths if e no reach 800 I sue them for deliberate theft
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Vikkiboi(m): 11:37am On Feb 08, 2017
I have been charged 950 this month alone, last month's own was outrageous too angry

Nonsense bank

Time to close dis account.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Ishilove: 11:40am On Feb 08, 2017
sweetboiy:
my account is a savings account. Firstbank charges me N50 for stamp duty and am OK with it but this N800 is too much
They once charged me 2000 for Stamp duty. Yesterday they charged me 350 and thts because I have just 600 in that account. cheesy

Diamond bank thievery is on a whole other level
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by recievesense: 11:40am On Feb 08, 2017
if u did transfers at the bank, they can charge u stamp duty. Your chequebook has stamp duty already so u re not charged for it if u use it for an instruction to the bank. but if u use their form you will be charged and this is a different charge from deposit charge of N50

(2) The duties charged under this Act shall be accounted for in a manner to be prescribed in proper case
by the Minister after consultation with the Governors of the States.
(3) The functions under this Act shall be respectively confined to matters in respect of which the
Government of the Federation and the Government of such State shall be competent to make laws:
Provided that nothing herein shall be interpreted as preventing the appointment by the President and
by a Governor of the same person to be both a Federal and a State commissioner under section 6 of this
Act.
4. Stamping and collection of duties on corporate instruments
(1) The Federal Government shall be the only competent authority to impose, charge and collect duties
upon instruments specified in the Schedule to this Act if such instrument relates to matters executed
between a company and an individual, group or body of individuals.

(2) The State Governments shall collect duties in respect of instruments executed between persons or
individuals at such rates to be imposed or charged as may be agreed with the Federal Government.
(3) In this section, “company” includes banks and other financial institutions.

1 Like

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 08, 2017
Viking007:
Actually, they don't charge me at all, not even for SMS. I run a special type of savings account. grin

You opened it with intercontinental right?

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by princejenks(m): 11:43am On Feb 08, 2017
I experienced something similar even on a savings account though a follow up message was sent by the same bank detailing the period of time for which the deduction covered,three months in my case
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Q3(m): 11:46am On Feb 08, 2017
Nice observation, i guess it has to do with the volume of transactions carried out in d month in question.
Visit customer care rep 4 better explanation.

Lesser charges. ... Try Zenith bank but dont expect any interest
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Mayor38(m): 11:47am On Feb 08, 2017
Now this is why i rather but bitcoin and keeo than leave money in my bank account. thiefz holla 08065190885 for info
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by kunlap02(m): 11:49am On Feb 08, 2017
I got stamp duty debit almost four times under 1 week from diamond bank
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Sankabson(m): 11:55am On Feb 08, 2017
I've been receiving the same message here. Just that they're deducting #50 daily for Stamp Duty. I've been trying to reach them for days now..

Sanusi..
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by rossyc(f): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2017
Diamond banks are gradually turning to thieves, unnecessary charges here & There, will dump there ass soonest... So annoying..

2 Likes

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by alt3r3g0: 11:59am On Feb 08, 2017
sweetboiy:
Can you guys imagine the outstrageous amount Diamond Bank charge me as stamp duty fee? This is too much.
Please what do I do? This is too much for me to bear in this present state of the economy.
Lalasticlala please move this to the frontpage for a wider view.
Thanks.

I have stopped using them in January.

I was operating an exclusive account until they took away the perks i signed up for i.e Access to fx at bank rate and credit card.

Yet they keep charging me. This month alone i have been charged twice for stamp duty.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
I was charged 150

1 Like

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
They are big thieves i am chatting online with them and have blasted on twitter they charged me over NGN 3000 for a savings account in two days. I have moved my funds out and i will close account. Thieves yet they scream MMM is fraudulent. They charge me over NGN 300 for sms charge i initially ignored but not anymore.

1 Like

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by NkayTiana(f): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
Like 100 Naira per week is what am charged...
Wicked bank
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Pritycrystal(f): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
Just like I woke up to c 500 debited for same stamp wateva. Diamond Bank if I curse dem 4 dis recession, e go catch dem.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by donJ2(m): 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2017
sweetboiy:
Can you guys imagine the outstrageous amount Diamond Bank charge me as stamp duty fee? This is too much.
Please what do I do? This is too much for me to bear in this present state of the economy.
Lalasticlala please move this to the frontpage for a wider view.
Thanks.

Bros my own na 1k +. If they dont , me a tangible reason, I am calling my lawyers.

After someone wz paid 5million for unsolicited sms, to sue person just dey hungry me anyhow

1 Like

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by stockbear: 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2017
same here..they charged me 250 last week,another 250 yesterday...This guys are thieves
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2017
Am on the way to their branch now. If they don't refund me, I will close the account straight and continue with my FirstBank... Those of you saying I made 16 transactions are crazy. Only 2 person paid into my account for GHW. I only transfer from my other account(firstbank) to diamond...
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by swagkingcole(m): 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2017
Before i say anything

Have u been debited for any stamp duty charges this year?

if not then u just paid for everything..
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
Access bank straight..
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
swagkingcole:
Before i say anything

Have u been debited for any stamp duty charges this year?

if not then u just paid for everything..
they charge me 100 Beginning of January and 100 at the end... But FirstBank only charge me 50 since while GTbank charge me nothing since
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by PhrettySekinat(f): 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
Guys you need to educate yourselves about CBN Regulations - Banking and Financial Sector

CBN mandated all banks like some months ago to be charging #50 on all deposits that hit your account - cash or transfers

So it means you had a total of 16 deposits/transfer into your account but my bank takes their own charge per transaction not lump sum.

You should still seek further explanations from them though.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2017
Brightology2:
go for zenith bank
do they charge less?
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2017
PhrettySekinat:
Guys you need to educate yourselves about CBN Regulations - Banking and Financial Sector

CBN mandated all banks like some months ago to be charging #50 on all deposits that hit your account - cash or transfers

So it means you had a total of 16 deposits/transfer into your account but my bank takes their own charge per transaction not lump sum.

You should still seek further explanations from them though.
see, anytime I received payment from a third party, they do minus N50 for stamp duty. Am not complaining about the CBN stuff.. But while are they still charging me again?
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by sasxy(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2017
AV ALSO BEEN DEBITED #100 THIS CURRENT WEEK FOR STAMP DUTY STUPID BANK.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by nenergy(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2017
sweetboiy:
Seriously guys, I woke up to see this message and felt like crying... Which other bank is better?
They are all crooks. Find and stick with any lesser crook. E.g GTBank They recently reversed an ATM maintenance fee double charged on my account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Folorunso Alakija Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today (Photos) / "Still A Mummy’s Boy" - Femi Otedola Says As He Visits His Mum / Banks Sack 110 Top Executives, Others Over N82bn Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.