Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? (7014 Views)

Hitv To Ban Viewing Centres / Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. / For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by excogobs: 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2009
I am an introvert but have quite number of friends, most of them love football. I have alwayas enjoy watching football on my own in order to prevent interruption . I have gotten so many invtations from a number of friends to watch matches at viewing centres which have turned down times without numbers. last weekend i got an invitation which i honoued and i must confess i enjoyed every moment that i spent watching the match between <arsenal and man city> because it was extremely comical in nature. pls comrades share your experince in the viewing centres.

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by akinalabi(m): 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2009
If you're talking about those rowdy, noisy, stuffy centers, count me out.

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by abrahym(m): 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2009
i prefer to watch match in public it the best. filled with laughter and sorrow
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by Abdblues(m): 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2009
I had never thought of going to these really local viewing centres until i fell short of my DSTV payment a couple of years back and i had to make do with one of those viewing centres and i have been a regular visitor to these centres, what i find most interesting is the argument and the name calling!
I picked up a few:
Cisse  -  Babalawo
Clichy -  Kilisi
Ferdinand -  Igbo!!!!!
Obertan  -   Igun!!!!!
Aladierre  -  Aladiye

3 Likes

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by ednut1(m): 11:57am On Dec 30, 2009
Guy 4get it viewing center are d bomb. D argument part is crazy bt i just watch, when eg man u v bolton play and bolton score u see fans of otha top 4 celebrate in estasy and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by semid4lyfe(m): 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2009
Abdblues:

I had never thought of going to these really local viewing centres until i fell short of my DSTV payment a couple of years back and i had to make do with one of those viewing centres and i have been a regular visitor to these centres, what i find most interesting is the argument and the name calling!
I picked up a few:
Cisse  -  Babalawo
Clichy -  Kilisi
Ferdinand -  Igbo!!!!!
Obertan  -   Igun!!!!!
Aladierre  -  Aladiye

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2012
Viewin centre's d best. Evrybody's an analyst. Full of funny comments, mockery n passion. At d end evry1 is frnd...

2 Likes

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by kingsilly(m): 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2012
viewing centre rocks
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by nlofficial(m): 11:23pm On Apr 15, 2012
Viewing centre is da bomb, you'll get to meet real idiots and sentimental fans and then, sentimental arguments grin...and when your team scores, you'll really feel it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by igbo2011(m): 11:28pm On Apr 15, 2012
We need to start watching more of the Nigerian premier league. This will develop Nigeria's economy. http://www.nigerianedp.com/sports/

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by nlofficial(m): 11:36pm On Apr 15, 2012
igbo2011: We need to start watching more of the Nigerian premier league. This will develop Nigeria's economy. http://www.nigerianedp.com/sports/

Are you alright? Come on guy, we've seen better football. It's just like advising me to go and get a 1979 beetle car. WTF!!!

Before Nigerians will have interest in the Nigerian league, the whatever association must develop it first.

3 Likes

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 15, 2012
op am not a football fan, and will not waste my time on it. But from what I could tell it sure would be like coming to Nairaland. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by faboulicious(m): 11:40pm On Apr 15, 2012
viewing centres is d place to be i can assure u your worries will temporarily b forgotten.it rocks.
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by dabrake(m): 11:45pm On Apr 15, 2012
Abdblues: I had never thought of going to these really local viewing centres until i fell short of my DSTV payment a couple of years back and i had to make do with one of those viewing centres and i have been a regular visitor to these centres, what i find most interesting is the argument and the name calling!
I picked up a few:
Cisse  -  Babalawo
Clichy -  Kelechi
Ferdinand -  Igbo!!!!!
Obertan  -   malaria!!!!!
Aladierre  -  Aladiye
fixed. . .
Nasri = nasiru
fabregas = fabre-pass.
Oxlade-chamberlain = oxblade-chamberslay
walcott = ewa ikot(meaning bush dog in my dialet)
drogba = edidem(king)
gervinho = ebor(giant forehead)
szczesny = vowel phobic
. . .
More to come.
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by Fairgodwin(m): 11:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
I remember when I operated a viewing centre myself, and hard to show mostly, EPL matches and then go somewhere else where we have plenty of la liga fans to watch my own team play. Whenever it was champions league (match) time, and we (I and a couple of friends) have to watch it at home, they usually turn out to be boring moments, believe me. But now, I wouldn't trade (going to) viewing centers for the (private) presidential lounge! A trial will convince you all.
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by msb247(m): 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2012
rotflmao! i never watched soccer in any viewing centre. i watch at home with my brothers and i enjoy it so much. not long ago, i travelled and there was no dstv where i was so i almost went to a viewing centre but i didnt know of any and before i knew it, time was up! i only watched the highlights online though. i later thanked God i couldn't watch it cos it was when we (arsenal) lost 2-1 to QPR at the loftus road stadium.
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by Eltonluigi(m): 12:05am On Apr 16, 2012
Love watching tv while sitting in a couch and legs on table.
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by brite01(m): 12:10am On Apr 16, 2012
I never regret watching matches at viewing, if you are depressed, heart-broken or you have herpertension- just visit that place your problems are solved, its never a dull moments!!!
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:12am On Apr 16, 2012
1, 2, boko's coming for you. 3, 4, you better start watching football at home. 5, 6, last thing you'll hear is, "BOOM!!!"

2 Likes

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by dayokanu(m): 1:28am On Apr 16, 2012
hmmm
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by deandavid(m): 3:24am On Apr 16, 2012
ehn? If i hearam... No go there o. Viewin centres u cnt compare d fun, xcitement. I've tried d 2,believe me,watchin match at home is OYO,no argument,no shoutin,no fake or real analysis,no noise,no fun jor. Viewin centre is da bomb
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by acidtalk: 5:00am On Apr 16, 2012
Not a football freak as such, but the few moments I have watch matches in gatterings its usually at lounges I.e Parlours, Underground, La Posh, Green Court, Angels etc. Most of these places are usually filled with supposed "big boys" as such everyone acting up not to appear being local.

From the comments I have read, I think it is real fun watching in some local viewing centre.

Local viewing centres will sure be like the early morning vendor stand, where everyone is an analyst with different stupi*d and rib cracking comments.
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by obongtunji: 5:03am On Apr 16, 2012
There are matches i watch in my house and sometimes i go to viewing centers to catch fun, such as argument, sentimental fans, fanatics fans, mockery, goal celebration and even nick naming some footballers, here in the north we have nick names like
ferdinand-kwaya(drug addict)
Torres-wayo kudina(oh my money)
Van nisteroy-rago(ram)
C. Ronaldo-kuri(efizy)
ashley Cole-gwanjon arsenal(arsenal' bendown select)
Henry-14, 14(a big mercedes benz vehicle)
Arjen Robben-roba(plastic robot)
Zidane-baba
Crouch-itache(sticks)
Gerrard-general
Rooney-dan sarauniya(queen's son)
Messi-aljani(ghost)

For clubs we have name like;
Man Utd-P.D.P
Arsenal-guba(poison)
Real Madrid-madara(milk)

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by gbogboti: 5:14am On Apr 16, 2012
nl.official:
Viewing centre is da bomb, you'll get to meet real idiots and sentimental fans and then, sentimental arguments grin...and when your team scores, you'll really feel it.
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by kingDavid5(m): 5:17am On Apr 16, 2012
If those stuffy, choking and indecent viewing centres discourages you, then all you've got to do is to locate a modest and decorous one in your area. You will meet responsible people, elder men, avid and enthusiastic fans, crazy arguers, mockers ... the list is countless and you don't want to be the team behind this chorus "One by one/ dem don dey go..." that is when your team has lost woefully(e.g TOT-CHE FA CUP 2day or MANU-MAN CITY first leg) and you can't withstand the humiliation any more and decide to leave b4 final whistle...mehn u go nearly stumble if dem start that song the moment u get and approach the door with ur face down and shoulders down in disappointment hehehe...No doubt a viewing centre is just the place to be because u'll definitely get more value for ur gate pass.

4 Likes

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 16, 2012
Am a man utd fan.. Nothing crack me up more than watching United matches in a viewing centre & with the scream of 'PDP' from opposing fans each time a decision goes our way
Trust United fans around to respond by shouting 'POWER'

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by Homar(m): 6:32am On Apr 16, 2012
The reason i dont like watching match in viewing centre is cause they dont show bundesliga . Only bayern dortmund . But anyways it always rock .
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by YoursGEJ(m): 6:48am On Apr 16, 2012
haha...i never miss going to viewing centres whenever I can. I was at one during a game and this Man U fan behind me kept arguing that he had watched a game where the ball possession was 80-30 (not 70-30 ooo) in favour of Man U. Everything people tried to make him see that 80-30 meant 110% proved futile and everyone gave up.

1 Like

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by Digriz(m): 6:49am On Apr 16, 2012
I watch champions league at home bt premier league at viewing centres,bt to tel u d truth,if DSTV cn bring d price to 4k a month,i bet u many wl pay and watch at home.
I dnt like watchn nite matches at viewing centres bt i nw manage to do it if its my club.
So, i enjoy viewing centres smtimes too bt enjoy sitting on my couch watching d match.
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by charlsecy4(m): 7:34am On Apr 16, 2012
Viewing centres are fun, but not in an area "supervised" by Boko Haram!

2 Likes

Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by timbros(m): 7:34am On Apr 16, 2012
tonyfrenzy: Viewin centre's d best. Evrybody's an analyst. Full of funny comments, mockery n passion. At d end evry1 is frnd...
GBAM!
Re: Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled? by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 16, 2012
I don't know what you mean by 'viewing centres', but I always watch my matches in bars/lounges where I can enjoy a few bottles of beer while watching the game alongside fellow football enthusiasts. It's incredible fun, with different kinds of people spewing different comments. I love it when supporters of a team start leaving a bar in annoyance when their team is being battered (e.g. Man U's 8 - 2 wallop of Arsenal). . .and the winning team's supporters would spontaneously start singing and clapping "dem don dey go, one by one; dem don dey go, one by one. . ." Lol. Pure fun, I tell you. Watching football at home sucks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Everton Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 21st March 2012 / Everton Vs Manchester City (1 - 1) On 10th January 2014 / Chelsea Vs Swansea City (1 - 0) On 26th December 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.