Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1988388 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 11:34am On Oct 10, 2017
tribeD:
hello all,
@Erhnie, many thanks for you advice regarding this issue. What you paid for was the WES ICAP and its not the basic. I emailed and faxed WES on this matter especially after I saw during the application that I needed to send my transcripts again. Remember I said that my first degree transcript was not verified during EE ECA, WES got back to me with the message below:

Dear XXXX
Thank you for your message.

Please be advised that your academic records have been sent to the institution for verification by email and mail. The status for these documents will be updated in My Account once their response is received and accepted by WES.

We appreciate your patience in allowing your former institution sufficient time to respond to our request.

The message implied that they still have my transcripts and now I am following up with the verification from my Uni.
I will advice all those who are considering doing the basic ICAP to avoid it and do the other more expensive one. The reason being that your transcripts will be stored and you can use it in the future. Almost all schools in Canada accepts transcripts from WES and so you would be spared the stress of going back to apply for transcripts from your alma matas if you plan to go for further studies.
All the best guys

please can you or someone else attest to the bolded? i just want to make sure the extra cost is not for nothing.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 11:56am On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=GlitteringStar post=61210254][/quote]

You are an MVP. Thank you for this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2017
Has any one done ACCA-CPA conversion recently? I have the response from CPA-BC but I am stuck at whether to reorder transcripts from my UNI or use WES course by course evaluation. Please respond. Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Hephgirl: 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
einsteino:

please can you or someone else attest to the bolded? i just want to make sure the extra cost is not for nothing.
that's d advantage of wes.... It's known worldwide. So if u have to study or need ur transcript for anything.. Wes can always send it.
Even if u registered on wes USA and need it for wes canada wes us will send to Canada...

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by hayor2014(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
Issyman:

Many thanks

@honey86

Can you help with the exemption details in specificsand how many more papers do i have to write to obtain the CPA designation ?
I want to weigh it against just writing ACCA and getting CPA even before i leave the country.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ehrnie: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
tribeD:
hello all,
@Erhnie, many thanks for you advice regarding this issue. What you paid for was the WES ICAP and its not the basic. I emailed and faxed WES on this matter especially after I saw during the application that I needed to send my transcripts again. Remember I said that my first degree transcript was not verified during EE ECA, WES got back to me with the message below:

Dear XXXX
Thank you for your message.

Please be advised that your academic records have been sent to the institution for verification by email and mail. The status for these documents will be updated in My Account once their response is received and accepted by WES.

We appreciate your patience in allowing your former institution sufficient time to respond to our request.

The message implied that they still have my transcripts and now I am following up with the verification from my Uni.
I will advice all those who are considering doing the basic ICAP to avoid it and do the other more expensive one. The reason being that your transcripts will be stored and you can use it in the future. Almost all schools in Canada accepts transcripts from WES and so you would be spared the stress of going back to apply for transcripts from your alma matas if you plan to go for further studies.
All the best guys

You are most welcome and thanks for the update/advise.

This is the same message I got from WES during my upgrade.

All the best with chasing up your Uni - hopefully they respond soonest.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hephgirl:
that's d advantage of wes.... It's known worldwide. So if u have to study or need ur transcript for anything.. Wes can always send it.
Even if u registered on wes USA and need it for wes canada wes us will send to Canada...

eyaah.. my alma mata would probably weep if she reads this. She would no more have the opportunity to flex my 35k each time i need my transcript sent to an institution. lol

thanks for the good news.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Jonaslokk: 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
Plz to the married emmigrant

I have local government marriage certificate is this valid for Canada traveling purpose or I should go to ikoyi federal marriage registry

Plz see my certificate from LGA

Because I hear people say unless the heading bear ministry of interior it will not be accepted for traveling purpose.

Do I need to take it to ikoyi for reissue of ikoyi marriage certificate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by yimiton(f): 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hi Teewhy31, any update on your Pick up mail? I received mine today and my profile has been approved.

teewhy31:
Sighs.....oh well! I asked because we submitted about the same time. Guess I was hoping for the speed of PPR. It is well. I wonder why it takes them so long.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Tosean(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
yimiton:
Hi Teewhy31, any update on your Pick up mail? I received mine today and my profile has been approved.

Congrats yimiton
Which pr stream are you?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ugoeloka(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
Please canny folks, has anyone booked online from Lagos to Calgary using Egypt air website?
I need to understand how it works because I am getting so confused because I don't stay in Lagos and the Lagos/abuja office said they only fly to Toronto when one goes through them. They suggested I go online
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
olugere:

I have local government marriage certificate is this valid for Canada traveling purpose or I should go to ikoyi federal marriage registry

Because I hear people say unless the heading bear ministry of interior it will not be accepted for traveling purpose.

Local government marriage certificates are accepted.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by SlowlybtSurely: 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
olugere:

That's as legit as can be. Ride on bro. cool

In my country, the more handwritten, the more legit tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by yimiton(f): 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Federal Skilled Worker
Tosean:

Congrats yimiton
Which pr stream are you?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Jonaslokk: 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by teewhy31(f): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
Yes o! Just got mail. Status changed today too.
yimiton:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by yimiton(f): 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
Interesting. Have you made arrangements for pick-up? Seems they batched us together and responded to us at the same time. I saw a lady at the DHL office today when I went to make arrangement for my pick-up. It seemed like that was what she was there for too.

The agents were telling her she needed to send the mail to them and give them an authorisation letter. Fortunately, I was told when I went to send my passports, so I had everything handy.

When are you looking to leave?

Congrats!

teewhy31:
Yes o! Just got mail. Status changed today too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by humanshado: 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ugoeloka:
Please canny folks, has anyone booked online from Lagos to Calgary using Egypt air website?
I need to understand how it works because I am getting so confused because I don't stay in Lagos and the Lagos/abuja office said they only fly to Toronto when one goes through them. They suggested I go online

Use www.travelstart.com.ng they will give you many options on price and airlines including Egyptair.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Omalitchar: 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=yimiton hello Yomiton so what was your wait time before you received your pick up mail?our passports got to Ghana on Thursday the 5th of October so I would love to have an idea of when to expect their mail

Thanks

[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by val4o: 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
Blackbuddy:

If you are applying for skilled worker PR, you can only use your own account, that of your spouse or a joint account with your spouse. You can not use the account statement of any other family member to complete a skilled worker application for PR.

If you are applying for a student visa, then that is another ball game where you may need to show a sponsor's account statement accordingly. I can't help with this as you will need guidance from someone who understands how the student visa application process works. Please clarify your position so the house can assist you appropriately.

It's actually for school, I have gotten admission to leave in march April.... so I guess it's a sponsor that will show it isn't it
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by laborel: 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
You can also check www.skyscanner.net

Ugoeloka:

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by teewhy31(f): 7:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
Congratulations to you too! Will do pick up tomorrow ,got the mail late. So I have to forward the email to DHL? Didn't know that...thanks.
leaving next month. You?
yimiton:
Interesting. Have you made arrangements for pick-up?

The agents were telling her she needed to send the mail to them and give them an authorisation letter. Fortunately, I was told when I went to send my passports, so I had everything handy.

When are you looking to leave?

Congrats!

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tribeD: 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hello Einteino,

I was told about the bolded by a friend who is currently studying in one of the schools in Canada. He used WES for his transcripts. I also emailed a school i plan to attend and they said they sent the reply below to me

Yes, we would accept a transcript from WES. XXXX School must verify your results.

So yes schools accept WES result. WES will send it on your behalf for a little. This would be faster, cheaper for you and then saves the institution of verifying again.

Hope this helps

einsteino:

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tribeD: 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
CONGRATS @yimiton.

Finally your stamped passports are back and Canada is before you. Pls make sure you check all the details on the passports and ensure there are no errors. God bless you and favour you.
When do you plan to vamoose

yimiton:

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Jumdah20: 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
Congratulations Yimiton and Tee why, all the best as you go forth

tribeD:
CONGRATS @yimiton.

Finally your stamped passports are back and Canada is before you. Pls make sure you check all the details on the passports and ensure there are no errors. God bless you and favour you.
When do you plan to vamoose

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by abyurla(f): 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
Baba.
No luck per Wes ICAN BSc o
bigfido:

sorry guys that i am taking you guys back but i had to laugh at this kwakwakwakwakwa
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Phelixblaq(m): 11:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
Good evenin all
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by yimiton(f): 11:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
Yes, I got the email address of the lady that attended to me when I went to send the passports and forwarded the mail to her. She had earlier told to me do an authorization letter, so, I typed a letter, signed, scanned and attached it to the pick up email and sent both to the dhl lady.

Planning to leave in January. Got some loose knots to tighten before we pack up and leave.

teewhy31:
Congratulations to you too! Will do pick up tomorrow ,got the mail late. So I have to forward the email to DHL? Didn't know that...thanks.
leaving next month. You?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by yimiton(f): 11:49pm On Oct 10, 2017
Thanks guys.
Jumdah20:
Congratulations Yimiton and Tee why, all the best as you go forth

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by bigfido: 12:07am On Oct 11, 2017
abyurla:
Baba.
No luck per Wes ICAN BSc o

Na wa o
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by db23: 12:30am On Oct 11, 2017
einsteino:

i dont know how much pre nup cost or how much one stands to lose from a messy divorce, i am just someone who always believes there is need for some sort of security.

i have always been in open support of safety nets for women in marriages but what canadianfly narated sounds more like an incentive for a woman to divorce her husby. it shouldnt be profitable based on gender for anyone to quit a marriage. the Nigerian legal system currently allows men to change their women at will without having to settle while the canadian one seems to allow women do same and make some gains from it. i maybe wrong but thats my mundane assessment of it.

I know I'm way behind the thread, but just wanted to clarify... In the States and Canada, who pays alimony, child support, mortgage etc, isn't necessarily a man-woman thing... It's who makes the most money/the breadwinner. There are quite a few cases where the woman is the one making these payments cause she's worth a lot more than her ex-husband. And in situations where both parties make similar income... it becomes a case of making negotiations or both parties leaving with what they came with.

...It still all boils down to finding the right person. I understand your paranoia... cause being a female in Nigeria, my fears about marriage stem from how it seems to have become normal for men to cheat/have affairs. I can't condone or accept that mentality or behaviour.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.