Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1983428 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:
i have one white friend in british colombia i would like to visit canada one day places like edmunton,winnipeg,toronto,ottawa and british colombia

You mean you have a friend in British Columbia smiley

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by snoop4dem: 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hey guys, I have a question, I submitted my application in August and my app is showing medical Passed. Maybe IP2 but these things are not fixed tho based on trends. I am getting married this December, when is the best time to inform CIC? Also If CIC does not get back to me till after marriage will it affect my application when I include my spouse or my score has been locked after (ITA/E-APR).
PS:she has not done IELTS or ECA.

Has anyone been in this situation or added a family member or gotten married after they have submitted their application but before PPR.

I look forward to comments
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by AlphaStyles(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
TheCongo2:

You mean you have a friend in British Columbia smiley
yep an old white lady we chat from time to time we meet on facebook
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:
yep an old white lady we chat from time to time we meet on facebook

Good luck

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by AlphaStyles(m): 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2018
TheCongo2:

Good luck
Thank you i pray to see the outside world one day

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:
Thank you i pray to see the outside world one day

You can always start slow by traveling to neighboring countries or states in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by AlphaStyles(m): 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
TheCongo2:

You can always start slow by traveling to neighboring countries or states in Nigeria
i have so now i want to experience outside well let me see what the future has installed for me

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2018
emeify:
@einsteino, pls can u share the contact of d person u bought d thermals and winter jackets from at yaba? Thanks

Sorry for my late reply. Here: Emma - 08033823409

I suggest you also check out other traders at Yaba, just to make sure you are getting a fair deal.

20 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2018
Thanks
einsteino:

Sorry for my late reply. Here: Emma - 08033823409

I suggest you also check out other traders at Yaba, just to make sure you are getting a fair deal.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 16, 2018
Guitarlife:
How many hours is it likely to take for landing formalties in Toronto if I land at 7am on a working day ?

I landed around 7:30am and I finished all my landing formalities within 15 minutes. I believe 7am is a good time to land.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 16, 2018
jelmusboy:
Direct booking from airline is the way to go, just little difference with travel agencies in terms of fee

Exactly! I booked a ticket in May which I later cancelled and I was refunded within 5 business days. I thank God I didn't use an agent, maybe my money for don enter voicemail. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 16, 2018
snoop4dem:
Hey guys, I have a question, I submitted my application in August and my app is showing medical Passed. Maybe IP2 but these things are not fixed tho based on trends. I am getting married this December, when is the best time to inform CIC? Also If CIC does not get back to me till after marriage will it affect my application when I include my spouse or my score has been locked after (ITA/E-APR).
PS:she has not done IELTS or ECA.

Has anyone been in this situation or added a family member or gotten married after they have submitted their application but before PPR.

I look forward to comments

https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 2:47am On Nov 16, 2018
GlitteringStar2:

I landed around 7:30am and I finished all my landing formalities within 15 minutes. I believe 7am is a good time to land.
Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Top101: 3:10am On Nov 16, 2018
eclectic139:
Hey all, quick follow up, hope those that got the shipping guy's number from me were able to reach out to him?

can I get the shipping guy's no. thanks in advance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 3:44am On Nov 16, 2018
Been a while ..busy busy busy .

Let me drop some pictures thou.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 3:47am On Nov 16, 2018
plus been watching some interesting videos on the history just in case for those interested in citizenship shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcACdpePyiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBGNEJpznNE

11 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nozzle(m): 4:18am On Nov 16, 2018
eclectic139:
Hey all, quick follow up, hope those that got the shipping guy's number from me were able to reach out to him?
@eclectic139

Please i am interested in the number!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by orobs93(m): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2018
eclectic139:
please can I send you a pm let's communicate regarding this shipping stuffs
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 8:36am On Nov 16, 2018
softandmoist:
This is not me whining or anything. Just something I noticed since landing here in Canada and going out and about.
Many of our Nigerian brothers act all cold when you greet them then get warm when greeted by a white.
Really.
Like your sucking up will change your complexion?
The friendly ones know better, I suppose. They give you pointers on how you can get settled in easily and integrate.
One man snubbed me this morning when I greeted him twice at my daughter's school, but got all chatty with one woman who was white�. His daughter and mine are in the same class so I was wondering what the superiority complex was all about.
Shior.
What pained me most for him was that the woman didn't hear anything he was saying because even on the verge of swallowing his tongue to speak Canadian English, she wasn't just understanding. Kikikikiki.
Ok, seriously now.

Please seniors, let's be nice to ourselves. Tenkiu.

Na wa o! Where I work is almost 60% staffed with indians, inshort you go think say na canadians be the foreigners for the company. Each time I go to my bank, i run into a considerable number of indians. When I was scouting for a place in the GTA to rent on kijiji, not a few ads specifically read "indian preferred". At work they bond so much that English is hardly spoken amongst them. It would seem soon as one indian gets hired at a place, he just starts importing his people lol. I have learnt to always make sure I hail anyone I suspect to be Nigerian, a decent number of the ones I met have been cool but like you I have also met some that just gave me a DND look. Anyways we should try to not let that bother us.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by uchepixy: 10:29am On Nov 16, 2018
eclectic139:
Please I'm interested in the number too. I sent you a pm
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tempest01(m): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2018
Which people dey Calgary, Landed two days ago, make una show me the way.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Zeiya(f): 11:02am On Nov 16, 2018
tempest01:

Congrats oh!!

We are waiting for your landing gist please. At least for us still in naija

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by iaatmguy(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2018
salford1 cc maternal, please it seems the the PM function is broken, i have tried to contact you numerous times
please i want to make a personal enquiry
my email is seyeoluwaseun@gmail.com
THANKS
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
Fusion23:
........plus been watching some interesting videos on the history just in case for those interested in citizenship

My brother don dey prepare for citizenship test ooo. grin grin Well done sir. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Chicituababe: 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hello guys.
Pls i need answer to something dat has been borthering me. I found out im expecting a baby before receiving ppr. Have gotten copr now n will b landing sk on d 6th. Pregnancy will barely 3months. Do i still need to inform cic about it or its ok for me to land?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by iaatmguy(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2018
Chicituababe:
Hello guys.
Pls i need answer to something dat has been borthering me. I found out im expecting a baby before receiving ppr. Have gotten copr now n will b landing sk on d 6th. Pregnancy will barely 3months. Do i still need to inform cic about it or its ok for me to land?
though am not landed yet, but i think i can answer you. the baby is not around, so there is nothing to tell cic, best bet is that you would deliver your child in CA. you are good to go. you can only contact CIC, if your baby is around

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2018
Congratulations!! Please give us landing gist biko grin grin

tempest01:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
Congratulations in advance. You have nothing to worry about. You are carrying a Canadian baby. Travel and go and birth your baby. The only issue would have been if you had already landed and then you come back to Nigeria to give birth. You are good to go.
Chicituababe:
Hello guys.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Chicituababe: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
Thanks so much. Feel much better
iaatmguy:
though am not landed yet, but i think i can answer you. the baby is not around, so there is nothing to tell cic, best bet is that you would deliver your child in CA. you are good to go. you can only contact CIC, if your baby is around

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Chicituababe: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
Thank u so much. kiss
Newmum0615:
Congratulations in advance. You have nothing to worry about. You are carrying a Canadian baby. Travel and go and birth your baby. The only issue would have been if you had already landed and then you come back to Nigeria to give birth. You are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
salford:

Winter gears from the UK would not work efficiently in Canada. Their winter apparels are not suited for the extreme cold in Canada. I moved here from the UK and ended up throwing my UK winter jacket in the trash bin.

Jackets, I agree as your UK winter jacket will probably be a Fall/Spring one here. However, in my opinion, M&S cotton blend thermals are warmer and more comfortable than any I have seen here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ceemac: 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2018
salford:

Winter gears from the UK would not work efficiently in Canada. Their winter apparels are not suited for the extreme cold in Canada. I moved here from the UK and ended up throwing my UK winter jacket in the trash bin.

Say it louder!

Winter gears from Russia, preferably the one designed for Moscow will be well sufficient for Canada's temperature.. They are winter brothers like that!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.