Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1980641 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by keni: 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
TheCongo2:

Me attitude means ONLY MY OPINION Counts or ONLY MY OPINIONS ARE FACTS.
If anyone doesn't agree with me, he is either an IDIOT or should educate Himself.
This is a very wrong attitude to be displayed by someone who called himself educated.
You should handle debate on NAIRALAND the same way you would handle academic discussions.
I don't know which school you went to, but in an academic discussion, you don't call someone an IDIOT or tell them they are IGNORANT and should educate themselves. You would get a zero mark and can even be suspended from school.
Pigrin2 doesn't understand how Child Care Benefits work in Canada. You could educate her the way FelizO1 did without been condescending. You further told Pigrin2 that "I know you're use to having a child starve to death ...". How do you even know that Pigrin2 is used to see hungry children?

On a different note, you indicate that "With welfare they'd get free housing, medical, dental, prescription drugs and tuition when they're in University".
That is untrue. I don't know where you get the concept of free housing from. People on welfare pay housing even though the amount is subsidized. In terms of medical care, what the Canadian government covers is just the basics that doesn't even include the dental care. Welfare recipients have to pay for the cost of dental care.
Also, there is no such thing as welfare recipient getting free tuition in school. Someone can't be on welfare and be a full time student at the same time. In Ontario for example, anyone on Welfare who is attending university would be automatically removed from Welfare and would be asked to apply for OSAP.

First of all they are both ladies,
secondly if you check other threads you would see that this 'supposed debate' didnt just start here
Finally am trying hard to understand what exactly it is (argument/ debate) its just difficult to categories it when you read some justification / opinion from pigding.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford: 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
keni:

First of all they are both ladies,
secondly if you check other threads you would see that this 'supposed debate' didnt just start here
Finally am trying hard to understand what exactly it is (argument/ debate) its just difficult to categories it when you read some justification / opinion from pigding.
its just a case of an overpatriotic nigerian and an overpatriotic canadian/ nigerian having an argument. There is no point throwing shades at each other. i dont know the history of both poster but it seems the debates are being taken too personal. if someone is ignorantbof something, you can educate without using some strong words.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
salford:

if someone is ignorantbof something, you can educate without using some strong words.

Thanks salford, that is what I have been trying to bring. There is no needs to humiliate someone just because the person has a different opinion on a topic. (You are an IDIOT, you are ignorant, you need to be educated ... )

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
TheCongo2:

Me attitude means ONLY MY OPINION Counts or ONLY MY OPINIONS ARE FACTS.
If anyone doesn't agree with me, he is either an IDIOT or should educate Himself.
This is a very wrong attitude to be displayed by someone who called himself educated.
You should handle debate on NAIRALAND the same way you would handle academic discussions.
I don't know which school you went to, but in an academic discussion, you don't call someone an IDIOT or tell them they are IGNORANT and should educate themselves. You would get a zero mark and can even be suspended from school.
Pigrin2 doesn't understand how Child Care Benefits work in Canada. You could educate her the way FelizO1 did without been condescending. You further told Pigrin2 that "I know you're use to having a child starve to death ...". How do you even know that Pigrin2 is used to see hungry children?

On a different note, you indicate that "With welfare they'd get free housing, medical, dental, prescription drugs and tuition when they're in University".
That is untrue. I don't know where you get the concept of free housing from. People on welfare pay housing even though the amount is subsidized. In terms of medical care, what the Canadian government covers is just the basics that doesn't even include the dental care. Welfare recipients have to pay for the cost of dental care.
Also, there is no such thing as welfare recipient getting free tuition in school. Someone can't be on welfare and be a full time student at the same time. In Ontario for example, anyone on Welfare who is attending university would be automatically removed from Welfare and would be asked to apply for OSAP.

Congo I think you're taking things to personally. Many people have attempted to educate her, but she'll only respond with insults, mocking, or belittling anything that isn't pro Nigeria. Can you imagine getting bullied or insulted because someone decides to leave Nigeria and find better opportunities abroad, which is their right ? Go and look at our previous interactions. You're being bias.

Yes people on welfare, their rents are subsidized based on income. What happens when someone makes 0 dollars ? People who are below the poverty line and have children at age x or younger, qualify for provincial dental care coverage and prescription drugs. I currently know individuals in this situation. In regard to post secondary education, I was talking about their children. In the province of Ontario if your household income is 50k or less, you're eligible for free tuition. I'm pretty sure people living in poverty don't make over 50k. Other provinces plan to follow. As for adults, if you're current in the news, in the new federal budget, those unemployed or on welfare will be able to attend a post secondary institution while getting a small salary. I don't know when it'll be enacted. Furthermore, even mature students who make 50k or less are also eligible for free tuition. Remember on top of being tuition-less, citizens/PR are eligible for certain grants (free money), one would still be getting their child benefits (if they have kids), and a potential size-able tax return at the end of the year. There are ways one can make it happen, though you'll be on a shoe string budget. Either way I'm just ranting. I guess pidgin girl is getting her education ? You can do the research about the dental care and prescription drugs yourself. If I post more links then you'll accuse me of being ignorant or cocky. You seem to be in your feelings today. I fail to see your objective today, but if you're going to point a finger at me, you better point the same finger at your friend.

https://news.ontario.ca/maesd/en/2017/01/ontario-provides-free-tuition-for-eligible-students-in-london.html

https://theeyeopener.com/2017/01/ontario-government-to-include-mature-students-in-free-tuition-through-osap/

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
salford:

its just a case of an overpatriotic nigerian and an overpatriotic canadian/ nigerian having an argument. There is no point throwing shades at each other. i dont know the history of both poster but it seems the debates are being taken too personal. if someone is ignorantbof something, you can educate without using some strong words.

@Keni I'm no female.

@salford I'm not patriotic let alone over-patriotic.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
maternal:

Congo I think you're taking things to personally. Many people have attempted to educate her, but she'll only respond with insults, mocking, or belittling anything that isn't pro Nigeria. Can you imagine getting bullied or insulted because someone decides to leave Nigeria and find better opportunities abroad, which is their right ? Go and look at our previous interactions. You're being bias.

Yes people on welfare, their rents are subsidized based on income. What happens when someone makes 0 dollars ? People who are below the poverty line and have children at age x or younger, qualify for provincial dental care coverage and prescription drugs. I currently know individuals in this situation. In regard to post secondary education, I was talking about their children. In the province of Ontario if your household income is 50k or less, you're eligible for free tuition. I'm pretty sure people living in poverty don't make over 50k. Other provinces plan to follow. As for adults, if you're current in the news, in the new federal budget, those unemployed or on welfare will be able to attend a post secondary institution while getting a small salary. I don't know when it'll be enacted. Furthermore, even mature students who make 50k or less are also eligible for free tuition. Remember on top of being tuition-less, citizens/PR are eligible for certain grants (free money), one would still be getting their child benefits (if they have kids), and a potential size-able tax return at the end of the year. There are ways one can make it happen, though you'll be on a shoe string budget. Either way I'm just ranting. I guess pidgin girl is getting her education ? You can do the research about the dental care and prescription drugs yourself. If I post more links then you'll accuse me of being ignorant or cocky. You seem to be in your feelings today. I fail to see your objective today, but if you're going to point a finger at me, you better point the same finger at your friend.

https://news.ontario.ca/maesd/en/2017/01/ontario-provides-free-tuition-for-eligible-students-in-london.html

https://theeyeopener.com/2017/01/ontario-government-to-include-mature-students-in-free-tuition-through-osap/

Kudos to you on this post
At least this is how an educated person should debate.
No names calling, no bashing anyone.
You just use arguments to prove a point.

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by folamingo: 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
There is nothing wrong in sparring from time to time. What is most important is that we are all getting the desired information and enlightenment.

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by folamingo: 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2017
Cool

TheCongo2:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by folamingo: 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
@Maternal, Thank you for taking time out to explain.

Its essential to be aware of opportunities that are available whilst in Canada. Nobody is going there to intentionally be a burden but if there are benefits that are available by the virtue of having a PR/citizenship status, it only makes common sense to access them. The fact that Nigeria doesn't have them available, doesn't mean it's a taboo in Canada. If you are eligible or you fall within the requirements, you go for it. Sometimes some people perish because of lack of information. But also its a thing of choice, if you feel the it's against your principles you can decide to struggle and reject all benefits. But please all information to make life easy and improve standard of living will be appreciated,(nothing is useless) that is why most of us are relocating in the first place.

"When you are in Rome, you behave like a Roman".

Thank you and continue to share your wealth of knowledge.

TheCongo2:

21 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
folamingo:
@Maternal, Thank you for taking time out to explain.

Its essential to be aware of opportunities that are available whilst in Canada. Nobody is going there to intentionally be a burden but if there are benefits that are available by the virtue of having a PR/citizenship status, it only makes common sense to access them. The fact that Nigeria doesn't have them available, doesn't mean it's a taboo in Canada. If you are eligible or you fall within the requirements, you go for it. Sometimes some people perish because of lack of information. But also its a thing of choice, if you feel the it's against your principles you can decide to struggle and reject all benefits. But please all information to make life easy and improve standard of living will be appreciated,(nothing is useless) that is why most of us are relocating in the first place.

"When you are in Rome, you behave like a Roman".

Thank you and continue to share your wealth of knowledge.

Just to talk on this "burden" issue. One better take any benefits eligible to them, because believe me, they will tax you here till the day you die. The "free" benefits you'll get, after decades of taxation on literally everything, whatever you got for "free" you would have paid it back several times over. Believe me. Furthermore, investing in your PR/Citizens is basically nation building, and the nation benefits in the long run. I can use 2 examples.

Example #1

I know a girl who came to Canada at age 5. Her family was poor and was on welfare for years getting "free" money. She's now a medical doctor who owns her own practice paying a lot of taxes and has a small staff of like 20 employees. The amount of taxes she and her staff is paying, and her contribution of being a productive member of society, as a doctor, far outweighs whatever little money the state originally gave her "for free" when they first came to Canada. Think of it has a bank loan. The bank will give you a loan to buy a car. After 3 years you would have paid back the principle plus interest on that loan. So you get the car you want/need right away, while years down the line the bank makes a profit off of you in interest.

Example #2

The government covers your healthcare costs through taxation. Its proven the nation will prosper and will be in better shape with a healthy population. The country would be less prosperous with a sick population.

This is why investing in your citizens, especially the young and less fortunate is very important. Not just morally, but economically as well. And as they say, "A society will be judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members". That is taken pretty seriously here. So when people call these people leaches, parasites, or whatever, it's insulting nor do I understand it. Corrupted politicians having millions of dollars cash are the parasites. Hoarding the country's national cake in your bank account and drawer, instead of using it on nation building. Those are parasites, living off the backs and hard work of every day Nigerians or the country's national resource which should be shared. I haven't even touched on the increased criminality within the country if these people aren't helped. That's for a different post.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 10:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
It's obvious thepiidgin does not understand what the child care benefit is and has not even bothered to read about it....just as I said in my earlier response. First of all it is not for low income earners alone. Whatever income the family earns is put into a scale and whatever you are eligible for, you get. So I wonder where the "I know for a fact that if you're getting benefit you are a low income earner" came from. The information is readily available online and there is even a calculator to estimate what you are eligible for based on your annual income from the previous year after filing your taxes.
That being said, you don't have to apply for any form of benefit if you don't want it. However if you do give birth to a Canadian child it's automatically applied for and as long as you continue to meet conditions for residency within Canada, you would get it.

This is a living in Canada thread for Nigerians who are moving, have moved or plan to move to Canada. It follows that conversations about government support would be carried out here. It is not a "how not to live in Canada" thread.
Like I said in my earlier post, the brilliant minds who sat down and laid down those policies are not dumb.

As regards maternal's response, I think only someone who cannot comprehend the use of sarcasm would take offense. When the phrase that referred to welfare ....free housing, etc. It was actually meant that the Canadian benefit is not welfare.

I don't know if TheCongo2 has existing beef with maternal but it sure came across as such. Attacking and using capital letters doesn't exactly convey the sharing of an opinion with the intent to contribute useful information.

In my personal opinion, thepidgin was brash and her comment was quite off putting especially as it was not value adding to the thread.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by perks: 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
I don't know Wat pidgin abi na dove dey talk sha. But as for me I would rather land in Canada, be a parasite (govt. approved for that matter), get a job and start contributing to the society dat gave me wen I didn't have. Rather than stay in this piece of shit country where I ve worked for 10 years now with almost nothing to show just because I don't know someone at d top or come from a particular tribe. I can't even renew my passport after capturing for over a month. Jeezzzzz

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
Please Please lets use this thread for positive things abeg, Dont let this thread waste or be diverted, we need good information to get the best out of Canada , especially people just arriving like myself.

So question one..I heard from someone that immigration service gives free mattress to new comers and some small furniture please is this true
have been racking my head on how I will spend 700-900$ in Ikea

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dogice(m): 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
Fusion23:
Please Please lets use this thread for positive things abeg, Dont let this thread waste or be diverted, we need good information to get the best out of Canada , especially people just arriving like myself.

So question one..I heard from someone that immigration service gives free mattress to new comers and some small furniture please is this true

You can go on www.kijiji.ca under free stuffs/furniture/garage sales, you might be able to get some stuffs for free or very good deals especially if you check frequently. But watch out for beg bugs. All that glitters is not gold smiley

I do not know about the government giving out free furniture. I know they gave stuffs to the refugees from Syria last year but not quite sure about Skilled Immigrants. But might be true.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
dogice:

You can go on www.kijiji.ca under free stuffs/furniture/garage sales, you might be able to get some stuffs for free or very good deals especially if you check frequently. But watch out for beg bugs. All that glitters is not gold smiley

I do not know about the government giving out free furniture. I know they gave stuffs to the refugees from Syria last year but not quite sure about Skilled Immigrants. But might be true.

Yeah definitely not doing free tins if they are used.
Especially mattress..but will find out.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dogice(m): 8:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
Fusion23:

Yeah definitely not doing free tins if they are used.
Especially mattress..but will find out.

Sure, I wouldn't do free mattress either. There are a lot of liquidation/warehouse stores for brand new mattress with great deals that you could check out especially if you stay in the Greater Toronto Area.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
dogice:

Sure, I wouldn't do free mattress either. There are a lot of liquidation/warehouse stores for brand new mattress with great deals that you could check out especially if you stay in the Greater Toronto Area.
Ottawa , have had my hopes for IKEA thou....but am sure there are some nice services Immigration Provides like free french or something..just saying their are lot of positives to talk about
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 9:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
Fusion23:

Ottawa , have had my hopes for IKEA thou....but am sure there are some nice services Immigration Provides like free french or something..just saying their are lot of positives to talk about

You can rent places already furnished until you've saved enough funds to be able to buy furniture. Personally I've never heard of the government providing furniture, you're pushing it. lol

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford: 10:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
Fusion23:

Yes. Some immigrant services(NGO's) do offer free furnitures or direct one to where faily used are sold, but you have to be very careful with anything furnitures and mattress. Watch out for bed bugs. They are quite common here. I have seen a couple of families pick bed bugs from furnitures/matresses offered by immigrant services or bought off kijiji.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 10:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
maternal:

You can rent places already furnished until you've saved enough funds to be able to buy furniture. Personally I've never heard of the government providing furniture, you're pushing it. lol

Lol I never thought of it too, It wasnt my idea , heard from someone .

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 1:15am On Apr 21, 2017
I'm also up for any good info as regards getting affordable furniture. I was/am hoping for a warehouse or auction kinda store with really good furniture cos the prices I can see online for new sofas and stuff are a bit pricey. @fusion23, I wouldn't buy a used mattress though, I don't think you should.
Also, what would you recommend for a bank account? taking into consideration monthly fees, credit card annual fees and limits, etc etc. What bank would work best for a newcomer?
cc: maternal, fusion23, shinarambo1, salford, dogice, et al
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 2:26am On Apr 21, 2017
vcole:
I'm also up for any good info as regards getting affordable furniture. I was/am hoping for a warehouse or auction kinda store with really good furniture cos the prices I can see online for new sofas and stuff are a bit pricey. @fusion23, I wouldn't buy a used mattress though, I don't think you should.
[b]Also, what would you recommend for a bank account? taking into consideration monthly fees, credit card annual fees and limits, etc etc. What bank would work best for a newcomer?
[/b]cc: maternal, fusion23, shinarambo1, salford, dogice, et al

You can take advantage of the program offer to new immigrants by RBC bank.
You will get a credit card and they can also help buy your first home or car in Canada.
I know someone who benefited from this program 2 years ago.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/nadv/credit.html
http://www.rbc.com/newcomers/
http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/royal-bank-making-it-easier-for-newcomers-to-settle-in-canada-514138251.html

20 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 3:01am On Apr 21, 2017
vcole:
Also, what would you recommend for a bank account? taking into consideration monthly fees, credit card annual fees and limits, etc etc. What bank would work best for a newcomer?

Congo made some recommendations. Personally I feel all the 5 major banks are all the same. They just rape you differently. I'm personally with TD, I find they have a branch everywhere in the country which is very accessible. They also open late and in odd hours which I love. You never know your work schedule. If/when you get a credit card, do not mess up your credit. You'll be sorry. Your credit score/history is your life line in this country. I am not joking.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 3:24am On Apr 21, 2017
maternal:

Congo made some recommendations. Personally I feel all the 5 major banks are all the same. They just rape you differently. I'm personally with TD, I find they have a branch everywhere in the country which is very accessible. They also open late and in odd hours which I love. You never know your work schedule. If/when you get a credit card, do not mess up your credit. You'll be sorry. Your credit score/history is your life line in this country. I am not joking.

Oh yes, I have learned it the hard way. We have to be extremely cautious with our credit rating. Even some employers, including the Canadian Army, check the credit score for their applicants.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford: 3:43am On Apr 21, 2017
vcole:
For furnitures, if new ones are pricey..One could get very good used ones on facebook. I joined several buy and sell communities on facebook. You would be opportuned to have access to moving sales and the likes. Atleast, there would be some sort of history and a face/home attached to any bedding or furniture you would be buying before closing the deal.

As per banking, I use scotiabank...the big banks all offer similar services.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by keni: 10:53am On Apr 21, 2017
maternal:

@Keni I'm no female.

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted some of your earlier posts in other threads. Correction taken grin grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dogice(m): 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
vcole:

Like maternal said, all the big 5 banks are pretty much the same. Personally though, I use RBC and CIBC, I have been with RBC for almost 8 years now and I use their credit card too. They offer the low rate credit card with 11% purchase interest and 11% on cash advance plus they gave me a very juicy credit limit. CIBC too has been very generous with me plus I got all these when I was an international student. But I believe the most important thing is having a good credit score and paying bills on time.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2017
dogice:

Like maternal said, all the big 5 banks are pretty much the same. Personally though, I use RBC and CIBC, I have been with RBC for almost 8 years now and I use their credit card too. They offer the low rate credit card with 11% purchase interest and 11% on cash advance plus they gave me a very juicy credit limit. CIBC too has been very generous with me plus I got all these when I was an international student. But I believe the most important thing is having a good credit score and paying bills on time.

Almost 8 years, thats long anyway my initial post was not really about wanting free things lool, I work, but good infromation cos i saw the thread was dying, i also found out like IOM gives reduces flight via Lufthansa if you were coming on PR.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dogice(m): 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
Fusion23:

Almost 8 years, thats long anyway my initial post was not really about wanting free things lool, I work, but good infromation cos i saw the thread was dying, i also found out like IOM gives reduces flight via Lufthansa if you were coming on PR.

True mehn, I just had to reply to your comment because the thread was dying like you said and some people were arguing over unnecessary stuffs and derailing the thread so it was perfect timing.

Btw, who doesn't like free things? lol, no time to form mehn. All my friends know me that I like good deals and awesome sales. I don't care what people think. Nothing wrong with free stuff if the quality is good. I don't joke with buy one, get one free on black Fridays and Boxing day cool cool cool

15 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
dogice:

True mehn, I just had to reply to your comment because the thread was dying like you said and some people were arguing over unnecessary stuffs and derailing the thread so it was perfect timing.

Btw, who doesn't like free things? lol, no time to form mehn. All my friends know me that I like good deals and awesome sales. I don't care what people think. Nothing wrong with free stuff if the quality is good. I don't joke with buy one, get one free on black Fridays and Boxing day cool cool cool
And nothing is free lool , we pay taxes

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dogice(m): 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
Fusion23:

And nothing is free lool , we pay taxes

Haha true, even ice cubes aint free in winter cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nievel: 10:54am On Apr 22, 2017
Well done guys!

I actually heard from someone who moved to Canada on PR that she got free household stuff from the the govt or some agency.she landed in Edmonton.

Pls I have 2 questions.

1. How soon can one access childcare benefits as PR? Is it after 18 months of residence? If that is the case one needs to plan properly cuz if childcare is about $1000 per month and house rent is about same. That means your settlement funds will finish in no time.

2. I'm wondering why most immigrants hardly land in BC considering the fact that it has the most friendly weather. Are Jobs very scarce or what might be the reason? From my observation most people land in Ontario and Alberta.

I'm wondering what major factors to consider in choosing a province and then a city, it's quite scary seeing as Canada is so massive.

Please share your thoughts, thanks!

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.