Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1984070 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Hephgirl: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Naughty corner works very well on janded children grin
and kids that are not janded nko lol

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by pauloverdi: 10:07am On Aug 25, 2017
Alikote:
who are a replica of me in some way ...i like to learn through other people experience it the best way ...in 5 years time i will be netting 800 k monthly as senior management staff but am not finding fulfillment living in Nigeria ,also fear for the future of my kids ..they might not be rugged as me

lolz. that is one big issue with our generation... we are unintentionally raising a generation of soft kids... too much pampering

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by HTC2017: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2017
Nice one. I'm really keeping tabs on this and I hope you do get one of the big 4.

But what about adding Canadian flavor to your degree, say a grad diploma at least?
Nice one, ballerz.

Wura27:

Yea I'm writing CISA next month and might do CISM before I leave. I guess experience backed with certification is the way....

grin cheesy @ hotter than transformer!

Please take these- kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Thanks so much!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tarahray20: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2017
Asides from weather, are there any perks to settling in Vancouver? How is the job market and housing situation like?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ymummy234: 11:37am On Aug 25, 2017
Hello people, i have been a silent reader and hoping to upgrade to this team cannyliving# - and God has indeed answered my prayers. My quick question is - has anyone opened an account with RBC prior to landing in Canada - if yes, can you please share your experience - or with any other bank. thanks and keep up the good work guys

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ballerz: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2017
HTC2017:
Nice one. I'm really keeping tabs on this and I hope you do get one of the big 4.

But what about adding Canadian flavor to your degree, say a grad diploma at least?
Nice one, ballerz.

Whatever will give you an edge above your competition, please go for it.
What is worth doing at all, is worth doing well, must be done greatly and with undivided attention

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by toyogirl: 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hmm....I hear BC is quite expensive ..but let's hear from the seniors..

tarahray20:
Asides from weather, are there any perks to settling in Vancouver? How is the job market and housing situation like?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
toyogirl:

I have heard Vancouver is the expensive one ... yes, let's hear from the seniors ...

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tarahray20: 2:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
toyogirl:

More expensive than Toronto? Or more like the same?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
toyogirl:

Please review these links, perhaps they might address your query:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/23/architecture/2017-most-expensive-cities-hong-kong/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/vancouver-tops-list-of-most-expensive-cities-in-canada-again-1.2704078

http://www.readersdigest.ca/travel/canada/10-most-expensive-cities-canada/

However, please note 'expensive' as a term is relative and it is mostly used to describe the real estate sector of the subject cities. Once you get a good job, you can live and thrive anywhere as is already being done by our compatriots here.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MummyJaygirls: 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hephgirl:
and kids that are not janded nko lol

Na turning stick and slippers, lol

But urs dey go Canada now they r janded, so naughty corner it is grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
tarahray20:

More expensive than Toronto, so they say.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TheCongo2: 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
Blackbuddy:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/23/architecture/2017-most-expensive-cities-hong-kong/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/vancouver-tops-list-of-most-expensive-cities-in-canada-again-1.2704078

However, please note 'expensive' as a term is relative and it is mostly used to describe the real estate sector of the subject cities. Once you get a good job, you can live and thrive anywhere as is already being done by our compatriots here .

Spot on

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Hephgirl: 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Na turning stick and slippers, lol

But urs dey go Canada now they r janded, so naughty corner it is grin
turning stick Hahahhahahaah
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by toyogirl: 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2017
The seniors have given us pointers grin so let's follow the lead wink

tarahray20:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tarahray20: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
toyogirl:
The seniors have given us pointers grin so let's follow the lead wink

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nicoletheo: 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nicoletheo:
Hello All,
Greetings to all the Elders in the house. I am Nicole and currently work as an IT Business Analyst in an Investment House. I am Female and 31. I have a master degree from one of the top 10 schools in the UK, and first degree in Computer Science and Law. I've worked as a BA for 5 years with ITIL , CBAP and other certifications under my belt. While my fiancée works in a Bank in Treasury. His first degree is in an Political Science but he's worked in the Treasury arm of the bank for about 3 years. Now my dilemma is , how feasible would it be for him to get a job? Since we are both considering relocating. He's an amazing man but sometimes when I remember that his line of work does not sell as fast as IT , I get discouraged about settling down permanently with him. I feel because I have worked with IT professionals for most of my working life, I believe such skills are more in demand. Asides the job thingy, my fiancée is one of the most amazing and selfless individuals ive ever met.
Hello All,
Greetings to all the Elders in the house. I am Nicole and currently work as an IT Business Analyst in an Investment House. I am Female and 31. I have a master degree from one of the top 10 schools in the UK, and first degree in Computer Science and Law. I've worked as a BA for 5 years with ITIL , CBAP and other certifications under my belt. While my fiancée works in a Bank in Treasury. His first degree is in an Political Science but he's worked in the Treasury arm of the bank for about 3 years. Now my dilemma is , how feasible would it be for him to get a job? Since we are both considering relocating. He's an amazing man but sometimes when I remember that his line of work does not sell as fast as IT , I get discouraged about settling down permanently with him. I feel because I have worked with IT professionals for most of my working life, I believe such skills are more in demand. Asides the job thingy, my fiancée is one of the most amazing and selfless individuals ive ever met.

We are considering getting married in October 2018

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi,

This is not a dating forum but I feel the necessity to advise you on some things you said/ insinuated.

If you love your man wholeheartedly, you would not get discouraged about settling down with him simply because you feel (this is an assumption on your part and not reality) his line of work will not sell as fast as yours.

Also if you love your man like I hope you do, you will always stand by him, encourage him and support him to be his best and reach his full potential.

As they say, what makes a great man is an even greater women.

So back to your question- Treasury in a bank is one of the best departments to work in and if you read previous posts on this thread, you will see that Finance is also as lucrative as IT in Canada.

All the best

Nicoletheo:
Hello All,

39 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by sweetrie(f): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2017
Wura27:
Hi,

This is not a dating forum but I feel the necessity to advise you on some things you said/ insinuated.

If you love your man wholeheartedly, you would not get discouraged about settling down with him simply because you feel (this is an assumption on your part and not reality) his line of work will not sell as fast as yours.

Also if you love your man like I hope you do, you will always stand by him, encourage him and support him to be his best and reach his full potential.

So back to your question- Treasury in a bank is one of the best departments to work in and if you read previous posts on this thread, you will see that Finance is also as lucrative as IT in Canada.

All the best

Very well said

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by kemmytino(f): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
Blackbuddy:

However, please note 'expensive' as a term is relative and it is mostly used to describe the real estate sector of the subject cities. Once you get a good job, you can live and thrive anywhere as is already being done by our compatriots here.

I sent you an email, kindly respond
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by ymummy234: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
Wura27:
Hi,

All the best

hugs and kisses wura smiley

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
kemmytino:

I sent you an email, kindly respond

I have smiley
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by seunfoster: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
Thanks bro. I'm even thinking of doing something in energy or resources economics because my BSc is in Economics. My question now is how viable is this course in Canada and how relevant it is in terms of job hunting. I really don't want to go back into banking.

Blackbuddy:

Okay, your core area of expertise is branch operations. The equivalent of that here is Teller Services (known as Customer Service Representative). Here in Canada, your typical teller staff at the branch handles cash, pay cheques, issues drafts and can assist customers with simple transfers. Please see this post for more to help you get started on your research, https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/52#59563440
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by EmmyToluwa: 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi, can you PM the details also.

Thanks in advance

czaratwork:
so sorry. i posted the information here on monday but it was deleted and i was also suspended for 2 days. please if you need info on how to convert your ACCA to CPA please let me have your pm and in my response i will send it to you. the process is long so please start now.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by seunfoster: 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2017
Dear Wura, please I sent you a pm. Kindly attend. Thanks.

Wura27:
Hi,

All the best

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Issyman(m): 9:32pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nicoletheo:
Hello All,

How I wish your man can see this so he can make a good decision about settling down with you but ...

19 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by seunfoster: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
ACA means Associate chartered accountant and AAT means Associate accounting technician. My BSc is in Economics and MBA is Finance. I just wanted to know which direction I should go when I get to Canada. You know that having the right skills set and education matters over there. Thank you.

salford1:

your question is way above my head. i dont even know what aca or aat means...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Canadianfly: 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nicoletheo:
Hello All,

Just out of curiosity, what Uni did you get your Masters from? The top ten one I mean

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Canadianfly: 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2017
Issyman:

How I wish your man can see this so he can make a good decision about settling down with you but ...

Lol wetin? Na crime to make sure she won't be the breadwinner before one says "I do"? grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by follyzee: 10:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi Blingyrie
Just want to find out if you have received your passport/ have an update

Blingyrie:

No didn't pay for returned envelope; dey received ma pp aug 9th. Should I send dem a mail?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Zibah14: 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
Blackbuddy:

Okay, your core area of expertise is branch operations. The equivalent of that here is Teller Services (known as Customer Service Representative). Here in Canada, your typical teller staff at the branch handles cash, pay cheques, issues drafts and can assist customers with simple transfers. Please see this post for more to help you get started on your research, https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/52#59563440
Hi Blackbuddy. Please I sent u an email, kindly respond. Ive worked in banking settlement for the past 7yrs (funds transfer and treasury operations) and would really appreciate it if you could help with some guidance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.