Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1981628 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tribeD: 12:42am On Oct 01, 2017
Hello Ehrnie,
WES did not give a reason why the couldnt verify my 1st degree, but i guess it something to do with them not getting a response to their verification email. See WES message below

‘upon request, WES will add a credential equivalence that was not in the original report at no additional charge. WES has determined however that the documents must be sent to your institution verified'

Cant find my 1st degree on my WES profile. I will keep contacting them until i get a response.
Will keep you updated

Ehrnie:

Hi - did WES give you any reason why they couldn't verify your first degree? It would have been good if that was sorted back then to make this process easier for you now.

Okay, if WES claim they have your 1st degree transcripts, then I'm sure they do. Trust me, if they don't have it, they will let you know asap. You could also login to your WES account to see the docs they hold for you. There's always an audit trail of your WES activities etc. in your account.

The number you've quoted is the phone number for WES. The issue is that you can be placed on hold for close to an hour....but eventually, they'll pick. I sent them emails via their "contact us" page...there is a form to lodge your enquiries and hit submit. They respond like a week after.

I understand this WES / Nig Uni matter can be very frustrating, but all the best with it & let me know if you have any further questions. Shalom.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 12:42am On Oct 01, 2017
impish:
Yes oh! The idea is that each generation strives to give the next generation a much better life than they had. The only way to do this is by equipping them with the right life skills.

But Nigerians though.......you haven't finished looking after the first 2 children, then you have 2 more........when we do not have a public welfare structure at all? For me, part of the joy of having children is in knowing that they will be fine, that they will be well taken care of. But each to his own.

Mrs. O
www.mycanadianfling.com

Nobody knows her story to be fair.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Bella123(f): 6:01am On Oct 01, 2017
Hi, Please kindly share your landing experience with us. Thank you! quote author=czaratwork post=60982644]Blackbuddy hello,

i have been trying to inbox you but dont remember how to i guess this place don reset my brain.

my host says my bills have to come on my address before i can register for healthcare. is it true?

then how did you get yourself registered for the bridging program? i need to get into the one for banking and financial services.

please can you inbox me, i have some other personal things to ask you urgently before i take a decision on them.[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 40manlappy: 9:51am On Oct 01, 2017
@tribeD Check your inbox
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Plumpebony: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2017
adeza:

An update:Settling in has been ok, gotten my SIN, awaiting healthcare number, customs gave us tough time in clearing our goods(3days) saying it was much over 400kg (LOL, I brought the whole naija) had to pay demurage . They scattered our bags like rats but luckily nothing was thrown away(my knorr cubes, powder milk escaped).Gotten an apartment with bills inclusive, definitely move in next week, register in a clinic, shop for winter clothes, stock up on meat, tomatoes and pepper. Things here are expensive

What? Over 400kg? This brought me out of my lurking state.

I salute all my seniors in the house. Am a silent member of this great forum.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ajujuju2: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
Canadianfly:

Hahaha @ your last paragraph. grin

I have never been one for helps sha, maybe coz I moved to Naija recently and I no get strength to beg anybody to do anything for me. I have always done Creche and Daycare. Pick the kids on my way back from work, bath everybody and call it a night. So I guess there will be no difference for me when I move hahahaha as per no depression lol. I'll miss my cleaner though. He comes twice a week. That's what I'm worried about when we eventually move. Getting a cleaner. In Yankee, you can get them very easily for $40 per week.
Any way, you'll be fine once you get into a routine. Get the kids into a routine, everybody to bed at 7pm so you can breathe. I was hardcore with my two kids, sleep trained them at 2 months to sleep through the night coz I can't come and die. That what I had time for other things, cooking, etc. In fact if you want me to share my excel sheet routine with you, send me a pm. Hopefully you won't be scared like this woman has her kid on robot mode hahaha cheesy

Lol soulja mom!
Captain Von Trapp!(sound of music)
U can like to share though. I can always learn.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ajujuju2: 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
XX01:

That would be interesting to see a 3/4 year old teaching a 1 yr old cheesy cheesy. My first ones are 4 and 6 so I have no fear with them. It's my 1 yr old. Still toying with how long I can endure staying at home before he starts school. Na Ontario province o.

Hmm all this talk is making me afraiding o!
@impish @canadianfly @merrymum @vcole @dupsyshoo @xx01

I dont have a help either and I have 2 kids (3.95 and 1.4 years). I'm used to watching d kids and doing chores but im barely standing strong. If we then add homeschooling and d pressures of starting afresh in a foreign land, Now am thinking... "Maybe God is delaying my PPR so i can slow down and enjoy the last few months in naija as a resident and be fully prepared for PR living abroad".

Guess for me the good news is my daughter helps alot with her brother (when shes not glued to the T.V and he cares to listen). I also have my mom looking over them while im at work (though my daughter is in school 8-3)...and even though hubby cannot cook to save his life, he helps with cleaning the bathrooms and sweeping tooo (weekends only but bless him).

This Canny dream ehhhhh...anyways, SLOWLY BUT SURELY!
@slowlybutsurely wink

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ekpekus(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
CIBC run for the cure today at Southcentre Calgary

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ekpekus(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
Calgary Mayor, Nenshi and Batman

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ekpekus(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
Runners for the cure of cancer

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ajujuju2:

I dont have a help either and I have 2 kids (3.95 and 1.4 years). I'm used to watching d kids and doing chores but im barely standing strong. If we then add homeschooling and d pressures of starting afresh in a foreign land, Now am thinking... "Maybe God is delaying my PPR so i can slow down and enjoy the last few months in naija as a resident and be fully prepared for PR living abroad".

Guess for me the good news is my daughter helps alot with her brother (when shes not glued to the T.V and he cares to listen). I also have my mom looking over them while im at work (though my daughter is in school 8-3)...and even though hubby cannot cook to save his life, he helps with cleaning the bathrooms and sweeping tooo (weekends only but bless him).

@slowlybutsurely wink

Even pre school and pre-kg school is just 3hrs a day, and it's usually at working hours like 9 to 12 or 1 to 4. Tough being a working mum with very young kids in Canada.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Canadianfly: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Lol soulja mom!
Captain Von Trapp!(sound of music)
U can like to share though. I can always learn.

All I have to say is a tuoro omara, o mara. A tuoro ofeke, o fenye ishi n'ohia.

*runs away* grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ekpekus:
CIBC run for the cure today at Southcentre Calgary
Beautiful sky as always.
Ekpekus:
Runners for the cure of cancer
Bless them.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Hephgirl: 7:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
adeza:

An update:Settling in has been ok, gotten my SIN, awaiting healthcare number, customs gave us tough time in clearing our goods(3days) saying it was much over 400kg (LOL, I brought the whole naija) had to pay demurage . They scattered our bags like rats but luckily nothing was thrown away(my knorr cubes, powder milk escaped).Gotten an apartment with bills inclusive, definitely move in next week, register in a clinic, shop for winter clothes, stock up on meat, tomatoes and pepper. Things here are expensive
I love ur updates... Please keep updating us... Thanks in advance
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Yooku: 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
ifyolu4u:
I got you but please one more question coming with visitors visa and changing the status Is it good as well?

Note the boldened....it is issued to you for just that purpose, to visit and return to where you are visiting from. I don't know of or have any experience of anyone changing a visit visa to something else.....Much more from VISITOR to PERMANENT RESIDENT visa....We would all have pursued that very easy route abi? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MummyJaygirls: 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ajujuju2:

@slowlybutsurely wink

Which age be 3.95 and 1.4? Be consoling your sef say they are not 3 and 1, hahaha

21 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by SlowlybtSurely: 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
salford1:

Even pre school and pre-kg school is just 3hrs a day, and it's usually at working hours like 9 to 12 or 1 to 4. Tough being a working mum with very young kids in Canada.

Learnt JK in Ontario runs from 8am-3.30pm.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Yooku: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Which age be 3.95 and 1.4? Be consoling your sef say they are not 3 and 1, hahaha

Lol...was wondering how the decimal points were arrived at....Probably number of days old divided by 365 grin grin grin

@ajujuju2

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Learnt JK in Ontario runs from 8am-3.30pm.
Thats good. I don't think we have anything like that in Alberta. Atleast not one I know of in Calgary.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
impish:
I noticed that when we were considering day care. Ah! In Naij, my son's school could keep him till 10pm sef.

Ah well, I guess 3 hours is really ideal for kids ages 3 and under.

Mrs. O
http://mycanadianfling.com/

10pm! The things we took for granted in Nigeria .. Lol

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by merrymum: 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2017
@Ajujuju2. I think it won't be that stressful considering I'll not start working immediately. Hopefully we would have a system that works by the time I'm ready to work. I always console myself with the fact that a lot of women in Canada and US have been working and taking care of kids at the same time, and dem never die. So we shall all make it!

Another important part is having a hands-on spouse. My husband can do every every in the house, I cannot even make mouth with any kind of chore. If I talk too much, he will wash hand and cook one correct vegetable soup and I will just go and hide myself. Lol.

17 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ajujuju2: 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
Canadianfly:

All I have to say is a tuoro omara, o mara. A tuoro ofeke, o fenye ishi n'ohia.

*runs away* grin

Lwkmd...mmpama!
so with all ds ur "travel" u still b village geh!... grin grin grin

Ngwanu biko kedi ebe whataspp group umu ada igbo di?? Canadianfly MUST be admin.

13 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ajujuju2: 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
salford1:

Well one thing i know about good women: when it comes to family, we are determined to make it a success.

Besides nothing wey eye don see cry blood...with mentorship from able seniors like you all...TS A PASS!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ajujuju2: 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

grin cheesy grin
Infact i almost typed quater to 4 and 1(1/2) only to realise it sounded like i was telling the time and measuring rice.... wink

Na real consolation my sister. Biko whats d age in Saks oo. Looking like il b landing there.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ajujuju2: 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
Yooku:

Lol...was wondering how the decimal points were arrived at....Probably number of days old divided by 365 grin grin grin

@ajujuju2

Lol... Im not that much of a data analyst like @cochtrane. She'l b 4 early next month. So i figured ts about a .5 in wait time. And he is simply 1yr4mnths.

grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ajujuju2: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
impish:
Hi Ajujuju2,

Lol!! It is definitely slowly but surely.

Mr. O is OCD clean. He can wash the bathroom and lay the bed twice a day if possible! Lmao! So we end up sharing the chores, thank God! Since we got here, we have cleaned the house almost everyday. Because we are in a 1 bedroom apartment, it is very easy to clean. I can't promise that this will continue once we move to our permanent accommodation grin grin grin

Mrs. O
http://mycanadianfling.com/

The few good men....God bless them.

Biko before someone will comman beat me, even if your hubby or boyfriend doesnt help, he is still a good man for loving u right... grin

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ajujuju2: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
salford1:

10pm! The things we took for granted in Nigeria .. Lol

Abeg on things like this on a day like today, I say: Nigeria we hail theee....

O sorry, ts now Arise o coppershaun! grin grin Sorry i meant to type 'o compartriots!'

grin grin grin Mischief me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.