Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (80831 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 05, 2017
we are loosing the main item of discussion ...canada is far better than Nigeria in most area na only weather Nigeria better pass

but the points should be mr A left nigeria for canada and i did so and so this where i am today while mr b would say i remained in nigeria now am so and so
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by olutowo(m): 3:31pm On May 05, 2017
Well, my advice to the OP is that bro, migrate to canada through federal skill and u will forever happy u did and u can use the peanuts u get there to invest in naija for those that want to stay back and build naija...but as for me and my generations, we settle for better life and owo dolapo ooooooo
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by CoCoLav(f): 7:15pm On May 05, 2017
goldedprince:
if he is smart enough, let him move. but if he is an olodo, its beter he stays in naija.
btw, 400k naira is less than 1k usd.
mmmmm that can be made in 2 days there if he has a good brain.

By selling drugs?? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by goldedprince: 7:37pm On May 05, 2017
CoCoLav:

Please show me the way o

How can a new immigrant make 1 million in 12 hours? grin
not something i can post here but also depends on your country. grin grin
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16am On May 06, 2017
maternal:

Very few people are building houses with their own money. Only the few successful business men. The majority are thieves, stealing/looting the country's wealth. Nigeria has a bi-polar distribution of wealth with really no middle class. You're literally either really rich or poor. Who are these "people" ? Definitely not the common man. How many more millions of dollars must the EFCC find in politicians houses before you guys stop playing the "people are doing big things with their money" narrative ? Like a poster said how much does it cost to buy or build a house in naija with the pathetic naira once you have dollars ? Or the unemployed small boy who'd do the labor for 1/20 of the price someone would here because they're desperate for work. I personal have a house there and it's no big deal.

The truth is Nigeria's economy would literally collapse without people from the diaspora sending/investing money back there, since the politicians just steal whatever they can. 35 billion remitted and you don't think a few billions went into real estate ?

"In 2016, Nigerians living abroad remitted $35 billion, higher than 2015. This is the highest in Africa and the third largest in the world. Nigerians are excelling all over the world" She said.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201612210454.html

Sorry for you, stay there and keep posting statistics when will you come down to see what your mates are doing? Continue

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 8:49am On May 06, 2017
Apextitan and alikote leave that matter you guys have derailed too on the subject matter....

I like this subject and it really concerns me I am still in nigeria although I was almost going january I had to sit down and drafted my future in usa and my future in nigeria.

please this is fully My OWN OPINION so dont come and bash me or insult me just correct me expecially does abroad I may not know too well whats optainable there but using my relative has a nurse in usa

now lets do this maths a man 25 yrs nigerian gets a job after school pays him 400k a month he decides he will stay with his parents for a while since its thier house and its very comfortable so every month he spends 100k on expenses and saves 300k in five yrs he has saved 18millon he decides to rent a house when got to 30yrs so lets 100k from his savings thats 200k left now in another 10 yrs he would have saved 24million total now is 42million tell me that guy cant buy a land in a good part in lagos and build a bungalow for himself and build something else for tenants and from there live a good life.......

now at 25 he decides usa he gets going to school getting his papers right and start a good job will take like 5 yrs he is now a nurse start up salary is 3k dolls at 30yrs he decides to save 1k every month in 10yrs he would have saved 120k dolls if he decides to come to nija with the money (lets peg the dollar at 200naira when he decides to come it could be more or less) that means he has 24 million naira

my take on both life is the guy that decided to stay in nigeria is wiser....
This is exactly what I calculated that made me not leave nigeria then and it was too late for me to leave at my age in january when I was to choose again

so the guy saying nigerians dont build houses many bankers at age 40 are staying in their own houses now not to talk of other biz men and oil workers...... I am a living example grin

5 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On May 06, 2017
youngestland:
Apextitan and alikote leave that matter you guys have derailed too on the subject matter....

I like this subject and it really concerns me I am still in nigeria although I was almost going january I had to sit down and drafted my future in usa and my future in nigeria.

please this is fully My OWN OPINION so dont come and bash me or insult me just correct me expecially does abroad I may not know too well whats optainable there but using my relative has a nurse in usa

now lets do this maths a man 25 yrs nigerian gets a job after school pays him 400k a month he decides he will stay with his parents for a while since its thier house and its very comfortable so every month he spends 100k on expenses and saves 300k in five yrs he has saved 18millon he decides to rent a house when got to 30yrs so lets 100k from his savings thats 200k left now in another 10 yrs he would have saved 24million total now is 42million tell me that guy cant buy a land in a good part in lagos and build a bungalow for himself and build something else for tenants and from there live a good life.......

now at 25 he decides usa he gets going to school getting his papers right and start a good job will take like 5 yrs he is now a nurse start up salary is 3k dolls at 30yrs he decides to save 1k every month in 10yrs he would have saved 120k dolls if he decides to come to nija with the money (lets peg the dollar at 200naira when he decides to come it could be more or less) that means he has 24 million naira

This is exactly what I calculated that made me not leave nigeria then and it was too late for me to leave at my age in january when I was to choose again

so the guy saying nigerians to build houses many bankers at age 40 are staying in their own houses now not to talk of other biz men and oil workers...... I am a living example ;Du make sense this type of clear analaysis we want not insults

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:31am On May 06, 2017
youngestland:

so the guy saying nigerians to build houses many bankers at age 40 are staying in their own houses now not to talk of other biz men and oil workers...... I am a living example grin

Do you really believe this your calculation?

5 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 11:02am On May 06, 2017
[quote author=Alikote post=56256622][/quote]

thanks alikote but I will like to know if my calculation of the life abroad is at least 70% true
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 11:18am On May 06, 2017
justwise:

Do you really believe this your calculation?

bros I wrote 'I am a living example'

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by justwise(m): 11:27am On May 06, 2017
youngestland:

bros I wrote 'I am a living example'

Ok but in what sense? You lived with your parents for 5yrs and saved 18M? And moved out to rent your own place and saved 42M after 10yrs?
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 11:53am On May 06, 2017
justwise:

Ok but in what sense? You lived with your parents for 5yrs and saved 18M? And moved out to rent your own place and saved 42M after 10yrs?

grin grin

bros I am still far from 40yrs but atleast I stay in my house

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by justwise(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2017
youngestland:

grin grin

bros I am still far from 40yrs but atleast I stay in my house

That did not answer my question
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 2:20pm On May 06, 2017
justwise:

That did not answer my question

bros read between the line please grin cheesy

what is the cost of an average 3 bedroom on a plot of land in lagos not outskirt o
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by justwise(m): 2:28pm On May 06, 2017
youngestland:

bros read between the line please grin cheesy

what is the cost of an average 3 bedroom on a plot of land in lagos not outskirt o

42M
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 3:12pm On May 06, 2017
justwise:

42M

Bros now....... read please

from my calculation I have to be 40yrs to be worth 42million so at my age and what I have I am sure on the right part.so come back when I am 40 and ask what I am worth I can bet I will be worth more than 42million in properties grin grin cheesy smiley wink
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by lorenzos1: 3:30pm On May 06, 2017
[quote author=Alikote post=56256622][/quote]

Oga this ur calculations get as he be oooh! Though u already said we should not bash u as it is ur personal opinion but haba at least b objective. . you cant sell dollars for 200naira na.. Even wit CBN daily intervention its still about N390.. Then again which entry level Job go pay you 400k per month... Maybe oil coy.. Dunno of any bank ooh. You probably have to put in some years before u earn up to that and by then you are not likely to be 25yrs old.. So u av to recalculate d age and monthly savings too.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 3:54pm On May 06, 2017
lorenzos1:

Oga this ur calculations get as he be oooh! Though u already said we should not bash u as it is ur personal opinion but haba at least b objective. . you cant sell dollars for 200naira na.. Even wit CBN daily intervention its still about N390.. Then again which entry level Job go pay you 400k per month... Maybe oil coy.. Dunno of any bank ooh. You probably have to put in some years before u earn up to that and by then you are not likely to be 25yrs old.. So u av to recalculate d age and monthly savings too.

bros please read o I said lets peg the dollar at 200naira it could be more or less unless you can tell me what exchange rate will be in the year 2032
bros there are jobs that pay
And I used that amount because thats the amount this guy is earning now
Simply put if this guy leaves nigeria now that he has attained this level of 400k in 15years he will be able to save half of what he would have saved in nigeria this is still my own opinion o plss
I am still waiting for people in usa to tell me if he can make more than what I calculated legally pls legally o smiley
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by justwise(m): 4:25pm On May 06, 2017
youngestland:

bros please read o I said lets peg the dollar at 200naira it could be more or less unless you can tell me what exchange rate will be in the year 2032
bros there are jobs that pay
And I used that amount because thats the amount this guy is earning now
Simply put if this guy leaves nigeria now that he has attained this level of 400k in 15years he will be able to save half of what he would have saved in nigeria this is still my own opinion o plss
I am still waiting for people in usa to tell me if he can make more than what I calculated legally pls legally o smiley

If you are using his current salary then why are you using 200 naira as dollar exchange rate?

Do you believe that somebody in US with a starting salary of $3k a month will still be earning the same amount in 15yrs time?

5 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 06, 2017
lorenzos1:

the guy has worked 10 year and in the next 5 year he will be on around 800 k permonth when he enter very senior managment cadre and will be 40 years

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 5:05pm On May 06, 2017
justwise:

If you are using his current salary then why are you using 200 naira as dollar exchange rate?

Do you believe that somebody in US with a starting salary of $3k a month will still be earning the same amount in 15yrs time?

200 naira is a forcast because it might be higher or lower in 15yrs time unless he will get to usa today and work one year and save 120k dollars

then I was waiting for someone to bring this up the guy in nigeria earning 400k now cannot remain at 400k in 15yrs too now.... so lets dont calculate with salary increament lets calculate with what they both earn right now

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by justwise(m): 5:26pm On May 06, 2017
youngestland:

200 naira is a forcast because it might be higher or lower in 15yrs time unless he will get to usa today and work one year and save 120k dollars

then I was waiting for someone to bring this up the guy in nigeria earning 400k now cannot remain at 400k in 15yrs too now.... so lets dont calculate with salary increament lets calculate with what they both earn right now

Bro you don't make life decisions on assumptions and most importantly you don't compare earnings in Nigeria and what it can afford you to that of any developed country.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Babaelemu: 6:53pm On May 06, 2017
People forget the reality of life. Doing calculation that is not realistic. Count yourself lucky if you earn lucrative wages for straight 5 or more years in foreign land or even at your home country. Life is not like that! You cannot budget or predict what will happen in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by wyzoe: 7:02pm On May 06, 2017
Pidgin2 your reaction

SystemSpecs:
Stutern, a Lagos-based online platform has published the salary distribution of employed graduates in Nigeria. Stutern carries out studies on employment in Nigeria and Nigerian universities and this year, they created something called the Nigerian Graduate report. According to the report released, statistics were obtained between 2010-2016. Stutern embarked on a study into the salary distribution of employed graduates and below is what was found out.

1. More than 50% of Nigerians currently earn N50,000 or less on a monthly basis.
2. 1 in 4 new graduates earn less than N20,000 monthly as starting salary.
3. Over 80% of employed graduates currently earn not more than N150,000 per month.
4. Most graduates earn between N20,000 - N50,000 monthly both as starting salary and current salary.
5. Only about 1.92% earn above N150,000 monthly.

https://www.naij.com/1103088-this-graduates-earn-nigeria-starting-salary.html
Do you wonder why people are looking for an exit?
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 7:08pm On May 06, 2017
Pidgin2:

Sorry for you, stay there and keep posting statistics when will you come down to see what your mates are doing? Continue

I have. They're not doing much. I guess stats don't mean much ? Nigerians I swear.

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 9:27pm On May 06, 2017
Babaelemu:
People forget the reality of life. Doing calculation that is not realistic. Count yourself lucky if you earn lucrative wages for straight 5 or more years in foreign land or even at your home country. Life is not like that! You cannot budget or predict what will happen in the future.

Most Nigerians aren't sure if their boss will pay them their salary at months end, let alone plan for years. Even abroad where everything is organized, one can't make such a forecast for years, let alone in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 9:50pm On May 06, 2017
wyzoe:

Do you wonder why people are looking for an exit?

Why did you post these stats here?

Do you want these facts to get the way of some people's opinions?

Don't you know that we as Nigerians prefer to base our decisions on anecdotes and stories (usually of the flattering kind) instead of logic or facts or the hard truth?

grin grin grin
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 12:36am On May 07, 2017
youngestland:

so the guy saying nigerians dont build houses many bankers at age 40 are staying in their own houses now not to talk of other biz men and oil workers...... I am a living example grin

1. A man (25 years old) spent 100k but saved 300k per month out of his 400k salary. His parents let him stay with them for 5 years. He saves N18M if he is calculating 5 years from now, he has no idea what value the money will be but he stays put. Meanwhile, N26M which was $130k in 2014 is about $67k today (3 years after).

2. Now 30 years old, he decides to rent a house. So instead of saving 300k he saves 200k and spends 200k a month. How much is rent a year? His expenses per year due to the rent? His feeding? His furniture? Somehow he does not care about all this. He robotically saves 200k a month for the next 10 years and now has 24M to add to his 18M. Bear in mind, he is 40 now. Unmarried. Or married without paying school fees, buying a car or taking care of his wife etc. So he is now 40 and has 42M saved and this 10 more years gone. He does not consider that his 42M which was worth $210k in 2014 maybe worth $105k 15 years later.

3. He believes that money can get him a good piece of land and enough to build something for himself and tenants 15 years from now. When politicians are already buying 4 bedroom condominiums in Ikoyi for $1.658M. When plots of land in Ajah go for 15-25M a plot (in unroaded estates). The only place that 40 year old man maybe able to afford a plot of land 15 years from now will be in Ajegunle, Olodi Apapa, Oshodi etc. He is really planning well.

4. The flipside has someone who went to US to read nursing for a whopping 5 years etc and then gets a job. But Mr Calculator assumes such a person will earn $3k a month which is 36k a year (meanwhile Nurses on average earn 70-110k a year). Meanwhile retired ratings in US earn a non-taxable pension of $2k a month. When Facebook interns earn $8k a month. But Mr. Calculator claims nurses earn $3k a month. LOL.

5. Let us assume his figures are right and the nurse saves 1k a month. In 10 years time, the $120k he has saved is still better than the $105k that Mr 42M savings would have had and if we assume that the $ will be at the N400/$ that it is today 10 years from now, that $120k will be 48M. But remember, that nurse with 10 years of experience will be earning way more than $3k a month but Mr Calculator does not consider it at all.

6. Mr fake Calculator is not wiser. He is actually a fool. He makes wrong projections with wrong values and assumes wishful thinking will make up the deficit. He will wake up age 40 and realize he made a foolish decision and you know what they say about fools at 40?

7. Bankers, Oil workers even hardworking average Joes in US and better developed countries do own their own houses and experience a better quality of life. That proportion is not the same in Nigeria at all. Yes, most oil workers (IOCs and NOCs like NNPC, DPR etc) have theirs at age 40 yes. But bankers are few and far between with a greater proportion living below 400k a month and in rented apartments. The spread and stats just demonstrate that on average, the quality of life favors the person in the US and not the Nigerian.

8. In conclusion, it was good you did not leave for the US as the US does not need your miscalculations and false narratives. Please stay back in Nigeria and "hustle" waiting by and by that one day you'd be appointed the DG of NIA so you can pocket $43M and hide it in your Ikoyi condo. Do not create fake stories to hoodwink an unsuspecting person asking for advice. Thanks.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09am On May 07, 2017
^^^This cool

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 4:05am On May 07, 2017
quote author=Eruditor post=56280344]

1. A man (25 years old) spent 100k but saved 300k per month out of his 400k salary. His parents let him stay with them for 5 years. He saves N18M if he is calculating 5 years from now, he has no idea what value the money will be but he stays put. Meanwhile, N26M which was $130k in 2014 is about $67k today (3 years after).

2. Now 30 years old, he decides to rent a house. So instead of saving 300k he saves 200k and spends 200k a month. How much is rent a year? His expenses per year due to the rent? His feeding? His furniture? Somoehow he does not care about all this. He robotically saves 200k a month for the next 10 years and now has 24M to add to his 18M. Bear in mind, he is 40 now. Unmarried. Or married without paying school fees, buying a car or taking care of his wife etc. So he is now 40 and has 42M saved and this 10 more years gone. He does not consider that his 42M which was worth $210k in 2014 maybe worth $105k 15 years later.

3. He believes that money can get him a good piece of land and enough to build something for himself and tenants 15 years from now. When politicians are already buying 4 bedroom condominiums in Ikoyi for $1.658M. When plots of land in Ajah go for 15-25M a plot (in unroaded estates). The only place that 40 year old man maybe able to afford a plot of land 15 years from now will be in Ajegunle, Olodi Apapa, Oshodi etc. He is really planning well.

4. The flipside has someone who went to US to read nursing for a whopping 5 years etc and then gets a job. But Mr Calculator assumes such a person will earn $3k a month which is 36k a year (meanwhile Nurses on average earn 70-110k a year). Meanwhile retired ratings in US earn a non-taxable pension of $2k a month. When Facebook interns earn $8k a month. But Mr. Calculator claims nurses earn $3k a month. LOL.

5. Let us assume his figures are right and the nurse saves 1k a month. In 10 years time, the $120k he has saved is still better than the $105k that Mr 42M savings would have had and if we assume that the $ will be at the N400/$ that it is today 10 years from now, that $120k will be 48M. But remember, that nurse with 10 years of experience will be earning way more than $3k a month but Mr Calculator does not consider it at all.

6. Mr fake Calculator is not wiser. He is actually a fool. He makes wrong projections with wrong values and assumes wishful thinking will make up the deficit. He will wake up age 40 and realize he made a foolish decision and you know what they say about fools at 40?

7. Bankers, Oil workers even hardworking average Joes in US and better developed countries do own their own houses and experience a better quality of life. That proportion is not the same in Nigeria at all. Yes, most oil workers (IOCs and NOCs like NNPC, DPR etc) have theirs at age 40 yes. But bankers are few and far between with a greater proportion living below 400k a month and in rented apartments. The spread and stats just demonstrate that on average, the quality of life favors the person in the US and not the Nigerian.

8. In conclusion, it was good you did not leave for the US as the US does not need your miscalculations and false narratives. Please stay back in Nigeria and "hustle" waiting by and by that one day you'd be appointed the DG of NIA so you can pocket $43M and hide it in your Ikoyi condo. Do not create fake stories to hoodwink an unsuspecting person asking for advice. Thanks.[/quote]

What are you saying absolute rubbish........ you just wasted your time writting this please go back and read carefully again and bros we are not fighting

let me help you small because I dont know how to start I just tire

the man in usa will also have some major or minor expenses too he too will get married he will give birth to children he will also buy cars etc
And please I said let us peg the dollar at 200naira because no one knows what the value will be in 15 years time........and his salary will not remain 400k for 15years now and the same thing applies to the nurse in usa what kind of house will he buy with 120k dollars in usa ........quality of life I can agree with you sir

please people read and understand my calculation, very few people I see understand....
No one is even sure of his life for 15years anything can happen we are just saying
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Registered_Nurse_(RN)/Hourly_Rate/b6142914/Entry-Level
thats the average salary for a fresh nurse and mr I am not a fool because I did this same calculation when I was 25 and I am not yet 40 I stay in my own built house and presently have another one going for tenants so by the time I am 40 I am too sure I would have passed the 42million mark...... I still changed cars o, and did some expenses. You guys dont know the power of saving and investing

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures / The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 483
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.