Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (81005 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nigeriadondie: 2:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
IstandWitBuhari:

The admin of nairaland cc seun please is time you put this pigin2 where he or she belongs.

I have visited over 12 threads in this travel section and all her comments are abusive to other members in this section.

He or she moves from thread to thread insulting and abusing innocent people. Please its time the admins cc seun and cc justwise put pigin2 on a long term ban.

Thanks
That has always been my issue with her. U make ur opinion and the moment it does not align with her she starts to rain insults on d person. She is frustrated, animalistic, less-human. She is a complete nuisance on nairaland including those that follows her, the likes of Amya.

5 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
sisisioge:

You are now my bestie! You just found me my darling husband. We would forever be grateful to you. Our children shall be your children's friends, our dog will be nice to your family, we will love you and yours forever grin

OP, pls drop the guy's number. I would love to counsel him personally. He's staying in naija for sure!

Hian!
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Amya(f): 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

That has always been my issue with her. U make ur opinion and the moment it does not align with her she starts to rain insults on d person. She is frustrated, animalistic, less-human. She is a complete nuisance on nairaland including those that follows her, the likes of Amya.

It's like there's something wrong with you. Get off my mentions.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by sisisioge: 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
Dyt:

Ori bobo na to gbale
cheesy cheesy

No mind am grin.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 21, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

It is u something is wrong. When u chose to get involved in what doesn’t concern u as u ve turned yourself to Pidgin2’s puppy.
U stooped so low to lick her boots. Get off from here non-entity

Ode, you are my slave forever, all your post is about me grin my slave, i control you grin I lead and you must follow me, my posts will torment you forever, you are imprisoned by me grin

Amdy this loser is a lunatic hermit , unfortunately he will keep mentioning you as he is not mentally ok, just bear it. Not every one is sane and surely Nigeriandondie is a senile fellow grin grin
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Ggetter50: 8:13am On Dec 21, 2017
salford:

Manitoba is an excellent province for any student hoping to get a PR via studies. Right now...its the best for that. Tough in other provinces.
If you like agriculture, manitoba is also still the best province for that.
Just make sure you get on a program that has a coop. It would you give you thay valuable canadian experience alot of employers desire. If possible, get on a course that few canadian students register on...stem courses that is. Try to avoid business, art or humanities courses..

Also, GCE is accepted in Canada.
check out the thread below.
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Hey bro, please what did you mean by a program with coop?

And did you mean that, one has chances of getting good job in Canada if you study any course in STEM, just like in the US?

Thanks, I would appreciate your reply.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by samhay: 6:45am On Jan 06, 2018
ApexTitan:

After seeing this old post quoted above I had to address it . . . for my own enjoyment of course.

So Nigerians don't know the likes of Drake, The Weeknd, Keanu Reeves, Keifer Sutherland, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion, Ryan Reynolds, Ellen Page, Brendan Fraser or Justin Bieber?

Tell me something

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even if I no knw anybody in this world, I Sabi Jack Bauer
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Yupng: 9:48am On Jan 07, 2018
Pidgin2:

You should know that there are many people being sold as slaves today because travel agents come here to entice people and lead them astray, also many lies are being told about life abroad being paved with gold. These people are ready to do all sorts to maintain their lies and trade but people like you will not see those insulting me because you are also one of the desperate ones who will end up in slavery soon.

Seun and others know how important it is to maintain a balance between those who are desperate to lead others astray and people like us who direct others with wisdom

Like I said to the other moniker, get lost.

Keep up the good job @Pidgin2. If only they know what good you are doing to them here. It is unfortunate that many abroads are not truthful about their real experience. Beside the other hurdles faced as immigrants, your Nigerian identity will also increase your burden abroad.

Our youths need to be seriously re-orientated about migrating abroad. You leave a banking job in Nigeria and go to london to work in a macdonalads and you are feeling fulfilled. receive sense, your destiny is wasting away.

Thousands wont come back home, not because they are fulfilled, but because they are more concern about what their folks back home will say.

4 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Sharonose: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
Schwartz:

Don't try it! I repeat DONT TRY IT! I live abroad, I have seen first hand what Nigerians who relocate straight from Nigeria without a waiting job offer go through. You will be starting life afresh. Your certificates and work experience you acquired in Nigeria will have to be put aside. It won't do anything for you. You have to start with menial jobs first. Then gather money and go back to school. Write multiple qualification exams. All these take years. When you are done, if you didn't read a course that is in short supply eg Medical field, IT and a few others you will face rejections before you MAY get a white collar job. For those who read economics, business admin, etc your chances are slimer especially in Germany where I reside plus I believe its so in other places too. Because I know for a fact that Nigerian women take to Nursing in the USA for the reasons I mentioned. Here in Germany the day I experienced -24 degree everyone was shaking from cold even the whites where covered so much, a lot of them were wearing thick face masks. And Shinarambo said today its -46 in Canada. That is very extreme for anyone. The grass is never greener on the other side. Remain in Nigeria, when you want to travel abroad go for a visit, With that kind of salary you earn in Nigeria, no county will reject your visa. I have seen many take this route you are about to take and they are regretting. Before you will reach the same level (managerial) you are now if you go abroad it will take many years and you may never reach it because trust me the whites you going to meet to compete with in the job market are far more educated and skilled than you can imagine.
u said my mind..thank u...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Sharonose: 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
Benjamite01:
I dont know about Canada, But here in USA, i move here about 3months ago,because i don have my papers yet, and i work in a Factory 10hrs a day.I make 2k dollars in a Month. that is 1million naira in a Month. its worth it if you find yourself here.you will like like human being and be proud of yourself because at the end of the week you will realize that Hard-work Pays when your check is handed to u. I check my pocket now and still looking at $500 i cash yesterday. America is indeed Great.
preach...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Sharonose: 3:40pm On Jan 25, 2018
Truth is the pro Nigeria debaters are just arguing for argument sake and that's the truth and one of the reason why I just view and waka pass.

The OP is not going as a student(even if he were, and can sustain himself financially, I would encourage him), he is going the PR route. I don't know about some of you but his chances of success is way brighter in Canada than in Nigeria. Some people equate success to dangote's kinds of success. There are different kinds. I am not as wealthy as Dangote (infact I no near am) but I am comfortable. Most things I have today I got by merit and the reason why it's so is because I wasn't in Nigeria. Truth is, if I were, I would need Daddy's connect to find my way around and say I refused the help from Daddy the road to success/finding a good job would be long and hard. I know of a nurse here who is currently the facility Manager of one of the Aged care homes here. She finished Uni end of 2013. She is African. But she earned that post through hardwork and got the position. To get such a title within 3 years of uni completion? How many people get promoted in Nigeria because of their hard work? people get promoted in Naija based on who knows who.

You cannot compare Nigeria to Canada. I am sorry, there is no basis for comparison. You have either the High class or the lower class in Nigeria. What you call Middle class in Nigeria could be seen as Lower class in many developed country.

We talk about alternative medicine, abeg how many life threatening disease/s as it cured? how many cancers have it cured? what killed Muna Obekwe in Nigeria? kidney issue? he had exhausted all his finances to pay for dialysis and he still died. There is a story trending on social media at the moment of a girl called Maryann suffering from congenital arteries and veins malformation. Naija celebs are rallying around trying to help her...if that girl does not get the help that she deserves, death is patiently awaiting. Someone I know died of bowel obstruction some two years ago due to lack of proper health care. I could go on and on.

I live in a country where we enjoy universal health care (health is wealth). Patients who have cancer are cared for expensive drugs inclusive. Those discovered early are fought against and sometimes won. These same patients would leave the hospital without paying a cent.

I also live in a country where I am paid to have a child. For each child I birth, the government welcomes the child into the world with a cheque in your hand. cool

If I lose my job now, the government would take over my bills until I am back on my feet.

My first home, the government contributed to it free

Can you all arguing blindly pro Nigeria do me one lovely favour and just be quiet for a second? THANK YOU
my cosine died of kidney disease...hospital were busy treating typhoid all along....they didn't knw it was kidney issue until it was too late...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by macbeyland(m): 9:29am On Apr 14, 2018
I sincerely hope this thread hasn't died because I'm really learning from the discussions here.

Truth is, I'm fed up here and won't think twice about leaving Nigeria. Canada is one place on my mind. Just not sure how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2018
macbeyland:
I sincerely hope this thread hasn't died because I'm really learning from the discussions here.

Truth is, I'm fed up here and won't think twice about leaving Nigeria. Canada is one place on my mind. Just not sure how to go about it.

Nigeria has become something else
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by DONFASZY(m): 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
maternal:

Your destiny is not the next man's. Your post is filled with ignorance and bias. To begin with Shinarambo lives in the coldest part of Canada. I have never experienced -46. Winter in a city like Vancouver for example is usually 2 degrees, while Toronto for example is a few degrees below 0. Not to mention you'll get a good 6 months of good weather. As for economics prosperity, I also live abroad and I've seen Nigerians who are losers and some who are winners. You see here unlike naija, your destiny is literally in your own hands. Yes ones qualification will most likely not be recognized, because Nigeria's educational system is a joke. So one can easily go back to school for the 4 years and obtain Canadian qualifications, or they can sit down and continue to complain. I've seen many Nigerians obtain good jobs with 2-4 years after arriving here through hard work and networking. My cousin arrived here 8 months ago and faced the same issues. He took a professional exam, used his naija bank experience, and just got a very good working for a major bank here in Canada. All this within 8 months. He has his own place, gets paid ON TIME, has money in the bank, etc. He shakes thinking what his future would have been like had he stayed in naija. Whereas I know useless Nigerians who have been here for 10+ plus and still do minimal jobs. Here is based on merits. And yes over here you have to work for everything you get. Lastly this made me laugh. "With that kind of salary you earn in Nigeria, no county will reject your visa". To begin with, the money he makes is small boy change over here. What's that 800 or so Canadian dollars. And secondly, as you can see with Trump's executive order, 3rd world passports aren't respected around the world. So long as you carry that green passport, you're never guaranteed a visa period.

I'm always confused why people who live ABROAD always discourage those back home to come abroad. With all your "hardship" abroad yet u still dey there. Enemy of progress I swear.
Lolx...u nailed it throw more light on hw to move into CA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 18, 2018
Honestly if u can leave naija pls leave,holding that green passport is like a curse,that passport brings alot of harm than good honestly...We just relocated to canad not up to three weeks and hubby already has a job,d job pays better than when he was a manager in a naija bank of course his pay was way above ure 400k...so please for the sake of ure kids sef,it is worth it.
Just make sure you come here legally.

7 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 5:04am On Aug 18, 2018
hotD:
Honestly if u can leave naija pls leave,holding that green passport is like a curse,that passport brings alot of harm than good honestly...We just relocated to canad not up to three weeks and hubby already has a job,d job pays better than when he was a manager in a naija bank of course his pay was way above ure 400k...so please for the sake of ure kids sef,it is worth it.

You got that right tho

FSW has been the medium through which many flee

Thank God for FSW
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 8:49am On Aug 20, 2018
temitope06:
There's really no need for the argument, its personal preference. If someone chooses to stay in all these economic hardship, no electricity, no good infrastructure, the worst healthcare, child kidnappings, no security for lives and property, no jobs, frustrating environment even to start ur own biz even with no tax, high cost of everything, insane people, ordinary senator earning more than POTUS, and 500 other crazy situations, pls let them be. As for me and my family, we shall serve the Lord... from oyinbo land if I get the opportunity.

grin grin grin
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Partnerbiz(f): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2018
hotD:

I hope you didn't conclude job was better than Nigeria's own by merely converting dollar to naira...?
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Ysakaws: 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mrval20:
If I were your friend, I'd move!
It might take him some time to settle down and live a comfortable life once again but it's worth the whole stress. He should move for the future of his kids. They'll forever remain grateful.
I keep hearing this statement “...for the future of your kids.” What are the ways migrating to Canada will affect the future of your kids?
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
Ysakaws:

I keep hearing this statement “...for the future of your kids.” What are the ways migrating to Canada will affect the future of your kids?

If it's not already obvious to You, whatever one tells you won't make a difference.

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by snowlordng(m): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2018
Guys my mum has nd in public health with over 10years experience as a government worker ..by God's grace she will get her bsc in public health in January ...is there any chances of her getting canadian permanent residence ..she's 45
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Princelife: 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
Good day All,
Thanks for your help on this platform, I appreciate.

Please I need advice.
I have submitted all documents to Manitoba since April 2019 but assessment is still in progress till date. My score is 342 age 37
Please what do I do.

Also, I want to know if I could edit my EE profile to include other provinces instead of only Manitoba as it is now.

Thank you.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by chuklesley02(m): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fusion23:

I do not understand are you trying to make a comparison ? I love Nigeria and we should not rubbish it but its funny to compare to USA .

Do you have the Data for Nigeria on savings, very true people do not save abroad because its a credit system you have loans and mortgages to pay back.

Do you know the state of the Nigerian Economy now where government and some private companies cant pay workers?

Or have you compared the statistics on Unemployment between the two countries?

Why I like Nigeria thou is that there are entrepreneurial opportunities, but the statistics to the population is nothing to write home about.

Abroad is not super special, People that are not freaked about abroad have access to it like Davido , Otedola and his children , Dangote and Co they can travel at anytime. But please do not compare those people to average Nigerians .

Aside from all these there is nothing to compare, please lets compare ourselves to South Korea , Malaysia , South Africa and so .
These countries u mentioned are still way better than us by whatever metrics.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2020
pansophist:
your friends wealth will not elevate him from the structural poverty Nigeria thrives in. Common South Africa, you'll need a visa to go. Your money will not exempt you from enduring the unstable power supply, guarantee you a reliable quality medicals etc. if I were you ma guy, I go Port.

Exactly so!

No matter how much you have

You are not spared from the mess in Nigeria
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:19am On Feb 01, 2020
Ysakaws:

A second passport

Better education and exposure

Mixing with people from across the world

Nigeria can NEVER give you that

Do you know the pain Nigerians with only Nigerian passport who are investment bankers go through

With a Canadian /Nigerian passport mix

You can waltz in and out of almost anywhere

Even if you are dangote
You no fit with your Nigerian kpali

Go and watch Dangote interview with mo Ibrahim and watch when dangote complain about it cheesy

We know what we are doing
We are not silly

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by DonBenghazi(m): 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
50 dollar to barb in Canada? 13k in naira equivalent? I better come start barbing in Canada.

that not how to compute money ...money is in the value it provide example we barb in nigeria for 300 naira while in canada is 50 dollar to achieve same thing that 13 k or banana IS 500 per bunch in najia while around 3000 naira in canada....it only when u bring u dollars to nijia that when u acheive tripple benefit ....
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Kingsmum: 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by NothingDoMe: 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
maternal:

This your "friend" sounds like yourself. Pack your bags and go my friend.
Lol
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by wasperjay: 12:39am On Sep 16, 2021
Please does anyone have the idea of what documents is required to apply for a student visa. I just got an offer and acceptance letter from the University of Manitoba in Canada.
Please help a brother, time is going and I don't want to use travel agents because of their ways

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Which European Country Can I Travel To With 3m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.