Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Emir Sanusi Wants Mosques Converted To Primary Schools - Premiumtimes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Wants Mosques Converted To Primary Schools - Premiumtimes (576 Views)

Kaduna South Chiefdoms To Be Converted To Emirates / Ex Corper That Converted To Islam As Vowed If BUHARI Wins Renounces Islam / I Want Mosques Converted To Primary Schools — Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi Wants Mosques Converted To Primary Schools - Premiumtimes by Surplus90(m): 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, has called on governors of northern states to convert mosques to primary schools, especially in the villages.
The emir made the call in his remarks at an event in the Kano Educational Week programme.
“I was in Morocco sometimes ago and I asked to see their universities. They took me to mosques where I saw each serving as classrooms teaching Computer Science and other subjects,” he said.
Mr. Sanusi said mosques were not initially meant for prayers alone.
He said historically, mosques were also used for other things like marriages, scholarly activities and leadership trainings.
He urged the northern state governors who have many mosques to return to the practice so as to save money for other needs.
The Emir said if the idea was adopted, funds allocated to building schools could be channeled to training of teachers and providing for their welfare and other teaching instruments.
At the event, Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, said the state government spent over N30 billion last year on salaries of teaching and non-teaching staff of schools in the 44 local councils of the state.
He said the programme being conducted was for the graduation of 2,500 teaching staff with National Certificate of Education and postgraduate diploma in education.
The governor said the state hoped to produce over 25,000 qualified teachers in Kano through the new initiative by next year.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/222852-emir-sanusi-wants-mosques-converted-primary-schools.html

Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Mosques Converted To Primary Schools - Premiumtimes by Mynd44: 5:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Mosques Converted To Primary Schools - Premiumtimes by vatiqan(m): 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2017
For Arabic studies?
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Mosques Converted To Primary Schools - Premiumtimes by skies(m): 6:37pm On Feb 08, 2017
King Sanusi of Kano. One of the wisest kings in Africa and the best in Nigeria. God bless you sir
Re: Emir Sanusi Wants Mosques Converted To Primary Schools - Premiumtimes by IPOB123london: 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
what do you think will happen if Igbo man ask for mosque to be converted to school

if you love your country called Nigeria

tell us

mad people

insane country

(1) (Reply)

Does God Hate Nigeria Nd Africa As A Whole. / Come And See @INECNIGERIA That Will Conduct 2019 Election... / Rivers Rerun: INEC Panel Indicts Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.