Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,684 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) (5131 Views)

China's War Against Religion.. / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion / Should Atheists Speak Out Against Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by TRIED4NOW: 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2017
Seun:
Hate? What hate? What is this person saying?

Can you please explain why it's okay to expose the lies of other preachers but not Adeboye?

All my posts explaining that Adeboye is after money have been removed by ur MODS,
why Seun?

Abi Adeboye don settle una MODS to keep the truth from people what?

1 Like

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Edenoscar(m): 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

You're wrong bro, they were 5 (five) Christians because the moderator completely joined the Christians too, it was hilarious

link please
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by hopefulLandlord: 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
Edenoscar:
link please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j3VU1T8ALU

paste it in your address bar

I'm scared of Nairaland antispambot
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Edenoscar(m): 8:19am On Feb 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j3VU1T8ALU

paste it in your address bar

I'm scared of Nairaland antispambot
thanks, will check it out
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Seun(m): 8:32am On Feb 10, 2017
AfroSamurai:
I'm saying all your negative thread directed at christianity is one-sided.
Negative? My threads are meant to free people from the heavy burden of religion so they can be happier and more successful. That's positive!

So you attack Christianity all the time and ignore Islam, aren't they Siamese twin?
I don't think anyone honestly believes that Islam is the true religion. If muslims could defend their faith logically, they wouldn't need violence.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by AfroSamurai: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2017
Seun:

Negative? My threads are meant to free people from the heavy burden of religion so they can be happier and more successful. That's positive!
Wrong! How many people have your threads freed? Instead, you reinforce your faith and give them zeal to counter you with more horseshit.

I don't think anyone honestly believes that Islam is the true religion. If muslims could defend their faith logically, they wouldn't need violence.
Then you don't you open threads condemning the violence, like you do condemning christianity?
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Seun(m): 8:58am On Feb 10, 2017
AfroSamurai:
Wrong! How many people have your threads freed? Instead, you reinforce your faith and give them zeal to counter you with more horseshit.
Many nairalanders have testified that they dropped religion to become deists or atheists because of the activities of atheists on Nairaland.

Then you don't you open threads condemning the violence, like you do condemning christianity?
I don't condemn Christianity. I just try to demonstrate that its claims are not true. I don't want people to believe things that are false, because false beliefs have bad consequences. If you believe you can fly, you might jump off a skyscraper and fall to your death. I wish to prevent that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by AfroSamurai: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2017
Seun:

Many nairalanders have testified that they dropped religion to become deists or atheists because of the activities of atheists on Nairaland.
I see.

I don't condemn Christianity. I just try to demonstrate that its claims are not true. I don't want people to believe things that are false, because false beliefs have bad consequences. If you believe you can fly, you might jump off a skyscraper and fall to your death. I wish to prevent that.
I see. Then you should extend this courtesy to Islam and muslims as well, they too need saving, don't you think so?
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Edwinmason(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
seun what do you derive from mocking christianity...despite the ill practice of islam you never condemn them but you are quick to push a topic that ridicule christianity to front page is because you are the owner of nairaland...you are always quick to support any thread that insult christianity but you never show up in moslems thread.,..you are not an atheist seun you just hate christianity
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Edwinmason(m): 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
where is seun?
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by bennyann: 10:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
Edwinmason:
seun what do you derive from mocking christianity...despite the ill practice of islam you never condemn them but you are quick to push a topic that ridicule christianity to front page is because you are the owner of nairaland...you are always quick to support any thread that insult christianity but you never show up in moslems thread.,..you are not an atheist seun you just hate christianity

You have a strong point. In one of the videos Islam was advised to be chosen instead of Christianity because the hell of the former is worse or so.....

So it's not wrong if we conclude most atheists hate Christianity but prefer Islam. Their greatest aim will be achieved when it's against Christians, the rest doesn't make them feel fulfilled.

I'm convinced day by day that Christianity is the way to go anytime I visit the religion section of Nairaland because they face the deadliest of attacks from the so called intelligent minds and others.

Jesus is really chasing them.
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 10, 2017
Seun:

Satanism is the true religion of man, the second oldest language spoken by man in ancient times was Sanskrit and in Sanskrit the meaning of Satan is Truth.
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by jonbellion(m): 12:16am On Feb 11, 2017
bennyann:

[s]You have a strong point. In one of the videos Islam was advised to be chosen instead of Christianity because the hell of the former is worse or so.....

So it's not wrong if we conclude most atheists hate Christianity but prefer Islam. Their greatest aim will be achieved when it's against Christians, the rest doesn't make them feel fulfilled.

I'm convinced day by day that Christianity is the way to go anytime I visit the religion section of Nairaland because they face the deadliest of attacks from the so called intelligent minds and others.

Jesus is really chasing them[/s].
don't be naive baby girl
The only reason why it would seem like that is simply because most athiests on this forum where former christians so it would only be rational to criticise the faith they grew up in
Because that is where they would be most knowledgeable on.
Attack
Do you even know what attack is.
Criticism is not attack
Christians are the ones that try to influence the outdated policies in everybody's lives
Christianity is the most actively evangelical (as in trying to sell itself) religion on the planet. There isn't a poor, isolated tribe in the middle of the Amazonian jungle that isn't harassed by Christian missionaries trying to get them to give up their traditional beliefs and embrace Christ. Sooner or later, these Christianized groups start causing trouble for everyone else.Christianity is almost certainly the most virulent, anti-social religion on the planet. Christians are spending more money in your community to build churches, start radio stations and recruit your friends and neighbours to their cult than any other spiritual belief. If you want to prevent the encroachment of irrational beliefs and obnoxious behaviour in your community, Christianity is the movement that's most urgent to resist. Christians attack other groups, like atheists, gay people and other religions, campaign against civil liberties, promote abstinence only against all the evidence, try to insinuate their mythology into science classes, meddle in politics and blame natural disasters on things they don't like, then whine about being persecuted when they don't get everything their own way?
If you attack others, don't complain when they retaliate.
I'm tired of repeating this again and again
There is nothing special in Christianity
Buhdists don't behave this way
Hindus don't behave this way
Islam(to an extent does not behave this way)
Jainism does not behave this way
I have never seen a muslim on this forum threaten a person with eternal fire or call all religion followers "demon possessed "
As for the christians I can point you to Analce107

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by bennyann: 6:16am On Feb 11, 2017
jonbellion:
don't be naive baby girl
The only reason why it would seem like that is simply because most athiests on this forum where former christians so it would only be rational to criticise the faith they grew up in
Because that is where they would be most knowledgeable on.
Attack
Do you even know what attack is.
Criticism is not attack
Christians are the ones that try to influence the outdated policies in everybody's lives
Christianity is the most actively evangelical (as in trying to sell itself) religion on the planet. There isn't a poor, isolated tribe in the middle of the Amazonian jungle that isn't harassed by Christian missionaries trying to get them to give up their traditional beliefs and embrace Christ. Sooner or later, these Christianized groups start causing trouble for everyone else.Christianity is almost certainly the most virulent, anti-social religion on the planet. Christians are spending more money in your community to build churches, start radio stations and recruit your friends and neighbours to their cult than any other spiritual belief. If you want to prevent the encroachment of irrational beliefs and obnoxious behaviour in your community, Christianity is the movement that's most urgent to resist. Christians attack other groups, like atheists, gay people and other religions, campaign against civil liberties, promote abstinence only against all the evidence, try to insinuate their mythology into science classes, meddle in politics and blame natural disasters on things they don't like, then whine about being persecuted when they don't get everything their own way?
If you attack others, don't complain when they retaliate.
I'm tired of repeating this again and again
There is nothing special in Christianity
Buhdists don't behave this way
Hindus don't behave this way
Islam(to an extent does not behave this way)
Jainism does not behave this way
I have never seen a muslim on this forum threaten a person with eternal fire or call all religion followers "demon possessed "
As for the christians I can point you to Analce107

Yes, that's my baby boy. My worldly experienced jonbellion angry. The one who will make it to heaven eventually by fire by force cheesy

I wouldn't want to argue with all you said about Christians up there but I know you have a conscience.

After saying all that, what's now the difference between you the atheists and all you just talked about there.

If we go by what you just said, another group might just come up and criticize you over the same thing, then it may turn out to be in a continuous circle.

My point is from all the points you gave against Christians, all the same points can be given against you, the atheists also. I don't see the difference between what you just said about christians and what you are also doing.

So it would be fair if you're not hypocritic about it.

But did a Christian once hold a knife to your throat asking you to give your life to Christ? I don't understand what you're all pissed about. undecided

Analice107 will soon come for you. You just can't do without her lipsrsealed

This is for you :

At A Mental Hospital :
Doctor: - "What is this?"
Mad Man: - "This is a book i wrote. Total 500 pages."
Doctor- "You wrote 500 pages?!... woooooow, What did you write?"
Mad man: "On the first page i wrote One King rode on a Horse and went towards the Jungle.
And on the last page i wrote The King reached the Jungle."
Doctor:- "So what did you write in the remaining 498 pages?"
Mad Man:- "I wrote;
Tigdik tigdik tigdik
tigdik.... tigdik tigdik tigdik tigdik.
Tigdik tigdik tigdik tigdik tigdik....
tigdik tigdik tigdik tigdik. Tigdik
tigdik tigdik tigdik tigdik....
Tigdik tigdik tigdik tigdik. Tigdik
Tigdik tigdik tigdik tigdik.
Tigdik tigdik tigdik
tigdik tigdik. Tigdik
Tigdik tigdik tigdik
tigdik tigdik tigdik....
Tigdik tigdik tigdik
tigdik tigdik. Tigdik
Tigdik ti tigdik tigdik...
Tigdiki tigdik tigdik tigdik....
Tigdik tigdik tigdik
tigdik tigdik. Tigdik
Tigdik tigdik tigdik
tigdik tigdik tigdik....
Tigdik tigdik tigdik
tigdik tigdik. Tigdik
Tigdik ti tigdik
tigdik...
Doctor :- (stunned) "AND what's that?!!!!!"
Mad Man:- "That's the sound of the Horse running...The hooves digging the terrain."
Doctor- "AND Who will read your story?"
Mad Man: "I will put it on nairaland, My mad friends will definitely read it... One of them is reading it as we speak!" and he is laughing. tongue
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by birdman(m): 4:16am On Feb 13, 2017
Seun:
I'm glad that you saw some merit in Dan Barker's argument. In this video, he tells the story of his deconversion from Christianity.

Please go ahead and do that, but you should know that Sam Harris is a "brain scientist" himself.

The problem of evil is a strong point that has never been refuted, but Dan Barker actually tackled a completely different issue in the first video, which is that God deserves no credit for saving us from himself. It's like a serial killer who wants to be praised for sparing one victim.

My own views...make of it what you will smiley

I watched Dan Barker (DB)'s video that you posted above. I will reply mainly to that. He laid several reasons for his case against a God. I will highlight each, and respond to it.

Evolution
DB says that based on evolution, Adam and Eve could not exist. That how is Bible story different from other creation myths, eg Yoruba myth of Obatala spreading earth with a chicken. grin

He misses the point here. The point of the Genesis account of mans creation is NOT so much the physical creation. We know God formed man from dust - this is very obvious. When you die, you become dust, just like any other animal. The real story of Genesis 1 is what separates man from monkeys, etc. Its the divine spark in Genesis 1 when God breathed into man. He became a living soul (a spirit that speaks according to some translations).
People expect the bible to read like scientific literature. It is not. The bible deals with knowledge from a spiritual perspective first. For example we read that God gave the goldsmiths in Israel such wisdom and skill that they fashioned all kinds of ornaments. But it doesn't go into details about such skills. We hear Daniel learning to interpret dreams and reading books and God giving him understanding than his peers. But there are no details of such mathematics and astronomy that Daniel was involved in.
Same with evolution - the bible does not touch on the topic they way you think it should, but it can still be gleaned. I added one evolution link at the bottom. But you know for sure that humans have something other animals do not have

Belief is not evidence
The Bible says opposite on this. In fact, Hebrews 11 says faith is the evidence of things hoped for. Paul says the things we see, that we have evidence for, are made from things we cannot see. This is in line with my earlier point. From the viewpoint of the bible, God is spirit, and the true reality is spiritual.
Why? Because the spiritual imposes itself and manifests in the physical.
How? A quick example: you go to bed, and have a dream of the job, house you want to have 30 years for now. You may even dream of the lives you will influence with your work. But all these things are in your dream. Even when you wake up and think about them, they are not material. But most people know that if you meditate and keep this kind of vision in front of you, that reality will eventually materialize. The man that discovered the benzene ring had an inspiration in a dream (snake eating itself). That dream had no reality and in fact appears to break all known laws. But out of that came the reality of the discovery.
DB thinks belief without evidence is stupid. Evidence on the other hand, shows that belief is the first step to materialization. And if you believe in a creator, and believe what he tells you to believe, you tap into that same creative power.

Constant repetition of bible verses shows Christians are insecure
He says what would we think of physicist constantly chanting the higgs boson is this...the higgs boson is that...
I think DBs argument here is a personal. I think he knows why Christians do so, but this may be an emotional thing for him.
According to the Bible, in Christianity, in Jewish tradition, even in my traditional Yoruba beliefs, you can frame your world with your mouth, knowingly or unknowingly. Psychologists too know that if you keep saying certain things, it gets into your psyche, and informs the direction of things you do unconsciously.
Christians go further - according to Hebrews 4, we confess the words of God concerning our lives because Jesus acts as a high priest to bring them to pass. We dont just make up our own words, becasue we believe God's wisdom can craft direction for our lives in a way our experiences never can.

The problem of evil
I mentioned this a bit earlier. Simply said, God is not in control of the earth the way people think he is. That authority has been given to man. By obeying Satan over God, man gave evil a back door into the earth - John 10 talks about the thief that came through the window. Satan wasn't born on the earth and had no rights in it, but he beguiled his way into it, like a thief angry. The killings, mass murders, disease etc are a result of that evil.
The same John 10 says Jesus is the shepherd that comes through the door. He was born into the planet legally. And his main mission was to destroy evil. If you notice, there is nowhere in the bible where Jesus saw someone with an issue and said..meh, Im not healing you today because it was God that put this sickness on you. Nowhere. God is not the author of disease, torture, death etc

No evidence for the ressurrection story
He never goes into any specifics of the contradictions, but we know that we have 4 accounts of the ressurrection, some by apostles, others by eyewitness or accounts by people close to the apostles. Like any evidence presented in court, all 4 people will not see the same thing the same way. What a court will do is look at all the accounts to see if there is a singular storyline that gives credibility to all 4. Even Dan Barker will have to admit that there is. Never mind that most of these apostles stood true to their testimony even under persecution and horrific nightmare inducing deaths at the hands of Rome, the superpower of the day. Nobody is dying this kind of death to perpetuate their own half truth

But...you know what? Paul said in 1 Cor 2, that the gospel (good news) should not lie in the persuasive wisdom of men( all my grammar above, and Dan Barkers grammar too grin), but in the power of God. In other words, the ultimate is that everyone test the Jesus crucified and ressurrected hypothesis for themselves. There is a verse that says that those who come to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who dilligently seek him. Dan Barker did his own. I did my own...

A few links:

http://drleaf.com/about/ - Brian scientist who based her research on the bible.

http://creation.com/new-time-dilation-helps-creation-cosmology - you might want to skip this on a first reading lol. Essentially, using carbon dating to predict materials thousands of years old often needs calibration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Ross_(astrophysicist) - lots of video on his personal website (see next link) where they answer thorny questions. Found out about time dilation above from one of his videos

Also, http://www.reasons.org/rtb-101/theisticevolution for another look at creation, evolution etc.

DB also brought up Christians fighting each other. That probably deserves its own space, for another day

2 Likes

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by OOAS(m): 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
Sincerely Speaking,
I wasted my mb downloading the first two videos.

I was supposed to see stuffs that will make me lie on my bed and start thinking of answers

it wasn't mind blowing videos Oga SEUN.

The second link looks like they are having an "atheist study" so there were unnecessary laughs that were non appealing
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by UyiIredia(m): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
Seun:
Dan Barker exposes the "gospel" of Christianity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lyxL2nx5cw

Sam Harris dismantles Christianity's foundation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6e17TflrHY

Christopher Hitchens knocks out Abrahamic religions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQox1hQrABQ

On a lighter note ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ8hefESt7c

Some good points in the video.
Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by enshy: 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
felixomor:
Seun, all these men have all been debated before.
Nothing new. Just old stuff.

I dont know how u arrived at "knockout"
I am yet to see one person you have converted to atheism with all these your videos........
Welldone bro!
What a troubled mind to give so much time and energy for something you believe doesnt exist!
What depth of folly!
They seek peace of mind by researching against the obvious!
convert to atheism ke? dare any of them boast of a convert? they convert themselves when out of frustrations in flesh they cant please God, then God ceases to exist.
They want job, money, miracle, healing or someone died, they didnt get it then God ceases to exist.
We all serve God on His terms, His own Way, His process, His rules!
Let them keep up the devotion without reward while we double our devotion with reward!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knock Out Punches Against Religion (videos) by babseg(m): 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
Seun this thread is preposterous angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Maximising Your Talents For God? / Latest Revelation From John 3 Vs 16 / Another Trouble Brews At Christ Embassy, Abuja High Courts At Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.