Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,275 members, 7,829,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife (12856 Views)

Howard Sueing III Ekundayo: American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname / Chinese Man Rocks His Nigerian Wife's Behind At An Event (pics) / Uk-based Nigerian Wife Attacks Husband’s Sidechick With Bleach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by darknetcom: 9:03am On Feb 09, 2017
ikukuhero:

Not all of them my dear. A close Yoruba friend of mine has been married to an 'Oyibo' and he's the best in-law, husband and father anyone could ever pray for. Their marriage is soooooo beautiful and stress free.

realy??..your friend will find it out himsef..

its just a matter of time...

na una lifes una are risking not mine...
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by Ugosample(m): 9:19am On Feb 09, 2017
All these Oyibo haters are just cracking me up grin
You think Africans are any better?
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by Laid2001: 9:29am On Feb 09, 2017
It is suspicious!!
The family asked to wait for 3 days for the sister to join in the burial or cremation, the man quickly cremated the body. What is he trying to hide.
The family asked for him to get an autopsy and that they are willing to pay, he did not do that, rather, he got a death certificate that only stated that she is dead and no autopsy to determine cause of death.!. Yet he opted for cremation in defiance of the family. what is he trying to hide?

He even refused to get pictures of her body after death, he only took picture after dressing and ready for cremation, without any of her family present, despite the request to wait for the sister to arrive Poland before cremation!. He did not wait and he cremated the body ahead of the sister's arrival in Poland. The sister arrived just a week after her death.!!
Even after the family reported to the Polish authority to stop the cremation and allow the family member to arrive, the Polish embassy and government refused!!!

eyinjuege:
Why are the family members querying her death?

Was it under suspicious circumstances? I thought she had a terminal disease?
The husband is her next of kin, and would decide how she would be buried, and even when. There's no question about that.
Cremation is used a lot there, so I'm not surprised she was cremated. They could have asked him for the ashes if they want to keep her close by.
Better still, they can ask the husband for a copy of her death certificate to find out the cause of her death.
If her death was suspicious, her husband would be the first suspect, and the police would have been involved even without being prompted.

Its painful to lose a loved one suddenly without any warning, and it's also easy to lash out at those living closely with them. I think the family is just grieving, and in pains that they would never see her again, or even her burial site.
I pray they receive the closure they need
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by ikemesit4477: 9:43am On Feb 09, 2017
alphonsojaybaz:
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/02/family-petitions-fg-over-polish-mans.html

The family of Mrs. Oluwashola Gaska (nee Adefolalu) has petitioned the Federal Government to unravel the mystery surrounding her death in Poland and the cremation of her corpse by her husband, Mr. Jakub Gaska, without their consent. .

The deceased’s elder sister, Mrs. Abimbola Essien-Nelson, at a press conference in Lagos on Wednesday, alleged that Oluwashola was murdered and her corpse hastily cremated to cover it despite the family’s objection.

In the petition, dated January 29, 2017, and titled, ‘Petition against Mr. Jakub Gaska for the murder, unlawful cremation and burial of Oluwashola Atunrayo Gaska (nee Adefolalu) in Krakow, Poland, on December 28, 2016,’ the family detailed how the late Oluwashola, who studied in Poland, settled in the country and later married Gaska in 2010. .

The petition read in part, “The last verbal conversation I had with the deceased took place on December 24, 2016, and she made no complaint about her health. At about 11.28am, on Wednesday, December 28, 2016, I received a telephone call from the husband that ‘there had been an accident, Shola had fallen unconscious and had died.’
. “The husband did not tell me the nature of the so called accident. I was still conversing with the husband when the telephone was disconnected. “The husband later called me back on the same day, stating that Oluwashola fell ill on Tuesday, and that he and his sister took her to the a hospital (the name of the hospital was not provided). He said she passed away at about 3am on Wednesday, December 28, 2016.” .

The petition added that plans were being made to travel to Krakow to give the deceased a befitting burial when her husband informed them that her remains would be cremated as he and Olwashola agreed during a discussion.

It was gathered that the family requested that the husband wait until the arrival of family members in January 2017 to partake in the funeral rites.
“We also made it clear to him that because of the sudden nature of her death, we want to see her corpse. We sent several sets of representatives from the Nigerian community to him in this regard, but he refused to allow anyone access to the corpse. His response was that Oluwashola said only Ambibola and no other person, should see her corpse,” the petition read.

Gaska reportedly cremated Oluwashola’s remains on January 2, 2017. He also allegedly interred the ashes on January 7, 2017, without officially informing the Adefolalus.
who grave don EPP!
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 09, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

They are deranged. They suffer all kind of psychological syndromes, mental instabilities and abnormalities you can think of.

That's a bit rich coming from a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by eyinjuege: 10:27am On Feb 09, 2017
darknetcom:

what are you talking abut?...

the parents always have priority over the child...

Not in the obudo oyibo. Your spouse always has priority, even before the parents. A husband/wife can even insist on not seeing the spouses relatives at the burial if they hated each other that much.
You all seem to forget they had an inter racial marriage, with different cultures and perceptions about life. I know for sure that the automatic next of kin is the spouse, unless otherwise stated. They both lived in the man's land, no family of hers there. Of course her next of kin there would be the husband.
Here in Nigeria, its a different ball game where the extended family members wield a lot of power whether man or woman's family.
Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages.
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by Sugardiva(f): 10:40am On Feb 09, 2017
eyinjuege:
Why are the family members querying her death?

Was it under suspicious circumstances? I thought she had a terminal disease?
The husband is her next of kin, and would decide how she would be buried, and even when. There's no question about that.
Cremation is used a lot there, so I'm not surprised she was cremated. They could have asked him for the ashes if they want to keep her close by.
Better still, they can ask the husband for a copy of her death certificate to find out the cause of her death.
If her death was suspicious, her husband would be the first suspect, and the police would have been involved even without being prompted.

Its painful to lose a loved one suddenly without any warning, and it's also easy to lash out at those living closely with them. I think the family is just grieving, and in pains that they would never see her again, or even her burial site.
I pray they receive the closure they need

There is nowhere in the report that states she was suffering under a terminal disease. Please do not misinform. Why is her family quering her death? Let me give you a few reasons.

1. She DID die under suspicious circumstances. The report says she was hale and hearty as at the last phone conversation with her family days before her death. Her hsuband says an accident occured and she died. The nature of the accident, illness and medical care she receieved was not disclosed.

2. Her husband went ahead to cremate not just bury her forestalling permanently any chance of an autopsy being carried out. Although he may be her next of kin it is wrong for him and disrepectful to his late wife to bury her in the absence of her family who were making pland to attend her funeral.

3. It is unreasonable to tell a family to move on from the death of a daughter who's death is still a mystery. How can the family find closure when they could not even see a body? The act of seeing a loved ones dead body and actually burying same is a fundamental part of tge grieving and healing process cos it brings closure.

For those asking why is the family petitioning the FG, for heaven sakes she is a citizen of Nigeria in a foreign land. Of course the FG should be concerned abt her well being. Nigerians are so base they do not even know the benefits of being a citizen and that FG should aleays play a big brother role for its citizns abroad even if tgey are illegal migrants etc
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by eyinjuege: 10:41am On Feb 09, 2017
Laid2001:
It is suspicious!!
The family asked to wait for 3 days for the sister to join in the burial or cremation, the man quickly cremated the body. What is he trying to hide.
The family asked for him to get an autopsy and that they are willing to pay, he did not do that, rather, he got a death certificate that only stated that she is dead and no autopsy to determine cause of death.!. Yet he opted for cremation in defiance of the family. what is he trying to hide?

He even refused to get pictures of her body after death, he only took picture after dressing and ready for cremation, without any of her family present, despite the request to wait for the sister to arrive Poland before cremation!. He did not wait and he cremated the body ahead of the sister's arrival in Poland. The sister arrived just a week after her death.!!
Even after the family reported to the Polish authority to stop the cremation and allow the family member to arrive, the Polish embassy and government refused!!!

Understand something clearly, if her death was suspicious, the hospital she died in would have reported to the police. Such cases are taken seriously. A woman being treated for a terminal disease, who dies in the hospital - her death cannot be treated as suspicious. Wasn't she being treated for a gynecological cancer?

Cremating the body quickly could just be a matter of logistics and finances for the husband.

Or it might just be that he doesn't give a hoot about her family or their wishes. He might just not like or send them. He might just feel why does he have to postpone the cremation for people he never even liked while his wife was alive?

If she had been healthy and just upped and died suddenly, for sure an autopsy would be done. Its by law.

Unlike in Naija where autopsy is usually determined by the family, its not the family's responsibility to request for an autopsy. It will be done whether they want it or not if the death is suspicious.
You also seem to be implying the Polish govt is involved in some form of conspiracy? Because the husband is their President's son or what?
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by eyinjuege: 11:22am On Feb 09, 2017
Sugardiva:

There is nowhere in the report that states she was suffering under a terminal disease. Please do not misinform. Why is her family quering her death? Let me give you a few reasons.

1. She DID die under suspicious circumstances. The report says she was hale and hearty as at the last phone conversation with her family days before her death. Her hsuband says an accident occured and she died. The nature of the accident, illness and medical care she receieved was not disclosed.

2. Her husband went ahead to cremate not just bury her forestalling permanently any chance of an autopsy being carried out. Although he may be her next of kin it is wrong for him and disrepectful to his late wife to bury her in the absence of her family who were making pland to attend her funeral.

3. It is unreasonable to tell a family to move on from the death of a daughter who's death is still a mystery. How can the family find closure when they could not even see a body? The act of seeing a loved ones dead body and actually burying same is a fundamental part of tge grieving and healing process cos it brings closure.

For those asking why is the family petitioning the FG, for heaven sakes she is a citizen of Nigeria in a foreign land. Of course the FG should be concerned abt her well being. Nigerians are so base they do not even know the benefits of being a citizen and that FG should aleays play a big brother role for its citizens abroad even if tgey are illegal migrants etc

What I read was that she had a gyne problem. Not an accident. If she had died in a suspicious accident, the Polish police would be investigating it. The guy may be disrespectful to her family, but that doesn't mean he murdered her. Was there ever any report of violence in their family? Did she ever tell her family she was unhappy or complained about her husband to them?
Its not too late to go to Poland, and report her death as murder, or suspicious to their police. Her hospital records can easily be pulled out. The appearance of an accident victim is different from a victim who was assaulted, and also different from someone who dies of natural causes from a disease.
The death may appear mysterious to the family, but it may not be so mysterious to those who lived with her, and those who examined her in hospital.
Don't forget we all mourn differently. Putting everything including the cremation behind him quickly may be the husband's way of mourning.
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 09, 2017
Who in their right mind want to marry Eastern Europeans for God sake?I hate them with passion,over here they kill their own like they kill chickens talkless of others.

They're very cold people and to them blacks are just a thing.

The family involved should contact their police,oh I forgot that their police are very corrupt just as in naija.

Rip to the dead.
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by adatemi: 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2017
It's very unfortunate that this young lady lost her life but the husband is not required to seek for her extended family's permission before cremating the remains of his late wife. Out of respect to the lady's memory he should have waited for them to at least pay their last respect. Am hoping that Nigerian govt pressure the Poland govt in helping the family to get answers and closure.
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by charlsecy(m): 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
paiz:
this goes out to our ladies who has sworn to marry whites you are not really safe .
darknetcom:
dont go into relationships with white people,you are putting yourself in danger...
So this or similar can't happen with same-race couples?
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by onward4life(m): 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
Blacks the only set of ppo wey dey suffer home and abroad non stop.

Americans and European mastas don show every body how to handle blacks
Indians dey handle blacks
Chinese
Lebanese
Even Tuaregs
Black on Blacks dat wan na occupation.

I now respect Michael Jackson for that powerful change over switch...

#but_to_hell_with_bobrisky_sha_ooo
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by darknetcom: 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2017
eyinjuege:

Not in the obudo oyibo. Your spouse always has priority, even before the parents. A husband/wife can even insist on not seeing the spouses relatives at the burial if they hated each other that much.
You all seem to forget they had an inter racial marriage, with different cultures and perceptions about life. I know for sure that the automatic next of kin is the spouse, unless otherwise stated. They both lived in the man's land, no family of hers there. Of course her next of kin there would be the husband.
Here in Nigeria, its a different ball game where the extended family members wield a lot of power whether man or woman's family.
Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages.

just migrate to europe already and stop talking us full with nonesense...
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by darknetcom: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
charlsecy:
So this or similar can't happen with same-race couples?

and??...is that reason enough to put yoursef in danger..??

we are telling you whites dont care about you,you are playing devils advocate....

go try yoursef...nobody is forcing you to understand...

just dont cry on our heads when they show you their true face...
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by KanwuliaExtra: 1:32am On Feb 10, 2017
I pity the family members sha. But nothing can be done.
Re: Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife by Arielle: 12:03pm On Feb 10, 2017
darknetcom:

go find out your self...we dont have your time..

those of us that know,know...

nobody is forcing you to believe us...

And what the hell do you know. "Those of us that know know..." The Nigerian men that maim or kill their wives in the US, are they whites? Or you never heard? How about those right here that beat their wives and sometimes cause fatalities. Oh sorry, you haven't heard of that either. undecided There are good and evil people of all colors. And bad husbands come in all shades. And wives too. People will marry whoever they will. It is their legitimate choice. These young men sef. Time to exit fr this Nairaland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? / Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.