Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,579 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? (12832 Views)

Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / I Dislike My Small Stature / Dads, What's The Thing(s) You Dislike Most To Do For Your Kids/spouse At Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by sorosoke101: 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2021
For me I hate washing dishes with passion and why is because I had 3 sisters they mostly do the washing but ever they are not around its am always hiding from this Godforsaken chore

20 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Davash222(m): 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ironing.

I'd prefer to sweep, wash, cut the grasses, dig 12 feet hole, cast 6 bags of cement than to iron 2 shirts.

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by sorosoke101: 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
Davash222:
Ironing.

I'd prefer to sweep, wash, cut the grasses, dig 12 feet hole, cast 6 bags of cement than to iron 2 shirts.
lolzz wetin happen

8 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Sonnobax15(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
lipsrsealed
Mennnnnnnn, anytime popsman tell me say--"obax,go cut that plantain from the plantation,na that thing dey always dey vex me pass.......... Couples of times,i gat to climb fence first because most of the plantain trees were resting on the fence....Even on an occasion,I fell down and I kinda dislocated my left wrist undecided

16 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Faber(m): 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ok...

Each time I eat together with my younger sister, when the food served the two of us is almost finishing Mom and even Dad sef will always yell at me, "it's okay, oya wash ur hand"
"Always leave the raining food for ur little sis"

Wey be say na me work pass for house since I senior her with close to 3 years. I never up till now understand the reason behind that rule.

Upon all the food I remained for her, God no shame me, I still grow tall pass her...though she is married now grin grin

177 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Sages62: 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Go and fetch water

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Kindness218: 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Frying garri..
I tried it 1st at the age of 28

46 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Olarewaju89: 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
undecided

See what nairaland have reduce to with useless questions up and down undecided

17 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Prosperous111(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Nah to wash cloth or my school uniform back then on Saturday. We Dey always play a very hard bet soccer every Saturday.

To wash my cloth on every Saturday seems more like a life sentences for me back then.

Plus the one wey mama go Dey force person go church every Sunday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by princeogbeide1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Washing car every morning.
I wash my dad's car by 6am every morning from Monday to Saturday for several years. Then Sunday afternoon is for spring wash. Even if the car was dirty or not, I must wash it.. the hardest part is when he pintch my lap to wake me up anyday I didn't wake up before 6am.
Chai that was the task I hated most while growing up but trust me,I learnt from it.

16 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by JackDaAlienz(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
In 2004 My dad found a new house and we moved in but we had no idea the house was riddled with rats. We are 5 in our family 1 guy 4 girls

As the only guy anytime they see rat, they all start running and screaming my name to come and kill it.
I hated that shit so much but I had to do it.
Cuz 4 of them can't even kill a cockroach grin
It got to a point my junior sis started calling me Rat killer... SMH

123 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Elvixbeatz(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by jericco1(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
That would be doing dishes. My people wan use am kill me

As a man now I hate it with passion. I cannot remember the last time I washed dishes.

6 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Starz825(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
You see that cutting of flower...with shears and Cutlass...guy..I hate am

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by richmond500: 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ironing, my mom used to buy these Indian kinda cloth, when i wanm iron am, ill spread it on the floor, e go just collect all the space, na so I go deh creep deh iron end to end

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Just hate cooking then but now I'm in school (Unical) I find it fun to cook. grin cool

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by DankemzI(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Growing up in a family of 4 girls as the only boy you dare not dish food from the pot, i will finish cooking and call any female around to dish for me, if there's no female around I'll have to wait till they're back.
Even my dad was not exempted, I had to stop cooking in the house because I was not allowed to dish my food. I asked my Mom why that kind of law enforcement, she said we make food sour shocked
Sadly even in my own house I'm scared to dish food madam ain't around

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Unik3030: 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
I dey do house chores wella, e pay me make I trek from sango otta reach ikeja pass make I wash plate.

My siblings dey send me errand like say tomorrow no dey on the condition that they will wash plate for me

12 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by gabrieltemmy(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
grin
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Kingzeez10: 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
Washing the dishes

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
To carry household waste go dispose for incinerator. I dey always shame if I see my crush for road

13 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
Coming home before 8PM or...

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by drlaykay(m): 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
I didn't do much chores actually but on behalf of my neighbors back then, I dislike the everyday siesta, which was made compulsory for them

5 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Craggybogg: 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
Washing 2-3 Cars Every day especially during raining season. I prefer washing anything else apart from cars.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by DoggoneDogg: 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
OP talk rule, some people dey list chores.
Oya na... kukuma change thread topic

12 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by EXLOVER(m): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
Any errand that i have to pass through dogs, i hate it.

Then fetching water from the well

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by ProJectAnatot(m): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
Not to leave the house lipsrsealed. And if anyone left the house, the others would report.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Crossroad1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
Davash222:
Ironing.

washing and Ironing of clothes

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Our Daily Living Is Becoming Less Fulfilling / Super Eagles Star, Samuel Chukwueze Loses Grand Mother / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.