Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,971 members, 7,866,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode (7005 Views)

When Was Waste Management In Lagos Better? See Photo. / Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke / Lagos Needs $30bn To Execute 30 Capital Projects In Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode by femolii: 9:07am On Feb 09, 2017
Aba is too dirty omg. still igbos nor go learn from other states.
Re: Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode by pweshboi(m): 9:10am On Feb 09, 2017
femi4:
enjoying what? Good road, light or portable water? The glorified abroad provide the citizens with basic amenities, hence, payment of tax over there is reasonable
the little ure provided with... do u pay the tax? what's your tax return... show us before you start complaining, Lagos state executes some projects only with tax payers money #BeInformed
Re: Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode by mapet: 9:27am On Feb 09, 2017
femi4:
enjoying what? Good road, light or portable water? The glorified abroad provide the citizens with basic amenities, hence, payment of tax over there is reasonable

Bros,

Payment of tax is a civil responsibility and not a condition precedent
Re: Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode by femi4: 9:27am On Feb 09, 2017
pweshboi:

the little ure provided with... do u pay the tax? what's your tax return... show us before you start complaining, Lagos state executes some projects only with tax payers money #BeInformed
What do you know?

Can a company survive in Lagos State without paying tax?

Can you apply for anything in lag without tax clearance?

If you know how much Lagos state do generate from tax alone, you ll agree with me that the little you are talking about isn't enough
Re: Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode by femi4: 9:28am On Feb 09, 2017
mapet:

Bros,

Payment of tax is a civil responsibility and not a condition precedent
You don't understand my point of view
Re: Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode by mapet: 9:40am On Feb 09, 2017
femi4:
You don't understand my point of view

May be I didn't get you. Pls do expatiate
Re: Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode by femi4: 9:46am On Feb 09, 2017
mapet:

May be I didn't get you. Pls do expatiate
He said we are enjoying here that we don't pay tax unlike abroad.

I m yet to see what we enjoy even with more than 70% of people paying tax.
Re: Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode by mapet: 10:14am On Feb 09, 2017
femi4:
He said we are enjoying here that we don't pay tax unlike abroad.

I m yet to see what we enjoy even with more than 70% of people paying tax.

1. You're right in part......but
2. "70% of the people paying tax" is incorrect. Even the Lagos state government has stated that less than 40% of the taxable people in the population are in the tax bracket
3. I believe that we need to hold our leaders accountable to what how they use our monies. For example it is in the papers that Cross-Rivers State despite recieving almost N20b bailout funds in two tranches from FG is yet to pay the workforce; Okowa was aledged to have frittered away part of the bailout to a disgruntled girl-friend. We need to bring our leaders to account through organised Protest, Impeachments and with our votes. Other pressure groups like BudgetIT have also introduced innovative way
4. We are still evolving and we need to understand it so. The race is actually a marathon and not a sprint
Re: Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode by Gerrard59(m): 12:05pm On Feb 09, 2017
I have been wondering. With the kind of waste Lagos, PH and Onitsha generate, how come the likes of Veolia, Suez Environmente aren't in Nigeria?
Re: Why Lagos Needs New Waste Management Policy - Ambode by pweshboi(m): 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
femi4:
What do you know?

Can a company survive in Lagos State without paying tax?

Can you apply for anything in lag without tax clearance?

If you know how much Lagos state do generate from tax alone, you ll agree with me that the little you are talking about isn't enough
and so Lagos state government should kill themselves because you're not satisfied with this new development abi... meanwhile I asked a question u didn't answer... are u a "company"? yes companies do pay tax and that's part of Lagos state internal revenue generation, coupled with federal government allocations is what they use in executing projects and all and if the amount generated is not enough to execute "the projects" ure so bashing the state government for they should come and borrow it from you abi? or run abroad to take loan upon loan again when a feasibility study has shown that a slight increase in "taxing some certain people" would be enough to execute this particular project. ure here ranting and shouting tax tax tax... I still ask again do u pay tax atall? how much is your tax.... we know people like you, Lagos state is the pride of Nigeria as of today and it's still and will continue to grow economically and social infrastructure wise #EkoOniBaje oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: APC To Commence Screening Of Aspirants Today / ICPC Seizes 44 Assets Worth N14.7bn / 2011: Ibb’s Offer Is Best Option For South East – Obinna Uzoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.