Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,630 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Do You Still Understand This Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Still Understand This Life? (405 Views)

How Do I Understand/satisfy My Husband? / 11 Female Struggles Girls Go Through That Men Will Never Understand / 9 Struggles Men Go Through Ladies Will Never Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Still Understand This Life? by ogbenila(m): 10:45am On Feb 09, 2017
Some days ago, I was in the office when I caught sight of a news scroll on CNN. Scientists discovered a lost continent. I am not sciency but archeology fascinates me. I quickly typed in the keywords online to get the gist. I couldn't complete the article I settled for in my enlightenment quest. Once, I read that the continent in question must have existed some million years ago, the story lost me.
Later that evening I was in a state of introspection and my mind wandered to an uncle of mine fighting tooth and nail to prove he is not the biological father of a lady who got married few weeks ago. Uncle has a paternity test affirming his claim. He got that more than two decades ago.
But the extended family seems to think otherwise. In fact, according to hearsay, some siblings under the inducement of 500k stood for Uncle as the father of the bride when the lady in question got married. The claim to the grooms family was that the bride's father (Uncle) was late. Everything was carried out like a carefully planned heist.
My uncle would have none of it. It was bad enough his own siblings don't believe him. Going ahead to claim he is dead in order to represent him as the father of a child valid documents prove otherwise is taking a bad joke too far. He has since been exploring every other means to reaffirm his position that he didn't father the girl in question.
This issue is generating so much furore right now.
Now before I seek your opinion, here are some noteworthy information.
My Uncle is alright. Very very alright. The girl in question has lived to become an adult without my uncle in her life in whatever capacity. She's a graduate. I'm guessing the mother is alright enough to have achieved that.
My uncle got his paternity test as far back as 94. I'm just wondering how many people knew what that is in his hometown in 94. And out of those who did, how many believed it's validity? Remember in 2017, a graduate working in a newsroom finds it hard to come to terms with Science's claim of a lost continent. With all your education, some of you don't believe the dinosaurs walked the earth millions of years ago. How would you believe a paternity test in 94 when grey heads disagree?
Now,
Why would a woman subject her daughter to such psychological trauma the daughter must be going through now? At what cost?
What possibly could be more to the obstinate romance with my uncle's family after managing to raise a marriageable daughter?
Would this still be the case if my uncle was a lowlife nonentity?
Is there any sense in an educated adult disbelieving the validity of a paternity test?
Is it right for one's siblings or family to go ahead and accept a child one has rejected with valid reasons as stated above?
If the siblings could claim to stand in for my uncle at the lady's wedding,is there no inherent danger perchance his demise in the future?
Do you still understand this life?
Ogbeni La

(1) (Reply)

Death Toll Rises Landslides In Colombia To 254 People, Including 43 Children / What Are Your Benefits To Having Sex In Marriage? / uy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.