Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,092 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights (1173 Views)

My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me / ‘she Denies Me Sex And My Doctor Says SEX Is Good For My High Blood Pressure’ / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by AloyEmeka6: 6:01am On Dec 05, 2009
My husband starves me of intimacy

A middle aged woman recently told an Abuja Upper Area Court to dissolve her marriage because her husband has stopped performing his ‘matrimonial duties’ by making her feel like a woman.

The woman, Maryam Garba, said her husband has not made advances to her for the past five months and whenever she asks what the problem is, he refuses to speak to her.

“I have tolerated him for long and can no longer be in the same house with such a man that claims to be my husband and denies me my marital rights,” she added.

She told the judge that she had earlier taken the matter to a court at Karshi, where her husband was called to order and advised to perform his matrimonial duties, adding that he refused to change.

Mrs Garba also complained that her husband has not been speaking to her, despite the fact that they live under the same roof.

She told the court further that she decided to divorce her husband because she does not want to flirt around.

“I am human like every other person and before I think of another man outside my matrimonial home, I think it’s better to seek for divorce to be free because my religion forbids infidelity,” she said.

The petitioner’s husband, Garba Muhammed, was not in court and Judge Hamza Yahaya Gashua ordered that he be served with another court summons and adjourned the case to December 7, 2009 for him to appear.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11267&z=12
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by AloyEmeka6: 6:01am On Dec 05, 2009
Why do men love to deny women their rights in Africa? embarassed embarassed
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by Fhemmmy: 8:21am On Dec 05, 2009
Well the woman is fighting for her right and she is right
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by AloyEmeka6: 8:35am On Dec 05, 2009
Why Nigerian men dey deny Nigerian women their marital rights beats me o. that is why tpia is always cantankerous grin
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by kittykat1(f): 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2009
I dont blame the woman abeg
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by omahost005: 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2009
The woman has the right to fight 4 her right, but she should try to find out what realy the problem is. There must be a reason 4 that.
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by Fhemmmy: 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2009
omahost005:

The woman has the right to fight 4 her right, but she should try to find out what realy the problem is. There must be a reason 4 that.

It is the responsibility of the man to communicate with the wife as well.
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by mamagee3(f): 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2009
Which of the Marital Rights was she denied? grin grin
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by OAM4J: 5:40am On Dec 06, 2009
I think some 'yanriyan' (small girls) are busy stealing/enjoying the woman marital rights. poor woman!
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by Fhemmmy: 5:52am On Dec 06, 2009
If that is the case, then, the man needs to stop giving the woman;s right to the small girls
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by AloyEmeka6: 7:56am On Dec 06, 2009
mama-gee:

The right to acquire and use dildos.
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
Lol
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by beingme(f): 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2009
why then did then man married her ?
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by OAM4J: 11:45pm On Dec 06, 2009
mama-gee:

Aloy~Emeka:

lol  cheesy grin grin
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by mamagee3(f): 12:42am On Dec 07, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Put this into simple terms. . . grin grin
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by AloyEmeka6: 6:39am On Dec 07, 2009
It can't get any simpler than that before they accuse me of deliberately changing words in order to pass a message. All I am saying is that her marital rights must not be denied her. Men love to deny women their rights. Why?
Re: Divorce: My Husband Denies Me My Marital Rights by Fhemmmy: 1:11am On Dec 08, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

It can't get any simpler than that before they accuse me of deliberately changing words in order to pass a message. All I am saying is that her marital rights must not be denied her. Men love to deny women their rights. Why?

I think women denies the men more than the men denies the women;
Women are the one that will use the time of the month, even when the coast is clear.
They will use being tired.
They will use the kids
They will use mood swings
They will even use too much sugar in the gademn food

(1) (Reply)

He Doesn't Want To Make A Costly Mistake Help Him Out. / Jealous Husband Sets Wife On Fire For Accepting Wine Fm Another Man At Party / Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.