Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos (1169 Views)

''My Wife Killed Our Child, Hypnotised And Poisoned Me'' / Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price / Under-aged Bride Kills Husband Over Hyperactive Libido In Plateau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by olillywales(m): 10:57am On Feb 05, 2013
A mother of four has been arrested by the Police in Lagos for allegedly killing her husband during a brawl over food, weekend, in Ikorodu area of Lagos.

We gathered that the suspect, Mrs Folake
Adekoya-Ojo, was arrested following reports by her late husband’s relative, one Olaoye, who suspected she had a hand in their brother’s death, following which she was invited by policemen at Shagamu Road Division.

The widow was said to have told policemen that her 37-year-old husband committed suicide by hanging himself on the ceiling fan, last Friday,while her in-laws insisted that their late brother was hacked to death.
Consequently, policemen from the division were deplored by the Divisional Police Officer to inspect the late Emmanuel’s corpse where it was discovered to have a deep cut in the head.

On further interrogation, the widow reportedly admitted to have hit her husband with a stone during a scuffle.
The widow explained that her husband came
home at about 11p.m. that fateful night
demanding for food. She said she served him
amala and okro soup, only for him to complain that it was not properly served.

Rather than doing his bid, the widow reportedly ate the meal, an action she said infuriated her husband. This, as gathered, generated into a fight during which she claimed she hit him with a stone on the head in defence.

Mr Emmanuel, reportedly gave up the ghost at about 2.30 a.m.People should be careful of little things…

SOURCE-www.informationnaija.com/wife-killed-husband-over-food-in-lagos/
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by Jellitah: 11:19am On Feb 05, 2013
Nigerian Marriage na wah! grin
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by maclatunji: 11:48am On Feb 05, 2013
Sad story... where is the love?
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by greatgod2012(f): 1:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
Fight over food leading to killing d other partner..........na wa o, im sure some very heat argument must have been going on between them ever b4 dis last one.......hhhmmmm.....smh over some types of marriage.
We all know that every marriage has its ups and downs, but when it gets to d level of claiming life, i think d wise one should have ran away to avoid something of this sort, as much as i dont support divorce, i cant discourage one when it is life threatening.
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 06, 2013
Now if the man had killed the wife....
The vultures would be all over this thread engaging in their favourite past time.

As I always say-No sex has the monopoly on violence.
SAD story - Brawling over food.
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by slimyem: 6:06am On Feb 06, 2013
hmmn..
Amala and Ewedu cause katakata..undecided
If not for how the story ended,i would say I love the part where the woman ate the food the man rejected..grin
Person sweat cook food,you say e nor sweet..undecidedwetin do your own hand abi suya don finish for aboki place?
May his soul rest in peace sha.
Poor woman...
..wonder how much the man must has tested her patience before that day and the incident..undecided
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by ifyalways(f): 6:37am On Feb 06, 2013
Poverty again. undecided
Lawdhavemercy.
@Richy,the woman defended herself,it's just bad that she hit the man at the wrong place. When faced with a violent situation,you either take it all like a mule,run or defend yourself.
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 06, 2013
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 06, 2013
ifyalways: Poverty again. undecided
Lawdhavemercy.
@Richy,the woman defended herself,it's just bad that she hit the man at the wrong place. When faced with a violent situation,you either take it all like a mule,run or defend yourself.

Happy new year to you and yours.
Are you by any way a spin doctor?
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by hbabe(f): 10:37am On Feb 06, 2013
What a sad story. Anger can lead one to do irreparable damages.
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by ifyalways(f): 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2013
Richvkunt:

Happy new year to you and yours.
Are you by any way a spin doctor?
Happy new year dear.
Who's the current WWE lightweight champion ?
tongue
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2013
^^
Apart from being a spin doctor,it appears you are also a derailler of threads.
Keep to the topic dearie. grin
Re: Wife Killed Husband Over Food In Lagos by armyofone(m): 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2013
Over dependence of Nigerian men on their women.
why would someone wake up at midnight for food serving?
sleep deprivation is bad. Hubby should have gladly served himself undecided and leave his wife to sleep.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage - 4th Time's The Charm / Conflict Resolution In Marriage / Catholic Church Says No To Condom Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.