Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles (6643 Views)

Truck Falls On Okada At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway (Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Lagos State Government Banned Okada Transportation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by Matin: 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2009
I can imagine, Tricycle, like soldier ants in the city shocked. Pls let your discovery in Aba remain with u in Aba grin grin grin
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by Matin: 1:53pm On Dec 06, 2009
Another colony. Imagine the scene- Tricycle, like soldier ants in the city shocked. A beg make una keep una invention in Aba where it belongs grin grin grin Its when they ask an Ibo man to stop fighting, thats when he goes ahead to pick his cutlass lipsrsealed
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by banom(m): 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2009
nuzo:

Enough of these ideas of Igbos being jews.

Igbos are Igbos, Jews are jews!
Ok, Uncle Nuzo no prblem.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by donjon: 3:20pm On Dec 06, 2009
Ezeagu,
u know what i mean, dont misquote me!
Sme pple criticise for public good & improvment of an idea, while some bigots either religious or tribal, even political, criticise because they hate the originator of that idea.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2009
there is a difference between criticism and just hating and talking sh.it.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by donjon: 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2009
Its also called positive or negative criticism
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by udezue(m): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2009
The Ingenuity of Aba and Igbo people is ridiculous. While we were screaming the Gov from Cross Rivers to Abia should provide them with jobs bla bla bla these people quietly went to business and created another a solution. Call it survival instinct, creativity or whatever but Aba people, Ndi Igbo continue to make me proud being a member of this community.

There will always be haters but lets appreciate their existence. They make Igbo people stronger and smarter.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by Nchara: 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2009
Matin:

Another colony. Imagine the scene- Tricycle, like soldier ants in the city shocked. A beg make una keep una invention in Aba where it belongs grin grin grin Its when they ask an Ibo man to stop fighting, thats when he goes ahead to pick his cutlass lipsrsealed

Do you know how many Keke NAPEP are in Lagos and Kano? You must not have travelled out of your village, hence your eediotic comments above
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by Matin: 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2009
Do you know how many Keke NAPEP are in Lagos and Kano? You must not have travelled out of your village, hence your eediotic comments above.

Sorry, original city boy cry You've not heard the last of this new innovation. They should reason out a solution to those life threatening pot holes in Aba b/4 heads start to roll. Village man don talk hin own grin lipsrsealed
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2009
but i did wonder how would a person be able to escape in an emergecy and/or if the whole tricycle tips over shocked
na wa oooo.
have they done any safety tests before putting it on the road? or does it just look nice and its convenient?
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by udezue(m): 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2009
Amaka,
Have u also done the same questioning when it comes to use of motorcycles across even USA. When accidents happen even big SUVs tip over.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2009
udezue:

Amaka,
Have u also done the same questioning when it comes to use of motorcycles across even USA. When accidents happen even big SUVs tip over.
i know that.
but when you think of the other factors like so/so roads, traffic lights, people that actually OBEY driving laws, ect ect
and you hardly see motorcycles here. yes you see them, but i bet the ratio to okadas in nigeria compared to motorcycles in the USA is probably 200:1
its just a simple question that i asked, no biggie.
so have they conducted any test to ensure the safety of this new machine or are they just throwing it on the road?
i think Owerri has something similar to this, although i think its an actual car/cart that was built with 3 wheels, or something like that, i cant describe it.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by udezue(m): 6:47pm On Dec 06, 2009
In a nation like Nigeria where survival is important I doubt it but it should be safe enough. Nothing is too safe
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
yeah, but there should have to at least be safety standards.
but anyway, they are trying oooo.
good job.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by AndreUweh(m): 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2009
@UDEZUE: It shall be well with you. I read all your posts with keen interest. You are one of my heroes here on n/land.
merry xmas.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by OAM4J: 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2009
What they need is government support. I dont know what all those ministries of transportations both at the federal and state level are doing. They should simply set standards that will guarantee safety. I mean this is a brilliant idea, keeps people with jobs. I learn the imported tri-cycles cost as much as N350,000. So if they can complete this with just N120,000 - N150,000, I think its brilliant.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by OAM4J: 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2009
Matin:

I can imagine, Tricycle, like soldier ants in the city shocked. Pls let your discovery in Aba remain with u in Aba grin grin grin

If you can imagine millions of Okadas all over Nigeria, I think thousands of these will be safer and better.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by paddylo1(m): 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
whateva happened to ibbs technology village,promised to the east?

guess he was too busy dodging bullets to deliver
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by Nchara: 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2009
Matin:

Sorry, original city boy cry You've not heard the last of this new innovation. They should reason out a solution to those life threatening pot holes in Aba b/4 heads start to roll. Village man don talk hin own grin lipsrsealed

Do you have pot holes in Lagos and Kano roads?
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by rhymz(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i know that.
but when you think of the other factors like so/so roads, traffic lights, people that actually OBEY driving laws, ect ect
and you hardly see motorcycles here. yes you see them, but i bet the ratio to okadas in nigeria compared to motorcycles in the USA is probably 200:1
its just a simple question that i asked, no biggie.
so have they conducted any test to ensure the safety of this new machine or are they just throwing it on the road?
i think Owerri has something similar to this, although i think its an actual car/cart that was built with 3 wheels, or something like that, i cant describe it.
hahahaha, Amaka. .Amaka. . .I dey feel U and your passion. . .U should be a lawyer!! How U take no wetin dey happen for Owerre. . .hmmm. . .Well sha! u re not far 4rm the truth,however,what U are actually referring to re Tricycles and nothing more.I am yet to see these okada turned tricycle models in Owerre.I was there 3 days ago and that's where I sch. . . Infact,I doubt if the SG will allow it but I must confess,those aba models are as efficient if not more than those tricycles that appear to be unstable. . . .I respect the craftmen in Aba,these guys are damn good in anything they do. . . .as a matter of fact, no state can boast of raw talents in craft like Aba. . . It's a statement of fact!!  go to Aba and see for Urself. . .these guyz are geniuses.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2009
rhymz:

hahahaha, Amaka. .Amaka. . .I dey feel U and your passion. . .U should be a lawyer!! How U take no wetin dey happen Owerre. . .hmmm. . .Well sha! u re not far 4rm the truth,however,what U are actually referring to is a Tricycle and nothing more.I am yet to see these okada turned tricycle models in Owerre.I was there 3 days ago and that's where I sch. . . Infact,I doubt if the SG will allow it but I must confess,those aba models are as efficient if not more than those tricycles that appear to be unstable. . . .I respect craft men in Aba. . . .as a matter of fact no state can bet of raw talents in craft like Aba. . . It's a fact!!
you live in naija or something? lol
well i know about those cart/tricycle things cause my mom was telling me about how they banned okadas in owerri in october 2008 (i think) and how they replaced them with three-wheeled carts or something. lol
and ive seen a pic or two somewhere.
so the tricycles in owerri arent stable? bad idea? ehh??
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by proudly9ja(m): 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2009
I am not Igbo but I really admire the ingenuity of these people. They are really one of the reasons one is proud to be a Nigerian. It is just so sad that we live in a country where such is not supported. Imagine if the government could support this 'industry', our country could be exporting 'tricycles' in less than 3 years to other countries. However, trust our leaders, they will gladly rather import from Ghana than support a potential market in Nigeria.

I have said it here before and I will say it again, our leaders just need to give us constant power and we Nigerians will do the rest! If I was President, I will permit all industries to generate their own electricity and even give tax incentives to those who are self sustaining power wise.

A piece of advice to Nairalanders. Please let us stop being tribalistic. This is the bone our corrup leaders throw at us so that we don't have time to focus on issues like fighting corruption. Meanwhile, they, inspite of their tribe, sit at Abuja and steal our money. Ibori and Yaradua are not from the same tribe yet one is using all his money to support the other while the other is defending 'one' even with his life at risk.
We the masses must learn to reject this bone and work together to build a better country, one our generation and future generations will be proud of.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2009
proudly9ja:

I am not Igbo but I really admire the ingenuity of these people. They are really one of the reasons one is proud to be a Nigerian. It is just so sad that we live in a country where such is not supported. Imagine if the government could support this 'industry', our country could be exporting 'tricycles' in less than 3 years to other countries. However, trust our leaders, they will gladly rather import from Ghana than support a potential market in Nigeria.

I have said it here before and I will say it again, our leaders just need to give us constant power and we Nigerians will do the rest! If I was President, I will permit all industries to generate their own electricity and even give tax incentives to those who are self sustaining power wise.

A piece of advice to Nairalanders. Please let us stop being tribalistic. This is the bone our corrup leaders throw at us so that we don't have time to focus on issues like fighting corruption. Meanwhile, they, inspite of their tribe, sit at Abuja and steal our money. Ibori and Yaradua are not from the same tribe yet one is using all his money to support the other while the other is defending 'one' even with his life at risk.
We the masses must learn to reject this bone and work together to build a better country, one our generation and future generations will be proud of.

i like people like you.
you dont have to be igbo just to admire something that is happening in NIGERIA.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by rhymz(m): 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

you live in naija or something? lol
well i know about those cart/tricycle things cause my mom was telling me about how they banned okadas in owerri in october 2008 (i think) and how they replaced them with three-wheeled carts or something. lol
and ive seen a pic or two somewhere.
so the tricycles in owerri arent stable? bad idea? ehh??
hahahahahahaha. . . . Born and bred in Naija,Lagos to be precise,infact,the roughest and kpaki places in Lagos,Surulere and Festac but my university education is in the east,Owerre to be precise. . . are U surprise? Am even more surprise that U could even know abt Owerre. . .hehehehehd. . . . My cousins who were born and raised in the States just like U don't know shyt abt Naija and don't even care to know. . . Their dad tried enrolling them in a sch in Owerre,it ended in a sour taste and they packed their bags and went back to the states and never talked abt it. . . .hehehehe. . . Ur type give Ur parents and ppl back home some hope. . .hehehe
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2009
rhymz:

hahahahahahaha. . . . Born and bred in Naija,Lagos to be precise,infact,the roughest and kpaki places in Lagos,Surulere and Festac but my university education is in the east,Owerre to be precise. . . are U surprise? Am even more surprise that U could even know abt Owerre. . .hehehehehd. . . . My cousins who were born and raised in the States just like U don't know shyt abt Naija and don't even care to know. . . Their dad tried enrolling them in a sch in Owerre,it ended in a sour taste and they packed their bags and went back to the states and never talked abt it. . . .hehehehe. . . your type give your parents and ppl back home some hope. . .hehehe
i love naija!! i cant help it.
you wouldnt expect me to know about owerri? ehh? that one na my mama and papa's land. why shouldnt i know about it?
imo state is my state so of course!! lol
so you are currently in Owerri? cool. cool
there are some naija kids born out here that could care less, but some like me that do care to know what is happening.
part of the reason why i joined this place.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by rhymz(m): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i love naija!! i cant help it.
you wouldnt expect me to know about owerri? ehh? that one na my mama and papa's land. why shouldnt i know about it?
imo state is my state so of course!! lol
so you are currently in Owerri? cool.  cool
there are some naija kids born out here that could care less, but some like me that do care to know what is happening.
part of the reason why i joined this place.
. . . .OH. .MA. .GOD. . .Amaka is 4rm Imo State. . .are U kidding Me. . . .o boy three Gbosa to U and Ur parents Ngwa . .Gbosa. .Gbosa . .Gbosa. . .dem try.Are U the only child?? ever been to Naija b4??
Am currently in Lag right now where I am doing my 6months IT programme,will be going back to sch in january nxt yr. . .hmm. . .dis world small O!
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2009
rhymz:

. . . .OH. .MA. .GOD. . .Amaka is 4rm Imo State. . .are U kidding Me. . . .o boy three Gbosa to U and your parents Ngwa . .Gbosa. .Gbosa . .Gbosa. . .dem try.Are U the only child?? ever been to Naija b4??
Am currently in Lag right now where I am doing my 6months IT programme,will be going back to sch in january nxt yr. . .hmm. . .dis world small O!
lmao! i claim imo state even though i wasnt born in naija at all. but if the two of my parents are from imo, then me too, i am from imo.
you didnt know that? i have mentioned it plenty of times before on NL. lol
i have been to naija before, yes.
and no, im not the only child.
LMAO!! rhymz, you are too funny sha.  grin
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by metalgong5(m): 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2009
A lazy man cant survive in Naija . . . . Unlike in the USA where some depend on government welfare.
To survive in Naija . . . creativity should be your middle name.
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by rhymz(m): 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

lmao! i claim imo state even though i wasnt born in naija at all. but if the two of my parents are from imo, then me too, i am from imo.
you didnt know that? i have mentioned it plenty of times before on NL. lol
i have been to naija before, yes.
and no, im not the only child.
LMAO!! rhymz, you are too funny sha.  grin
. . .hmmm!! Am impressed, realy.know this for a fact,whether U were born in kanfachan or in heaven as long as both of em parents are 4rm imo state and they even thought it wisely to give U Amaka, . . Nne U re a Nigeria don't ever doubt that.besidez,U speak pigeon english like a typical Naija babe.so how many siblings ve U got? Am a twin by the way?
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by THEAMAKA3(f): 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2009
rhymz:

. . .hmmm!! Am impressed, realy.know this for a fact,whether U were born in kanfachan or in heaven as long as both of em parents are 4rm imo state and they even thought it wisely to give U Amaka, . . Nne U re a Nigeria don't ever doubt that.besidez,U speak pigeon english like a typical Naija babe.so how many siblings ve U got? Am a twin by the way?
youre a twin? woah!! identical or fraternal?
i surprisingly learned pigeon mostly from naija movies, in naija, and a little bit more on nairaland. haha
hahaha i wish not to discuss such on nairaland these days.
my enemies are here!  grin
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by rhymz(m): 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

youre a twin? woah!! identical or fraternal?
i surprisingly learned pigeon mostly from naija movies, in naija, and a little bit more on nairaland. haha
hahaha i wish not to discuss such on nairaland these days.
my enemies are here!  grin
hahahaha. . . Fraternal my Dear. . . We are nothing alike(lol). . . He likes stuf I don't laf. . .and by the way, wat's up wif those succulent lips U keep changing. . .abeg O! It's dark here and cold dey catch me here O!lol. . . .BTW. . . Who re Ur enemies here. . .hehehehehe. . . Bjmighty. . . Dat guy na Ur husband na. . . Im dey trip for U o!
Re: Aba Ingenuity-people’s Creativity Rebuilds Banned Okada In Aba To Tricycles by THEAMAKA3(f): 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2009
rhymz:

hahahaha. . . Fraternal my Dear. . . We are nothing alike(lol). . . He likes stuf I don't laf. . .and by the way, wat's up wif those succulent lips U keep changing. . .abeg O! It's dark here and cold dey catch me here O!lol. . . .BTW. . . Who re your enemies here. . .hehehehehe. . . Bjmighty. . . Dat guy na your husband na. . . Im dey trip for U o!
abeg!! angry angry angry dont insult me. BJ. . . what? TA! my enemies are plenty here sha.
i was hoping identical, that would have been cool.
you like the lips? i like them too. grin
and what do you mean its cold? where are you? are you in the dorm or something?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! Serpentine Belt Issues / DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch / Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.