Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries (19777 Views)

Governor Bello Condemns Burning Of Dino Melaye's Constituency Projects / JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta / Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by brojoshua: 9:15pm On Feb 09, 2017
Supporting corruption, illegality and rebellion against Nigeria
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by musicwriter(m): 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Bros those people don't have an idea on refining, there is a huge difference btw refining and distilling, which they are doing.
Should they even attempt to go legal they will run in loss, only waste mgt will cripple them.
If it was easier for them to sell the crude directly they will, what they are doing is a waste of resources.
What the useless Nigerian govt should be thinking of write now is buying modular refineries and paying with crude, not repairing one useless relic , that should be in a museum or building one gigantic monstrosity that if it breaks down ,becomes an issue.

There you're!!. Modular refineries is exactly what their technology would evolve into!!. Or you think I' am talking about gigantic world class refinery before? They'll build small scale refineries all over the Niger delta.

Yes, but it's only when such businesses legalized that modular refineries would spring up everywhere round the country, and this talk of fuel scarcity and heavy importation of petroleum would come to an end.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 9:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
ourema:

It is very clear you never read the full article
ofcos he never did, he is among the growing numbers of absent brained people.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 9:32pm On Feb 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
.actually those things are distilleries not refineries.
Can the rivers state house of assembly come up with ideas on friendly ways of shutting down the refineries.
ITK< waht is a refinery? is it not a distillery angry angry
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 9:34pm On Feb 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Bros those people don't have an idea on refining, there is a huge difference btw refining and distilling, which they are doing.
Should they even attempt to go legal they will run in loss, only waste mgt will cripple them.
If it was easier for them to sell the crude directly they will, what they are doing is a waste of resources.
What the useless Nigerian govt should be thinking of write now is buying modular refineries and paying with crude, not repairing one useless relic , that should be in a museum or building one gigantic monstrosity that if it breaks down ,becomes an issue.
brov you have no clue of waht you are talking about seriously, have you seen these guys?
Or you think these bunkers are illiterate right? they are highly skilled people FYI
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
musicwriter:

There you're!!. Modular refineries is exactly what their technology would evolve into!!. Or you think I' am talking about gigantic world class refinery before? They'll build small scale refineries all over the Niger delta.

Yes, but it's only when such businesses legalized that modular refineries would spring up everywhere round the country, and this talk of fuel scarcity and heavy importation of petroleum would come to an end.
Their technology has nothing to do with refining.
Cooking crude on logs of wood is never refining

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:38pm On Feb 09, 2017
erico2k2:

brov you have no clue of waht you are talking about seriously, have you seen these guys?
Or you think these bunkers are illiterate right? they are highly skilled people FYI
Unfortunately for you, I have seen their apparatus, skilled yes probably.
Refiners haha don't make me laugh.
What exactly do you term as refining if I may ask.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by musicwriter(m): 9:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Their technology has nothing to do with refining. Cooking crude on logs of wood is never refining
You're still thinking it would be the same when legalized.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 9:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Unfortunately for you, I have seen their apparatus, skilled yes probably.
Refiners haha don't make me laugh.
What exactly do you term as refining if I may ask.
Is getting a product in a fine state from a raw material
Let me further enlighten you, There are only two process of obtaining refined product from crude oil in Nigeria.
1.FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION(This involves a distiling tower, which is a drum tank in the forest)
2 CRACKING
Both requires huge Energy to raise the temperature of teh crude to various degree for different products to flow out
you want me to go on??
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:48pm On Feb 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Is getting a product in a fine state from a raw material
Let me further enlighten you, There[s] are only two process of obtaining refined product from crude oil in Nigeria. [/s]
1.FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION [s] (This involves a distiling tower, which is a drum tank in the forest) [/s]
2 CRACKING
Both requires huge Energy to raise the temperature of teh crude to various degree for different products to flow out
you want me to go on??

Bros you have no idea of crude oil refining, stop embarasing yourself

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by lailo: 9:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
D honourable is a beneficial of the illegality.JTF illegality is killing him.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:53pm On Feb 09, 2017
musicwriter:

You're still thinking it would be the same when legalized.
You don't get my point, if they had the finance to get a functional modular refinery.
They would have the finance to get a license , this guys are only cooking this crude because its easier to sell diesel than to sell crude, if they could sell the crude , they won't waste their time and energy trying to refine it.
If they are interested in refining, they have legal means of showcasing their talents which can be vetted, their HOR members can then speak for them and businessmen will key into their plans, unfortunately that's not how it is.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 9:53pm On Feb 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Bros you have no idea of crude oil refining, stop embarasing yourself
Ok fair enough, tell me waht is crude refining then Im waiting.I gave mine and her is the proof
Fractional distillation is the separation of a mixture into its component parts, or fractions, separating chemical compounds by their boiling point by heating them to a temperature at which one or more fractions of the compound will vaporize. It uses distillation to fractionate. Generally the component parts have boiling points that differ by less than 25 °C from each other under a pressure of one atmosphere. If the difference in boiling points is greater than 25 °C, a simple distillation is typically used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_distillation.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 9:54pm On Feb 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

You don't get my point, if they had the finance to get a functional modular refinery.
They would have the finance to get a license , this guys are only cooking this crude because its easier to sell diesel than to sell crude, if they could sell the crude , they won't waste their time and energy trying to refine it.
If they are interested in refining, they have legal means of showcasing their talents which can be vetted, their HOR members can then speak for them and businessmen will key into their plans, unfortunately that's not how it is.
Plz Im waiting for you to tell me what you think is refining, dont just dodge like and illiterate,come on Im sure you got something upstairs to tell me
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Ok fair enough, tell me waht is crude refining then Im waiting.I gave mine and her is the proof
Fractional distillation is the separation of a mixture into its component parts, or fractions, separating chemical compounds by their boiling point by heating them to a temperature at which one or more fractions of the compound will vaporize. It uses distillation to fractionate. Generally the component parts have boiling points that differ by less than 25 °C from each other under a pressure of one atmosphere. If the difference in boiling points is greater than 25 °C, a simple distillation is typically used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_distillation.
Bros Crude oil refining is a combination of fractional distillation, catalytic cracking, gas separation from solids before distilling amidst a lot of other things.
Have you seen the apparatus most of these guys use cause I have, intact what they are doing is wastage and environmental pollution.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by musicwriter(m): 9:59pm On Feb 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Government have to first make the business legal before anything else can take effect.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2017
musicwriter:

Government have to first make the business legal before anything else can take effect.
Its already legal, there is a process on it.
You can contact DPR for clarification.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by musicwriter(m): 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Its already legal, there is a process on it. You can contact DPR for clarification.
Then, eventually the illegal refineries would disappear.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:25pm On Feb 09, 2017
musicwriter:

Then, eventually the illegal refineries would disappear.
The illegal refineries might disappear
Some people hate doing things lawfully

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Bros Crude oil refining is a combination of fractional distillation, catalytic cracking, gas separation from solids before distilling amidst a lot of other things.
Have you seen the apparatus most of these guys use cause I have, intact what they are doing is wastage and environmental pollution.

What you said up there is pure gibberish, you mixing words, there is no relationship BTW fractional distillation and cracking.
Fractional distillation involves evaporation and condensation
Cracking involves braking down of long chains of hydrocarbons into short ones
so how do these two systems mix?
main-while you used the word catalytic cracking.Mate that is just one of the 5 cracking methods.Let us not 4get a catalyst is something that speeds up a reaction, as Nikel in Iron Ore and silica-alumina/Zeolites in fluid catalytic cracking.

You said Distilling, look Distilling is only relative to fractional distillation, you have a condenser so waht else are you saying?
Or you think you chatting to a dunce?
And waht do you mean or understand by gas seperation, when we have natural gas explain
And as per if I have seen these apparatus, ofocs, my base is PHC when Im in Nigeria Drum of diesel from boys is N35k as we speak
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2017
erico2k2:

What you said up there is pure gibberish, you mixing words, there is no relationship BTW fractional distillation and cracking.
Fractional distillation involves evaporation and condensation
Cracking involves braking down of long chains of hydrocarbons into short ones
so how do these two systems mix?
main-while you used the word catalytic cracking.Mate that is just one of the 5 cracking methods.Let us not 4get a catalyst is something that speeds up a reaction, as Nikel in Iron Ore and silica-alumina/Zeolites in fluid catalytic cracking.

You said Distilling, look Distilling is only relative to fractional distillation, you have a condenser so waht else are you saying?
Or you think you chatting to a dunce?
And waht do you mean or understand by gas seperation, when we have natural gas explain
And as per if I have seen these apparatus, ofocs, my base is PHC when Im in Nigeria Drum of diesel from boys is N35k as we speak
Calm down
Now call yourself OLODO
I SAID ALL THOSE THINGS ARE PART OF REFINING
Not just fractional distillation
Have you called yourself OLODO.
grin grin grin
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Bekimbo(m): 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2017
kITATITA:

Have you condemned oil theft and installation of those illegal refineries? Do you mean that such activity doesn't harm the environment and doesn't lead to black soot?

Does that oil belongs to your father,Anuofia i am asking you
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by holocron: 12:18am On Feb 10, 2017
erico2k2:

ITK< waht is a refinery? is it not a distillery angry angry

Thank you. Dont mind the self-defeating fools whose minds are poisoned with colonial mentality. Refining is not rocket or nuclear science. It is just simple distillation with more precautions due to volatility of hydrocarbons. Biafra constructed and used these modular refineries and was self-sufficient in fuel. This was 1967 to 1970. 50 years ago. Half a century ago.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 12:33am On Feb 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Calm down
Now call yourself OLODO
grin grin grin
This is how we fish out fools who have no clue in what they are saying, you result in name callings without bringing any tangible argument to the table.You have made no sense till now,all you poured out where gibberish from your little research.
Gone are the days where your likes will just throw some big words about and mumus will think you are making sense.
I ASKED YOU A SIMPLE QUESTION,ONE I REMEMBER FROM MY SECONDARY SCHOOL DAYS,WHATS THE RELATIONSHIP BTW FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION AND CRACKING STILL NO ANSWER.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 12:38am On Feb 10, 2017
holocron:

Thank you. Dont mind the self-defeating fools whose minds are poisoned with colonial mentality. Refining is not rocket or nuclear science. It is just simple distillation with more precautions due to volatility of hydrocarbons. Biafra constructed and used these modular refineries and was self-sufficient in fuel. This was 1967 to 1970. 50 years ago. Half a century ago.
Dont mind him, he thinks he is taling to o ne of his village friends grin grin grin, he is telling al those process combined in refining crude whereas they are entirely independent of each other and work in opposite ways.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by luswitz(f): 1:20am On Feb 10, 2017
H
kITATITA:

Have you condemned oil theft and installation of those illegal refineries? Do you mean that such activity doesn't harm the environment and doesn't lead to black soot?
Mr, what they are trying to say is burning of illegal refineries further damage d environment. They should apply other methods of eradicating it.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by jodeci(m): 2:51am On Feb 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Calm down
Now call yourself OLODO
grin grin grin

You know absolutely nothing about crude refining and you are too arrogant to admit so.

Learning is an everyday thing,only fools are quick to insult people on faceless group.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:19am On Feb 10, 2017
erico2k2:

This is how we fish out fools who have no clue in what they are saying, you result in name callings without bringing any tangible argument to the table.You have made no sense till now,all you poured out where gibberish from your little research.
Gone are the days where your likes will just throw some big words about and mumus will think you are making sense.
I ASKED YOU A SIMPLE QUESTION,ONE I REMEMBER FROM MY SECONDARY SCHOOL DAYS,WHATS THE RELATIONSHIP BTW FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION AND CRACKING STILL NO ANSWER.
Are you asking me a question in relation to my post or you are starting a fresh challenge cause I said both fractional distillation, catalytic cracking and other things are involved in crude oil refining, I said and I maintain that in crude oil refining, fractional distillation is not the only process, and your illegal refiners only cook out diesel or kerosine as they don't have the apparatus to get out other refined products, otherwise we would have been seeing local aviation oil, local engine oil, local grease, local grease , local brake fluid and many other things, instead we have diesel that knocks engines because of improper separation byw diesel and other heavy hydrocarbons and kerosine that explodes because of huge quantity of gas in it.
So once again what is your question is it relation to my earlier post as I believe I have handled that or is it a new challenge.
jodeci:

You know absolutely nothing about crude refining and you are too arrogant to admit so.

Learning is an everyday thing,only fools are quick to insult people on faceless group.

From your preferred Wikipedia , pic 1 below is a block diagram of a distillation unit which is a part of a refining unit pic 2. ,from the images ,you should be able to see that fractional distillation is a process in refining and not refining. i have seen diesel cooked in obuzo Abia state, Mbiama, Omoku in rivers state and some other places I can't remember there name,
This guys are just wasting resources and polluting environment, nothing categories them as refining crude, illegal or not.
From my opinion of an illegal refinery , its a refinery doing a true refinery job but know license to operate and with the pictures of what the showed the air force bombing sometime last year or early this year, those were not refineries

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by gsogbu(m): 9:17am On Feb 10, 2017
Nigerians find it difficult to understand English, yet attack each other with it.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by emmykk(m): 10:00am On Feb 10, 2017
Mandesz:
biafrans will say GEJ caused all diz.. he sud not av handed over to bubu.
yahya jammeh theorem.
youself
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 10, 2017
kITATITA:

He was sleeping during all those oil theft
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 10, 2017
ourema:

It is very clear you never read the full article
It would be more balanced judgement if all that condemn the burning of the said refineries also condemned their installation prior to now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Seals Entry Points, Bans Night Travels For Essential Services / Anyaoku Leads PAC Members To Bid Jonathan Farewell / Before We Are Driven Past Our Home...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.