Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries (19775 Views)

Governor Bello Condemns Burning Of Dino Melaye's Constituency Projects / JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta / Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 2:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Are you asking me a question in relation to my post or you are starting a fresh challenge cause I said both fractional distillation, catalytic cracking and other things are involved in crude oil refining, I said and I maintain that in crude oil refining, fractional distillation is not the only process, and your illegal refiners only cook out diesel or kerosine as they don't have the apparatus to get out other refined products, otherwise we would have been seeing local aviation oil, local engine oil, local grease, local grease , local brake fluid and many other things, instead we have diesel that knocks engines because of improper separation byw diesel and other heavy hydrocarbons and kerosine that explodes because of huge quantity of gas in it.
So once again what is your question is it relation to my earlier post as I believe I have handled that or is it a new challenge.

From your preferred Wikipedia , pic 1 below is a block diagram of a distillation unit which is a part of a refining unit pic 2. ,from the images ,you should be able to see that fractional distillation is a process in refining and not refining. i have seen diesel cooked in obuzo Abia state, Mbiama, Omoku in rivers state and some other places I can't remember there name,
This guys are just wasting resources and polluting environment, nothing categories them as refining crude, illegal or not.
From my opinion of an illegal refinery , its a refinery doing a true refinery job but know license to operate and with the pictures of what the showed the air force bombing sometime last year or early this year, those were not refineries
You still don't want to learn .
I SAID THERE ARE ONLY TWO WAY OF REFINING CRUDE
1 FRACTIONAL DISTILATION
2 CRACKING
FRACTIONAL DISTILATION IS JUST ONE TYPE
CRACKING HAS FIVE TYPE .
PIC ONE OF YOUR PAST IS FRACTIONAL DISTILATION
PIC 2 IS CRACKING
CHECK BOTH PICS YOU WILL ONLY FIND CONDENSER ON PIC ONE .
THE WORD FRACTIONAL DISTILATION IS MADE UP OF TWO WORDS FRACTION AND DISTILATION .
IT'S SIMPLE AS DISTILING INTO FRACTION VIA VARIABLE BOILING POINTS NATURALLY OR AIDED .
You said you have been to the Creek now tel me what do f hey use to heat up the tanks to get hot enough for steam to condense into kerosine or Diesel. ?
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
erico2k2:

You still don't want to learn .
I SAID THERE ARE ONLY TWO WAY OF REFINING CRUDE
1 FRACTIONAL DISTILATION
2 CRACKING
FRACTIONAL DISTILATION IS JUST ONE TYPE
CRACKING HAS FIVE TYPE .
PIC ONE OF YOUR PAST IS FRACTIONAL DISTILATION
PIC 2 IS CRACKING
CHECK BOTH PICS YOU WILL ONLY FIND CONDENSER ON PIC ONE .
THE WORD FRACTIONAL DISTILATION IS MADE UP OF TWO WORDS FRACTION AND DISTILATION .
IT'S SIMPLE AS DISTILING INTO FRACTION VIA VARIABLE BOILING POINTS NATURALLY OR AIDED .
You said you have been to the Creek now tel me what do f hey use to heat up the tanks to get hot enough for steam to condense into kerosine or Diesel. ?
In pic 1 is the fractional distillation process
In pic 2 you have , more components making the products refined. Savvy.
Your distillers don't have those refining equipment., neither do they have fractional distillation equipments, what they do is heat crude up to a certain temperature and get diesel out of it, or heat it up to a certain temperature and get kerosine out of it.
Cooking diesel on drums and condensating it is not fractional distillation.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 8:44pm On Feb 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

In pic 1 is the fractional distillation process
In pic 2 you have , more components making the products refined. Savvy.
Your distillers don't have those refining equipment., neither do they have fractional distillation equipments, what they do is heat crude up to a certain temperature and get diesel out of it, or heat it up to a certain temperature and get kerosine out of it.
Cooking diesel on drums and condensating it is not fractional distillation.
Where did I say they do fractional distilition in the Bush, plz read and comprehend a bit
your 2nd Pic is cracking full stop, it could not be greater or less than waht is show on that pic.
Do you know at waht temperature you heat Oil to so as to get Petrol??
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
erico2k2:

Where did I say they do fractional distilition in the Bush, plz read and comprehend a bit
your 2nd Pic is cracking full stop, it could not be greater or less than waht is show on that pic.
Do you know at waht temperature you heat Oil to so as to get Petrol??
You are taking this discuss away from what you initially quoted,
We started with the boys in the bush are not refining crude but distilling it to get diesel, you said no that what they are doing is fractional distillation.
erico2k2:

ITK< waht is a refinery? is it not a distillery angry angry
erico2k2:

brov you have no clue of waht you are talking about seriously, have you seen these guys?
Or you think these bunkers are illiterate right? they are highly skilled people FYI
Proudlyngwa:

Their technology has nothing to do with refining.
Cooking crude on logs of wood is never refining
Proudlyngwa:

Unfortunately for you, I have seen their apparatus, skilled yes probably.
Refiners haha don't make me laugh.
What exactly do you term as refining if I may ask.
erico2k2:

Is getting a product in a fine state from a raw material
Let me further enlighten you, There are only two process of obtaining refined product from crude oil in Nigeria.
1.FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION(This involves a distiling tower, which is a drum tank in the forest)
2 CRACKING
Both requires huge Energy to raise the temperature of teh crude to various degree for different products to flow out
you want me to go on??
erico2k2:

What you said up there is pure gibberish, you mixing words, there is no relationship BTW fractional distillation and cracking.
Fractional distillation involves evaporation and condensation
Cracking involves braking down of long chains of hydrocarbons into short ones
so how do these two systems mix?
main-while you used the word catalytic cracking.Mate that is just one of the 5 cracking methods.Let us not 4get a catalyst is something that speeds up a reaction, as Nikel in Iron Ore and silica-alumina/Zeolites in fluid catalytic cracking.

You said Distilling, look Distilling is only relative to fractional distillation, you have a condenser so waht else are you saying?
Or you think you chatting to a dunce?
And waht do you mean or understand by gas seperation, when we have natural gas explain
And as per if I have seen these apparatus, ofocs, my base is PHC when Im in Nigeria Drum of diesel from boys is N35k as we speak

So like I asked earlier what are we rigmaroling about is it about how refineries operate.
Or that the boys in the bush are not refining but distilling crude, because my stance still remains distilling diesel and kerosine is one process, refining it for use is another process, which these guys don't and can't handle. Like I said that's why we still have kerosine that explodes.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

You are taking this discuss away from what you initially quoted,
We started with the boys in the bush are not refining crude but distilling it to get diesel, you said no that what they are doing is fractional distillation.

So like I asked earlier what are we rigmaroling about is it about how refineries operate.
Or that the boys in the bush are not refining but distilling crude, because my stance still remains distilling diesel and kerosine is one process, refining it for use is another process, which these guys don't and can't handle. Like I said that's why we still have kerosine that explodes.
Plz highlight where I said they boys where doing fractional distillation plz b4 we go further, Im not that naive to have said so, so do the needfull
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
erico2k2:

Plz highlight where I said they boys where doing fractional distillation plz b4 we go further, Im not that naive to have said so, so do the needfull

erico2k2:

ITK< waht is a refinery? is it not a distillery angry angry
erico2k2:

brov you have no clue of waht you are talking about seriously, have you seen these guys?
Or you think these bunkers are illiterate right? they are highly skilled people FYI
erico2k2:

Let me further enlighten you, There are only two process of obtaining refined product from crude oil in Nigeria.
1.FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION (This involves a distiling tower, which is a drum tank in the forest)
2 CRACKING
Both requires huge Energy to raise the temperature of teh crude to various degree for different products to flow out
you want me to go on??

erico2k2:

What you said up there is pure gibberish, you mixing words, there is no relationship BTW fractional distillation and cracking.
Fractional distillation involves evaporation and condensation
Cracking involves braking down of long chains of hydrocarbons into short ones
so how do these two systems mix?
main-while you used the word catalytic cracking.Mate that is just one of the 5 cracking methods.Let us not 4get a catalyst is something that speeds up a reaction, as Nikel in Iron Ore and silica-alumina/Zeolites in fluid catalytic cracking.

You said Distilling, look Distilling is only relative to fractional distillation, you have a condenser so waht else are you saying?
Or you think you chatting to a dunce?
And waht do you mean or understand by gas seperation, when we have natural gas explain
And as per if I have seen these apparatus, ofocs, my base is PHC when Im in Nigeria Drum of diesel from boys is N35k as we speak

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by erico2k2(m): 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Distilling is only relative to fractional distillation, you have a condenser so waht else are you saying?
THis is the only Bit I mentioned fractional distillation, but you took it out of context,This was me trying to drive home the point that The NNPC tower is distillation, however cos multiple products come off in fraction it becomes fractional distillation. This was not the case in the BUSH when I made this statement I was not talking about the BUSH.
What this means is, the NNPC is having to do distilling but i n fractions
thus fractional distillation is a kind of distilling.
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
erico2k2:

Distilling is only relative to fractional distillation, you have a condenser so waht else are you saying?
THis is the only Bit I mentioned fractional distillation, but you took it out of context,This was me trying to drive home the point that The NNPC tower is distillation, however cos multiple products come off in fraction it becomes fractional distillation. This was not the case in the BUSH when I made this statement I was not talking about the BUSH.
What this means is, the NNPC is having to do distilling but i n fractions
thus fractional distillation is a kind of distilling.
We were talking about boys in the bush distilling diesel and you brought up all this, how do you want me to interpret it.
Why didn't you just say you wanted to take me on refining crude, not lumping it with my post where I said the boys were not refining but wasting resources.
Proudlyngwa:

Unfortunately for you, I have seen their apparatus, skilled yes probably.
Refiners haha don't make me laugh.
What exactly do you term as refining if I may ask.
erico2k2:

1.FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION(This involves a distiling tower, which is a drum tank in the forest)
2 CRACKING
you want me to go on??

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by Jetjacky(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2017
Do you know of any means this can reach the ears of. The government?
maxzzo1:

Guy u right even all d kerosene as i heard is from dis guyz ....especially dos yellowish once as i also heard dey last longer....cos i saw d white n yellowish color so i asked...datz in town ph
Re: Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries by mYphhiRes: 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
KAYD007:

When the AVENGERS were bombing pipe lines up and down to spite the Buhari government. ...they did not advocate for healthy environment then...now that they are being paid in their own coin...they are shouting up and down... nonsensical assembly...

The JTF must burn all the ilegal refinaries and turn rivers into black smoke.....supporters of criminals and ilegalities. ..what nonsense! angry

And you have made sense now abi? Welldone! undecided

Stupid people everywhere!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N45m Form: INEC Should Penalize Buhari For Violating Electoral Act - PDP Says / Trees, Waters Of Kogi Will Vote Dino Melaye If He Consults Us – Witches, Wizards / Boko-Haram Threatens To Kill Lt.Col Musa JTF Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.