Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

How To Format My Hdd - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Format My Hdd (892 Views)

Easy Steps To Format A Window7 Computer / How Can I Format My Acer Laptop Back To Factory Settings Pls Nairalander. / Pls Help Me, How To Format My Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Format My Hdd by ogbon: 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2007
Hello everybody,
i want to format the hard disk of my system, pls can anyone help me to how to go about it, i wont mind loosing all former documents. If there is a software i can use tell me and if i can download it on the web. Thanks
Re: How To Format My Hdd by mioemi2000(m): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2007
Engr. Ogbon which operating systems do U want to load on the hard drive? Or is it that U just need to format only, and what file system do U want to have on the formatted disk?

Later
Re: How To Format My Hdd by agent124: 4:09am On Apr 12, 2007
Formating a hard drive isn't difficult. Slot in a cd/dvd microsoft Os and restart the pc. Get into the setup by pressing the 'delete' key. Go on to advanced settings and change booting preference from IDE watever (which is the hard drive) to cd/dvd. Once you do this, save your changes and the system will restart.

The system will then try to find a booting file from the CD/DVD you've inserted. If you inserted the Windows Os cd, just wait and follow the instructions on your screen.

It will guide you to formatting the hard drive and installing windows on that drive. Just be patient, make sure you read everything before pressing any keys.

Please format with NTFS and not a quick format. Its that easy. If any problems, find someone who will help you physically or take it to the Otigba boys at computer village that is if you reside in lagos.

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Instant Msg / Overclocking Microprocessors, How Necessary? / Mtn Browsing 4 Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.