Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Re: How They Killed The Naira. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: How They Killed The Naira. (862 Views)

2 Brothers Who Met Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno, 1 Killed, The Other Injured / How They Killed The Naira / I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How They Killed The Naira. by 989900: 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2017
Dear Passingshot, your thread "how they kiled the Naira" tells a good Genesis of our problems . . . fine enough. Ironically, most commenters hardly have full grasp of the issues.

However, what happened to our 'messiah' that condemned N216 to a dollar?

Why campaign and beg that you know the issues like tissue, but can't deliver on promise? Now, it will have been fine if you can't fix something, but please don't come and worsen them by 3 folds!

The Buhari led government has made progresses on some fronts, but the truth is as long as prices keep skyrocketing unabatedly, this admin will never have peace, nor get a pass.

Our lives depend on stability of prices, once you have inflation spiralling out of control, you're done, it doesn't matter if you fix all the roads in Africa or send all corrupt leaders to jail -- prices are our pockets and stomachs -- a hungry man is an angry man!

I am yet to see any man that will be happy with inflation slashing his salary into a third of what it was.

There are over 6 exchange rates in the country . . . perfect template for racketeering. Buhari and Emefiele with whack policies.

How come the exchange rate is even worse now with oil at $50+, than when oil was @ $30 this same time last year?

How come is the exchange rate worse now with the fictitious 40m litres per day demystified, than when when we still worked with that falsehood ( we now import less than 20m litres a day)?

Couldn't this administration have done better with retaining investors, which is a major drain on inflow ( partial blame here though)?

Couldn't the President have done better with uniting the country as a father, in lieu of the 95 and 5 which ultimately led to more agitation and loss of income?

Couldn't this administration (Buhari) have done better in installing a cooperative Senate in lieu of a Saraki led 'badht gang's?

Where are all the dollars sent from diaspora, no effect?

I did an article some time ago on our total forex inflow vs outflow; the truth is, currency racketeering is the new 'oil subsidy fraud' under President Muhammadu Buhari.

And as long as we have this unchecked, hyper-inflation will be a constant, and there will never be joy in the land, rather, cries of pain and hunger.

We both campaigned for President Buhari, and if I am to take a cue from your thread evaluating this administration's performance at 1 year old (Brent was around $40 then, and the dollar was less than N400 @ Sabo then), this admin hardly gets a 50% pass mark considering the nation's situation at almost 2 years in now.

I have moved on from blaming Dr. I.B. Jonathan, if he were a prudent leader we wouldn't have kicked him out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by Omenkata: 10:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
mynd44 lalasticlala obinoscopy seun front page

2 Likes

Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by BiafranBushBoy: 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2017
989900:
Dear Passingshot, your thread "how they kiled the Naira" tells a good Genesis of our problems . . . fine enough. Ironically, most commenters hardly have full grasp of the issues.

However, what happened to our 'messiah' that condemned N216 to a dollar?

Why campaign and beg that you know the issues like tissue, but can't deliver on promise? Now, it will have been fine if you can't fix something, but please don't come and worsen them by 3 folds!

The Buhari led government has made progresses on some fronts, but the truth is as long as prices keep skyrocketing unabatedly, this admin will never have peace, nor get a pass.

Our lives depend on stability of prices, once you have inflation spiralling out of control, you're done, it doesn't matter if you fix all the roads in Africa or send all corrupt leaders to jail -- prices are our pockets and stomachs -- a hungry man is an angry man!

I am yet to see any man that will be happy with inflation slashing his salary into a third of what it was.

There are over 6 exchange rates in the country . . . perfect template for racketeering. Buhari and Emefiele with whack policies.

How come the exchange rate is even worse now with oil at $50+, than when oil was @ $30 this same time last year?

How come is the exchange rate worse now with the fictitious 40m litres per day demystified, than when when we still worked with that falsehood ( we now import less than 20m litres a day)?

Couldn't this administration have done better with retaining investors, which is a major drain on inflow ( partial blame here though)?

Couldn't the President have done better with uniting the country as a father, in lieu of the 95 and 5 which ultimately led to more agitation and loss of income?

Couldn't this administration (Buhari) have done better in installing a cooperative Senate in lieu of a Saraki led 'badht gang's?

Where are all the dollars sent from diaspora, no effect?

I did an article some time ago on our total forex inflow vs outflow; the truth is, currency racketeering is the new 'oil subsidy' fraud under President Muhammad Buhari.

And as long as we have this unchecked, inflation will be a constant, and there will never be joy in the land, rather, cries of pain and hunger.

We both campaigned for President Buhari, and if I am to take a cue from your thread evaluating this administration's performance at 1 year old (Brent was around $40 then, and the dollar was less than N400 @ Sabi then), this admin hardly gets a 50% pass mark considering the nation's situation at almost 2 years in now.

I have moved on from blaming Dr. I.B. Jonathan, if he were a prudent leader we wouldn't have kicked him out.

Perfect
I am coming up with an article titled "Is this change?"

Why promise us "Change" when you know that the former economy was corrupt.

I thought he came in to "Change" things?

Maybe now, we now have a clearer meaning of that change.

I wonder what will be APC's slogan come 2019.
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by peteregwu(m): 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2017
Sebi na una vote buhari? Make u na enjoy u na seed na. As for me I voted Jonathan. grin
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by CoolFreeday(m): 11:06pm On Feb 09, 2017
I supported buhari, I have no regret for doing so and if he decides to contest again I will still vote him by God's Grace.

God bless Nigeria.
God bless PMB

5 Likes

Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by seunlayi(m): 11:19pm On Feb 09, 2017
Pmb equal to 4 yrs waste

2 Likes

Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by swagagolic01(m): 11:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
Respect to d OP, a well known Buharis supporter on this forum....

To the topic, passingshot is a pay per post agent, his articles don't move any1, even omenka has been retracing his steps lately.....

Cc: sari, come nd defend d dullard in chief

1 Like

Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by 989900: 7:36am On Feb 10, 2017
peteregwu:
Sebi na una vote buhari? Make u na enjoy u na seed na. As for me I voted Jonathan. grin

Good for you.
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by ImadeUReadThis: 7:42am On Feb 10, 2017
This clown of an OP

Whatever happened to that Yuan currency deal you where opening useless threads upandan celebrating as the next best thing after bread and butter?
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by vedaxcool(m): 7:48am On Feb 10, 2017
I think I agree with the statement that emefile should have been shown the way out ... if not for anything but the fact that he contributed to the dollarization of the economy. .. I wish the op had proposed a solution a way forward. ... but we know this situation is unprecedented.
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by bilulu(m): 8:14am On Feb 10, 2017
CoolFreeday:
I supported buhari, I have no regret for doing so and if he decides to contest again I will still vote him by God's Grace.

God bless Nigeria.
God bless PMB
u veno regrets maybe cuz u re just a follow follow without vision
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by 989900: 9:01am On Feb 10, 2017
vedaxcool:
I think I agree with the statement that emefile should have been shown the way out ... if not for anything but the fact that he contributed to the dollarization of the economy. .. I wish the op had proposed a solution a way forward. ... but we know this situation is unprecedented.

I've previously done so on a couple of threads on here and on some other platforms too.
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by 989900: 9:02am On Feb 10, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:
This clown of an OP

Whatever happened to that Yuan currency deal you where opening useless threads upandan celebrating as the next best thing after bread and butter?

And you wonder why they call you stupid.
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by ImadeUReadThis: 9:04am On Feb 10, 2017
989900:

And you wonder why they call you stupid.

And you wonder why you stumble around in the dark?
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by 989900: 9:04am On Feb 10, 2017
ImadeUReadThis:

[s]
And you wonder why you stumble around in the dark?[/s]
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by orisa37: 9:23am On Feb 10, 2017
Your Message is clear. informed and informing. I weep to say, that, even on Nairaland, our Nigerian Atheists WILL KILL GOD(YHWH, YAHWEH, JEHOVAH, ALLAH, DEO ETCETERA) anytime any day anywhere they can find Him.
Granted, we made mistakes electing Buhari, how can this prevent APC from appreciating The Internationally Recognized Experience and Quality of NOI and Kemi Adeosun and bring the two Ladies, as square pegs, to plug in the Square Holes of PYO as Minister of Finance and Governor of CBN respectively for the development of our economy. I just believe that these two Ladies plus Osinbajo can fix Nigerian Economy without further stress. Call a hoe, a hoe, Emefiele ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. Kemi Adeosun is a Chartered Accountant. The Accountants creat Banks.
Re: Re: How They Killed The Naira. by CoolFreeday(m): 11:33am On Feb 10, 2017
bilulu:
u veno regrets maybe cuz u re just a follow follow without vision
You have right to believe or say whatever you want to

(1) (Reply)

NEWS NUGGET- I Did Not Travel To See Buhari – Tinubu / ‘we Will Field Robert Mugabe’s Corpse For Election’, Says Wife / World Igbo Personalities Of The Year 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.