Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus (16586 Views)

Pls Stop Worshipping Me. Robert Powell / Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus Christ – Robert Powell / Igbo Man Describes Jesus As Greek Idol, Warns Igbos To Stop Worshipping Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus by Aliyu333: 11:32am On Feb 11, 2017
Since he played the character, Jesus, in the 1977 movie, Jesus of Nazareth, Robert Powell’s photos are hung in churches, homes, cars, schools, offices and many holy grottos all over the world to drive off evil forces and attract good fortunes.

However, Powell has cried out in the social media that he is not Jesus and that people should stop worshiping him. Rather, they should respect the true Jesus and worship God.

In his words: “I never cease to say and I repeat it to the world since 1977. I am not Jesus Christ, I am just an actor and British comedian. I am tired of seeing my photos displayed in places of worship and other places for worship. I just make a film for a living. Burn my picture and worship the only God in truth ! I am just an actor… Jesus is Lord!”

Re: Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus by fernandoc(m): 11:36am On Feb 11, 2017
Jesus is Lord! Atheists make una open ear well o.
Re: Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus by LordIsaac(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2017
Catholics....remember the comman!
Re: Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus by abdulaz: 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2017
They should stop worshipping this man.

The image of Jesus Christ is just in your imagination, no one knows what he looks like.

What form of idolatry should we call this?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? / 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / Testimony Of A Nairalander Who Got Healed Of Bed Wetting At 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.