Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Does It Matter If The Lady Earns More Than The Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does It Matter If The Lady Earns More Than The Guy? (432 Views)

The Guys I Want Vs The Guy That Wants Me - Lady Says (Photos) / Can you wed a lady with a fallen boobs? does it matter to you? / Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Matter If The Lady Earns More Than The Guy? by cromwellk: 11:19am On Feb 12, 2017
Being an African man I strongly believe this actually matters. Here is why;

We all measure other people's value in relation to us. Those people we find more "valuable" automatically become attractive to us. This "value" thing is simply a measure of the number of people you influence? The more money you got or the more money you earn reflects your value in society which came as a result of the people you influence. So in my opinion it matters

What do you think? What are your views?

Re: Does It Matter If The Lady Earns More Than The Guy? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
I cannot be held ransom for achieving a higher educational status and accompanying career. Society is the one that has problems with my socio-economic status in my relationship not us. It depends on the woman and her attitude in some relationships some women do make it a point of reminding the man that they earn more than him.

You cannot have two cockerels on a farm , it's evident two cannot lead at once. You compliment each other his ego and your ego cannot be on a collision course. The views of society and cultural points of view will affect your relationship if you allow them to. There were African Queens in existence they had consorts how did they manage? Not all men have the mindset to be in a relationship where the scales are not tipped in their favour being in control and achieving "desired" status is more important to them accepting that you can be a husband, lover , father and be respected while being a supporting husband. Maybe there is some truth when it comes to successful black women marrying non black men.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Matter If The Lady Earns More Than The Guy? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
To some men it does and makes them feel quite insecure.
Re: Does It Matter If The Lady Earns More Than The Guy? by Origin(f): 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2017
It shouldn't but ...
Mankind's ego
Mankind's lust for easy money.

Could eventual create problems.
Re: Does It Matter If The Lady Earns More Than The Guy? by cromwellk: 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
Ok Ladies...I see the general consensus here is it shouldn't matter. So explain this to me...

Why do women fall head over heels for the following classes of men?

1- Rockstars /Music Celebrities

2- Politicians

3- 21st century Prophets

If you put these three classes under a microscope you will find something very common. They are making more and influencing more people than 99.999% of women that are attracted to them. On the contrary women in these three classes are the loneliest of women

(1) (Reply)

Mr Godwin Oyimike Bite Off Wife's Finger / GOOD READ: There's More To Life Than Love / Do ladies really want already made guys for marriage?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.