Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

How Lagos Policemen Almost Shot African China - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Lagos Policemen Almost Shot African China (409 Views)

Magu Urges Nigerians To Shun Corruption As African China, I Go Dye Thrill Abuja / African China: Police Men Who Harassed & Threatened To Shoot Me Have Been Jailed / Policeman Threathens To Shoot African China (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lagos Policemen Almost Shot African China by UPDISTIC7: 11:44am On Feb 12, 2017
Chinagorom Onuoha a.k.a. African China used to be a household name among music lovers in Nigerian during the early 2000s before he suddenly vanished from the music scene.
The Singer, is gradually returning back to the music scene years after the alleged rape scandal which almost sank his music career. He was in the news few days ago when a video was posted of his altercation between him and some policemen went viral.

In the video, the policemen were seen threatening to shoot the singer.

When he was contacted by the press, he was quick to reveal the cause of the altercation, the singer alleged the police had threatened to shoot him for not giving them bribe.

According to Africa China “Sound Sultan featured me, Baba Fryo,Daddy Showkey, and Marvellous Benji on a song and we went for the video shoot. While we were shooting the video, a group of about 80 area boys approached us and they were disturbing us. They said that they would not leave unless I give them some money. I agreed and told them I would see them before I go but they should present a representative so that I do not have to give out money to multiple people. After the shoot, I realised that there was no way I could leave without ‘seeing’ these boys so I called their representative and gave them money. Sadly, the money I gave them caused a fight among them so my boys whisked me into a car and I drove off.

“Shortly after I left the venue of the video shoot, two policemen came out from nowhere and jumped in front of my vehicle. They demanded that I come out of the car or they would shoot me. It was at that point I began to record the video. I obliged and came out of my vehicle then I approached them and introduced myself. I told
the policemen that I was an artiste and I just settled some area boys but the money caused problems among them and I needed to leave that vicinity immediately but the policemen refused to let me go. They said that I had to give them their own share of the money or they would shoot. At that point I was upset so I went back to my
car telling them that they should shoot me because I was not going to give them a dime. They were already creating a scene when one of those area boys came to meet the police to explain to them who I am. While they were talking I sped off then I placed a call to the
Lagos State Public Relations Officer. She told me to send pictures of the officers and promised to investigate the matter,” he said.

According to the singer the PPRO invited him to her office to identify the policemen who had threatened to shoot him.

“True to her words, she invited me to her office and I saw the policemen who had already been detained. I identified them but when I noticed that they were going to lock them up, I began to beg on their behalf because I am sure they have families somewhere. It is just sad that there are some bad eggs among the police who are
meant to serve and protect us,”.

Africa China may have been lucky to have the police reported but some other nigerians who have found themselves in similar circumstances with the police were not lucky.

SOURCE: http://dambela.com/2017/02/12/lagos-policemen-almost-shoot-african-china/

Re: How Lagos Policemen Almost Shot African China by legwa10(m): 11:54am On Feb 12, 2017
Is this a new news
Re: How Lagos Policemen Almost Shot African China by CplusJason: 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
I hope he was not singing that hit song titled "Lead Us Well"

***If you be police, police well well, nor dey take bribe***
Re: How Lagos Policemen Almost Shot African China by JacksonD7: 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
I think African China should just stay in retirement click like if you agree share if you don't.

(1) (Reply)

How Yung6ix Close Friend Tried To Murder Him / Didier Drogba Remixes Davido’s Latest Single, “if” / The Fraudsters Are Back With Anotherjid-mrrafur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.