Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) (41608 Views)

Gabriel Suswam Laughing As DSS Releases Him From Prison (Photos) / Dino Melaye's Reaction When He Was Told He Is Going To Prison (Photos) / James Ibori Holds Prayer Session In His London Home After His Release. Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by JohnsonEmma(m): 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
See celebrated thief. Thunder fire am.
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by pedel: 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
It's almost getting too late now bros.
gbegemaster:
This country is finished. I need to start thinking of relocation
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by gbegemaster(m): 4:27pm On Feb 12, 2017
pedel:
It's almost getting too late now bros.
My brother............
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2017
softwerk:
I hope he was allowed to share his testimony in the land of the livinggrin

I guess the former NNPC GMD Andrew will also go for his own thanksgiving after his jail term! grin

What have we done to deserve these kind of Leaders and Churches Sef cry

The same people who voted him in the first time, despite knowing he was a common crook in England, are the same people now celebrating his release despite knowing he was jailed for stealing their money.

If INEC somehow clears him (despite his formal criminal record in the UK - this is Nigeria), do not be surprised if he is eventually voted in as Senator in 2019.

Nigeria is a really, really special country. The only thing that will make people change eventually, and unite to halt this madness, is education. Unfortunately, it is almost as if the politicians have realised this and decided to kill off the public education sector and send their own to schools abroad.

The common, poverty-stricken, uneducated, docile, tribal and VERY religious Nigerian man on the street has not seen anything yet. As long as he celebrates people like Ibori, he will never know peace.

And - I do not know why he keeps mentioning God or continue praying - surely God would not have put Nigeria and Nigerians in this situation in the first place, without a good reason?

Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 4:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
xstry:
G for Goliath
you are wrong...it is G for Goat
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by frubben(m): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
shevchenko:

You don't have to go to church.There are other religions to follow .Your ancestors and the oduduwas worshipped stones .Thunder .I also heard some worshiped poo .

The church does not need you .If God wants he can raise up stones to worship him

Is dat what ur pastor told u??

Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by entrepreneurmic: 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
pharmadoctor:
Fools celebrating thieves
THAT IS WHY MOST STATES ARE BACKWARD. THOSE PERSONS NEED HELP FROM A DOCTOR.
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by nkemjacob2(m): 6:14pm On Feb 12, 2017
Thanksgiving is not a crime... he made the right move. let him repent.
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by nijascammers: 6:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
do you all agree that Nigeria is fantastically corrupt? what baffles me is that James Ibori is an unrepentant robber.
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by nijascammers: 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
nkemjacob2:
Thanksgiving is not a crime... he made the right move. let him repent.
Nope, James Ibori is an unrepentant robber to the core
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by Dazzle86(f): 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
fratermathy:
Nice!
Repping Urhobo nation!
Repping urhobo nation as, thieves.
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by Gazelle22: 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
You see why I hate the church and religion of today?

Ibori is a convicted criminal, who even pleaded guilty, that is he admitted to stealing billions of naira.

Today, church and their pastors welcomed him, and accept him for a Thanksgiving.

If I may ask, Thanksgiving for what?

Let nobody be surprised or try to ignorantly tell me to be careful when I condemn Christianity and religion as a whole. I rather stay on my own and Practice my one-man religion. It is far better than the hypocritical social gatherings called church and religion.
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by Aburi001: 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
softwerk:

I guess the former NNPC GMD Andrew will also go for his own thanksgiving after his jail term! grin

The most annoying thing is that Ibori is still receiving his pension as former till date.
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by NemzySeries(m): 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2017
softwerk:

d church is like a spiritual hospital so shd be b apprehended frm entering d church or doing a Thanksgiving service?.... even Bible say IN ALL THINGS GIVE THANKS
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by ossaioviesucces(m): 9:13pm On Feb 12, 2017
THANK GOD I AM NOT IBORI !

" I am still young . I believe I will be governor one day if I don't die" Those were his exact words . That was in the twilight of 1998. An evergreen personal encounter with James Ibori at the terrace of his duplex at Bendel estate Warri.

Ibori barely 40 then , had every reason to wax philosophical and tentative .

His major concern - Moses kragha . Arch political rival in an imminent election.

The elite class particularly in his ethnic Urhobo land saw Ibori as a joker . Why not ? Kragha ( APP ) came to the public dressed in natty outlook - aristocratic manners , ex Shell executive , oil and gas player and the big one - proud alumnus of world famous imperial college ,London the school where leaders learn .

On the flip side, the name Ibori rang no bell. Just an unknown young man coming to Delta politics from Abuja under PDP.

But then Ibori would settle all doubts soon. May 29, 1999, his self propelled prophecy came to pass . He became governor .

Destiny fulfilled , he sent kragha to political oblivion .

When divine power embraces you, pedigree pans out in mysterious eclipse . The race is not for the swift....

Today the rest is history .

Sunday 5th February 2017 . Back from prison . Face to face with the man . Ibori smiled after he volunteered a lavish handshake , as he reclined in the comfort of his sofa at Oghara.

What a man ? What a prodigious birth ? Guests - invited and uninvited trooped in to pay compliments in ceaseless droves . kings , PDP buffs, APC devotees, APGA loyalists -political enemies walking together, women and youths . All came , shunning sundry differences to see one man.

As the visitors come and go , I keep staring at one man. The indisputable benefactor of governors , senators ,ministers, speakers - powerful politicians and even the common folks . He must be the mythical Greek Atlas who carried the world on his shoulders .

Another Sunday. 12th February 2017. I saw Ibori . He gave a wink instead of that brotherly handshake last Sunday, no thanks to the human barricade at First Baptist church Oghara.

Ibori must have an Olympic sized heart to carry people , their problems and possibilities

. In a highly acrimonious state where ethnic lines are sharper than Razor, Ibori has no boundary ,with his ebony black foot rooted everywhere - Urhobo, Itsekiri , Ibo, ijaw and Isoko enclaves . Oghara stood still. His thanksgiving took the time of men and minions . They came from all parts of Delta and far afield . Ibori was just dancing and smiling. Swimming happily in a sea of crowd . Men and mob follow him unsolicited . Ibori does not rent crowd . He reigns over crowd .

Ibori !
One man with so much attention . Good and bad , fantastic and frightening . The Ibori mystique has a tinge of mysticism . It is safe to bet that even his bitter enemies are enchanted by his charm. Does this man sleep or rest? Thank God I am not Ibori !

For stranger elements , it may be difficult to fathom why the hullabaloo on Ibori even with a jail albatross . Forget the negative profiling of Ibori fixed by Lagos / Ibadan press . Cast off the fake news on social media. Jettison the anti graft platitudes at Abuja. Political subterfuge not scam is Ibori 's bane.

Ibori with all his flaws is an enigma , so deep to decipher .

Let the " saints " of CHANGE go on with their tea party at Aso Rock and even London.

Ibori is not in Abuja. He is no longer in London. He is in the best place now- home , having tea and even Starch and Banga soup with his PEOPLE !

Those without blemish ," sinless " corrupt free Nigerians some my good friends keep fuming .. ... why celebrate Ibori , the much advertised bad boy ? It is the eye of the child that fears the mask.

Still wondering why we romanticize Ibori ? Wait until you see him!

This Ibori ....

Norbert Chiazor
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by justluv1(m): 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2017
VIP prison is waiting for him so he has nothing to worry about. Afterall, a man who murdered his daughter's BF in cold blood was brought to the court in CRS in a comfortable private vehicle. 9ja 4 yhu
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by brojoshua: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
That is exactly Nigeria and Nigerians for you. They take darkness for light, lie for truth and injustice for justice. Their eyes are at the back of their heads and they are actually walking upside down which is contrary to nature. They rejoice in corruption but will tear you into pieces when you talk of justice and truth before them. They are wickedly corrupt, thieves and evil and they celebrate the leading corrupt, thieves and evil people among.
Nigeria is accursed of God by their wickedness. They wallow and rejoice in corruption as maggots do in dead and decaying animal. And woe unto an evil nation which I also belong.
But let us repent from our wicked ways and hate what are bad which God hates but love the good things which God loves; righteousness, justice, mercy and truth, so that God may remove His fierce anger and curse from our heads, that He may heal our land and bless us.

Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by Celsony: 10:03pm On Feb 12, 2017
If i be member of that church, the day of the thanksgiving, i will attend a different branch, because they will waste unnecessary time doing nothing.
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
shevchenko:

You don't have any stake in Nigeria .You have nothing to sell save your thatched roof and poverty stricken life style
Hey you little fool, I don't give a Bleep about your stupidity. Never you quote me like that next time.

Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by okechukwu101: 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
frubben:
This is the reason why I don't take church serious, pastor are not always truthful.

My brother you need the church. The church doesn't need you. You are going to the Church to hear God's word and the Church points you to Christ and not Pastor
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by shevchenko(m): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
Jolar101:

Hey you little fool, I don't give a Bleep about your stupidity. Never you quote me like that next time.
Dumbass
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
shevchenko:

Dumbass
For the last time stop quoting comments. Else, I will appear in your dreams this night.

Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by Incredible120(m): 12:24am On Feb 13, 2017
sarrki:
Nigerians are corrupt

We celebrate criminals

We use religious and ethnic coloration to justify things

Am beginning to see that we are the cause of our own problems
oh, do u think its british dat caused our problems? We are d cause of our problems jooor
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by ossaioviesucces(m): 6:59am On Feb 13, 2017
IBORI: Today, I have decided to speak for myself, I am not a thief, I cannot be a thief – Ibori

OGHARA – FORMER Governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori, yesterday reaffirmed his innocence of charges leveled against him in the United Kingdom where he recently served a jail term, saying, “I am not a thief.”

Chief Ibori, who spoke in English and his native Urhobo dialect, gave the clarification at a thanksgiving service organised in honour of him by the monarch and people of Oghara kingdom at the First Baptist Church, Oghara.

The former governor, who was dressed in light brown native and blue wrapper, was ushered into the church during the praise and worship session at about 10.25a.m in company of his sister, Christie Ibori-Ibie, daughter and member, state House of Assembly, Hon Eriatakhe Ibori and a host of other dignitaries.

Speaking for the first time since his arrival after serving his jail term in London, Chief Ibori said: “Today, I have decided to speak for myself, I am not a thief, I cannot be a thief. Today is the day they say I should give testimony to God, for those that know me, you know that my entire life is a testimony itself and I have said it over and over again that my life is fashioned by God, directed by God, sealed, acknowledged, blessed by God and I believe that since the day I was born.

“Like the Arch Bishop said, when this whole commotion started, what was most painful to me was the pain and suffering that my people were going through.

“It has nothing to do with me as a person because for some reasons like I said to you, I drew my strength from God and somehow, I knew that God would stand by me, I knew that one day, and this day would come. I am indeed very pleased that I can now stand before you and look at your faces, faces that I have missed and those of you that have indeed suffered the pains of my absence. It has nothing to do with me.

“So, when I reflect, it gives me joy that all your prayers, God has answered, all your support and solidarity with me all through this period, it is indeed not what I can begin to say…”

“If I am to give testimony of my journey, you will not leave here. The only testimony that I have is the fact that I am back and alive in your midst. And again I say that I never had any doubt in my mind that I would get back home,” he said.

Speaking in Urhobo, Ibori asserted: “There is an Urhobo adage that says it is in the river that one changes clothes, it is in the river that I changed my cloth.”

“When I looked how things were going, I discovered that they want to separate me from you people. They want me to go to the corner where I will not be seen.

“That is how I see it. At a point, I called my elder brother (former Governor Uduaghan) that this is how I can get home, that this is what I am about to do now. It was a pragmatic decision. I am happy to be home with my people. There is nobody that can battle with the Lord. Urhobo adage says there is time for everything (Okemutie). A day will come when I will tell my story and every one of you will hear me. Today is to thank God,” he added.

Earlier, the South-South chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Arch Bishop Gpddowell Awomakpa, who delivered a sermon on “Knowing the Gift of God,” said: “Ibori was the point of contact that unites government with the church. What we actually need are politicians, who would go into politics for the betterment of the land.”

“James Ibori comes from God and as we speak, he represents another government up there. In Urhobo land, we have two people who made mighty impact. Olorogun Michael Ibru, after him, all of them went there for their pocket until the time of Brother James.

“Some of you while in office did not even build a house for anyone, but this building that we are in here today, was actually built by Brother James, besides who believed that Brother James would come and be here with us today. Today indeed calls for joy and celebration for the people of Oghara kingdom,” the clergy man asserted.

In his remark, the Ovie of Oghara kingdom, Orefe III, who spoke on behalf of the people of the kingdom, said: “Oghara is blessed with a very big son in who we are well pleased.

“Our son has placed Oghara in a very big map for which we are very happy. We lost our son for some time; he went to a special school and is it not right that we celebrate him? He has touched so many lives and for that we are indeed happy.”

Dignitaries present at the event include the former Delta State governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, member representing Ethiope Federal constituency in the national assembly, Hon. Lovett Idisi, Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Monday Igbuya, Secretary to the Delta State Government, Chief Ovie Agas, Delta State APC factional chairman, Chief Adolor Okotie-Ebor, Senator Patrick Osakwe, Chief Ighoyota Amori, Ovuzorie Macaulay, a cross section of monarchs and a host of political appointees from Delta State.
Baptist Betterment Build a house Catfish Christie Dialects Emmanuel Goodie Governor Happy to be
Baptist Betterment Build a house Catfish Christie Dialects Emmanuel Goodie Governor
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by frubben(m): 7:34am On Feb 13, 2017
okechukwu101:

My brother you need the church. The church doesn't need you. You are going to the Church to hear God's word and the Church points you to Christ and not Pastor

U guys keep saying the church does not need me, " Is that what pastors are telling u guyz. Everybody has his own gift to make the church complete if one I missing the church is not complete. Paul was the only one that could preach and teach the gentiles the way God wants, if not God would not have waste is time coming down to give him warning he will just rasie stone ( like ur pastor has being threating u guyss with)

And saying u are going to church for God not minding what the pastor is doing is false bro accept it or not once ur pastor has miss his way everybody under him has also miss there way. If a driver going to lagos come carry motor face abuja everybody in that bus will also face abuja.

Ink Don finissh abeg
Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
shevchenko:

Your father is a Dumbass and your lineage is a generation of losers
You have passed the line you shouldn't have passed. Don't make me put bullets in your blocking brain. You think you can't be found in where you fucking are?

Say this to yourself; "MY ME AND MY GENERATIONS HAVE NOTHING Good TO WRITE HOME ABOUT"

Re: James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos) by shevchenko(m): 9:13am On Feb 14, 2017
Jolar101:

You have passed the line you shouldn't have passed. Don't make me put bullets in your blocking brain. You think you can't be found in where you fucking are?

Say this to yourself; "MY ME AND MY GENERATIONS HAVE NOTHING Good TO WRITE HOME ABOUT"

Ok I will repeat it word for word

YOU AND YOUR GENERATIONS HAVE NOTHING Good TO WRITE HOME ABOUT"

Fayemi Begs Ekiti People For Forgiveness / Katsina Man Renames Son From Buhari To Suleiman, Holds Party Says PMB Has Failed / FFK Reacts To Kano Bomb Blast, Tacitly Attacks Buhari

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62