Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? (5075 Views)

Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) / States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use / Chinese Automobiles: Lifan - New Chinese Car Brand In Nigeria, How Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by Fhemmmy: 2:01am On Dec 11, 2009
However, if you are so accomodating and wanna get something with say 30,000 Miles, you might be able to get something for say 22,000 - 23,000 $$
Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:22pm On Dec 11, 2009
fhemmmy, you're tempting cheeef now as i can see. wink
Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by Fhemmmy: 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2009
George_D:

not at all oh, i am just trying to make a believer in him and add him to the growing list of our satisfied clients.
We trying to make believer in people one after the other.
Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2009
i believe you. carry on! grin
Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by Fhemmmy: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2009
George_D:

i believe you. carry on! grin

Since you wont give me your business now.
Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by megastu(m): 10:55pm On Dec 11, 2009
@poster,

Whatever you do, do not buy an hyundai brand new car. By the time your car is only two years old you would have spent up to the same amount used in buying it for servicing etc. Those guys are a big rip-off. They will reduce the price to make a lot of people buy them and then recover the cost (and even excess) during the so-called servicing.
Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by Fhemmmy: 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2009
megastu:

@poster,

Whatever you do, do not buy an hyundai brand new car. By the time your car is only two years old you would have spent up to the same amount used in buying it for servicing etc. Those guys are a big rip-off. They will reduce the price to make a lot of people buy them and then recover the cost (and even excess) during the so-called servicing.

If my memory never failed me, i think you were the dude that wanted to buy a brand new Hyundai Elantra last year or year before?

I beg to disagree with you, although, i dont know too much about the craps they send to Nigeria to sell oh, but lifespan and good of any car depends on the maintenance, if you do all you need to do at the right time to the car that you bought brand new, there is not a reason why after 2 years u wld have spent so much in fixing.

The car is meant to last long, cos Hyundai have inproved over the years.
The potholes in Nigeria and the bad roads are enuf to make all the boxes sold in Nigeria under the pretense of good ride to go bad, so there is a need for the owner to drive with car and not just jump into any holes.
Proper maintenance will make u enjoy the ride for a long time.
If you buy a brand new Japanese too without maintenance, will be same story.
But again, i am aware that most of the brand new rides sold in Nigeria to Nigerians are jargons, they are just empty boxes on wheels painted well.
Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by Cheef: 6:01am On Dec 12, 2009
George_D:

Fhemmmy is trying hard, I have actually been reconsidering again based on his post, can u imagine! I even met someone who has the exact same Rav4 who is so happy with his choice, he looks for any opportunity to go out! He got it low mileage also (~6700miles), a/c chills to the alpines and fuel is F. E. Cient! The car even had a 3rd row of seats.

@megastu,
Yours is not the 1st caveat on Kia and Hyundai. All it does is make me more undecided. undecided
Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by Cheef: 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

With somethng of that low mileage, you might be looking at $30,000 landing cost at your door step.
If you willing to settle for something under 10,000 Miles, like 5000 Miles, you might be able to get something as low as $25,000
That will include buying, shipping and clearing and delivered at your house.

Having consulted wide, methinks I want to take your offer further, lemme have your email so we can discuss offline!
Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Dec 12, 2009
Cheef:

Having consulted wide, methinks I want to take your offer further, lemme have your email so we can discuss offline!

Like i said, we stand by what we sell
We reduce the gap btw good things and affordability

For more info - - - femmmy.moto@gmail.com
Re: Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2009
megastu, your comment on kia and hyundai is very mistaken. i too used to think along the same lines untill my friends started buying those brands and i can tell you that so far four years on, they're still happy driving them good as new. in any case i think fhemmmy said it all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Affordable Car For Low Income Earners / O2 Sensors Spacers Discussion-Effective or not On 07 & Above Vehicles. / Advice On Replacing My Mitsubishi Outlander Fuel Tank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.