Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? (2166 Views)

A Finnish Singer That's In Love With Nigeria And Afro Beat. / Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? / The Richest Nigerian Rapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:05am On Dec 07, 2009
Olubo Waleed Victor Folarin (born November 21, 1984),better known by his stage name Wale, is a Nigerian-American hip hop artist. He rose to prominence in 2006, when his song "Dig Dug (Shake It)" became popular in Washington, D.C. Wale has released five widely recognized mixtapes. His first full length album, Attention Deficit, was released on November 10, 2009.

Wale- Beautiful Bliss

[flash=550,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcmpJX_FSFw&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:07am On Dec 07, 2009
Some of his works. . . .

Wale- [b]Chillin [/b]ft. lady gaga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbNyqtl99R0

His first song I fell in love with kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:10am On Dec 07, 2009
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE  LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE  LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

Wale- [b]Letter [/b]ft. John Mayer
[flash=500,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9uYe6QAt8&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Family Affair

[flash=500,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQTOu3_E3FU&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Wale- [b]Center of Attention

[flash=500,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef2fyZPHARY&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by chiogo(f): 3:16am On Dec 07, 2009
LOL Gators!! Good for you.

He's iight. You listened to Nike Boots? My second favorite after Chillin'.
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 07, 2009
WALE - UPTOWN ROAMERS

[flash=400,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oHHLZdugUc&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 07, 2009
chiogo:

LOL Gators!! Good for you.

He's iight. You listened to Nike Boots? My second favorite after Chillin'.
Not yet, about to on youtube.

I swear, hez the only naija rapper I fell in love with.

*fans sef*
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:23am On Dec 07, 2009
Nike Boots- Wale

[flash=400,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZF0iMCV7Vs&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by chiogo(f): 3:27am On Dec 07, 2009
LOL. What kinda love are we talking here? You love his music or him as a person?
This one you're fanning yourself. undecided
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 07, 2009
chiogo:

LOL. What kinda love are we talking here? You love his music or him as a person?
This one you're fanning yourself. undecided
Both. Dude is so fine and fresh cheesy

@post
Lil Wayne ft Wale "Bounce With Me"

[flash=400,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZHGUCxTWi4&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:34am On Dec 07, 2009
yeah i been heard about him since like July or June or something.
i like his song DC Chillin' but i havent really heard others.
he is kinda cute! lol one of my friends thinks so also.
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 07, 2009
Wale feat. Rihanna - Can I Endure

[flash=400,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4245RdyasyQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Why ft Rihanna, she messed the song up angry
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:38am On Dec 07, 2009
I just heard abt him. I was Googling Wale and his name came up.
Dnt ask me why I was googling wale
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by chiogo(f): 3:39am On Dec 07, 2009
FL Gators:

Both. Dude is so fine and fresh cheesy
loool interesting.

He does look fresh but he's iight, dunno about fine. He's my fave naija rapper though.
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:40am On Dec 07, 2009
i dont even think they really did a song "together" but he just took a part from her song "Question Existing" and added it in there.
i guess he bought some rights or something.
the song is okay, and rihanna did kill it a little.
maybe he should have hooked up with someone else.

FL Gators:

I just heard abt him. I was Googling Wale and his name came up.
Dnt ask me why I was googling wale
youre just hearing about him?  shocked shocked shocked
this guy has been out for a while now.
people i know were walking around singing "Chillin" and my friends was like he is so hott and all that.
wale has been well known for a while now. lol where have you been?
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 07, 2009
Wale- [b]letter [/b]ft. John Mayer

This single is meaningful, yall should read the lyrics
Wow, he made so much sense. My love

[flash=400,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9uYe6QAt8&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:46am On Dec 07, 2009
Yes o, I just heard about him. Lol cuz am/was more into African American rappers
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by chiogo(f): 3:49am On Dec 07, 2009
Well, he's more or less African-American. I think he was born here but I like how he uses his name, Wale.

You probably just heard about him 'cause he's still new anyway. Heard about him last yr maybe but didn't know his songs till Nike boots early this yr.
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 07, 2009
chiogo:

Well, he's more or less African-American. I think he was born here but I like how he uses his name, Wale.

You probably just heard about him 'cause he's still new anyway. Heard about him last yr maybe but didn't know his songs till Nike boots early this yr.
I know, what got me was that he kept his name or I me and him wouldnt have been in love with each other.
Thatz my boo.

We cant say he's African, but, you know undecided
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 4:29am On Dec 07, 2009
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 07, 2009
This is it!!! wowwww
His lyics are so meaningful and so true. . . . . kiss kiss

Wale - Shades feat. Chrisette Michele

[flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6PSV6xkzPg&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Long before I knew the significance of a comb
I roam like foam with no vocal reception
Immigrant parents had me feeling like a step-kid
And black Americans never did accept me
That's why I thrive so much winnin' respect, dig
I never fit in with them light skins
I thought the lighter they was, the better that they life is
So I resented them and they resented me
Cheated on light skin Dominique, we were 17
I figure I hurt her she'd evidently hurt me
And all women who have light features see

I never let a light broad hurt me
That's why I strike first and the first cut's deep
From a light skin girl to a dark skin brotha
Shade doesn't matter, heart makes the lover
Boy you so beautiful
Boy you so beautiful
Shade doesn't matter, heart makes the lover
Honey brown, caramel, coffee brown, chocolate, toffee, pecan, licorice
Boy you so beautiful
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2009
Wale - TV in the Radio

He's so right here. Some ppl and their credibility. Why fake rappers get the emmys. . . .

[flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57K9OCs7BmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Abagworo(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2009
FL Gators:

Not yet, about to on youtube.

I swear, hez the only naija rapper I fell in love with.

*fans sef*

surprised y'all did not know of wale.he isnt actually nigerian based.he is infact an american artist.more like sade and seal.i however think he might love naija more than sade et al.he remixed one nigerian classic ''my sweetie,my sugar''
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
Abagworo:

surprised y'all did not know of wale.he isnt actually nigerian based.he is infact an american artist.more like sade and seal.i however think he might love naija more than sade et al.he remixed one nigerian classic ''my sweetie,my sugar''
LOL by his voice, I knew he wasnt Nigerian based.
But he is Nigerian. . . .dude prolly doesnt care about his nationality.
I never heard heard of him down here. . . .he's really good, I wonder why he hasnt been played on the radio undecided
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by semid4lyfe(m): 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2009
FL Gators, so you've finally gotten around to creating a thread on this 'your' Wale guy? Anyhow sha, nothin' do you as long as he rocks your boat.

Enjoy!

Lest, I forget~ did he do a søng with Lady Gaga?
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
Yea he did. . . .right here, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbNyqtl99R0
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by hax: 11:26pm On Dec 07, 2009
I like Wale. I downloaded Mixtape about nothing a long time ago, thought it was okay.
Then I heard my nicca J. Cole was gonna be on his new album Acheesy, so I downloaded it, and skipped it all the way to 'Beautiful Bliss'. Sh!t. J. Cole destroyed that track. *phew*

Okay, my J. Cole stan-ness aside. . .

I liked Acheesy alot. Crazy album. Nice subject matter (Contemplate, 90210, Shades), feel good stuff (World Tour, Pretty Girls), and CRAZY beats (Mama Told Me). I thought TV in the Radio was stoopid. Along with that Pharrell track. And Mirrors too.

I'm not a big fan of Wale. I was after I heard Nike Boots and Critically acclaimed. Thought he was gonna be sick. But he's just decent, imo. His flow seems off sometimes, and I just don't feel he's all that. He's nice, I'll definitely bump Acheesy time to time, but it's because the beats were crazy but I just don't think he's special. He's nice though.
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by chiogo(f): 11:41pm On Dec 07, 2009
Abagworo:

Who's y'all? Better speak for yourself. tongue

FL Gators:

LOL by his voice, I knew he wasnt Nigerian based.
But he is Nigerian. . . .dude prolly doesnt care about his nationality.
I never heard heard of him down here. . . .he's really good, I wonder why he hasnt been played on the radio undecided
He is on the radio!!! Leave the south grin I dunno what radio y'all be playing.

I agree with Hax, he's just iight.
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 08, 2009
chiogo:

Who's y'all? Better speak for yourself. tongue
He is on the radio!!! Leave the south grin I dunno what radio y'all be playing.

I agree with Hax, he's just iight.
LOL Am in a white dominated area, up North. I just thank God they dnt play country music all the time.

hax:

I like Wale. I downloaded Mixtape about nothing a long time ago, thought it was okay.
Then I heard my nicca J. Cole was gonna be on his new album Acheesy, so I downloaded it, and skipped it all the way to 'Beautiful Bliss'. Sh!t. J. Cole destroyed that track. *phew*

I liked Acheesy alot. Crazy album. Nice subject matter (Contemplate, 90210, Shades), feel good stuff (World Tour, Pretty Girls), and CRAZY beats (Mama Told Me). I thought TV in the Radio was stoopid. Along with that Pharrell track. And Mirrors too.

I'm not a big fan of Wale. I was after I heard Nike Boots and Critically acclaimed. Thought he was gonna be sick. But he's just decent, imo. His flow seems off sometimes, and I just don't feel he's all that. He's nice, I'll definitely bump Acheesy time to time, but it's because the beats were crazy but I just don't think he's special. He's nice though.

Yea, Beautiful Bliss is hawwwwt.

Yea, when I saw Wale, I thought he was going to be awful, but damnnnn. I have to say, he's better than most rapper. All real and shit, no autotune.
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by rocnaija(m): 1:03am On Dec 08, 2009
hax:

^^ co-sign
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 3:53am On Dec 08, 2009
Wale - Triumph

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

I cant help not listening to this guy, but damn!!!

[flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2tpTdgeStM&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by GOODMusic: 9:00am On Dec 08, 2009
Re: Yo, I'm In Love With This Nigerian Rapper. . . .heard Of Him? by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2009
GOODMusic:

You might want to check this out: http://www.notjustok.com/2009/08/16/wale-my-sweetie/

Dude I love this. . . .wow. . . .

Chigo, where you dey? grin
Didnt you say he doesnt recognize he's Nigerian?

I don dey fall hard o cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot Dj Mix: Dj Menthol Ft Patoranking – My Woman (naija Mixtape) / Modenine In Singapore / New Video;skuki(stamina) Ft Mo'cheddah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.