Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns (16678 Views)

Bolton Speaks On Being Sacked As Trump's National Security Adviser / Trump Sacks National Security Adviser (John Bolton) / Trump Sacks Herbert McMaster As His National Security Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by Ugosample(m): 10:32am On Feb 14, 2017
All these Trump asslickers are just hilarious people grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by jesus500(m): 11:09am On Feb 14, 2017
tianshie:

God will bless you, my friend.
thanks bro.
Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by Lucasbalo(m): 11:12am On Feb 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:

When I told you months ago despite all the poll results that Trump will win no matter want you also labelled me a comic relief . My boss take it from me Ivanka is the first female POTUS it's just that I don't know when

Melania that could barely put a sentence together and what about the big accent of hers. Plus she was not American born. US Constitution dictates she has to be a natural born American which she is not.
Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by SalamRushdie: 11:57am On Feb 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Melania that could barely put a sentence together and what about the big accent of hers. Plus she was not American born. US Constitution dictates she has to be a natural born American which she is not.

I said Ivanka and not Melania sir..Ivanka is his well behaved and gorgeous daughter ..A model for daughter hood sir grin
Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by Lucasbalo(m): 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I said Ivanka and not Melania sir..Ivanka is his well behaved and gorgeous daughter ..A model for daughter hood sir grin
Thank God you are in Nigeria not America. If you want her, we will gladly ship her to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by drnoel: 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
chloedogie:

Maybe you should learn to be objective in arguments ehn? Trump is my man and I stand with his policies but there is what is called a process. One of the things in leadership you must learn is risk analysis. In making policies and decisions, you must analyse the risks involved. Take for example, the president wanted to collect the 15 billion naira from Tompolo. What are the risks involved in picking up Tompolo or freezing his accounts? As at February last year till this point, Forcados Terminal has bn shut down. FYI, Forcados alone produces 60% of gas we used for electricity. Hydro level has gone down and what's the aftermath effect of this? Darkness in the country. That terminal alone, supplies 400,000 barrels of crude oil pa day. Multiply $40 by 400,000 by 365 days. That gives you $5.8billion(dollars o). By the time you multiply that by let say 300 naira, you have almost 1.75 trillion naira. So what's the sense in pursuing 15billion naira as against the 1.75trillion naira lost in a year? But that doesn't mean bandits like him shouldn't be made to release all the stolen money. Tell me one developed country with a president doing gragra and they are doing well? cheers man.

Did u just make a point? I don't think so
Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by chloedogie(m): 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
drnoel:

Did u just make a point? I don't think so

Okay sir. Thanks.
Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
Justice Department warned White House that Flynn could be vulnerable to Russian blackmail, officials say

By Adam Entous, Ellen Nakashima and Philip Rucker February 13 at 11:17 PM

The acting attorney general informed the Trump White House late last month that she believed Michael Flynn had misled senior administration officials about the nature of his communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States, and warned that the national security adviser was potentially vulnerable to Russian blackmail, current and former U.S. officials said.

The message, delivered by Sally Q. Yates and a senior career national security official to the White House counsel, was prompted by concerns that ­Flynn, when asked about his calls and texts with the Russian diplomat, had told Vice ­President-elect Mike Pence and others that he had not discussed the Obama administration sanctions on Russia for its interference in the 2016 election, the officials said. It is unclear what the White House counsel, Donald McGahn, did with the information.

Flynn resigned Monday night in the wake of revelations about his contacts with the Russian ambassador.

In the waning days of the Obama administration, James R. Clapper Jr., who was the director of national intelligence, and John Brennan, the CIA director at the time, shared Yates’s concerns and concurred with her recommendation to inform the Trump White House. They feared that “Flynn had put himself in a compromising position” and thought that Pence had a right to know that he had been misled, according to one of the officials, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

A senior Trump administration official said before Flynn’s resignation that the White House was aware of the matter, adding that “we’ve been working on this for weeks.”

The current and former officials said that although they believed that Pence was misled about the contents of Flynn’s communications with the Russian ambassador, they couldn’t rule out that Flynn was acting with the knowledge of others in the transition.

The FBI, Yates, Clapper and Brennan declined to comment on the matter.

In a Feb. 8 interview with The Washington Post, Flynn categorically denied discussing sanctions with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, repeating public assertions made in January by top Trump officials. One day after the interview, Flynn revised his account, telling The Post through a spokesman that he “couldn’t be certain that the topic never came up.”

Two officials said a main topic of the relevant call was the sanctions. Officials also said there was no evidence that Russia had attempted to exploit the discrepancy between public statements by Trump officials and what Flynn had discussed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-department-warned-white-house-that-flynn-could-be-vulnerable-to-russian-blackmail-officials-say/2017/02/13/fc5dab88-f228-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.ca4b43cd662f

Lt Gen Flynn has to resign - according to the 'U.S. Logan Act'

1 Like

Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
Also I think the Obama sanctions against Russia last December is a potential 'banana skin' which is likely to bring an end to the Trump presidency - in terms of National Security Issues between US and Russia.

1 Like

Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
A woman doesn't have to be a natural-born citizen in order to serve as the First Lady. It's her husband that has to be a natural-born citizen to serve as president.
Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by Lucasbalo(m): 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
CFCman:

A woman doesn't have to be a natural-born citizen in order to serve as the First Lady. It's her husband that has to be a natural-born citizen to serve as president.
You are right. I thought the guy was talking about Melania running for president.
Re: U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You are right. I thought the guy was talking about Melania running for president.
Oh
In that case, Melania won't be eligible to run for president

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Nuclear Missile Test Fails Again After Trident Weapon Belly Flops Into Ocean / Russian Spokeswoman Slams Israeli Ambassador's Call To Condemn Iran Attack / Fifteen US States File Petition To Secede From The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.