Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Flying With Ear Infection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flying With Ear Infection (1595 Views)

Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection / Special Adviser To The President On Media Femi Adesina Writes About Flying With / Your Conditions For Flying With Us To Sambisa Forest Irrelevant, FG Replies BBOG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flying With Ear Infection by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38am On Feb 14, 2017
It is not uncommon for your ears to "pop" during a flight. This is caused by a build-up of pressure inside of the cabin as the plane ascends and descends. Although some people may find it irritating, having your ears pop isn't anything to worry about. However, some people may wonder if it is safe to travel with an ear infection.

Is Flying with Ear Infection Safe?

It is usually recommended that you don't fly if you have an ear infection. With an ear infection, the Eustachian tubes become clogged with fluid and the pressure inside of the plane's cabin can cause severe pain in your ears. In addition, along with the pain, the eardrums can be damaged during a flight.
The Eustachian tubes are located at the back of the eardrum and run to the back of the throat. Normally, the tubes are clear and allow for air pressure to be equalized on both sides of the eardrums. However, if you do have an ear infection, fluid can build-up in the tubes and clog them, which doesn't allow the pressure to equalize.

Possible Effects of Flying with Ear Infection

If you do fly with an ear infection or if your Eustachian tubes are clogged, you may experience some unusual symptoms. While the most common symptom will be severe pain due to the pressure changes in the cabin, you may also experience vertigo. Vertigo usually makes you feel dizzy and you may feel nauseous and vomit.
Another symptom you may experience during a flight is tinnitus, which is a ringing in the ears. Tinnitus can also cause a temporary loss of hearing. Due to the pressure placed on the ears during a flight, it is possible that the tympanic membranes, or the eardrums, may rupture if your Eustachian tubes are severely clogged.
Sometimes chewing gum, yawning and swallowing will help ease the pressure on the ears during a flight. However, if you have an ear or sinus infection, these tricks may not help ease the pain or pressure you may experience.

My conclusion. For someone who just went thru major surgery on the ears, flying is not an option until he is cleared by the Dr.

Wish you quick recovery Mr president.

Source: http://m.newhealthadvisor.com/flying-with-ear-infection.html

2 Likes

Re: Flying With Ear Infection by ipobarecriminals: 8:52am On Feb 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
It is not uncommon for your ears to "pop" during a flight. This is caused by a build-up of pressure inside of the cabin as the plane ascends and descends. Although some people may find it irritating, having your ears pop isn't anything to worry about. However, some people may wonder if it is safe to travel with an ear infection.

Is Flying with Ear Infection Safe?

It is usually recommended that you don't fly if you have an ear infection. With an ear infection, the Eustachian tubes become clogged with fluid and the pressure inside of the plane's cabin can cause severe pain in your ears. In addition, along with the pain, the eardrums can be damaged during a flight.
The Eustachian tubes are located at the back of the eardrum and run to the back of the throat. Normally, the tubes are clear and allow for air pressure to be equalized on both sides of the eardrums. However, if you do have an ear infection, fluid can build-up in the tubes and clog them, which doesn't allow the pressure to equalize.

Possible Effects of Flying with Ear Infection

If you do fly with an ear infection or if your Eustachian tubes are clogged, you may experience some unusual symptoms. While the most common symptom will be severe pain due to the pressure changes in the cabin, you may also experience vertigo. Vertigo usually makes you feel dizzy and you may feel nauseous and vomit.
Another symptom you may experience during a flight is tinnitus, which is a ringing in the ears. Tinnitus can also cause a temporary loss of hearing. Due to the pressure placed on the ears during a flight, it is possible that the tympanic membranes, or the eardrums, may rupture if your Eustachian tubes are severely clogged.
Sometimes chewing gum, yawning and swallowing will help ease the pressure on the ears during a flight. However, if you have an ear or sinus infection, these tricks may not help ease the pain or pressure you may experience.

My conclusion. For someone who just went thru major surgery on the ears, flying is not an option until he is cleared by the Dr.

Wish you quick recovery Mr president.

Source: http://m.newhealthadvisor.com/flying-with-ear-infection.html

May God heal/open baba ears.So Dat he can hear the cry of the poor/downtrodden people. Nigerians are SUFFERING

3 Likes

Re: Flying With Ear Infection by darocha1: 9:59am On Feb 14, 2017
Wish our president speedy recovery. God bless Nigeria
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by princetom1(m): 10:05am On Feb 14, 2017
Lmfao, GAZZUZZ, let baba use sea now. Abi sea air too is too much for baba to bear too grin.

Make usa borrow us, one of their submarines to take carry baba sharp sharp to nigeria from uk.
Poster above me no chill, o GA o

1 Like

Re: Flying With Ear Infection by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35am On Feb 14, 2017
princetom1:
Lmfao, GAZZUZZ, let baba use sea now. Abi sea air too is too much for baba to bear too grin.

Make usa borrow us, one of their submarines to take carry baba sharp sharp to nigeria from uk.
Poster above me no chill, o GA o

same problem with flying.
Pressure on the ear
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by alezzy13: 11:31am On Feb 14, 2017
If indeed that is the problem preventing baba from returning, surely it wouldnt hurt to inform us, no?

Al the same I wish him speedy recovery and return back to his constituency, Nigeria.
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by princetom1(m): 11:51am On Feb 14, 2017
alezzy13:
If indeed that is the problem preventing baba from returning, surely it wouldnt hurt to inform us, no?

Al the same I wish him speedy recovery and return back to his constituency, Nigeria.

Yes, but as nigerian, if he admits to any kind of sickness or infection, it will just fuel the rumour more, that he is about to die
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by buckdudebuck: 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

same problem with flying. Pressure on the ear
just put on head phones
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
buckdudebuck:
just put on head phones

Clap for ya sef cheesy
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by buckdudebuck: 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Clap for ya sef cheesy
It works excellently well, try it. I always do it when ever I travel by air, Bros e be like say you never see plane before.

1 Like

Re: Flying With Ear Infection by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
buckdudebuck:
It works excellently well, try it. I always do it when ever I travel by air, Bros e be like say you never see plane before.

No let them ban me because of you angry
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by kingreign(m): 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

No mind am bro. He is a learner.
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by searchng4love: 8:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
buckdudebuck:
lols yeee see stroking....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flying With Ear Infection by searchng4love: 8:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
kingreign:

No mind am bro. He is a learner.
Let Gazzuzz mind him o.... That okokobioko stroking should not be ignored...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying With Ear Infection by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
someone has escaped from yabaleft in a 1984 starlet. grin
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by buckdudebuck: 9:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Fvck you. I am cocoduck, remember me? if they ban you simply open another account. That is what I do.

1 Like

Re: Flying With Ear Infection by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
buckdudebuck:
Fvck you. I am cocoduck, remember me? if they ban you simply open another account. That is what I do.

seems they just left the door open in yaba!! grin

1 Like

Re: Flying With Ear Infection by buckdudebuck: 9:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

fvck you.

1 Like

Re: Flying With Ear Infection by searchng4love: 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
Bros you don't engage one, who must be high on weed at this tyme of the day... your finishing is classic just ignore henceforth...
buckdudebuck:
Right now you have him like this..

3 Likes

Re: Flying With Ear Infection by luvinhubby(m): 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

That is wide open with no mai-guard. grin grin
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by princetom1(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

same problem with flying.
Pressure on the ear

The lower below sea level, the higher d presure
Re: Flying With Ear Infection by IPOB123london: 1:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
wishing knocked engine to drive from lagos to abuja

can only happened in the useless country called Niggers Area created by oyigbo man

yes by oyigbo man

by the way ear infection might be a symptom

mind u we are Biafrans; knowledge comes straight to us from the most High

(1) (Reply)

When Nigerians Cannot Eat, Buhari Budgets N40m To Feed Aso Rock Animals / Confusion in Buhari Media Centre (BMC) as Buhari set to return to London. / State Disaggregated Mining And Quarrying Data (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.